• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Sep 20, 2008
WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

"No, I am asking, "How does one perform jhatka with a bow and arrows?" - Bhagat Singh

As far as I know, Guru Ji also kept swords(shastar vidya), by which Jhatka can be easily applied.

Harsimran Singh Khalsa

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

"No, I am asking, "How does one perform jhatka with a bow and arrows?" - Bhagat Singh

As far as I know, Guru Ji also kept swords(shastar vidya), by which Jhatka can be easily applied.

Harsimran Singh Khalsa

But how do you do Jkatka on an animal running away with an arrow?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: The Sikh Religon And Eating Meat

Sikh religion and meating eating eh? hmm... :unsure:
*evil music - dun dun dun*

Meat is bad, vegetables are bad because we are killing living things! SO we must survive by eating AIR! :yes:
NOW THAT is the Sikh way of life.

NO WAIT... by eating air we kill stuff... NOOOOOO...

we must survive by eating nothing and holding our breath!!
NOW THAT is the SIKH way of life. :happy:

wait a second.... wait just a darn second here... by doing that we kill ourselves! NOOOO....
NOW THAT is the SIKH way of life! or should I say death...:(

*evil music - dun dun dun climax point*
no comments!! NO QUESTIONS!! :}--}:
NOW THAT is the REAL Sikh way of life! :cool: Case closed.

*evil music stops - dun dun dun*

Brought to you by the Sikh Way of Life deciders. Our motto: we make rules you FOLLOW THEM!!:yes:

But how do you do Jkatka on an animal running away with an arrow?

The Gurus, if they killed an animal with an arrow then it was done the jhatka way, there is no doubt here. To answer yours and BhagatSingh question how its done in general sense, well ask someone who as done it, go to a hunting site do some research; thats what i recommend. The way the Gurus did it is with there ability to shot an arrow.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
the gurus, if they killed an animal with an arrow then it was done the jhatka way, there is no doubt here. To answer yours and bhagatsingh question how its done in general sense, well ask someone who as done it, go to a hunting site do some research; thats what i recommend. The way the gurus did it is with there ability to shot an arrow.
hahaha :happy:

you cracked me up! :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dear KDS 1980,
"Then the question is why was halal banned and hunting was not?" - KDS 1980

I am not a hunter, but from my best guess, I think hunting was not banned and halaal was banned on the basis of cruelty. You are right, hunting can be creul, it depends on how you kill the animal. If the Guru ever hunted then I am sure they killed the animal with the "Jhatka" method which we know is not considered creul, and that is why the Gurus did not ban hunting versus Halaal.

My mother's family live in Assam and Hunting was quite reguler in their house.I too in my teens shot some birds and read plenty about hunting.Hunting cannot be compared to jhatka from any point It involves cruelity even without any intention

Also What about Fish.Taking her out of water and killing it is also not humane.In terms of cruelity Killing fish or Hunting is worse than halal .Then why these things are not banned?

In mY views there several Things that could be behind this ban of halal

1) It is sacrifice

2) It is intentionally Giving animal suffering in the name of god

3)Muslims were forcing each and everybody to consume halal meat

ekonkar89

SPNer
Nov 11, 2008
Just earlier I've read some interesting information posted by Singh Ji, why is it not visible to viewers anymore?.

Other than that, there were also other replies, which are not visible anymore?
- Why have these posts been deleted?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Re: The Sikh Religon And Eating Meat

Sikh religion and meating eating eh? hmm... :unsure:
*evil music - dun dun dun*

Meat is bad, vegetables are bad because we are killing living things! SO we must survive by eating AIR! :yes:
NOW THAT is the Sikh way of life.

NO WAIT... by eating air we kill stuff... NOOOOOO...

we must survive by eating nothing and holding our breath!!
NOW THAT is the SIKH way of life. :happy:

wait a second.... wait just a darn second here... by doing that we kill ourselves! NOOOO....
NOW THAT is the SIKH way of life! or should I say death...:(

*evil music - dun dun dun climax point*
no comments!! NO QUESTIONS!! :}--}:
NOW THAT is the REAL Sikh way of life! :cool: Case closed.

*evil music stops - dun dun dun*

Brought to you by the Sikh Way of Life deciders. Our motto: we make rules you FOLLOW THEM!!:yes:

Hahah!

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
In translation; "you dont need logic and reason when the 'paramatma' is on your side".

c h e e r s

Sinister ji, with all due respect to your rationality, you haven’t understood Mr. Singh Ji’s statement, a little hint I can give here to understand him, it is about Guru’s having extreme accuracy in archery, that kind of accuracy even today is also witnessed. Hitting on some parts of the body, death occurs instantly. If still you want to drag it, enjoy:)

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Sinister ji, with all due respect to your rationality, you haven’t understood Mr. Singh Ji’s statement, a little hint I can give here to understand him, it is about Guru’s having extreme accuracy in archery, that kind of accuracy even today is also witnessed. Hitting on some parts of the body, death occurs instantly. If still you want to drag it, enjoy:)
On what parts exactly? Maybe we can tell our muslim brothers to shove the knife in that part and kill the animal outright...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM