• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Our Souls Separated From God?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I guess you misunderstood or I am not getting your point. I do not know nothing about vaishnav thinking, neither do I care if it is present on any website.
I simply wondered while focussing on naam last time that all is one, one here stands for god and one is all. I cleared that I can not explain it fully but I would try now.
What I came to realize was everything that exists is same in a way, a single focus of energy. And I had a feeling that either I focus on just naam "Waheguru" or everything present around me ,it is kinda similar and enjoy the melody of it. :)
And thank you so very much for shabad.

The misunderstanding is entirely mine and you've cleared it up for me now, thank you! Lovely post :love:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Can you share some Gurbani that illustrates the idea of the God wishing to share discoveries with another, or indeed, some Gurbani that supports the idea that there is anything other than God, please?

I never said theres nothing other than God. I said that God discovered Himself to be Truth- its what He always was and always will be. Likewise us

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I never said theres nothing other than God. I said that God discovered Himself to be Truth- its what He always was and always will be. Likewise us

nope that does not hold, if you discover something about yourself, you are not the same as you were before the discovery, your not making sense, sorry

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I'm really unsure what to make of this. I totally appreciate your devotion. But personally I think logic and truth go hand in hand.. I don't believe in the idea that the divine is beyond comprehension and that somehow the application of logic is at odds with understanding, finding the divine.. In fact I believe in quite the opposite. Personally I believe that sikhi does something that no other philosophical tradition does.. It provides a clear framework to understand the divine in a logical way.. It focuses on 'sat', that which is true.. Throughout gurbani intellectual, philosophical arguments are addressed in a 'scientific' manner ..

I understand you. What I'm trying to say, is that when u apply the teachings, you discover what the Gurus speak about in Gurbani first hand. You feel it and experience it. That is beyond logic. You cannot explain nor describe the feeling. Unconditional Love is the key, its what Truth is; No Fear, No Enmity.

Yes people may think it sounds wishy washy and too flowery, but it is what it is.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
^that makes no sense in this context, you're speaking from your worldly logic.

in that case why bother having a philosophy forum if your going to be speaking in some sort of smurf logic, so everything you say is true and good provided we do not use wordly logic? oh well in that case, I completely accept that God went through many many changes and introspection, went through puberty, went to university, listened to Pink Floyd, and finally became the God we all know and love, ok ,no problem, could you preface all your posts with the phrase ' in smurf logic' so it does not get confused with that damn wordly logic where things have to add up and make sense.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006

You literally did say it: Here's a quote from your post #67: "He set the khel going, out of a wish to share His discoveries with another." It is this assertion that I'm looking for support from Gurbani.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
You literally did say it: Here's a quote from your post #67: "He set the khel going, out of a wish to share His discoveries with another." It is this assertion that I'm looking for support from Gurbani.

Truth is Nothing. Its a pure unconditional love. Its our true state and is a frequency so high that mortals cant comprehend it.

God realised who he really is. he discovered himself to be the Truth. He wished to share this with us, so we can realise our true nature.

The discoveries are endless, but the Truth is One. It's totally illogical, beyond logic and beyond language. The discoveries Are truth, part of this perfection that is Truth- nothing is beyond the Truth and nothing is without it.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Truth is Nothing. Its a pure unconditional love. Its our true state and is a frequency so high that mortals cant comprehend it.

God realised who he really is. he discovered himself to be the Truth. He wished to share this with us, so we can realise our true nature.

The discoveries are endless, but the Truth is One. It's totally illogical, beyond logic and beyond language. The discoveries Are truth, part of this perfection that is Truth- nothing is beyond the Truth and nothing is without it.

So, your opinion has no reference to Gurbani, then?

Jun 30, 2018
I think correct reply if I understand you question correctly.. friends Read at least first 9 pages of Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji.. it will clear your many questions.. Must read shlok fully in picture (page 8 SGGS)

Attachments

• D5FE11D6-C9AF-4ADD-A8E0-F772C496A2E7.jpeg
    D5FE11D6-C9AF-4ADD-A8E0-F772C496A2E7.jpeg
    779.6 KB · Reads: 380

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
but you can right? you understand it completely and have come here to educate us?

God realised who he really is.
yeah, we've done this a few times, but you can't seem bothered to reply, perhaps you could extend your boundaries to justifying your ridiculous posts?

do you communicate like this all the time? your not really answering questions, are you making it up as you go along?

have you been taking lessons from Brian?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
So, your opinion has no reference to Gurbani, then?
no of course not, our friend here worships a living Guru as she has posted references to his website many many many times, I think its one of those where you get a free BBQ cutlery set with every conversion

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Oh Man... is that set really worth so much that a person is being driven by it?

well they dish them out by the item, once you get most of the set, you do get quite driven to complete it, they leave the big fork to last you see

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
no of course not, our friend here worships a living Guru as she has posted references to his website many many many times, I think its one of those where you get a free BBQ cutlery set with every conversion

I never said i worshipped the guy on that site my friend. I said that alot of the writings on there were good. The ones that were in line with Gurbani.

You seem to love drama and complication so sorry to burst that little bubble for you.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I never said i worshipped the guy on that site my friend. I said that alot of the writings on there were good. The ones that were in line with Gurbani.

You seem to love drama and complication so sorry to burst that little bubble for you.

fair point, my bubble is burst,

to change the subject completely, that's twice now, if you can understand that, I will be impressed

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Instead of asking for references, why not Read and understand Gurbani yourself? That's the best way to learn

But I do study Gurbani, and I haven't seen support there for the ideas you posted earlier. That's why I'm asking you to show me. Maybe I missed something, maybe it's your own conjecture. Which is fine, we all come to our own conclusions reading Gurbani. But I'd like to see where you get to that point from Gurbani.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM