• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General US Presidential Race

Which Candidate do you Support?

• Barack Obama and Joe Biden...All the way

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • John McCain and Sarah Palin...All the way

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: U.S Presidential Race

I think it will not be a land slide at all.

Well, if the election is held today it will be a landslide victory for the democrats. McCain can make up ground in these 20 days. Lets see what happens.

judging from McCain's mannerism in the 3rd debate he looked broken and a little agitated/fiesty....i still think that Obama is going to win (it is not based on emotion but just looking at the electoral map it is difficult for McCain)...unless republicans do something massive...maybe McCain makes a stump speech while standing on his head.

but then again, like i have always said... the only certainty is uncertainty and polls can always be wrong.

Nice Post Namjap ji,

that man has a really good voice..
but lets just hope obama lives up to the hype if he is elected...he is going to be handed a massive clean-up task.

If obama is not elected his career will still be extremely successful....because of his inspirational charisma.

c h e e r s

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

From your previous comments,

but lets just hope obama lives up to the hype if he is elected...he is going to be handed a massive clean-up task.

Yep! You know the first debate came the day after the Wall Street crash in financial markets. And a few minutes before the debate began, I thought -- pray for the one who wins this race.

some obama inspiration:

YouTube - The American Promise

Collin Powell Endorses Obama! (things are falling apart for the republicans real quick...especially if you look at campaign finances and how Obama raised 150 million just last month!).

YouTube - Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

what a statesman! and they way he did it is a huge slap in the face to the republican party.

2 weeks to go

c h e e r s

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Sinisterji

Well the Obama/Biden campaign is now getting exciting and coming close to home. Literally a 10 minute walk away. Tomorrow (US) time Barack Obama will be speaking at a rally at my university, beginning at 1000 hours -5 GMt. We only learned about this event by broadcast email on Friday evening. Only today details have come out.

I live 4 streets away from the university. And the neighbors received letters (hand-delivered) sometime today about parking, security, traffic patterns, and the like. At 1900 hours we read the letter when we got home from work. After midnight, most of the normal parking lots (car parks) on the university campus will be closed. Neighbors were told that on certain streets -- No Parking whatsoever, tonight and then more streets closed off in the morning. Probably no one will be able to get through the main intersection just before reaching the campus, and huge traffic delays are predicted.

If any students staff or faculty want to attend they must meet at a designated location no later than 0730 with ID -- no bags, umbrellas, chairs; and they will be shuttled to the quad where the rally will occur. Some people got tickets to sit in the stands, but only a few.

Residents can start to line up at the entrance (and there is only one entrance open) which will open at 0800. Again no bags, etc. with standing room only, and everyone will walk through metal detectors.

All the university offices and classroom buildings will be locked down this evening and will not open until 1400 hours; and all classes are canceled until that time.

I would like to go -- but standing around for 2 or 3 hours before the program begins -- I don't know. Local churches are providing transportation for their congregations. So the lines will be long longer longest. Therefore, getting there early is probably a must. 50,000 people are expected. But if it rains? storms are predicted for the entire day -- Well, who knows how many will show up?

This is the first time in my life anything like this has ever happened. The excitement is huge. Joe Biden is a member of the faculty of the law school, and his children attended the university. So this is a very special moment.

Aww shucks.... i wish i lived in a swing state...i would have definately showed up at a rally (rain or snow)....all the attention on pennsylvania must be nice but also a little annoying.

this really is an incredible and historic race...the youth vote is highly energized, the minority voters will come out really strong! Just about everyone seems to be paying close attention....which is why the democrats are going to win :p

did you end up going to the rally?

Im still smelling a landslide

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister ji,

I did not go to the rally. Last week I was home and down with influenza for 6 days. So logic prevailed -- wind, cold, rain, standing in the wind and cold and rain for 2 hours and then for the hour-long event -- did not make sense. So I watched it by university web-cast. The rally was aired in the states on MSNBC too!

Praying for a win -- hope you are right about the landslide.

Hello everybody!

My electoral map predictions

Obama 352 Mccain 186

prediction of swing states;

Obama carries... Nevada, Colorodo, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, North Dakota, Missouri.

McCain carries Indiana, West Virginia, North Carolina

and just like that (hopefully) Barack H. Obama will become the 44th president of the United States
cross your fingers and GO OUT AND VOTE!

YouTube - Barack Obama: "We Have a Lot of Work to Do"

aad ji ... hope you are feeling better...get out that ballot!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister ji

Thanks. I hope you are right. Very nervous on our end. But so are the local republicans running for state level offices. Obama has coat-tails and McCain doesn't.

No sleep tonight.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Hello everybody!

My electoral map predictions

Obama 352 Mccain 186

prediction of swing states;

Obama carries... Nevada, Colorodo, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, North Dakota, Missouri.

McCain carries Indiana, West Virginia, North Carolina

and just like that (hopefully) Barack H. Obama will become the 44th president of the United States
cross your fingers and GO OUT AND VOTE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfjQujYrfEk

aad ji ... hope you are feeling better...get out that ballot!

NO COMMENTS !:wah:

The verdict is in! SPN members, by a landslide, support Obama (according to the poll above. :p)

He has overwhelmingly captured the hearts and minds of the majority of SPN members.
While honoring the 6 minority votes, that some SPN members caste for McCain, the 15 vote majority should in good spirit opt for reconciliation with these 'fringe elements' ;).

Obama: "The best leader to lead America according to the majority of SPN members" - democracy has spoken :D

c h e e r s

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
The verdict is in! SPN members, by a landslide, support Obama (according to the poll above. :p)

He has overwhelmingly captured the hearts and minds of the majority of SPN members.
While honoring the 6 minority votes, that some SPN members caste for McCain, the 15 vote majority should in good spirit opt for reconciliation with these 'fringe elements' ;).

Obama: "The best leader to lead America according to the majority of SPN members" - democracy has spoken :D

c h e e r s[/quote

Will you please elaborate about his establishments as a leader. I think it is just because of Disasters brought Bush on US, people inclined to a change message; how much " change" Democrats will bring is just a sheer dream. I enjoyed 15 minutes of voting pleasure. If Democrats got all three, executive and legislative bodies, it wouldnot be good for US.

Will you please elaborate about his establishments as a leader. I think it is just because of Disasters brought Bush on US, people inclined to a change message; how much " change" Democrats will bring is just a sheer dream. I enjoyed 15 minutes of voting pleasure. If Democrats got all three, executive and legislative bodies, it wouldnot be good for US.

YouTube - I'm a Little Confused

;) the choices are clear and not even in the same league

"leadership" arguments are put to rest when examining the candidates career closely.

c h e e r s

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg5tl87rEE4
;) the choices are clear and not even in the same league

"leadership" arguments are put to rest when examining the candidates career closely.

c h e e r s

Come on Sinister ji ! During his time in Senate, what kind of leadership did he display? How he voted? How many time? What are the issues he advocated and convinced people to follow him while in senate? He is just another democrat being poodled by Td Kennedy When asked" who you will consult first" His answer was" my wife and Ted Kennedy" You call him best leader? You might have read about Bill Clinton, you will see how he mergd as a leader. This man is already 48 or 49, his establishments you are showing doesnt make him best leader. It could be any democrat, people would vote for, no one is voting for him on th basis of "best leader qualifications". He is just another Sara Palin. Over rated, over praised, over lifted.. :}--}:

Come on Sinister ji ! During his time in Senate, what kind of leadership did he display? How he voted? How many time? What are the issues he advocated and convinced people to follow him while in senate? He is just another democrat being poodled by Td Kennedy When asked" who you will consult first" His answer was" my wife and Ted Kennedy" You call him best leader? You might have read about Bill Clinton, you will see how he mergd as a leader. This man is already 48 or 49, his establishments you are showing doesnt make him best leader. It could be any democrat, people would vote for, no one is voting for him on th basis of "best leader qualifications". He is just another Sara Palin. Over rated, over praised, over lifted.. :}--}:

I have to disagree a little bit with what you are saying. His leadership qualities are the reason he is going to win...he and his associates have constructed a phenonmenal and 'nothing short of a perfect' campaign organization...An excited, enthusiastic and rallied base (which he built)...the people he surrounds himself with...The unification of the party after a tough primary... the money he raises are all impressive leadership qualities that many voters will pay attention to.

the people he surrounds himself with are phenomenal and successfull (Paul Kruggman, Gore, both nobel laureatte winners, Powell, Kennedy, Clinton's, Warren Buffet, and many more)

His outreach is phenomenal...In less than 2 years more people have heard of Obama and his policies than those who have heard of Sikhism and its tenents...his story has captured international attention not just domestic (a direct result of an outreach program, to get his message out)

Colin Powell used the words "A man with intellectual Curiosity" to describe Obama, a correct and fair judgement...hes a quick study and thats what leadership is all about.

A leader is someone who takes consultation and is careful in his decisions. Some may say he can be hesitant, and careful...exactly what the US needs in this period of time...distance from irrational knee-jerk responses to problems; as we have experienced in the past 8 years.

are there better leaders in America?:
sure there are... but none of them are viable for the office.

which leaves us with obama...a constitutionalist (a professor of constitutional law for 12 years)

Granted Obama is a default choice for many, but the way and manner in which he became known as a default candidate is not entirely the result of sheer luck or appearance

there is no doubt in my mind that Obama>McCain
caste your ballot :}{}{}:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I have to disagree a little bit with what you are saying. His leadership qualities are the reason he is going to win...he and his associates have constructed a phenonmenal and 'nothing short of a perfect' campaign organization...An excited, enthusiastic and rallied base (which he built)...the people he surrounds himself with...The unification of the party after a tough primary... the money he raises are all impressive leadership qualities that many voters will pay attention to.

the people he surrounds himself with are phenomenal and successfull (Paul Kruggman, Gore, both nobel laureatte winners, Powell, Kennedy, Clinton's, Warren Buffet, and many more)

His outreach is phenomenal...In less than 2 years more people have heard of Obama and his policies than those who have heard of Sikhism and its tenents...his story has captured international attention not just domestic (a direct result of an outreach program, to get his message out)

Colin Powell used the words "A man with intellectual Curiosity" to describe Obama, a correct and fair judgement...hes a quick study and thats what leadership is all about.

A leader is someone who takes consultation and is careful in his decisions. Some may say he can be hesitant, and careful...exactly what the US needs in this period of time...distance from irrational knee-jerk responses to problems; as we have experienced in the past 8 years.

are there better leaders in America?:
sure there are... but none of them are viable for the office.

which leaves us with obama...a constitutionalist (a professor of constitutional law for 12 years)

Granted Obama is a default choice for many, but the way and manner in which he became known as a default candidate is not entirely the result of sheer luck or appearance

there is no doubt in my mind that Obama>McCain
caste your ballot :}{}{}:

CONGRATULATIONS SINISTER JI "OBAMA" is projected a winner by all net works. :wah:
8.14 PM Ca. Time.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Now he has to deal with the American Bubble.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM