• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is This Creator Who Cares For Us In Such Grand Fashion?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
why like 3HO...don;t you have your own brain...why do you need to end up like anyone else...or any group...seriously dude...that's just an excuse...make you own path...you can think like that and end up how you want to be...

I have made my own path, I am telling you where yours leads.
ahh man...we can't do this..we can't do that....so many barriers...
maybe i should just give up...oh wait...i realized it was true...like han solo said "the jedi, the force, the dark side...its all true...all of it"...

so many barriers? what do you want? a free for all where we accept that all religions are ultimately the same and god is universally the same for all religions?

so thankfully, your negativity

you mean my opinion.

does nothing but prove to me and others that we are indeed on our own path.

do you need proof?

in the end we end up with the realization

keep it, your welcome to it.

and you will too...but maybe not just yet...

I am honoured to be in such excellent company of wisdom o wise sage.

ok, so you dont give a crap about knowing what life really is...cool

A pointless and time consuming question. I have given it my best shot, my answer would be to know who you are, on to the next question. I am more concerned with actually living.

but you want to know who or what you are.
I have a fairly good idea who I am.
don;t confuse yourself...same thing dude...you want to know what you or who you are...that's a huuuge part of wanting to know what life really is...don;t you think?

Life is about knowing yourself, about acceptance, about seeing that all have something in them that I also have, and connecting with that something. I know there is a school of thought that talks about seeing god in all, but if you truly saw god in all, your actions would reflect this, as would your writings, your thoughts, I attempt to connect with something, with varying degrees of success, but to truly see god in all, any such person would stand out like a sore thumb. I do not see very many sore thumbs.

one day you'll see the light of Waheguru...shining brightly within you...and because you saw it in yourself...you'll know it exists within everyone and everything else also...
you'll feel it, sometimes commune with it, you'll know you have been blocking the love that it holds because once you feel it, oh man...its overwhelming...you'll feel like you're going to pop...

but you won;'t..because you're part of it..

words, just words, easy to write are they not?
I wonder sometimes if you write about it so much because it eludes you?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I thought of this question today as I puttered around the new garden project I am working on. I'm pulling out wasteful plants and replacing with desert native plants. I like natives.

First I thought of King Solomon. He said there is nothing new under the sun (I think he was correct, even though there are smartphones now). So I chucked a little at the New Age reference. That same label makes me chuckle when I'm at Barnes & Noble also.

Here's the thing. When the local forest went ablaze in wildfire back in 2003 a few days later it looked like a moonscape. This troubled me because I was evacuated during the fire, and I never went back home afterwards, and this was difficult to see. But now, years later we are seeing the transition from the Pioneer Plants to the next level of the forest's natural restoration process. Watching this is joyful.

When I look at nature, it is looking at god, because there are no limits, no holding back. Nature is full on out there .... those burned pines exploded during the fire and sent seeds all over to hopefully take the place of the lost pine tree. Thousands of seeds, only one needed to succeed but nature knows the odds and plays to win.

There is nothing more self wasteful than nature. Zillions of pollen pods blow in the wind, seeds helicopter out trees by the millions and the hydrological cycle moves through the motions without hesitation. Inside the leaves CO2 is turned into oxygen, nitrogen is processed by the plants and hungry little whatevers eat the grasses and flowers with glee. Never thinking there will not be enough.

God is ... I know this. I touched him today. I work with him in the gardens and together we produce a wonderful seasonal bounty of vegetables to eat, flowers to encourage the bees and some ganja to fight my disability.

New age. Nope. Nothing new. God was, is and will be there .... close enough to put your hands on, yet far enough away to see the big picture of it all.

Fun fact: All the trees in the Sequoia National Park ..... have the same DNA. All those big beautiful trees are all related and sharing roots.

Amazing. Wonder. Beautiful. Ginormous. You betcha ... I wanna plug into that.

no amazing revelations, no criticism, no grand orders, no telling everyone else they are wrong, just a sharing of experience and emotions and the self, you really need to brush up on your post writing techniques if you are going to fit in here.

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
one day you'll see the light of Waheguru...shining brightly within you...and because you saw it in yourself...you'll know it exists within everyone and everything else also...
you'll feel it, sometimes commune with it, you'll know you have been blocking the love that it holds because once you feel it, oh man...its overwhelming...you'll feel like you're going to pop...

So what are we going to do, just sit around and bliss out all day? Is that really the Sikh way?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I have made my own path, I am telling you where yours leads.

you think i will end up like 3HO...? i dont know every individual who belongs to 3HO, so i really can;t determine this...

if there are some very compassionate members of 3Ho...selfless members...then i dont mind ending up like them...

in every group there are good or bad people...good sikhs bad sikhs, good plumbers, bad plumbers...generalization is no good for anyone...its why sikhs get attacked for looking like terrorists

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
So what are we going to do, just sit around and bliss out all day? Is that really the Sikh way?

you have absolutely no idea what i experience..
so i dont know what you mean by sitting around in 'bliss' all day...

how do you know i sit around in 'bliss' all day...what is 'bliss'..what does it mean...it could mean and it could describe a million things...explain what you mean lol ...

i could be in bliss whilst drinking tea in my garden...in bliss whilst sat on a roller coaster...in bliss when i pass my exams...in bliss when i finally sit on a seat after standing up all day..in bliss when i give a homeless person a sandwich...in bliss when i hug my wife...in bliss when i see my mum after a long time...in bliss when my nephew says something really cool...in bliss when i fix I.T related issues that have bugged me at work for many hours...in bliss when the blister on my finger finally heals...in bliss when i achieve something that helps others...in bliss when i see a war end on T. V....

what are you trying to say :)

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
...its why sikhs get attacked for looking like terrorists

WHOA there Nelly!! You're saying that Sikhs look like terrorists!?!?!

Talk about preconceptions! Wow!

To be clear, just because a person is wearing a turban and has a beard, doesn't mean they "look like a terrorist". There is no way you can equate that to the "look" of a terrorist.

Enlighten me, please. What exactly does a terrorist "look" like?

Was Tim McVeigh a terrorist? How about Ted Kaczynski? Dylann Roof? Wade Michael Page? Shall i go on?

What a shallow, prejudiced way of thinking.

Do a little historical research. Learn how the image of a turbaned Sikh was a symbol for justice, hope and peace for people. The title 'Sardar' was not bestowed, it was earned through sacrifice and blood.

And before you say, "yea but in the West it's the image of the terrorist", you should really point the finger at the media and to the {censored}s who sit in front of the TV all day instead of going out and actually learning something about the world we live in.

[AoG]

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
WHOA there Nelly!! You're saying that Sikhs look like terrorists!?!?!

Talk about preconceptions! Wow!

To be clear, just because a person is wearing a turban and has a beard, doesn't mean they "look like a terrorist". There is no way you can equate that to the "look" of a terrorist.

Enlighten me, please. What exactly does a terrorist "look" like?

Was Tim McVeigh a terrorist? How about Ted Kaczynski? Dylann Roof? Wade Michael Page? Shall i go on?

What a shallow, prejudiced way of thinking.

Do a little historical research. Learn how the image of a turbaned Sikh was a symbol for justice, hope and peace for people. The title 'Sardar' was not bestowed, it was earned through sacrifice and blood.

And before you say, "yea but in the West it's the image of the terrorist", you should really point the finger at the media and to the {censored}s who sit in front of the TV all day instead of going out and actually learning something about the world we live in.

[AoG]

i'm not saying they look like terrorists...lol the fact that you are suggesting that i;m implying that clearly shows you are not reading what i am typing lol...

please re-read and re-read again and again, and try to understand the point that i am trying to make about the dangers of generalization...

seriously dude...

admin ji....if you read this message, i'm from the U.K..not sure where the above flag has come from.. :)

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
what are you trying to say :)

Here's what I'm saying: I think your experiences are all sensory illusions and you have gotten stuck in them (because they're so pleasurable) thinking that you're actually "experiencing God" and all that "wow man" stuff. To be honest, it seems like you just transferred all your hippy talk and applied it to Sikhi.

I'm not bashing you or your experiences, really I'm not (so please don't get upset). I respect your experience and your right to it. It just seems to me that something is a bit off.

I don't know anything about experiencing God, of course. No one really does. But I do have a few clues after decades of searching. I know, for example, that it's not at all easy. In fact, it's one of the most rare and difficult things. Kabir Ji spent something like thirty years searching and practicing before he had the experiences of enlightenment. The other clue I have is that the few rare ones who do have this experience, don't really talk about it. The manifestation of their experience is through actions which are exhibited in their lives.

And then here come people like you. You spend some few short years and then all of a sudden you're blissing out all the time because "wow man! I can see it all now! the sum total of creation!"

Here's what I think is really happening. It's a process, a journey. There are many stages (or steps), and along the way, amazing things happen. Riddhia siddhia, etc. So many of us are so wowed by these things that we think we've "arrived" and we just stop and get stuck. Gurbani warns of this.

Let's do a little experiment. If you see "God in all", then by your definition, you must see God in me. Right? So if you see God in me, why are you now having all these emotions that are other than Love? Please do explain ...

[AoG]

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
i'm not saying they look like terrorists...lol the fact that you are suggesting that i;m implying that clearly shows you are not reading what i am typing lol...

please re-read and re-read again and again, and try to understand the point that i am trying to make about the dangers of generalization...

seriously dude...

No dude. Seriously. You have a blind spot about this. You did say that Sikhs looks like terrorists. Right here:

...its why sikhs get attacked for looking like terrorists

It's english, man!

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Heck if I know....I'm in this mess right here with y'all....
Harry haller said:
I love this, a three way argument, OK, what is the right tree then?

Druids worshiped all trees especially the yew and the oak, but I'd vote for the baobab, looking like it's upside down with its roots in the air.
01915-03_f35358b7-c24c-45b8-ac42-69a0d00c29e6_grande.jpeg

Not only is the Universe queerer than we understand, it's queerer than we can understand
JSB Haldane, Scottish mathematician

broken

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2016
High Desert, CA
You're saying that Sikhs look like terrorists!?!?!

Talk about preconceptions!

Do a little historical research.

... you should really point the finger at the media and to the {censored}s ....

[AoG]

To be honest, it seems like you just transferred all your hippy talk and applied it to Sikhi.

I'm not bashing you or your experiences, really I'm not ...

I know, for example, that it's not at all easy. In fact, it's one of the most rare and difficult things.

And then here come people like you.

So if you see God in me, why are you now having all these emotions that are other than Love? Please do explain ...

[AoG]

You have a blind spot about this.

You sure do a whole bunch of telling.

As for God in you ..... yes, I see him .... it appears he would like to get out.

broken

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2016
High Desert, CA
So profound. Gee, thanks.

I thought so. Because when God gets out of us, we stop telling. We start hearing. We start to understand that which is unspoken. Revelation. Heart songs. It's amazing what happens to us when we let god out.

I kept God in for quite a long time. Different faith then. I knew a bunch. I was right often. I told people what they should do. I spoke in definitives. I was really ugly then.

I'm glad I let him out. He wasn't very happy all bunched in like that.

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
I thought so. Because when God gets out of us, we stop telling. We start hearing. We start to understand that which is unspoken. Revelation. Heart songs. It's amazing what happens to us when we let god out.

I kept God in for quite a long time. Different faith then. I knew a bunch. I was right often. I told people what they should do. I spoke in definitives. I was really ugly then.

I'm glad I let him out. He wasn't very happy all bunched in like that.

With all due respect, you're not talking about "God" at all.

You're talking about belief systems, paradigms, and models of the world (worldview). How people think about things, framework of thought, etc.

It's all mental gymnastics, though. All in the field of Psychology.

Please don't label such stuff as "God", it's misleading.

I'm glad it all worked out for you, though.

[AoG]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM