• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Hi there,

My name is John Warner - I am a Quaker and have several Sikh friends and want to learn a little more about Sikhism.
I teach English in Germany and sadly there is no Gurdwara in my hometown.
I travel to the UK regularly so I hope to visit a Gurdwara there on my next trip.

A teacher??? in germany??? Welcome brother, have you read much Hesse?

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My name is John Warner - I am a Quaker and have several Sikh friends and want to learn a little more about Sikhism.
I teach English in Germany and sadly there is no Gurdwara in my hometown.
I travel to the UK regularly so I hope to visit a Gurdwara there on my next trip.

A hearty welcome mundahug

I adore Quakers! lol

John Woolman, that God-intoxicated, selfless Quaker mystic and opponent of slavery is one of my all time heroes.

The Quaker insistence on finding the "Inner Light of God", and of quietness and stillness, deeply appeals to my sensibilities.

I look forward to engaging with you on SPN - I am happy that a shared love of Sikhism has brought us into each other's paths - O how God works in mysterious ways indeed! cheerleader

johncrwarner

SPNer
Mar 12, 2012
Bielefeld
Hi there,

I read Herman Hesse (in English) when I was at University but have not read any recently - though two years ago I visited Montagnola in Southern Switzerland as I was staying at Lugano and went to the Herman Hesse museum there.

In friendship,
John

johncrwarner

SPNer
Mar 12, 2012
Bielefeld
A hearty welcome mundahug

I adore Quakers! lol

John Woolman, that God-intoxicated, selfless Quaker mystic and opponent of slavery is one of my all time heroes.

The Quaker insistence on finding the "Inner Light of God", and of quietness and stillness, deeply appeals to my sensibilities.

I look forward to engaging with you on SPN - I am happy that a shared love of Sikhism has brought us into each other's paths - O how God works in mysterious ways indeed! cheerleader

Dear Vouthon,

John Woolman's writings and life are an inspiration and he comes across as a genuinely nice man.

The "Inner Light of God" and the discipline of waiting are indeed great spiritual gifts - born in a period of war in England it because one of the peace churches trying to find a way to listen to the Inner Voice.

In friendship,

John

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Hi there,

I read Herman Hesse (in English) when I was at University but have not read any recently - though two years ago I visited Montagnola in Southern Switzerland as I was staying at Lugano and went to the Herman Hesse museum there.

In friendship,
John

I have heard the original german is beautiful to read, hearing about a German reading the english version is like an Indian eating chicken tikka masala!

lol

Mar 26, 2012
West Virginia
Greetings, I am new here. I live in the Appalachian foothills of Southeastern Ohio, and have lived in Appalachia my entire life - Southeast Ohio, West Virginia, and Virginia. I am a retired Police Officer with a total of 36 years service at the Local, State, and Federal level, and I currently work in a civilian capacity for a Federal agency. I have been curious about the Sikh lifestyle, beliefs, and values system for years, and a friend suggested this website to me. I am divorced, have two grown daughters and three (soon to be four) grandchildren. I am part American Indian, my user name here is a Spirit Name given to me by a Native Elder after participating in a Sweat Lodge ceremony. I was adopted and raised Christian, but have also held fast to many of the Native beliefs through the years.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Greetings, I am new here. I live in the Appalachian foothills of Southeastern Ohio, and have lived in Appalachia my entire life - Southeast Ohio, West Virginia, and Virginia. I am a retired Police Officer with a total of 36 years service at the Local, State, and Federal level, and I currently work in a civilian capacity for a Federal agency. I have been curious about the Sikh lifestyle, beliefs, and values system for years, and a friend suggested this website to me. I am divorced, have two grown daughters and three (soon to be four) grandchildren. I am part American Indian, my user name here is a Spirit Name given to me by a Native Elder after participating in a Sweat Lodge ceremony. I was adopted and raised Christian, but have also held fast to many of the Native beliefs through the years.

You sound like a very interesting and intelligent person. I'm sure there is much we can learn from you. I hope there is also much you can learn from us.

A big welcome to you!

welcomekaurwelcomemundawelcomekaurwelcomemunda

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2012
I found this page through a search engine and it was a God-Send for me as I am always wanting to find out more about Sikhi. Living in a Christian country I want to know how Sikhi and Christianity differ and ultimately why many Christians join our religion. I am always being asked by my Christian friends questions such as why people convert to Sikhism and leave the word of Christ? Can anyone please help me answer such questions. Thank you.:happysingh:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Singh Singh saab ji welcome.
I found this page through a search engine and it was a God-Send for me as I am always wanting to find out more about Sikhi. Living in a Christian country I want to know how Sikhi and Christianity differ and ultimately why many Christians join our religion. I am always being asked by my Christian friends questions such as why people convert to Sikhism and leave the word of Christ? Can anyone please help me answer such questions. Thank you.:happysingh:
There are wonderful posts by a Catholic Christian (Vouthon) here at spn. He has identified a large number of spiritual and belief similarities in his posts. May be that is what allows people in Christianity and Sikhism to interact.

The following is a search for author that I created for you but you will have to look for his posts and hope it helps,

Code:
[/URL][URL]http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/search.php?searchuser=Vouthon&exactname=1&starteronly=0&forumchoice[/URL][]=0&childforums=1&titleonly=0&showposts=0&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&replyless=0&replylimit=0&searchthreadid=0&saveprefs=1&quicksearch=0&searchtype=1&nocache=0&ajax=0&userid=0
Sat Sri Akal

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
You are most welcome to the Forum and I am sure you will be able to know about Sikhi what you can try to grasp .
Prakash.s.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: