• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Did God Create Universe?

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011
I was wondering why God created the universe and then sent us here. My assumption here is that once we were all with God. We were a part of Him. And somehow we are here now. So my question is why did God send us here. Bible says because we sinned. Gita says that He is the supreme enjoyer and this way He chose to enjoy Himself. And as far as I know the Guru Granth Sahib agrees that in play He created the universe and in play it will all be destroyed. It is His nature who like a child who visits the beach, builds a palace of sand and then without hesitation goes on to destroy his own creation likewise is God.
So what I am asking is why are we here.Is it just play.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Re: why did God create universe

God is without form or typical physical characteristics.
He created us and the universe in a ''form'' so that he could have an image.
We were created in the image of God.

With this image, also comes the play and illusion that we are in.

Go deep within yourself to help you understand this.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!

God isn't a person sitting up above and pulling strings like a puppet master. Read Mul Mantar-God is without form, birth, death. The Universe is a small part of creation. God is the laws of the universe. God is the laws governing, nature, maths, physics everything. There is no he in God and to believe the universe was created for the benefit of humans is a very arrogant stance to take!!

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011

God is the laws governing the universe...so when there was no universe there was no god since the phrase laws of universe makes sense only when there is a universe....when there is no universe --- no god(btw contracdicting ur own arg without birth death and so on)....why are we fools theists.......

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011

laws of physics right...normally laws of science do not permit that a person can live once his head is separated from his torso and normally that is the case....logically( this is ur domain so correct me if i am wrong) there will be so much of blood loss that the person will die in seconds moreover he wont be able to move because the brain sends the impulses in response to which our hands and feet move....Now consider BABA DEEP SINGH JI...head was severed held his head on his palm and the sword in the other combating enemies...so in this case if god is laws then god bent himself\itself whatever....
Science is something which God who created it can bend....so saying that god is science....well i dont know if it is right...

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011

findingmy...ji
are you familiar with the law of karma....no ure a scienthist....if i am human today i can be god tomorrow or i can be dog tomorrow according to my actions so what are u talking about when u say benefit of humans..

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2010
Los Angeles

laws of physics right...normally laws of science do not permit that a person can live once his head is separated from his torso and normally that is the case....logically( this is ur domain so correct me if i am wrong) there will be so much of blood loss that the person will die in seconds moreover he wont be able to move because the brain sends the impulses in response to which our hands and feet move....Now consider BABA DEEP SINGH JI...head was severed held his head on his palm and the sword in the other combating enemies...so in this case if god is laws then god bent himself\itself whatever....
Science is something which God who created it can bend....so saying that god is science....well i dont know if it is right...

@Sandeep Ji
Wow! Are you for real or are you just being sarcastic?
You do realize that the story about Baba Deep Singh Ji has lots of fiction added on to it. That's what happens to religious folklores. He did NOT continue to swing his sword after his head was severed. To swing a sword, the muscles in his arm would have continuously needed signals from his brain. Since his head was severed, this was not possible. If god bent the laws to make this happen, then why didn't he help Baba Randeep Singh Ji before his head was severed? That would have been less of a hassle.
I have met many people who have blind faith in their respective religions or in other words they are blinded by their faiths. But you are definitely in your own league!!

@Everyone else,
I understand these religious tales might have some true components and rest of the stuff is just added up to make them even more inspirational. But Sandeep is an excellent example of what these fairy tale like stories do to certain people who are more gullible than others. Such people assume these tales to be literal and can be easily misguided by people who are willing to take advantage of such people's blind faith.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

I think we can accept that he continued to fight after a deep laceration to the neck, however, even if his head was severed, even 20 secs of fighting, whilst holding his head, would have seemed like a lifetime to an observer.

I do not believe that Creator bends any of natures rules for anyone.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver

God isn't a person sitting up above and pulling strings like a puppet master.

No, that's what the Godfather does

images

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

I was wondering why God created the universe and then sent us here. My assumption here is that once we were all with God. We were a part of Him. And somehow we are here now. So my question is why did God send us here. Bible says because we sinned. Gita says that He is the supreme enjoyer and this way He chose to enjoy Himself. And as far as I know the Guru Granth Sahib agrees that in play He created the universe and in play it will all be destroyed. It is His nature who like a child who visits the beach, builds a palace of sand and then without hesitation goes on to destroy his own creation likewise is God.
So what I am asking is why are we here.Is it just play.
ਮਉਲਾ ਖੇਲ ਕਰੇ ਸਭਿ ਆਪੇ ॥ - YouTube

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011

Skeptic listen to me....we do not have the perfect set of laws of nature with us...we are yet to find them....and we are in the process....we cannot accurately make deductions with an inaccurate set of laws...maybe research will one be able to agree with these tales of religious superheros....
But this is a nice lesson for me...probably my insistence is not right....

sandeep17oct

SPNer
Nov 26, 2011

Bhagat ji
I know that there was a time when there was only God and then He out of Himself created the Universe. The result being that we are here. But this birth death cycle all this is suffering.
so initially when there was nothing but God we were with Him and consequently happy. Now we in the influence of Maya have forgotten Him and are sad.so i was wondering this as why were we
put in this birth death cycle which is nothing but misery.
But as I understand now in accordance with gurbani. This is His play.

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany

Skepticfreethinker , and what are you? Your argument makes quite no sense, even if you beleive in Sience, it is most of a lie as well. Since can´t explain the Universe as well.. THESE ARE ALL THEORIES. There are no facts, about universe. And Logic can be vieweed in several ways. Physics knows nothing about the Universe, and has many contradiction in it as well. And Biologically IT IS POSSIBLE, that the Body functions are uphold for several Seconds, due to Axion, neurotransmitters, sending irreleativ electric signals . And this is contradicition of Science as well, all things they can´t explain, they declare as impossible..!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM