• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General US Presidential Race

Which Candidate do you Support?

• Barack Obama and Joe Biden...All the way

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • John McCain and Sarah Palin...All the way

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: U.S Presidential Race

Following the vice presidential debate last night, I have this comment. McCain and elderly man with cancer would be succeeded by Sara Palin. What do forum members think about this?

YouTube - So how many times did Sarah Palin wink?

WOW!...she just thinks shes the cutest thing ever doesn't she?...thats how shes gotten by in her life. This is the best America has to offer? 'Sarah the barracuda Palin'...one heartbeat away from the presidency! :inca:

The emergence of Palin as a VP candidate is astonishing for the sheer intensity of her ignorance and, worse, her pride in her ignorance, her smugness about it.

In the middle of the slow demise of the British Empire, George Orwell described the ruling class as being trapped in patriotic fantasies and delusions. "Clearly there was only one escape for them - into stupidity" he wrote. "Difficult though this was, they achieved it, largely by fixing their eyes on the past and refusing to notice the changes that were going on around them." As the debate wound up on Thursday night, Congress had not yet managed to pass the 'financial crisis bill'; instead america had to hear a woman exchange old comforting pieties about their country which, as she spoke, was falling apart around her.

she is not fit for this position by any stretch of the imagination

My opinion is not gender related it has nothing to do with age...but is based on OBSERVATION AND RATIONALITY!

aslo,
This enitre rhetoric of small town, salt of the earth, America needs to stop. People living in cities are people as well...They are not elitist-ungodly-eastern coast-media-hypnotized-idiots.

Aad ji, there is no way McCain is going to do anything in Michigan. The Detroit auto industry is in complete shambles...unemployment is above 9%...there is no way the incumbent party is going to win in Michigan...whatever McCain did was a sensible move.

He has to win Virginia, Florida and Ohio...just so he can be a contender in this campaign...political winds do change...i just pray that McCain is out of cards to play (he is going to go increasingly negative on Obama's image and we will be seeing reverend Wright and other virulent GOP smear techniques resurrected).

cheers

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

I want women to rule the world, enough is of men, provided they rule at their own and do not get influenced by men, there may be more peace in all spheres but one, controlling of spouses.:p

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Oh pk70ji!!!!

I don't think Sara Palin is "ruled by men" and it doesn't look as if it would make any difference if she were or if she were not. Mindsets are more worrisome. I don't want to see "mindsets" rule the world.

But they so often do.

well at least we can rule out the possibility that sarah palin will be ruled by witches...thats a plus

YouTube - Sarah Palin Gets Protection From Witches

:shock:

McCain will only be serving one term as president. McCain will discard Palin like an old rag if he wins this election. He will either ask for her resignation or just side step her in most important decision making; she has no political leverage over him...she is not a political powerhouse like Hillary Clinton or even Joe Biden...she's a puppet...a temporary political ploy...a mask for McCain.

what happens to the mask when the person wearing it dies?...will the people look to the mask for guidance?

c h e e r s

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

well at least we can rule out the possibility that sarah palin will be ruled by witches...thats a plus

McCain will only be serving one term as president. McCain will discard Palin like an old rag if he wins this election. He will either ask for her resignation or just side step her in most important decision making; she has no political leverage over him...she is not a political powerhouse like Hillary Clinton or even Joe Biden...she's a puppet...a temporary political ploy...a mask for McCain.

what happens to the mask when the person wearing it dies?...will the people look to the mask for guidance?

c h e e r s

Possibly one of the most brilliant strokes of political commentary on SPN or anywhere else in my years of following electoral punditry. Just my humble opinion of course.

Sinister ji,

But already it seems to be working out as you say. When Palin was preparing for the debate, McCain forces had already decided to pull out of Michigan (I have a fixation on this). She didn't even know about it. That is how much influence she has with the inner circle of McCain advisors. Palin is on the ticket as a symbolic offering to the hard core conservative base of the Repulblican party (perhaps only 17-23 percent in all). And she is there to attract those "undecided" voters who are charmed by emotionalism and cliches that so often are substitutes for thoughts.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4HIc-yfgM&feature=related
:shock:

c h e e r s

I agree absolutely with you, it is like a bait for very conservatives to fetch their votes.
The video you have posted, shows it all about her. By the way, I am still thinking" If Ron Poul were there..":)

The video clip scares me. wow!

more reasons to be afraid:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

someone like this should be removed from a support rally. Look at how he tries to cover up his act.

interesting human behaviour of embarrasment? or cowardice?

what is scary is the fact that the McCain and Palin are not standing up at these rally's and removing people that yell out racially charged slurs and sometimes even threats...are they letting it slide?

YouTube - McCain Volunteer Sends Out "Obama is an Arab" letters

question: what if Obama was an Arab? would that disqualify him for the presidency?

why did McCain just defend Obama and not Arabs? (maybe he didnt think of it on the spot?)

c h e e r sYouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Sinister ji

The hate messages are effectively making their way through the Internet. My husband received the picture with the monkey by email from an "associate" who found it on the web, and thought it was funny.. He is very disturbed about this-- polls show Obama ahead, but private behavior seems to indicate something else. At a few rallies late last week news sources reported that McCain and Palin asked the crowds for "respectful" behavior toward Obama and then they were booed.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

more reasons to be afraid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U54xJFEOzk&feature=related
someone like this should be removed from a support rally. Look at how he tries to cover up his act.

interesting human behaviour of embarrasment? or cowardice?

what is scary is the fact that the McCain and Palin are not standing up at these rally's and removing people that yell out racially charged slurs and sometimes even threats...are they letting it slide?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOU9xZ4zcss
question: what if Obama was an Arab? would that disqualify him for the presidency?

why did McCain just defend Obama and not Arabs? (maybe he didnt think of it on the spot?)

c h e e r s
If you go back to analyze Indian politics, from Pandit Nehru on wards, started portraying Sikhs as aggressive and dangerous community, and eventually the last horrible title “terrorists “ was given to them. Now in their own back yard, Bal Thakere’s Sena and Bajrang bali kind of organizations are ruining the secular harmony of the country. It is like what you sow, so you reap. They create the hell themselves.
Back to America, fear is being created in the public about Obama’s being black and Muslim, a lot of people are not buying it though. McCain has not the guts to say “Obama is American, so what if he is even Arab” If he says so, it will be political suicide. All the same, in Obama camps, any one who criticizes him is a racist that is also bad as well. When one is facing the storm; should face it bravely, why to be cry baby?

After having said that, I just cannot vote for democrats this time. I may go for a protest vote

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

pk70 ji

McCain's silence is interesting. Obama is not a Muslim and McCain knows it. Obama is a member of the United Church of Christ. His father and step-father were Muslims. I found some interesting information on the net about Obama's connections to religion.

This article: Family ties: Obama counts rabbi among relatives,Presidential candidate has links to 3 major religions

which can be found at this link Family ties: Obama counts rabbi among relatives | www.azstarnet.com ®

And this story Obama sets record straight on his religion,

Which can be found at this link Obama sets record straight on religion - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

And here is an extremely interesting paragraph from the above article.

Obama's middle name is Hussein. His father and stepfather were Muslim. And he spent part of his childhood in Indonesia, a largely Muslim country. But he attended secular and Catholic schools, not a radical madrassa.

Sadly it was the Clinton campaign that began the story that Obama is Muslim. And McCain is riding the undercurrent. Does all of this show how politicians will exploit fear and bigotry against any group, in this case Muslims, to make headway with the electorate?

Some of McCain's supporters are INSANE!

YouTube - Pastor at McCain Rally: God Must Ensure McCain Win

Let me translate this video for you guys (not that you guys need a translation...but it's funnier if i add shtick):

according to this pastor.... he can coerce/threaten a 'christian god' into doing an all out battle with the gods that Obama supporters pray to. AND, this christian god MUST perform this battle to defend his reputation, so that he doesn't look smaller infront of other worldly gods.:whisling:

Sadly, this man is having a clinical psychotic reaction to prolonged exposure to arrogance and stupidity. His diagnosis is simple, someone needs to snatch that heavy bible from his hands and bash him over the head with it real hard to get the gears moving again.

have these republicans lost their minds? where do they find these imbeciles? and who gives them the microphone?

take home message from this video: from this day forward there are gods named "hindu" and "Buddha" and if God doesn't miraculously make McCain win, He's going to have to answer to this man! LOL

c h e e r s

All the same, in Obama camps, any one who criticizes him is a racist that is also bad as well. When one is facing the storm; should face it bravely, why to be cry baby?

After having said that, I just cannot vote for democrats this time. I may go for a protest vote

the only cry babies I have seen are the losing republicans...every generic rhetorical speech they spew out is followed by a ritualistic chant that lays claim to the existence of some fictious liberal media elite bias.... which is a silly cry baby tactic for attention or a not-so-crafty technique to explain the abysmal mess of their political party.

Also,
I don't think it's beneficial for Obama to play the race card on personal critiques directed toward him...because then he will become the Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton type politician.

He does deploy the race defense sometimes, but in a very vague manor, almost unnoticeable and to a large part acceptable.

I've seen him brush off false and outrageous character assasinations with this technique but never on substance issues where he has a strong and steady opinion/conviction.

kilemba

SPNer
Mar 17, 2008

Its difficult not to play the race card, since the republicans and the media point this out at every given opportunity.

Its difficult not to play the race card, since the republicans and the media point this out at every given opportunity.

yeap...the media brought 'race' into this election cycle and its beneficial for republicans to do so as well...which is why we have most of them foaming at the mouth and pleading with McCain to bring out talking points about why Obama had Jeremiah Wright as his pastor.

at this point who really cares...if you look at the funds and take a peak at the electoral map you will come to the realization that the republicans are toast....they cannot win so they will now try hard to prevent a landslide.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

pk70 ji

McCain's silence is interesting. Obama is not a Muslim and McCain knows it. Obama is a member of the United Church of Christ. His father and step-father were Muslims. I found some interesting information on the net about Obama's connections to religion.ir behalf.

Aad Ji,
I agree on many points; all politicians do such things in desperation to win election, voters should take it as trivial matter, Obama is a product of Obama tide, nothing is there to his credit as a leader though. McCain stood by Bush where he should have been a neutral, that is scary too. Before I was fearful of Bush years, now I am worried if Democrats take all branches of the Govt, it won’t be in favor of our country, I am strong supporter of not giving too much power in the hands of one party.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

“ it may not go in favor of the countryccording to this pastor.... he can coerce/threaten a 'christian god' into doing an all out battle with the gods that Obama supporters pray to. AND, this christian god MUST perform this battle to defend his reputation, so that he doesn't look smaller infront of other worldly gods.( quote Sinister ji)

No wonder Sinister ji, they always take refuge in religion and sound very funny; however, the way they live has nothing to do with the Religion or the God. Witches under control and God in the pocket is the progression they have !!!!!!

“at this point who really cares...if you look at the funds and take a peak at the electoral map you will come to the realization that the republicans are toast....they cannot win so they will now try hard to prevent a landslide.”( Quote Sinister Ji)

I think it will not be a land slide at all.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM