• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is This Creator Who Cares For Us In Such Grand Fashion?

broken

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2016
High Desert, CA
With all due respect, you're not talking about "God" at all.

You're talking about belief systems, paradigms, and models of the world (worldview). How people think about things, framework of thought, etc.

It's all mental gymnastics, though. All in the field of Psychology.

Please don't label such stuff as "God", it's misleading.

I'm glad it all worked out for you, though.

[AoG]

You are so funny. Thank you. You have brightened my otherwise unhappy day.

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
i could be in bliss whilst drinking tea in my garden...in bliss whilst sat on a roller coaster...in bliss when i pass my exams...in bliss when i finally sit on a seat after standing up all day..in bliss when i give a homeless person a sandwich...in bliss when i hug my wife...in bliss when i see my mum after a long time...in bliss when my nephew says something really cool...in bliss when i fix I.T related issues that have bugged me at work for many hours...in bliss when the blister on my finger finally heals...in bliss when i achieve something that helps others...in bliss when i see a war end on T. V....

All of this stuff you're describing is typical materialistic worldly stuff. All of your emotional rewards are rooted in the five senses and in the meanings you've attached to your earthly existence (family relationships, sense of self-worth, physical healing, etc.)

If this is all that "God experience" is to you (and there's nothing wrong with that), then more power to you buddy. Carry on, Captain!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
With all due respect, you're not talking about "God" at all.

You're talking about belief systems, paradigms, and models of the world (worldview). How people think about things, framework of thought, etc.

It's all mental gymnastics, though. All in the field of Psychology.

Please don't label such stuff as "God", it's misleading.

why not, that's what 99% of folk think god is

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
It's not, though, is it? So this only illustrates that it's more elusive than the typical person cares to admit.

I disagree, the typical person has a view of god which is quite Abrahamic, old bloke, gets angry easily, beard, sandals, smug spiritual look, most would not care to admit it could be something else

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
I disagree, the typical person has a view of god which is quite Abrahamic, old bloke, gets angry easily, beard, sandals, smug spiritual look, most would not care to admit it could be something else

What are you disagreeing with, that's it's more elusive than people realize, or that "Goddy" is not what 99% of people think it is?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Here's what I'm saying: I think your experiences are all sensory illusions and you have gotten stuck in them (because they're so pleasurable) thinking that you're actually "experiencing God" and all that "wow man" stuff. To be honest, it seems like you just transferred all your hippy talk and applied it to Sikhi.

I'm not bashing you or your experiences, really I'm not (so please don't get upset). I respect your experience and your right to it. It just seems to me that something is a bit off.

I don't know anything about experiencing God, of course. No one really does. But I do have a few clues after decades of searching. I know, for example, that it's not at all easy. In fact, it's one of the most rare and difficult things. Kabir Ji spent something like thirty years searching and practicing before he had the experiences of enlightenment. The other clue I have is that the few rare ones who do have this experience, don't really talk about it. The manifestation of their experience is through actions which are exhibited in their lives.

And then here come people like you. You spend some few short years and then all of a sudden you're blissing out all the time because "wow man! I can see it all now! the sum total of creation!"

Here's what I think is really happening. It's a process, a journey. There are many stages (or steps), and along the way, amazing things happen. Riddhia siddhia, etc. So many of us are so wowed by these things that we think we've "arrived" and we just stop and get stuck. Gurbani warns of this.

Let's do a little experiment. If you see "God in all", then by your definition, you must see God in me. Right? So if you see God in me, why are you now having all these emotions that are other than Love? Please do explain ...

[AoG]

In many of my posts I have stated I feel I am just skimming the surface...

So if you could please give me one example where I have said I have experienced it all...

You won't be able to...

Only reason I am here is to provide a little balance...from people who say 'you can't do this n that...' or 'its just 'sensory illusion'...I mean seriously...what experimentation have you conducted to determine this...

Have you followed guru jis guidelines of seva...truthful living...and Naam simran to determine for yourself?

Whole point of sangat is to inspire share and talk to each other...yes you don't have to share all your experiences...but I can still try to inspire as others have inspired me.

From the very little I have experienced I know 100% there is something truly amazing to this...that's not me saying I've experienced it all...that's you thinking that way..or assuming that.

Also what other emotions other than love do you think I'm experiencing....please tell me..lol. and then tell me how you are coming to those conclusions.

These are just words...there is no way for you to determine how I.M feeling when I write them. I.M giving you no hints other than when I put down lol or a :)

:)

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
All of this stuff you're describing is typical materialistic worldly stuff. All of your emotional rewards are rooted in the five senses and in the meanings you've attached to your earthly existence (family relationships, sense of self-worth, physical healing, etc.)

If this is all that "God experience" is to you (and there's nothing wrong with that), then more power to you buddy. Carry on, Captain!

No no no

You're doing it again lol...m8ssung the point again lol

You mentioned I. M just sat around all day in bliss...and I.Ve asked you 'what do mean by bliss' lol...

And then I described a handful of an infinite numver of things that could be deemed blissful. ..and then asked you to clarify what you mean by me sitting around in blisa all day lol

I haven't tried to explain an experience of waheguru...

God bless you...
I will start to exchange messages with you when you start reading mine properly.
Until then we're just creating clutter on a forum

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
God becomes easily understood once you know your own place in the grand scheme of things. I found it but cannot share. It is a secret that is no secret if you simply look below, in front and above in no particular order and can visualize the grandness and all connected and as one at the same time.

Very hard to describe though ;) I get intoxicated by it all.

Sat Sri Akal

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
I remember a poem from my school days about a Sufi saint, named Ibrahim ibn Adham (c.730 - c.782 CE) from what is now Afghanistan, written by an English Christian poet, Leigh Hunt (1784-1959), that seems to fit well into this Sikh discussion.

Abou Ben Adhem
By Leigh Hunt

Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
An angel writing in a book of gold:—
Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
And to the presence in the room he said,
"What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,
And with a look made of all sweet accord,
Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord."
"And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
But cheerly still; and said, "I pray thee, then,
Write me as one that loves his fellow men."

The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night
It came again with a great wakening light,
And showed the names whom love of God had blest,
And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest.

Apr 11, 2007
If creation cheapens a persons merchandise then realistically there is no real progress of the merchant or value or principle of what that individual stands on. The unique universe is such a grand subject design, that it makes me wonder who is who and how does the idea of the creator and creation combine. It's very fashionable being moralistic especially when the grand finialy is never in sight forevermore the creator keeps on creating the show and supremacy of love. Funny how when it comes to anything associated with progress that love is the only key issue that they all forget to apply knowledge on as progress of any rewards financial or otherwise are always built upon a purpose which can never be lost or destroyed which is love. What is fashion itself but pointless.

Last edited:

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
No no no

You're doing it again lol...m8ssung the point again lol

You mentioned I. M just sat around all day in bliss...and I.Ve asked you 'what do mean by bliss' lol...

And then I described a handful of an infinite numver of things that could be deemed blissful. ..and then asked you to clarify what you mean by me sitting around in blisa all day lol

I haven't tried to explain an experience of waheguru...

God bless you...
I will start to exchange messages with you when you start reading mine properly.
Until then we're just creating clutter on a forum

Aw come on, don't stop playing now ... we were just getting to the fun part...

Apr 11, 2007
Fashion and individuals nothing has value not even the earth if there it has no purpose. Sikhism teaches a unique lesson on purpose that is why people listen to it but it doesn't teach a unique lesson on God I guess as that would make all of creation invalid and make Guru Nanaks message of equality totally wrong. That is the product of the Guru on a purpose not the appearance of a show but the purpose of where the journey is taking you individually. Your own death it is always easy and ever near from the Guidance of what we receive, guru nanak stated that there is no Hindu or Muslim from the opening lines of the Guru Granth Sahib ji it states Ek Onkar so to combine that message Sikhism has a purpose disidents of human rights should always combine together the design and development or as you put it a fashion of creations own point and purpose. What is civilization or development of Sikhism; if what we are learning about is unable to fully fulfil a wholesome family life. I guess that families that are able to live totally psychologically blissful family lives are very lucky and the encouragement of that and development of that is the value or measure of the world we live in. Do we want to progress to a twisted world that keeps on with games or a blissful awakening of the soul. The world spins and the sun and moon watch it grow. Plus as individual's if we are not treated or valued to an acknowledgement of perception then we'll we really need to ask ourselves a simple question why would anyone want to live in a haunted sculpture of a dying forest. What some imbeciles feel honoured to call home or earth full of no love. To be honest to the idiots that feel that they own a piece of the world it is this a wise message wise up the world is borderless when it comes to payment sorry but you own didly squat if payment of the up keep of ideals is borderless then so is the world's future and we should accept that sometimes well we just need get out and be able to appreciate gods temples before we begin to visualise and understand places of worship. Nice little island of the United Kingdom isn't it. Gur fathe!

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
God becomes easily understood once you know your own place in the grand scheme of things. I found it but cannot share. It is a secret that is no secret if you simply look below, in front and above in no particular order and can visualize the grandness and all connected and as one at the same time.

Very hard to describe though ;) I get intoxicated by it all.

Sat Sri Akal

Like the way you put that. God bless ji

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
i'm not saying they look like terrorists...lol the fact that you are suggesting that i;m implying that clearly shows you are not reading what i am typing lol...

please re-read and re-read again and again, and try to understand the point that i am trying to make about the dangers of generalization...

seriously dude...

You have a blind spot, a scotoma. Instead of condescending to me telling me "re-read and re-read again and again" (what am I, a freaking third grader?), try to understand what I'm saying, take a look at what you wrote, and try to understand the hidden biases in your language and your thinking.

The construction of the sentence gives it away, regardless of your claims otherwise.

When you have enough respect and humility to examine your own hidden bias and psychological conditioning, come back and let's have a chat. Until then, remain in your privileged world where you get to play and have fun and throw around dangerous and damaging phrases like "it's why sikhs get attacked for looking like terrorists"

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
You have a blind spot, a scotoma. Instead of condescending to me telling me "re-read and re-read again and again" (what am I, a freaking third grader?), try to understand what I'm saying, take a look at what you wrote, and try to understand the hidden biases in your language and your thinking.

The construction of the sentence gives it away, regardless of your claims otherwise.

When you have enough respect and humility to examine your own hidden bias and psychological conditioning, come back and let's have a chat. Until then, remain in your privileged world where you get to play and have fun and throw around dangerous and damaging phrases like "it's why sikhs get attacked for looking like terrorists"

hello ji...

google sikhs getting attacked terrorists..

and you will come across many stories of sikhs getting attacked because the attackers in ignorance think they are terrorists...due to the turban and beard (associated with osama bin ladin)

now...before you state that 'I' am being dangerous by saying sikhs get attacked for looking like terrorists...

please understand, that is not what i'm saying...i don;t think myself (turban wearing) or any other sikh looks like a terrorist...i'm saying others have thought that, which is dangerous because they 'generalize' when an image of a terrorist is put before them in the media.

i would love to converse with you...but even after i have explained this in a past message you still slam me for apparently suggesting that sikhs look like terrorists..

serious dude...i like talking to you, but its like going round in circles :)

god bless

and..there wasn't one bit of anger, hate, oe any other negative feeling in me when writing this..just in case you somehow decide to think there was...

:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: