• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Status
Not open for further replies.

jag1t

SPNer
Jul 7, 2006
Re: Why do I believe in Jesus? An ex-sikhs journey in faith...

Dear fellow travellers,

Do not debate be realised of... The Truth.

jag1t

H.t.

SPNer
Oct 8, 2006

Jesus's philosophy wasn't great enough, that is why Guru Nanak came to preach the truth and remove the wrong things in place.

Everyone is responsible for themselves. No one saves anyone.
Only Akaal saves and wases sins. Jesus dying for sins is the main concept which is responsible for corruption in the world. People think that they can do whatever and then just ask Jesus for forgiveness. This concept has also crept into some Sikhs in the form of Akhand Paaths. They believe that do Akhand Paath and all sins are gone. However, it doesn't work like that. Self improvement is what makes God happy and washes sins.
Paul teaches in Romans 6 that we are not to take the freedom from sin in Jeshuah and use it to commit sins. Children don't like to listen.
seeking after God
H.t.​

H.t.

SPNer
Oct 8, 2006

As for Jesus dying for sins of Guru Nanak, Guru Nanak was Guru and Guru never makes a mistake, forget about sin. Therefore, you trying to prove Jesus as being above Guru Nanak is out the window. Bible isn't authentic and is changed every so often while GuruBani is the same as it was before.

No one is above Akaal.

Jesus wasn't in the same state of mind when he was about to behanged while Guru Gobind Singh Ji was unchanged by the martyrdoms of the Sahibzadas.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji said "Tera Keeya Meetha Lagai" meaning whatever God does is sweet and didn't ask God to save him or whatever.

Why did Jesus forget to write the bible?
You speak propaganda against my God. Explain, please in what way has the Word of El Shadai changed ever.
Your Bani has only had 600 years to be corrupted. Talk to me in 1400 years when your religeon is 2000 years old.
seeking after God.
H.t.​

H.t.

SPNer
Oct 8, 2006

Waheguruji ka khalsa , waheguru ji ki fateh.

Excuse me plz but dont u think that this guy "RAJS" is trying to just make his point?

ok let me ask u RAJS whats the proof that whatever is written in bible abt jesus is true ? I mean , c'mon grow up man , thats a christian holy book , thats what they r supposed to write ? do u guys have any proof of whatever is written in holy bible ?
Its not good to compare as u know Sikhi is a totally different thing which u wont understand but our guru's never praised there own existance , which i think bible does....

& in the beggining , u say Guru Nank Sahib DIED, Mohammad DIED , what happend to Jesus ? Dint he ? i think he did ... & if u r so sure that he ressurected , WHY doesnt any other religion confirm this ? If he really was here for mankind ????

My point is before u point fingers on others look under ur closet , Sikhism teaches us Humanity as our religion & we dont differnciate anyone as per religion , i was myself told to leave a church in goa coz it was thr prayer time & i was not allowed to attend that ... ?? Does that really what Jesus wanted ? Did he die for Humanity or he was Killed by HUMANS for some of his beleives , i think he cud have shown a bigger miracle by going invisble when he was being crucified ?

Fateh.
You come from a stand point where the Bible is trash. I stands to reason, then, that you would not respect it as historical fact. In what was does the Bible disagree with secular histiories?
The main thing i know it would disagree with is the ressurrection. If Jesus rose from the dead then He is God. Any one who knew of (and did not reject) His resurrection would belive and not be secular history.
The Church Fathers quoted most of the New Testament, placing it before them (chronologically). This means the New Testament was written in the same generation as all these things happened. This left them open to rebuke of eye witnesses if they were not accurate.
As for your "bigger miracle" which shows more power: bending photons around you or returning your own soul to your body?
I don't know what self-righteous fools threw you out of church? They will answer to God on judgment day. Please accept my apologies on behalf of these Godless ones. Unbelievers are the whole reason for the Church. Please forgive their evil.
seeking after God
H.t.​

jag1t

SPNer
Jul 7, 2006

Any takers for... Lord Jesus Christ and Guru Nanak Dev ji are One?

Jul 10, 2006

Any takers for... Lord Jesus Christ and Guru Nanak Dev ji are One?

Dear jag1t,

I sense the "essence" (as you seem to like this word) :) of trouble in your statement.:D

Christians like the Muslims believe in proselytizing - aggressive and non aggressive.
Proselytize (dictionary):
To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.
Hence the original post and the likes of H.T.

Christians believe in Jesus as son of God. Sikhi regards all as the children of God.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Guru Sikhi :wah:Dhan Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji

A couple of recent links in relation to Guru Nanak Dev ji.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/15065-nirankari-saroop-guru-nanak-nirankari.html

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-gurus/15068-what-who-is-a-guru.html

tatkhalsa

SPNer
Oct 31, 2006

You speak propaganda against my God. Explain, please in what way has the Word of El Shadai changed ever.
Your Bani has only had 600 years to be corrupted. Talk to me in 1400 years when your religeon is 2000 years old.
seeking after God.

H.t.​

Im sorry but this just shows how uneducated you are, please tell me what your source is for this stupid belief of how one religion is superior to another...

out of interest I'd like to know your background. i.e. on how you feel you are so educated on sikhism and christianity?... read my previous post on this thread and you'll know a little more about me and what i believe!

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California

Of cource Jesus knew how to write. If you read in the Gospels, he surpassed the rabbi teachers in wisdom during discussions, when he was a young boy. He even wrote something in the sand. The Jews were known throughout history for being literate and highly educated.

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007

It is not a matter of superiority. To me, two things hit home. As a high school student, I spent a year at a missionary boarding school, and as I was a lone heathen I had to attend BOTH church services on Sunday. And after about 10 months of that, I was fed up with the righteousness and relative close mindedness of the church services of many denominations. People were very nice, very moral, very "good" but had no doubt there path was the ONLY one, and too bad for all those who did not.

When in graduate school, I took a course on religion by a Minister in the Episcopal church. I asked his this question: Why is that when Jesus says, believe in me, seek salvation through me, that this can not be interpreted as believe in my humanity, believe in and act upon the divinity of each human being's humanity and if you do so, you are saved? His answer was that this question had been answered by the vatican over 1500 years ago and that this intepretation is not allowed, but rather that one has to accept Jesus as his personal saviour, the son of God.

Well, let me be honest. It seems that there is no reasoning with the older "faiths". They have in built mechanisms built through millenia of time which preclude or disallow certain rational questions and insulate themselves from true rational discourse. Unlike Sikhism, most other faiths always come back to "faith" and harp on it, setting aside or conveniently ignoring the many obvious issues or rituals or beliefs which often have at their core the belief their own way is the best or only way to God, to salvation, to enlightenment. More people in the world need to wake up to acceptance and live and let live.

jag1t

SPNer
Jul 7, 2006

Dear Kaur-1,

Good to have someone like you around. Maybe trouble, but that is ok too. But that is likely only when folks can make out how to handle the idea: Jesus and Nanak One???!!!

Yes H.t. and his likes are most welcome and some maybe from the other side of the fence too.

But this quibbling over education levels and the like of people like Jesus and Nanak - lol.

jag1t

Feb 14, 2006

Well it's more in line with Hindu philosophy, the idea of incarnations of God running around then Sikhi. Sikhi is no more like Hinduism then it is like Christianity. Guru Nanak Devji is no more an incarnation of Krishna then he is one with Jesus.

Why do people have such a hard time accepting the world is filled with marvelous diversity, and having tolerance for the rights and beliefs of others without forcing some kind of mental submission? Missionary activities are an act of warfare. It is the epitome of intolerance for anyone different.

Angels don't rejoice when someone renounces their former religion to adopt new narrow viewpoints and become some kind of religious missionary. The world is sad that someone unique got smashed by a fundamentalist cookie cutter that trashed what he formerly valued and made him ashamed of what he was. I'd rather die and go to hell than be slave to that kind of religion. Our Guru's faced torture and death to defend the rights of people to keep their own beliefs.

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India

Why do I believe in Jesus? (An ex-Sikh’s Journey in Faith)

What makes Christianity different from all other religions in the world? Why is Jesus different from the likes of, Mohammed, Buddha, Guru Nanak, Krishna and Rama? Let me begin by emphasizing that I am not going to get into the details and specifics of various religions in the world today, but primarily concentrate on the basis of a faith. In monotheist religions, such as, Islam and Sikhism the basis of faith is one central figure, who had a direct intear with God and becomes a channel to deliver God’s message; Mohammed for Muslims, Guru Nanak for Sikhs. In other religions, such as Hinduism and Buddhism, god(s) comes in all forms, shapes, and sizes.

Now, let’s take a look at various chosen individuals from other religions and see what sets Jesus apart from all of them.

Buddha:
Gautam Buddha (500 BC), the founder of Buddhism, gave up materialistic world at the age of thirty to become a monk. He left his kingdom, young wife and a child to pursue a spiritual journey. During his search, he went from one extreme of fasting and forsaking all form of pleasures to taking food in moderation, and then finally, one day under a tree he received spiritual enlightenment. Later, his wife and son also became monks and at the age of eighty HE DIED of an illness, after eating some unclean food!

Mohammed:
Mohammed, referred to as, the Prophet in Islam, was born in 570 AD. He grew up a charitable person, given to much praying and fasting. As a young man he was hired by a widow, who later married him and bore him six children, of which, all died save for a daughter. At the age of forty, Mohammed, had a visit from an angel (Gabriel) and received a divine message from God to tell others that, “there is no other god but Allah.” Mohammed initially encountered great opposition from people but later found acceptance all over the Arab world. He went on to lead many expeditions and wars in Mecca and Medina region, in order to, remove idolatry and advance Islam. In 632 AD, few days after returning from pilgrim in Mecca, HE DIED of an illness.

Nanak:
Guru Nanak, the founding figure of Sikhism, was born in 1469, a gentle and kind hearted family man with a wife and children. One day, as he dips into a river for a regular bath, has a divine encounter and emerges with knowledge and message of universal brotherhood. While living in India at a time, when Hindus and Muslims are in constant conflict, Nanak begins to teach about the existence of one God alone as the creator of all life, and the brotherhood of all humans i.e., there is no difference in Hindus and Muslims. Nanak, apparently spent rest of his life traveling through out Northern India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Persia proclaiming this message. HE DIED at the age of seventy. However, nine further “Gurus” (spiritual authorities) were anointed to lead this religious movement. The last Guru, Gobind Singh, before DYING, put an end to this transfer of divine ruler-ship by proclaiming their scriptures “Granth Sahib” to be the supreme authority for all believers. It is ironic, that the original message given by Nanak “there is no Hindu nor Muslim but all are equal,” ended up forming a new identity, to be called a Sikh (disciple) or, to be known as Khalsa (pure) if baptized.

Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva:
In Hinduism - Brahma the “creator,” Vishnu the “protector,” and Shiva the “destroyer” - form a trinity. Only Vishnu is capable of taking Avtaar (to be born in human flesh) to rid the earth of evil. However, they are not mutually one, but have separate existence and different functions. Humans can realize the presence of God in “self” through a cycle of re-births, which is dependent on Karma (good works.)

Krishna:
Krishna, one of the Hindu gods, is one of the many reincarnations of god (Vishnu) in human form. As an incarnated god, Krishna, from his childhood to teen years, is a mischievous but cute “child-thief” who leads other kids in breaking into homes to steal butter! As a young man, he is a “heart-throb,” who spends his time frolicking with the young women of the village and is renown for his beauty and, charming women with his flute playing abilities. Ultimately, Krishna kills the evil king of that time and restores the rightful person to his throne. For a Hindu, Krishna leaves numerous traditional stories about his endeavors as a irresistible lover, and a non-partisan chariot driver in a great family feud between Pandavas and Kauravas. Then one day, apparently wounded by a hunter’s arrow, HE DIED.

Ram:
Ram, once again is another incarnated god (Vishnu) who appeared on earth to remove evil and establish good. Whilst on a fourteen-year exile away from his domicile, Ram, destroys an evil empire ruled by a demonic king and his demonic brothers, who had kidnapped Sita, Ram’s wife. However, later on, after completing his exile and returning to his kingdom, Ram, casts out his wife because of rumors regarding her “purity” during the time of her ordeal as a kidnapped victim, even though, she had proven her purity by walking through a fire! Ram, ruled as a great and wise king, creating a “Ram-Rajya” meaning peaceful and a perfect kingdom. Finally one day, HE DIED.

Jesus:
Jesus, as “the” Son of God, is God. The Bible tells us, “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and exact representation of his being.” (Hebrews 1:3) We, humans, are fallen beings born with a sinful nature, and can never ever attain holiness through effort and good works because by nature our tendency is to sin. For God to accept us, our sinfulness had to be addressed, and since we are incapable of forsaking our sinful nature, Jesus, the Son of God, came to redeem us and sacrificed his life on our behalf. “…The punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5) God accepted Jesus’ sacrifice because he was sinless. Therefore, once we accept Jesus, as our personal Savior, we inherit his righteousness because he shed his blood for the remission of our sins. The Bible says about Jesus, “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation…For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things…by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.” (Colossians 1:15-19)

I have only provided briefest of introduction to the “originators” of various faiths. I have decided to concentrate on the founders because that gives the clearest indication, as to why Jesus is different! The character and divine attributes that were evident in Jesus, as he manifested himself to his followers during his life on earth are as follows:

1. Existed before the world was created:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. (John 1:1)

Jesus was NOT created after God created the world but, in fact, through him all things were made. He was not created from dust like Adam and Eve. He is the image of the invisible God, the first born over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things and in him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:15)

Mohammed or Nanak or Buddha, did not have pre-existence but were born as any other child, according to their parents’ will. Jesus, however, forsaking his spiritual existence, and to do God’s will, took up a body of flesh and blood, to save us from our sinful nature. He was born not because of parents’ will, but was born of the Holy Spirit. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. (John 1:14)

During his ministry, Jews of Jesus’ time often questioned and asked him, as to who was he? “I tell you the Truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I AM!” Therefore, Jesus substantiated his pre-existence.

2. His coming into the world was foretold:
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)

None of the messengers or prophets of other religions had their birth predestined and foretold like Jesus.

Prophet Isaiah, filled with the Holy Spirit, not only prophesied Jesus’ birth hundreds of years ago before it took place, but also proclaimed him to be God. …But in the future He will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea …For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:1)

Prophet Micah, prophesied the exact location of Jesus’ birth, and also confirmed his eternal existence. But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from days of eternity. (Micah 5:2)

3. The Son of God
The aged, righteous and devout Simeon at the Temple, on seeing Jesus as an eight-day old baby, praised God, saying: “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.” (Luke 2:29)

From his early childhood, Jesus knew who he was. When at the age of twelve, during a visit to Jerusalem, he got separated from his parents who later questioned him regarding his behavior - “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my father’s house?” (Luke 2:49)

God, himself, called out from heaven to declare Jesus as His Son. As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened and the Spirit of God descended like a dove and lighted on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16)

Jesus told his disciples, “All things have been committed to me by my father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” (Luke 10:22)

4. He knew his mission:
Unlike Mohammed, Nanak, and Buddha, Jesus did not receive a “calling” from God out of the blue; he did not (overnight) receive a revelation to be a messenger of God. He did not need to seek out God in order to learn the meaning of life. To the contrary, he declared, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 3:16)

Jesus came to show the compassion and love that God has for us. Prophet Isaiah prophesied regarding Jesus, “I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives that are in prison, and to release from the dungeon those who sit in the darkness.” (Isaiah 42:6) During his ministry, Jesus healed the sick, gave sight to blind, freed people from demonic powers and raised the dead.

Jesus did not lay down rules and regulations for prayer. He did not advice to visit some holy site to atone for our sins. Jesus came to relieve us from the burden of sin. He said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28)

Jesus summed up his coming into the world in a very simple, yet graceful and divinatory statement -

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45)

5. Taught with authority:
God said to Moses, “I will raise up for them a prophet like you among from among their brothers; I will put my words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him.” (Deuteronomy 18:18)

Jesus did not need to spend years in solitude to gain wisdom and knowledge. Unlike Mohammed, Nanak, and Buddha, Jesus did not need to seek out God. He did not need a divine revelation or a visit from an angel to reveal the mind of God. In fact, Jesus was raised among the most backward considered Jewish people, the Galileans. Jewish religious leaders of Jesus’ time told Nicodemus (one of the leaders) that “a prophet does not come out of Galilee.” (John 7:52) However, after listening to Jesus in the Temple at the feast of Tabernacles, “the Jews were amazed and asked, “How did this man get such learning without having studied?” (John 7:15) Jesus did not need to study the scriptures to understand and comprehend its meaning. Jesus knew the scriptures inside out because the Bible says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)

Moreover, during his ministry, Pharisees and Jewish leaders observed that Jesus not only broke the Sabbath rules but also forgave people their sins, which made Jesus equal to God. (Matthew 9:24) Pharisees accused Jesus of blasphemy, and on numerous occasions tried to stone him to death. (Matthew 12:14) But, they were afraid of large crowds that seem to follow Jesus everywhere he went. To the religious authorities, Jesus said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the prophets, I have not come to abolish but to fulfill them.” (Matthew 5:17) And the Temple guards, who were sent to arrest Jesus, came back and declared, “No one ever spoke the way this man does.” (John 7:46)

Through out the Gospels, we read that ordinary people were amazed, and astonished at Jesus’ teachings.

When Jesus had finished saying all these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law. (Matthew 7:28)

Not only the miracles performed by Jesus captured their attention but his explanation of the scriptures through the use of parables, his examples of tales taken from everyday life, and the authority with which Jesus spoke of God made them follow him everywhere he went. The disciples, on seeing Jesus subside a storm, in fear and amazement they asked one another, “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.” (Luke 8:24)

Finally, to fulfill what God (the Father) had said to Moses, Jesus affirmed, “For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that His command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.” (John 12:49)

6. Died willingly for a purpose
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) Jesus’ mission was to redeem mankind from its sinful nature. As humans, no matter how much we try, we could never measure up to God’s standard of holiness. Throughout the Old Testament, the Israelites proved this point again and again. Had God chosen some other people instead of the Jews, I do not think the 100% failure rate would have been any different. But, in His Son Jesus, God found a perfect sacrifice to restore fallen humanity back to Him. Jesus came to redeem us by sacrificing his life on our behalf. God made him who had no sin to be a sin offering for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21) Although Jesus died, but he died willingly, fully knowing in advance, the day, the time and the manner in which he would die. Whilst, the likes of Mohammed, Nanak, Buddha, Krishna and Rama, all died, with no predetermined knowledge, Jesus however, not only foretold and spoke of the crucifixion but the Prophets (Isaiah 49 - 53) and King David (Psalm 22) graphically spoke of Jesus’ death, hundreds of years ago before it actually took place.

Mohammed, Nanak, Buddha, Krishna and Rama, all died and their death served no purpose for their believers. But the death of Jesus paid the price for my sins. God accepted Jesus’ sacrifice and now wants me to accept him as my personal Savior. Accepting Jesus, as my Savior, is the only way I can be spared of God’s wrath on the judgment day. The Bible says, The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son, will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” (John 3:35)

7. Resurrection
Resurrection of Jesus is probably the single most important difference that sets Jesus apart from all others. Not only did Jesus foretold his death but also proclaimed in advance that he will rise up on the third day after the crucifixion, and rise up, he indeed did. “We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, ”and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles, who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.” (Mark 10:33) Muslims have a mosque built where Mohammed is buried, Sikhs have temples built where their Gurus were cremated, and Buddhist and Hindus build statues and worship them and remember their gods by reenacting their “good-over-evil” victories year after year. But Jesus’ tomb was found empty by his disciples. (John 20)

As a Christian, I do not need to go to a tomb to atone for my sins. I do not need to reenact the crucifixion to sanctify myself and make myself acceptable to God. Because Jesus is ALIVE! After the crucifixion, for forty days, Jesus appeared to his disciples, (Luke 24:36) and gave them proof of being alive by eating bread and fish with them. (Luke 24:41) Jesus invited Thomas, one of the disciples to “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” (John 20:27) Jesus opened up his disciples’ eyes to understand the scriptures and explained his death and the Resurrection. (Luke 24:45)

Hindus believe in reincarnation of souls depending on their past lifestyle and the “works” a person has done. But Jesus promised to give me a glorified body that will not see decay or death. Because Jesus rose from dead - I know, and I know, and I know - I will be in his glorified presence one day. I do not need to wash myself in some holy river to purge my sins. I do not need to fear coming back as a man or a beast or a bird or a reptile after death. I have been washed with the blood of Christ that takes away my sins once and for all. “Come now, let us reason together,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)

8. Promised the Holy Spirit
All other religions base salvation for believers in their “works.” Believers are encouraged to perform good works, which may vary from, doing social work and forsaking the world, to deliberately afflicting bodily pain and, performing rituals and certain acts on a regular basis to attain favor with God. Hindus believe in receiving “Mukti” as a result of doing good works in one’s life. But before God, of the Bible, my good works are as filthy rags. God declares, my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8)

My personal effort to become good and holy in the sight of God will never succeed because my natural instinct is to sin. It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. (Romans 9:16) God made us and he knows what is inside of each and everyone of us. I can never attain God’s favor and justify myself with good works. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourself, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8)

As a Christian, God accepts me because I believe in Jesus and I accept him as my personal Savior. Only after accepting Jesus, the good works begin to flow through us because Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to live in us and guide us in all things. And I will ask the father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth. (John 14:16) The Holy Spirit is our teacher and spiritual guide in this day and age. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26)

9. Personal relationship
Greater love has no one but this, that he lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13) Jesus, as a friend, sacrificed his life for me. The good news is that death could not keep him down. Now, he desires to have a personal (one-to-one) relationship with me. I do not need to recite designated scriptural verses and repeat set of prayers to make God hear me. I do not need to rub my nose on a statue or crawl on roads, bow down to a book or worship it, posture myself on a ground in certain direction or in a certain way to make God hear my prayers. Once I accept Jesus, as Lord, he becomes my personal friend. I can talk to him about anything, anytime, and anywhere. He longs to show God’s love and mercy to me everyday of my life. He wants to have fellowship with me and wants me to rest, in his presence, from all labor. Jesus sees, hears and feels everything that happens to me because he is ALIVE. Christ Jesus, who died - more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. (Romans 8:34)

After we accept Jesus, he abides in us. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. (1 John 4:15) The Holy Spirit connects us to Jesus because God is Spirit. The Holy Spirit reveals to us the unfathomable knowledge of God that cannot be learned or acquired without the presence of God’s Spirit in our lives. In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. (1 Corinthians 2:11)

10. Promised to return
In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:2)

Mohammed, Nanak, Buddha, Krishna and Ram, all died and left no, whatsoever, assurance of ever returning. Jesus, however, promised to return to establish the Kingdom of God.

The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give it’s light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens. (Mark 13:26)

Forty days, after resurrection, Jesus ascended to heaven but did not leave us in a limbo. As Jesus was ascending to heaven, the angels told the disciples, “Why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:11)

In conclusion, let me say that although, God is beyond my comprehension, yet I can relate to Him because God made Himself known to me through Jesus. When I focus on Jesus, I know what God is like. In flesh, God is beyond my reach, but as Jesus promised, the Holy Spirit teaches and reveals God to us when we sincerely seek Him. Jesus was without sin, and yet he understood my sinful nature. He willingly died for my sins to redeem me and has forgiven all my trespasses against God.

God has shown His mercy and love through His Son Jesus. Rest assured, the day of the Lord is coming when we will all stand before God for judgment, and he will ask what did we do with His Son Jesus, the Christ? Now then, if you have not received Lord Jesus in your life, are you prepared to face the Living God on the judgment day?

Dear Rajs,

It is not correct to say one religion is superior to the other or one prophet is superior to the other. Sikhism never does propogate such divisive views. Guru Nanak preached universal love and showed very simple path to be one with ONE. I do wish that you had read Bhai Vir Singh's incomparable "GURU NANAK CHAMATKAR" before having formed your views on Guru Nanak and Sikhism. Good luck and regards.

Harbans

gss

SPNer
Dec 13, 2006

The grass on the other side of the hill always looks greener!

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand

tell Me is Jesus a Garbage Collector, that he would just take your sins, LOL.

Sikhism teaches you that by being "Baptized" or calling your self pure or by drinkin some water or wine does not make you pure contrary to popular belief. Guru Ji Tells us "Antar Gat Terath Mal Nai" that within by mediating on the GOD within us can we become pure.
By someone claiming to be pure or saying that they know GOD does not mean anything. if you go to india today ther are a 10,000 people that will make this same claim. and many of the people have Ridhia Sidia, God Powers. but they are nothing.
you should try to read Dhan Sri Guru GRanth Sahib Ji. i would be happy to translate for you anything you don't understand. my phone# is 646 250 8940 or email me Adeep646@yahoo.com. The 10 Guru's were GOD and anybody who becomes pure is no different than God.

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005

we don't have to fight over jesus,let talk about Fact and figure, check one by one link and you will get the knowledge
BLIND FAITH ::..
The God Who Wasn't There: DVD
...::: QUEST - The Truth and Evidence about Jesus, God and the Bible :::...

Rajs jee,i hope you will read and understand about jesus jee,

Christianity is a missionary religion, converting, advancing, aggressive, encompassing the world; a non-missionary church is in the bands of death.

-Friedrich Max Muller
"SIKH Dharma is like a boundless ocean teeming with priceless gems. The deeper you dive the more treasures you find."

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005

Christianity is a million dollar bussiness The missionary zeal has been to convert by giving the most lurid accounts in the West to raise money for financing their activities. It costs $145 billion dollars a year to operate global Christianity, records a book on evangelization - Arun Shourie Missionaries in India. and there are the university which teaches bussiness.
Major Missions Universities

Abilene Christian University (Texas)
All Nations Christian College (UK)
Asbury Theological Seminary (Kentucky)
Bethany College of Missions (Minnesota)
Biblical School of World Evangelism (Ohio)
Biola (California)
Calvary Bible College (Missouri)
Cedarville College (Ohio)
Christ For The Nations Institute (Texas)
Cincinnati Bible College (Ohio)
Circleville Bible College (Ohio)
Columbia International University (South Carolina)
Criswell College (Texas)
Cristo para las Niciones Monterrey
Crown College (Minnesota)
Dallas Theological Seminary (Texas)
Denver Seminary (Colorado)
Fuller (California)
Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary (California)
Grace University (Nebraska)
Harding University (Arkansas)
Hardin-Simmons University (Texas)
Heritage Baptist College & Seminary (Cambridge, Canada)
Hope International University (California)
Houghton College (New York)
John Brown University (Arkansas)

"Missionaries are perfect nuisances and leave every place worse than they found it." - Charles Dickens (1812-1870).

" A creed religion like Christianity... is constantly competing against all other religions — and, what is more, doing so on their own home grounds. Its success is measured in terms of the number of converts it makes."

- Michael Arnheim author of Is Christianity True (Skeptic's Bookshelf Series).

Kentucky Christian College (Kentucky)
Liberty University (Virginia)
Moody Bible Institute (Illinois)
Multnomah Bible College (Oregon)
Norwegian School of Mission and Theology (Norway)
Northwest Bible College (Canada)
Northwest Christian College (Oregon)
Northwestern College (Minnesota)
Prairie Bible College (Canada)
Providence College and Theological Seminary (Canada)
Redcliffe College (UK)
Simpson College (California)
South Africa, University of (South Africa)
Tabor College (Australia)
Taylor University (Indiana)
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Illinois)
Trinity Western University (Canada)
University of the Nations (Hawaii)
Western Bible College (Oregon)
Western Seminary (Oregon)
Wheaton College Graduate School (Illinois)

GURVINDER

SPNer
Sep 8, 2006

So Mr You Are Convincing The Sikhs To Follow The Preachings Of Jesus First Of Reply To My Few Question's
1.in Which Language Originally The Bible Is Written?
You Had No Answer Because Till Now Bible Is Revised Upto 24000 Times From Different Christian Scholars

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

Till Now Bible Is Revised Upto 24000 Times From Different Christian Scholars

Respected Gurvinder Ji,

that's why most of them are never clear about the satan......what is it....

let us learn from history and teach our children punjabi and make sure they know how to read and understand Gurbani, and actually live the Truth.....

forgive me please

Feb 14, 2006

The first books of Christian Bible are called Torah, which is written in Hebrew, sacred to Jewish people. The rest of Old testament is written in Aramaic. The New Testament is written in Greek and bears no relationship to the rest, they just stick it together, which is why Jews do not believe in Christian scriptures. The first English translations were based on the Latin Vulgate, a Roman language.

Yes, it is a mess. Especially when you find all the removed scriptures that talk about things like reincarnation.

Mar 22, 2006

Its pretty clear your are very passionate about your emotional experience with the idea that Jesus is the one true God.
Since you are now selling this to members of the religion you are distancing yourself from, you have compared the other saints so that Jesus is really God.
Now you have done what many seekers have done to convince themselves that Jesus is the ONLY WAY.
I will continue this intellectual game later.
I just wanted to chime in with, you are misssing the boat!
In the end your soul will come through, but for now your spiritual ego is missing the boat.
There is no need to trounce other saints from any world faith.
Jesus wouldn't do that and neither should his new disciple.
For now God bless you, but I will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM