• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General US Presidential Race

Which Candidate do you Support?

• Barack Obama and Joe Biden...All the way

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • John McCain and Sarah Palin...All the way

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: U.S Presidential Race

And they must also have the ability to see how what may look like an "ideal solution" in practice can spawn more trouble.

yeap, plenty of pitfalls in his political philosophy as well

for now I will watch and wait.

Aad ji
I and many others have been doing that our entire lives! ...watching and waiting.:8-:)

so this time ive actually decided to vote... with all my knee jerk capabilities...i cant possibly do any harm :shifty:

the indian democratic political system is alot better...the voters actually get bribes and alcohol which makes the selection process alot less mentally painful...silly americans only get promises:ice:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

the indian democratic political system is alot better...the voters actually get bribes and alcohol which makes the selection process alot less mentally painful...silly americans only get promises:ice:
( quote sinister ji)
The funniest sarcastic but very realistic comment I ever have read on a democratic system totally crippled by corruption.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

news:

Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant and is going to keep the baby and marry the father.

That's a good and bad news...Good for ultra conservative pro-life base and bad for women's pro choice lib

'Behold! Wasilla City Hall where Sarah Palin presided as mayor and held the door for the guy who came in twice a month to stock the Pepsi machine.'

319098225_e3fb99541f.jpg

Wasilla City Hall on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

the indian democratic political system is alot better...the voters actually get bribes and alcohol which makes the selection process alot less mentally painful...silly americans only get promises

From past 32 years the people of west bengal are voting for communists.No amount of bribes and alchol from opponent parties have worked.The state that should have been the most industralised
state of India is now a most backward state.Infact Tata has also realised its mistake by investing in Nano plant and is now planing to relocate its plant.

If you beleive American gets only promises then it means that Americans only want promises or their demands are too unrealistic :D:D

From past 32 years the people of west bengal are voting for communists.No amount of bribes and alchol from opponent parties have worked.The state that should have been the most industralised
state of India is now a most backward state.Infact Tata has also realised its mistake by investing in Nano plant and is now planing to relocate its plant.

filthy communists! they have some nerve! :}--}:
why cant they just be more gracious and receptive to their greedy capitilist overlords?

*cough cough* BHOPAL *cough cough* :shifty:

Deliberately immature is an understatement...more like deliberately insane;
only the insane would agree to spend hundreds of billions of tax dollars to race another country to the moon.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

only the insane would agree to spend hundreds of billions of tax dollars to race another country to the moon

You can say the same thing about India and Pakistan who spent and are still spending billions of rupees for some mountains of kashmir which are use less

Just read the following article of Vir sanghvi according to whom Kashmir should be given freedom as it is economicaly usless and is a burden on India
Think the Unthinkable- Hindustan Times

You can say the same thing about India and Pakistan who spent and are still spending billions of rupees for some mountains of kashmir which are use less

Just read the following article of Vir sanghvi according to whom Kashmir should be given freedom as it is economicaly usless and is a burden on India
Think the Unthinkable- Hindustan Times

I agree, tough situation in kashmir...the worlds hottest nuclear flashpoint AGAIN!...its expensive

Secceeding territory is POLITICAL SUICIDE! the sovereignty of a few mountains can easily change an entire political landscape once opposition parties start drumming the patriotic drum...and india is a democracy afterall.
A few mountains although trivial, can change everything from;
investor confidence, to a countries credit rating to governments credibility in enforcing its laws.

recent turmoil in pakistan and the loss of confidence in its 'border defining capabilities' has entirely crippled the country by destroying investor confidence...
Saudi oil facility seems necessary to avoid default

pakistani long term national bonds and treasury bills are being issued like crazy!

Scary times for india and pakistan....looks like the mullahs will be coming to town or a hardline islamic party...or another military dictator. People have no jobs, no entertainment, no nothing inflation numbers in 20%+...in vaccuum situations like this, people turn to 'jihad'.

I wonder what the US candidates have to say about this new crisis...will they bail them out of debt again at the expense of the american tax payer? will they support the nervous pakistani credit market?

cheers

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Secceeding territory is POLITICAL SUICIDE! the sovereignty of a few mountains can easily change an entire political landscape once opposition parties start drumming the patriotic drum...and india is a democracy afterall.
A few mountains although trivial, can change everything from;
investor confidence, to a countries credit rating to governments credibility in enforcing its laws.

I agree it could be a political suicide today .But it was not in 50s when India was writing its boundries
The fact is kashimir only exists for India in map.Kashmiri's don't beleive themselves as Indians and they will never accept themselves as Indians.Indian can't even go and live their
Their boundries are with pakistan to whom they share religion.And muslims will never accept kafirs over their co religion brothers.So as long as india is united indian economy will have to bear burden of kashmiri mountains which are economicially univiable for India and even for pakistan.

Pakistan founder jinnah wanted hyderabad instead of kashmir he even said I am not a fool who will
take some mountains instead of Nizam kingdom

I agree it could be a political suicide today .But it was not in 50s when India was writing its boundries
The fact is kashimir only exists for India in map.Kashmiri's don't beleive themselves as Indians and they will never accept themselves as Indians.Indian can't even go and live their
Their boundries are with pakistan to whom they share religion.And muslims will never accept kafirs over their co religion brothers.So as long as india is united indian economy will have to bear burden of kashmiri mountains which are economicially univiable for India and even for pakistan.

Pakistan founder jinnah wanted hyderabad instead of kashmir he even said I am not a fool who will
take some mountains instead of Nizam kingdom

kds ji

what i have always failed to understand is; why doesn’t India throw in pro-indian muslim bihari’s into Kashmir to create a vote bank and dilute the original population?

China did it in Tibet, The Israeli’s in Jerusalem/Golan heights, Russia in south Ossetia, heck even Canada increased immigration right before the Quebec referendum

Why is it so hard for India with 1 billion people to promote migration to Kashmir?
Give the drowning Bihari’s land grants in Kashmir…provide native Kashmiri’s the opportunities to leave their state by offering them land grants/career opportunities out of state.

India has failed to integrate Kashmir into its “realm”…this is a federal level failure and India needs to stop treating it like an isolated ‘state’ failure.
...i think, only then kashmiri's will feel indian and not foreign (there will be resentment at first...but eventually things will mull over)

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada

I am sick and tired of this campaign. How long, how many years has it been going on?

Frankly, McCain scares me. This is not easy to do! His pandering to the Christian right and love of the Iraq war are frightening to me. Although I am Canadian, I am a long time resident of the USA and follow their politics closely. And I see nothing heroic in getting gunned down while bombing civilians in an unjust war. Everyone seems to forget that McCain was bombing Hanoi, a city full of noncombatants when he was shot down and captured. In fairness, he does seem to have conducted himself well while a POW, but that doesn't change the fact that he was murdering innocent people.

Truthfully, I like Dennis Kucinich, but like our Ron Paul supporter, my choice is not a viable candidate.

Now, I shall make myself unpopular. American policy toward India is important only in the very short run. Sooner or later, probably sooner, India will disintegrate into the many pieces it was in before the British tried to tape it together. India is a geopolitical fiction that cannot last very much longer. Letting K & J secede would only speed up the process.

I lived in Alaska for several years and, believe me, running Wasilla, a delightful little podunk town filled with truly lovely eccentrics, would be a cakewalk for anyone who has ever handled a family of any size.

I support Barack and Joe. If I were a citizen I would vote for them.

I am battling a persistent case of pneumonia and my keeper is ordering back to bed. Sheeeeesh!

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

I am slipping away from Democrats. Ron Paul cannot be voted for, who else is the other? Libertarians?
Voting to any one other than Dem/Rep candidates, is also like wasting a vote that polyarchy has given to me to please myself for a few minutes !!!!
:rolleyes:

I am slipping away from Democrats. Ron Paul cannot be voted for, who else is the other? Libertarians?
Voting to any one other than Dem/Rep candidates, is also like wasting a vote that polyarchy has given to me to please myself for a few minutes !!!!:rolleyes:

the reason we dont have 3 party system is because too many people think like this.

there is no such thing as a 'wasted vote'...vote for bobb barr, if, you feel it is the right thing to do...I thought crowd mentality was not the sikh way...why should politics be an exception?

YouTube - Bob Barr Sued by McCain's GOP

sad that the big boys dont play fairly.

with every atypical vote, people can express disatisfaction and in the next election further catering will be provided to woo these ostracised people.

I lived in Alaska for several years and, believe me, running Wasilla, a delightful little podunk town filled with truly lovely eccentrics, would be a cakewalk for anyone who has ever handled a family of any size.

agreed she aint qualified at ALL (as an independent...that choice for VP baffled me and tipped me towards the democrats even more...just from simple fear that a staunch creationist, anti-abortionist, global warming denying person could be the next president) and with a 4 month old kid..shouldn't she be on maternity leave or somethin?

she aint no Hillary
shes a barbie VP...which is unfortunate and a sign of desperation from a major party that was losing its base supporters.

voting for McCain is like figuring out the easiest way to get kicked in the ***** (Sorry)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

with every atypical vote, people can express disatisfaction and in the next election further catering will be provided to woo these ostracised people.(quote sinister ji)

Do you think, they will mend their way by doing so? Dont you believe what Naomi says in this context?
I can agree with you thinking may be this kind of voting trend hit their tight masks of" of the people, for the people,by the people"
Barr is a living legend of hypocritical philosophy. Ron will be on the ballot in California, I think I should register my displeasure by voting for him. What do you say?

with every atypical vote, people can express disatisfaction and in the next election further catering will be provided to woo these ostracised people.(quote sinister ji)
Do you think, they will mend their way by doing so? Dont you believe what Naomi says in this context?
I can agree with you thinking may be this kind of voting trend hit their tight masks of" of the people, for the people,by the people"
Barr is a living legend of hypocritical philosophy. Ron will be on the ballot in California, I think I should register my displeasure by voting for him. What do you say?

Pk70,

this is an extremely complex election and I think it will challenge the american publics predominant way of thinking; the knee-jerk faith in conservatism (ie; small government).

conservatism is excellent when there is market stability...everyone is jolly...the problem in conservatism arises when everyone becomes jittery...everything comes crashing to the ground real quick…when the US is lacking market stability and investor confidence the government starts to expand its domain and control (this is when republicans and democrats become the same party).

i was just thinking to myself; does the 'trickle down theory of prosperity' work during a credit crunch?'

something republicans and laissez faire market theorists resist discussing at all costs. (I wonder why?) :eek:

most economists do not discuss how liquidity has been hammered...poor Americans cannot find money. Banks are not lending...so people are going to burn, entrepreneurs cannot find funding because creditors are not taking risks...ergo economic growth screeches to a halt.

who can step and increase liquidity quickly?…only one entity is that omnipotent and powerful…government (and that is exactly what the conservatives are doing because of an election year).

as you might have noticed, the lending markets in the US are a complete mess (the Fed just bailed out Bear Sterns, Fannie mae and Freddie Mac; naturally the shareholders were crucified)...initially a combined business valued at over a trillion dollars has been completely flushed down the tubes.
This is serious stuff and it has serious repercussions…it should be on the front page of newspapers and it should be the center of every politicians discussion…except all we get from the media is a discussion on whether or not Sarah Palin is a good mother! Or why Barack doesn’t wear a flag pin!)

Under this ‘republican’ administration we have, time and again, seen the government weigh-in to save these companies and bail out their debt obligations… by honoring their bond-holders. Simple question…where does this supposedly “small republican” government get this tremendous amount of money? (not only for trillion dollar bail-outs but also to wage trillion dollar wars?)

Answer: you!
1) Increase taxes
2) they print the money they need (debasing currency…aka…inflation tax)
3) cutback on federal programs and inject budget surplus back into credit markets

mark my words; when the candidates talk about ‘tax cuts’…they are lying!!!…this is no time for tax cuts. No party is interested in small government during these uncertain times.

McCain is purposing tax cuts in a time when government expenditure is through the roof. (he is a dishonest and stupid clown)

Obama is purposing tax increases on companies when they're taxes are already at record highs. (he is a hopeful clown)

:whisling:

so the next criteria I vote for is; who is more fiscally responsible?
Obviously both democrats and republicans are going to step in and save lenders…to prop up the fantasy that is American banking system, wealth through debt.

But only Obama is willing to end the second biggest expenditure for America…the Iraq war.

Even if he is purposing a 33% tax increase on my capital gains (and an increase on the dividence income I receive from my securities)…I don’t really mind…at least I know for certain what economic future that will bring…whereas McCain is a short fuse…not only when it comes to foreign policy but also when it comes to economics….no telling what he will do or whether he will follow through with the Utopian pre-Jurassic bush-tax cuts.

Centralized banking is here to stay and governments will continue to prop up lenders who mis-managed their funds and burnt their investors. There is Absolutely 0 accountability in American business practices…which is a shame!

Obama is a communist people say? HA! look in the mirror conservatives…look at what you have become!

There is no republican there is no democrat, all we can fight about are trivial things, flag pins and dimwitted-teens getting knocked up.

Obama 08

PS: vote for whoever you think is a better person...to be honest...policies dont matter anymore...policies are flexible and dictated to politicians through a higher order (the market)....litsen to the video i posted above by Noam Chomsky

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Voting for Republican's is like voting for the Tories in England. Basically a vote for the devil and evil!

Not giving a dam about your fellow men like these right wing parties epitomise are against Sikh ideals.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM