• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Did God Create Universe?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: why did God create universe

Ok so I understand you were wondering but I must ask again why were you wondering? You haven't answered it. Give it some thought.

Sep 8, 2010
Los Angeles

Skepticfreethinker , and what are you? Your argument makes quite no sense, even if you beleive in Sience, it is most of a lie as well. Since can´t explain the Universe as well.. THESE ARE ALL THEORIES. There are no facts, about universe. And Logic can be vieweed in several ways. Physics knows nothing about the Universe, and has many contradiction in it as well. And Biologically IT IS POSSIBLE, that the Body functions are uphold for several Seconds, due to Axion, neurotransmitters, sending irreleativ electric signals . And this is contradicition of Science as well, all things they can´t explain, they declare as impossible..!

TigerStyleZ Ji,
I don't mean to offend you but it's really hard to understand the broken english in the above post! Can you please repost in normal english...you know with grammar and reduced level of spelling mistakes. Please also try to proofread before submitting.

Thank you!

Sep 8, 2010
Los Angeles

I do not believe that Creator bends any of natures rules for anyone.

Well said!

I think we can accept that he continued to fight after a deep laceration to the neck

I am glad we came down from a totally severed head being held in his hand to just a laceration to the neck. This is believable and he would still be considered an extremely brave man.

however, even if his head was severed, even 20 secs of fighting, whilst holding his head, would have seemed like a lifetime to an observer.

This part is completely made up. A simple swing of the arm is such a complex act for the muscles that it constantly needs to be controlled by the brain and can't be performed if you loose nerve connection to brain.

Nov 14, 2004
Thailand

skeptic.freethinker,

Quote: Originally Posted by harry haller
I do not believe that Creator bends any of natures rules for anyone.

Well said!

Isn't this assuming that *you* know the workings of nature? Is your knowledge not based on what you heard from science which through your own reasoning have come to agree with?

Quote: Originally Posted by harry haller
I think we can accept that he continued to fight after a deep laceration to the neck

I am glad we came down from a totally severed head being held in his hand to just a laceration to the neck. This is believable and he would still be considered an extremely brave man.

There is absolutely no bravery in wielding a sword with the intent to strike another living being. Rather it is anger or fear which motivates such actions.

Sep 8, 2010
Los Angeles

There is absolutely no bravery in wielding a sword with the intent to strike another living being. Rather it is anger or fear which motivates such actions.

Confused Ji,
Longtime! If I remember correctly, you were one of the first people I interacted with when I first joined the forum two years back. You were and you still seem to be one of the few people on this forum who actually think things through.

Regarding the above comment, I wasn't really thinking in terms of the justification of the actions. I was just thinking in terms of the feasibility of the actions themselves. But you bring up a great point.

skeptic.freethinker,
Is your knowledge not based on what you heard from science which through your own reasoning have come to agree with?

Nope. People don't just 'hear' from science, think about it and come to agree with it. They don't have to...because science provides evidence.
This is one of the main difference between science and religion. Science provides proof, underlying assumptions and ways to disprove those assumptions. Science doesn't require blind faith. Religion does.
Science does not have all the answers yet, but we are making progress and learning something new everyday. Whereas religion and religious folks just assume that they have all the answers, mostly in forms of ancient texts. They can't be farther away from the truth. This is why religion requires blind faith which many religious people wear as a badge of honor.

And once people have blind faith, these gullible folks will believe anything....even that someone without a head kept fighting forever. Or that a magical skydaddy created the universe.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
This part is completely made up. A simple swing of the arm is such a complex act for the muscles that it constantly needs to be controlled by the brain and can't be performed if you loose nerve connection to brain.
I don't think it is umpossible that if his head was cut off, that his body would not carry on as it was prior, maybe even for a second, maybe two seconds, who knows, but I do not think one can completely dismiss the possibility that a headless man had a limb with a sword in it, and that limb carried on flaying, sure he may not have won any competitions for accuracy, but it probably made a huge impact on his enemy.

Also I know of several chickens that would disagree with you lol

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Thanks for the PM Sandeep ji.

The thing is if one cannot answer easier questions like "Why does one have particular thoughts?" how can they even begin to answer or even grasp questions of much greater difficulty like "Why did God create anything?"

The difficulty of answering this question is unknown to you and many here.

The answer you gave that it is all his play is what it is, not WHY it is. Why is it a play? Because so and so. Why is it so and so? Because so and so. Why? The real question is why are things the way they are and not some other way? Do you realize how difficult it is to answer it? But that belief that all of this is God's play is exhilarating is it not? Because if it is a play then it is happening right now, under our noses, and we are at the leading edge of that play!

To answer the question why did God create the universe, thus requires us to know what exactly he created. If it is his play, we ought to inquire into that play. What is it that I am calling play? Who am I? What allows me to even begin to call it by a name? What is the play like? What is God?

etc

For this we cannot rely on mere readings of a book, no matter how sacred. We must inquire into it ourselves with all our intent. And you'll find the answer is much more awe-inspiring, much more grand and more fulfilling than any answer someone gives you.

But you can never share this answer with anyone else once you get it. Not that you won't try... you just can't.

Sep 8, 2010
Los Angeles
Simple As That -

God Created Universes Coz He Wished To Do So !!

Actually, it's not that simple. Some people might be happy in not knowing the answer but ignorance is never the answer.

When Newton saw the apple fall from the tree, he didn't conclude that the apple fell because God wanted it to fall. Nope. He decided to study the behavior further. We owe our space program to that guy because he didn't choose ignorance as the answer.

Edward Jenner, who invented vaccine didn't go with the religious approach either to pick the answer that people fall ill because God wishes them to. If he would have decided to stay ignorant, we will still be suffering from diseases like cowpox which have been eradicated long time back.

Religion causes people to not seek answers and stay satisfied in their ignorance.

Simple As That -

God Created Universes Coz He Wished To Do So !!

If it's so simple, we should send out a memo to all scientific organizations and scientists who are spending billions of dollars in researching the cosmos to find it's origin. We owe it to them to let them know that they are wasting their time and money.
We should also inform the scientists who are trying to find cure for diseases that they are just wasting their time and that the diseases will get cured when God will wish to do so.

These scientists are the ones who make our lives better because they just don't assume that things happen because God wishes them to. They seek answers.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Actually, it's not that simple. Some people might be happy in not knowing the answer but ignorance is never the answer

Sikhism does not condone ignorance, Sikhism stands shoulder to shoulder with science

When Newton saw the apple fall from the tree, he didn't conclude that the apple fell because God wanted it to fall. Nope. He decided to study the behavior further. We owe our space program to that guy because he didn't choose ignorance as the answer.

Life is a puzzle that needs to be worked out, God merely sets the rules, I am sure it pleases God no end to see the development and inspiration of Creation.

Edward Jenner, who invented vaccine didn't go with the religious approach either to pick the answer that people fall ill because God wishes them to. If he would have decided to stay ignorant, we will still be suffering from diseases like cowpox which have been eradicated long time back.

Sikhism has never advocated the 'leave it to God' approach, this is extremely Abrahamic, Sikhism wishes that all of Creation do the utmost to solve lifes riddles. Is not Sikhism about fighting against all odds? When Sikh warriors of old were confronted with unbeatable odds, did they run away, or just accept defeat? No, they did not, they fought to the end, optimistic. By your argument, one would think they would have acceptance. peacesign

Religion causes people to not seek answers and stay satisfied in their ignorance.

Religion has a lot to answer for, and I agree with you, however, the facts that Science has validated appear in the SGGS years before. I myself despise 'religious' people, the very word suggests a fascination with 'an order' rather than the truth. Religious people point to manuscripts and quote passages to support their own brand of wierd theories. Sikhism is not about this, about being able to quote like a parrot, Sikhism is about living within the divine order that set the controls for the world, on a basic level, it is a respect for gravity by not jumping off a Cliff. That one is obvious, there are many more that are not.

If it's so simple, we should send out a memo to all scientific organizations and scientists who are spending billions of dollars in researching the cosmos to find it's origin. We owe it to them to let them know that they are wasting their time and money.
We should also inform the scientists who are trying to find cure for diseases that they are just wasting their time and that the diseases will get cured when God will wish to do so.

These scientists are the ones who make our lives better because they just don't assume that things happen because God wishes them to. They seek answers.

It is not so simple, all those scientists are doing the work of Creator, working out solutions, making our lives better, all is Seva, all is good work, every such scientist is a Sikh!

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011
Bhagat ji
I think when we say play.It includes both why and what. What is it -play why coz god wants to play ...done and over i think you do not need deep philosophical resolution of every question.... on the contrary i believe that complication is only caused by our misapprehension...
But ur words make me realize that it is useless to get into these things...its better to do your job and forget the rest....dont run your mind too much...it is doomed to end in misery...so how do i delete this thread...:mundaviolin:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
sandeep17oct ji what makes you think "Universe has been created"? Is it possible that we call our illusions or illusive thinking a reality? Perhaps there is nothing to create and creation/destruction are continuous while we experience only one at a given point based on what the limits of abilities to perceive are. If we are limited, all our pursuits at best are less than half azzed and only an exercise in self adulation.

Imagine a neutron star happens to pass by and all of the earth will be reduced to a size of a sphere less than 500 meters in diameter with the removal of all non matter space. Earth will be baby food for such a star.

Neutron stars have overall densities of 3.7×10<sup>17</sup> to 5.9×10<sup>17</sup> kg/m<sup>3</sup> .

Here a NASA picture of "Hand of God" far far away.

mid-Sequence_of_PSR_B1509-58_Images.jpg

Closest Neutron Star,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> PSR J0108-1431 Observation data

Constellation Cetus

Distance 424 light years

Details
Temperature: 8.8 × 10<sup>4</sup> K

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Einstein's general theory of relativity predicts that massive objects in short binary orbits should emit gravitational waves, and thus that their orbit should decay with time. This was indeed observed, precisely as general relativity predicts, and in 1993, Taylor and Hulse were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for this discovery.
Is that part of the universe too! Living in consonance locally perhaps is a more achievable goal or endeavor! Sikhism definitely encourages focus on that. Working synergistically with and making best use of all that is around us.

By the way I am not suggesting we don't ask questions or seek more answers. Sometimes it is just awe that we also should recognize and I am sure most if not all do.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Folks from Sikhism perspective we really need to pay attention to the infiniteness of creation espoused in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and not try to define and seek simple non-infinite answers to fit our imagination. Many are trying to box this infinity including posts by some learned people who get trapped too in this at spn.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Perhaps Pauri 21st in Japji Sahib helps us channel our inquiries,
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
ਤੀਰਥੁ ਤਪੁ ਦਇਆ ਦਤੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਪਾਵੈ ਤਿਲ ਕਾ ਮਾਨੁ
Ŧirath ṯap ḏa▫i▫ā ḏaṯ ḏān. Je ko pāvai ṯil kā mān.
Pilgrimages and body regimens, compassion, alms given. If so receives, but little respect.
ਸੁਣਿਆ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਕੀਤਾ ਭਾਉ ਅੰਤਰਗਤਿ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਮਲਿ ਨਾਉ
Suṇi▫ā mani▫ā man kīṯā bẖā▫o. Anṯargaṯ ṯirath mal nā▫o.
Listened, accepted, loved in mind. Such thoroughly washes at the inside place of pilgrimage.
ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ਵਿਣੁ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ
Sabẖ guṇ ṯere mai nāhī ko▫e. viṇ guṇ kīṯe bẖagaṯ na ho▫e.
I am nothing, all your qualities. Not imbued with quality, contemplation not possible.
ਸੁਅਸਤਿ ਆਥਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਬਰਮਾਉ ਸਤਿ ਸੁਹਾਣੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ
Su▫asaṯ āth baṇī barmā▫o. Saṯ suhāṇ saḏā man cẖā▫o.
Blessed one, self the writing and Brahma. Eternally graced, always mind so joyous.
ਕਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਵੇਲਾ ਵਖਤੁ ਕਵਣੁ ਕਵਣ ਥਿਤਿ ਕਵਣੁ ਵਾਰੁ ਕਵਣਿ ਸਿ ਰੁਤੀ ਮਾਹੁ ਕਵਣੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਹੋਆ ਆਕਾਰੁ
Kavaṇ so velā vakẖaṯ kavaṇ kavaṇ thiṯ kavaṇ vār. Kavaṇ sė ruṯī māhu kavaṇ jiṯ ho▫ā ākār.
What times, what time of day, what lunar day, what day of the week. What season, what month, when creation was created.
ਵੇਲ ਪਾਈਆ ਪੰਡਤੀ ਜਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਲੇਖੁ ਪੁਰਾਣੁ ਵਖਤੁ ਪਾਇਓ ਕਾਦੀਆ ਜਿ ਲਿਖਨਿ ਲੇਖੁ ਕੁਰਾਣੁ
vel na pā▫ī▫ā pandṯī jė hovai lekẖ purāṇ. vakẖaṯ na pā▫i▫o kāḏī▫ā jė likẖan lekẖ kurāṇ.
Pandits (Hindu scholar/Priest) did not determine the time, otherwise there will be a treatise. Kazis (Muslim scholar/Priest) could not determine the time, or will have written in fashion like Koran.
ਥਿਤਿ ਵਾਰੁ ਨਾ ਜੋਗੀ ਜਾਣੈ ਰੁਤਿ ਮਾਹੁ ਨਾ ਕੋਈ ਜਾ ਕਰਤਾ ਸਿਰਠੀ ਕਉ ਸਾਜੇ ਆਪੇ ਜਾਣੈ ਸੋਈ
Thiṯ vār nā jogī jāṇai ruṯ māhu nā ko▫ī. Jā karṯā sirṯẖī ka▫o sāje āpe jāṇai so▫ī.
Such a lunar day, day of the week, season or month the hermits did not figure out. Creator who so created the universe, such knows so by self.
ਕਿਵ ਕਰਿ ਆਖਾ ਕਿਵ ਸਾਲਾਹੀ ਕਿਉ ਵਰਨੀ ਕਿਵ ਜਾਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਆਖਣਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਆਖੈ ਇਕ ਦੂ ਇਕੁ ਸਿਆਣਾ
Kiv kar ākẖā kiv sālāhī ki▫o varnī kiv jāṇā. Nānak ākẖaṇ sabẖ ko ākẖai ik ḏū ik si▫āṇā.
How can I say, what virtues, how to write and how to understand. Guru Nanak all living try to say, one smarter than the other one.
ਵਡਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਵਡੀ ਨਾਈ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਆਪੌ ਜਾਣੈ ਅਗੈ ਗਇਆ ਸੋਹੈ ੨੧॥
vadā sāhib vadī nā▫ī kīṯā jā kā hovai. Nānak je ko āpou jāṇai agai ga▫i▫ā na sohai. ||21||
Grand master, greater eminence, happening as of such. Nanak one who by self intelligence claims knowledge, hereafter does not find honor.
Above is my interpretation attempt and all errors are mine. My work and understanding for Japji Sahib is at draft level at best but I posted to get some feedback as well if it triggers ideas.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Sat Sri Akal.mundahug

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
While contemplating upon the various views poured here, I'd like to add that a spiral galaxy is like a CD and we are just a byte in, replaying our part until this CD becomes useless and is discarded - destroyed.

We are a very tiny part of a program. See Universal Soldier to understand this concept deeper.

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Yes, who are we to think we can reveal the universe? Maybe we invented some things that make life easier, maybe we revelaed some mysterious? But for what? For our Haummai, for our ego. For e.g. take Einstein he spend his life as well, to find and reveal the Universe, but in end he died. And if you look clearly, his THEORY is still a theory, but many scientists ignore this facts and build up their develope from this theory. There are still many corruptions in his theory. Einstein said after his general relativity : That near high-mass objects , the light is deflected trough the room. But if we check the facts, that we can scalre due to high technology his theory makes no sense. I can quote the measured graviation radius if you want. Then compare it to the measured value, that he sclaed in 1919 during the famous solar eclipse. We just believe and don´t try to understand, if we hear big names like "Einstein", we just think , that everything is right, and that this person is brilliant, but we don´t think rational and crucial.

I can just quote what Carveer mead said..

The last 70 years of the 20th Century being the dark ages of theoretical physics.

Carveer Mead

Nov 14, 2004
Thailand

skeptic.freethinker ji,

I couldn't write earlier, one reason being that my desktop computer main board broke down and the notebook hasn't come back from the repairs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Confused

Confused Ji,
Longtime! If I remember correctly, you were one of the first people I interacted with when I first joined the forum two years back. You were and you still seem to be one of the few people on this forum who actually think things through.

Actually no, if I don't understand something immediately, I avoid thinking further about it. It is burdensome for me to work things out for long. Also I'm easily distracted and therefore my posts are usually not written in one sitting.

Regarding the above comment, I wasn't really thinking in terms of the justification of the actions. I was just thinking in terms of the feasibility of the actions themselves. But you bring up a great point.

And my comment was directed more at others than at you. ;-)

People confuse morally evil / unwholesome / disadvantageous states for being good / wholesome / advantageous. Attachment towards one’s religion is perceived as something positive and identification with it is encouraged. Pride, which otherwise is judged as undesirable, becomes a good thing when it is about one's own religion. While faith / confidence is based rightly on understanding the value of good states such as morality, kindness, generosity and so on, this becomes replaced by belief in a projected idea, where these good states are then referred to without any understanding. Indeed to refer to something outside of one's moment to moment experience as basis for right conduct is a case of wrong thinking motivated by ignorance, attachment, and in the case of God, wrong understanding about the way things are.

Regarding this particular matter, my intention was to draw the attention to the fact that fighting in battle with an intention to kill one’s enemy, rather than an act of bravery, is the product of strong attachment to self (and one's ideals). It is aversion in the form of fear and anger which drives a person to kill any living being. In battle, one may wield a sword or shoot an arrow, but aimed only at intimidating and never to hurt or kill. Knowing that if the enemy finds out about one's intention; one's own life is at risk, yet willing to face the consequence. *This* is bravery, which is result of understanding the value of and having confidence in, morally good action, while seeing the harm in and disadvantage of, immoral action.

If one's values are distorted then the actions which follow can't be right. If one *believes in* wrong which is mistaken for right, much wrong must follow. One misperception leads to misperception in other areas. An Islamic terrorist for example, is one who mistakes what is evil for good and then allows his thoughts to proliferate like mad.

Quote: Originally Posted by Confused
skeptic.freethinker,
Is your knowledge not based on what you heard from science which through your own reasoning have come to agree with?

Nope. People don't just 'hear' from science, think about it and come to agree with it. They don't have to...because science provides evidence.

Why do you think that I am not moved by what science tells me? It is because I know that science deals with concepts and not with reality. That you consider science as providing evidence is because you too fail to make the reality vs. concept distinction.

While the scientist is going about his daily activities including when working with his theories and trying to prove them, he is ignorant of the mental and physical phenomena that make up his moment to moment experience. He does not understand any of what goes on as extremely fleeting and impersonal phenomena, but instead takes consciousness, feelings, perception and all actions through body, speech and mind as belonging to me, as mine and as I, lasting in time. Instead of understanding reality, he takes concepts for real.

I used to compare this situation with that of a child learning to draw geometrical objects perfectly and being able to use them creatively without a need to understand their mathematical properties. In the same way, a scientist is someone who has learnt to work with concepts, although he does not understand them for what they are. How he perceives the world is basically no different from how anyone else does.

Now, I man not suggesting that concepts be dismissed. Thinking is part of who we are and concepts are means by which we function at all. The problem is taking concepts for reality and thinking that in studying them, one comes closer to the Truth. This is wrong understanding at work and encouraging in fact, of further ignorance and attachment.

This is one of the main difference between science and religion. Science provides proof, underlying assumptions and ways to disprove those assumptions.

I consider all religions except one, to be wrong when it comes to statement about the Truth. But neither does science touch upon the Truth! Both are dealing only with the conventional world, the objects of which are concepts. So yes, I would refer to science and not to religion when trying to understand and work with a particular aspect of the conventional world.

The main objective of religion however, wrong though it is about conventional reality, is to guide a person towards a moral and therefore more fruitful life. And I consider this much more important than the ability to predict the weather, produce food, inventing a computer, using the Internet, radio, telephone, the air- conditioner or even electricity and penicillin. Without any of these things, but with understanding, life becomes more meaningful. With all these things but no inclination towards morality and wisdom, life is not worth living.

Science doesn't require blind faith. Religion does.

No, it doesn't. But neither is it open to the possibility of being completely ignorant about reality / Truth. It believes its perceptions to be correct and that it is moving towards better understanding of reality. But this is not so. In fact science relies on agreed upon convention as basis for confidence in what it does, and this is no different from “belief”. And while a scientist goes about his daily task, including telling everyone else what he believes is reality, he'd do well to take some lessons from religion so that his life does not go too off track.

Science does not have all the answers yet, but we are making progress and learning something new everyday.

Nothing new is ever learnt! What happens is the creation of new concepts as a result of a particular kind of observation / study. It is akin to seeing what one likes to see. The only “new” are the realities which rise and fall away as part of one's moment to moment experience. The rest is just concepts based on other concepts experienced in the past, some of which happen to give the impression of something “new” happening.

Indeed the very idea of “looking for answers” reflects a lack of appreciation with regard to the reality “now” as the only valid object of true knowledge.

Whereas religion and religious folks just assume that they have all the answers, mostly in forms of ancient texts. They can't be farther away from the truth. This is why religion requires blind faith which many religious people wear as a badge of honor.

To rely on religion for knowledge about the conventional world is foolish.
To rely on science for knowledge and understanding with regard to the Truth is also foolish.

And once people have blind faith, these gullible folks will believe anything....even that someone without a head kept fighting forever. Or that a magical skydaddy created the universe.

Yes, when thinking in terms of concepts such as human physiology and the universe, science is what one should turn to for a more reliable knowledge. Religion should not attempt to say anything about such things.

itsmaneet

SPNer
Jun 13, 2012
Nagpur, India

Dear Skeptic Ji

Nobody is stoping anybody to think on any question that comes in their mind. Scientists have also been searching since ages the time when the universe was created & it's well answered in Shri Japji Sahib Ji by Guru Nanak Dev Ji. There are certain questions that will remain unanswered till the time one merges with Almighty. If you want answers of these questions....it's too on the Almighty. One cannot even breathe out without his permission...

Gurfateh !!

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Dont generalise scpetic ji, Sikhi is not a religion, it is against dogmas , like Sience! Sikhi is going along with Sience, your "argument" makes no sense, because Sikhi makes me even more seek answers!!! When I come to Sikhi I started to question everything, and learn how it works etc..!! What you are saying is just blind judgemental generalization! SIkhs can be Scientist doctors etc!! And we already have some examples ! We are here to develope the world, as well but trying to not do it for aur haumai!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: