• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Did God Create Universe?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Dogma is a set of beliefs given to us by some authority, which cannot be disputed, and are taken to be true.

The Sikh dogma is that there is one all-pervading Lord, without birth, self-existent, in-dweller, primal man, true in all ages, with form yet formless, timeless, deathless, protector of his devotees in all ages, slayer of evil, uplifter of obstacles, pure bliss, universal/ultimate consciousness, source to everything there is, all powerful, so on and so forth who can be known through a guru (one who already knows Him intimately and effortlessly).

If you are a Sikh you have to at least accept that as true IMO. SRM adds more things.

Scientism is a bit hard to talk about as I have haven't studied it as well as I have studied Sikhism.

Last edited:

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Firstly I was talkign about the 'religious dogma' as Sceptic ji described.
Secondly
like you describe everything is a dogma.

Thirdly if a Dogma is wrong or makes no sense, like take for example a ritual - we dont believe in .

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Firstly I was talkign about the 'religious dogma' as Sceptic ji described.
He is speaking nonsense. I have no better word to describe this: "Religion causes people to remain ignorant"

Secondly
like you describe everything is a dogma.
No dogma is something given by authority and taken to be true and indisputable. Not everything fits into this category. But you are right that many things which we don't consider dogma, can be dogmatic in ways. Science is one of them.

Thirdly if a Dogma is wrong or makes no sense, like take for example a ritual - we dont believe in .
No dogma is something you do believe in even if it doesn't fully make sense to you. The belief about God, the Sikh dogma, does it make any sense to you? For a Sikh Sikhism is dogma.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: