• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
navneeet kaur ji,

welcomemundawelcomemundawelcomekaurwelcomekaurcheerleader

We are nice people here and I'm sure you can learn a lot and enjoy yourself in our company. Look around. Ask questions. Answer questions.

We are not experts here (although, ahem, some of us think we are) and all of us are learning and growing and enjoying doing it.

Last edited:

CharanSingh

SPNer
Jan 24, 2012
Sat Sri Akal and hello everyone!

I've just started my search for Truth and desire to understand the true meaning of Gurbani. A lot of your articles are very interesting and inspiring so I'm hoping this forum will help me find the the truth that we are (supposedly) looking for

regards

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sat Sri Akal and hello everyone!

I've just started my search for Truth and desire to understand the true meaning of Gurbani. A lot of your articles are very interesting and inspiring so I'm hoping this forum will help me find the the truth that we are (supposedly) looking for

regards
Veer charanSingh ji welcome.

There is nothing to look for. It is to slowly understand and live till the realization follows naturally. No short cuts from what I understand. But don't be disheartened. Even fully and truly understanding and living the first line in SGGS (Mool Mantar as commonly flagged) puts Sikhs light years ahead of many others.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
My name is Pahul Singh Gill. I am year 7 student and joined this forum to know about Sikhism. My dad encouraged me to join this forum and he wants to see my frequent visits here as he believes this forum is a Sikhism treasure of knowledge. I hope will know about Sikhism in this forum. My sat shiri akaal to everybody

Welcome Pahul Singh ji to become the youngest member of the Form.
Your Dad deserves congratulations for such encouragement.I wish you are example and new hope for the coming generation in Sikhi.
Prakash.S.Bagga

issondhi

SPNer
Jun 30, 2010
Welcome Pahul Singh ji & congrats to your DAD for introducing you to SPN.Your name indicates that you belong to a family of gursikhs.Guru Gobind Singhji reformed ordinary mortals into-"Lions & Princess ie; SINGHS & KAURS" I hope you will like to be addressed as Sardar Pahul Singh or Mr Singh rather than Gill.Welcome once again.

nvteddy

SPNer
Feb 17, 2012
I am new to trying to understand this religion I was wondering if anyone could advise me on good book that would tell me alot of the basics and history of the religion

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I am new to trying to understand this religion I was wondering if anyone could advise me on good book that would tell me alot of the basics and history of the religion
nvteddy ji welcome to spn.

The following is a comparative study between Sikhism and Hinduism and illustratively by comparison defines uniquenes and qualities of Sikhism. It is quite scholarly and not light reading per se but is very definitive.

http://www.sikhmissionarysociety.org/sms/smspublications/SikhReligionAndHinduism.pdf

Take care.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: