• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Sonia Gandhi Had Skin Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2010
Bhai Kanhaya provided us the teachings of Selfless act. During the numerous battles between the Sikhs and the enemy (Imperial Mughal Army). Bhai Kanhaiya was often seen carrying a mashak --- the pouch made of goat's skin and used to carry water from place to place to serve water to anyone regardless to caste and creed. He continued to serve water to anyone whether he belong to Sikh soldiers or enemies.

At this some people complained to Guru Gobind Singhji about this. On inquiring by Guruji Bhi ji replied, i see God alone, my master in every person so I cannot distinguish between the Turks and the Sikhs, I see God in all.

On his reply the tenth Guruji not only appreciated his benevolent act, and took out a bottle of ointment and gave it to him to apply it to their wounds of all injured soldiers as well.

So by this teaching we get bereavement, spiritual and emotional support on every mishappening.
Sarbat da bhala.
Regards,
Rajneesh Madhok

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
She is the same lady who allowed all the 1984 culprits to be in the party and even gave them ticket yet people here are wishing for her good health

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
She is the same lady who allowed all the 1984 culprits to be in the party and even gave them ticket yet people here are wishing for her good health

This is exactly why Gurbani...na ko beri nahin beganna sagal sang hum ko bann ayee..and similar tuks are so hard to understand..imbibe or follow practically...Gurbani tells us to "treat the PAAP with distaste..not Hate the Paapi ( even though we cannot even judge what is "paap" and who is "papee" because Guru Arjun ji Himself seated on the Hot Plate still declares loudly...DOS NA KAHOON DEHOHN...I DONT BLAME ANYONE !!!

No wonder the Dhadriwalalhs and their ilk so often say that "Gurbani aukhi hai..samjh nahi aundee...dhaarna simple haan..sabh nu samjh aa jandee hai..GURBANI is about High Ideals and Higher Conduct...Jios..a very high standard...to many haters when there should be more "Sarbatt Da Bhalla" seekers..

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

By your comments, the only person you are hurting is YOU.

Let me bore you with a story kdsji, it happened 3 years ago, finally after much searching, I finally found a mint condition range rover 1994 4.2 v8 lse, located in the north of england. We agreed a price of £2000. The owner was a mechanic, and made it clear the car was mechanically perfect. This was extremely important, as I just had enough to scrape together the money, and there would be none for any repairs. I got on the train, and spent the entire journey in a state of excitement, finally, I saw the car, and she was beautiful, I bear hugged the seller, paid the money, and drove her the 360 miles back home, within the next 40 miles, I noticed the brakes were not great, and the engine, for a 4.2 was not brilliant, the steering was a bit funny too,anyway, next morning, I took it to a local garage, who confirmed that the brakes, and discs were practically falling off, I rang the seller, and politely explained the situation, who then said I was insulting him, and his car, and put the phone down.

How angry was I?, well not furious, but I could feel the anger in my stomach, I wanted to go up and rip his head off, and I knew that everytime something went wrong, I would have that feeling, anger also leaves me drained, I cannot eat, I cannot sleep, it takes me over, which is why I have to try and defuse it before it takes me over, so I texted the man, 'Its a great car, you won't hear from me again', and I did it quickly, before I could think about it, now, I did not want to do this, I am no saint, but in the interest of self preservation, I did it, my feelings for the seller were the same as before, but I was adamant I was not going to let this slime make me angry, so I forgave him, not for him, but for ME.

Subsequently the car ended up needing a head gasket, replacement air suspension, even the brake lines were rotten, and this slime let me drive it 360 miles home, but, as I had texted him, I could not really go back , so I just got on with it, even though it cost me and my wife money we really could not afford, it was sold after my wife noticed I had spent money that could have been spent on dental treatment (for myself) on a replacement cat converter, at which point, it was sold to a chap for norway who broke it for spares.

Kdsji, why let this anger ruin your life, forgetting for a minute the concept of forgiveness, I do not believe anything is worth getting angry about, it changes your personality, it makes you act irrationally and you lose the most important thing that Guruji has given us, chardi kala , and anyway, it is not ours to judge, as Bhagatsinghji would be fond of saying. Only the creator knows the truth, and as we are not the creator, all we can do is make sure our own feelings and mental state are in consonance, not in rage.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Harry ji

Argument can be given in either way.There are so many aggressive people who enjoy life because of their aggressiveness .I have seen in my life that in India the people who can actually quarrel and aggressive can only survive in Business.Most of others just get ruined as
many people never get their money back from the people .

I was born in family where from my father's side their was very little or no anger,as result I have seen they were walkover in life

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kdsji,

I disagree,

It is all down to what you want out of life, a life of aggressiveness breeds anger, how can you enjoy life when you are angry?

A chap came into my shop the other day, very angry, very aggressive, and also twice as big as me, I acted as humbly as I could, more so to save me from a good beating, and at the end, we hugged, and he apologised.If I had been equally as aggressive, I could have ended up with a knife in the head!

Who is to say that your fathers family could have ended up worse in life than just being a walkover,

and in any case, when I hear the words, 'he is a walkover' and actually talk to the chap concerned, I find a man of humility, understanding, and someone that sees the bigger picture than just 'winning' in business. If the goal of life is winning in business then clearly your fathers family have failed, luckily the goal is to learn humility and free yourself from attachment, which I would say they have embraced

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I am not advocating uncontrolled anger.Infact no shopkeeper shows uncontrolled anger most of the time they are respectful even to their abusive customers .But there are points in life where you have to be angry.

O.K tell me if someone abuses your wife how will you behave ? peacefully or you will be in anger

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kdsji,

Absolutely no question, peacefully.

What is the point in me getting angry with someone that abuses my wife. I assume you mean verbally, I would walk away, and I would grab my wife by the arm and make her walk away too.

If someone physically abused her? struck her? , I would restrain the person, as calmly as could be, and call the police, and press every charge I could press.

From an early age I have used humour to deal with situations, the last time I got caught in a road rage incident, I feigned a heart attack, and we both ended up hugging (hugging is so important!), the last time my wife had a road rage incident, after the cab driver made a sexual remark to my wife, as to the only way she could probably earn a living, she kicked his car, came home, and remarked that she had got angry today and did something stupid. I had to call the cab company and apologise, why? because these things can escalate if they get out of hand, in my mind it is best to diffuse using any means, and draw a line, upto a point anyway.

Anger, like lust, has its uses, but if we all drop to the common denominator, why might as well be atheists,

there are only two views on this

Sonia Ghandhi had skin cancer, I don't like the woman, but I am not going to lower myself by wishing her ill, as that makes me as bad as her.

or

Sonia Ghandhi had skin cancer, I hope she dies a painful and slow death, and I will take pleasure from it, because in that one moment, I am no better than she was, in ignoring the terrible tragedy of 84

or even

Sonia Ghandhi had skin cancer, I pray and hope the creator gives her a long life and forgives her for adding to the pain and misery of sikhs all round the world

These are not even personal views, this is what our Guru has taught us

humility and forgiveness

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kds Ji..if it makes you feel nay better..my dad was a "walkover" too...he fell for every sob story that nayone could tell..time and time again...and when I complained..he sent me out to collect his debts...i came back having given the man a few dollars i had with me...becasue i fell even harder for his sob story...
Now I ma an even worse walkover...I have several shops and houses I rent out...and every year I lose several months rent becasue the teneants sob their hearts out...I "know" they are lying..but i just cant be harsh...mywife and kids complained..so i used my dads method and sent them to collect the 6 months unpaid rent from one family...my wife came back after settling their unpaid electricity and water bills..and my son who was all brave and all asking i should throw their smaan out on the street...instead spent an entire day repairing their doors-locks and roof that leaked...no rent collected of course...his excuse..the small baby had no milk and the grandmum was sick...so YES we too are a fmaily of walk overs...we can only "collect" rentals given voluntarily but cnat collect roughly...even though we have several lawyers and highly placed police officers in our extended fmaily who tell us to ask for their help....if needed....we never needed that kind of help...not yet anyway..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Anger, like lust, has its uses, but if we all drop to the common denominator, why might as well be atheists,

there are only two views on this

Sonia Ghandhi had skin cancer, I don't like the woman, but I am not going to lower myself by wishing her ill, as that makes me as bad as her.

or

Sonia Ghandhi had skin cancer, I hope she dies a painful and slow death, and I will take pleasure from it, because in that one moment, I am no better than she was, in ignoring the terrible tragedy of 84

or even

Sonia Ghandhi had skin cancer, I pray and hope the creator gives her a long life and forgives her for adding to the pain and misery of sikhs all round the world

These are not even personal views, this is what our Guru has taught us

humility and forgiveness

What Guru's taught and what not is a big debate .Even Guru Gobind singh ji sent Banda Bahadur to plunder Sirhind and take revenge of Sahibzada's death. Guru Gobind singh ji made peace with bahadur Shah so why there was need for any campaign .Didn't Guru ji knew that attack on any mughal commander will create lot bloodshed including his own Singh's

Also if forgiveness is the motive then why so many rallies and noise about 84 riots.Even a person who know basic legal knowledge can tell that legally justice is not possible after 27 years in any country as it is already too long.lets just accept what congress has been telling sikhs forgive and forgot

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Banda SINGH Bahadur was sent by Guru Gobind Singh to Carry on His Mission.
The fact is that Banda's Army had only a few SIKHS...rest was what is called a MOB...and MOBS always plunder and loot. Banda Singhs sole aim was DEFEAT of Governor of Sirhind...and he was working in a WAR ZONE SITUATION.

When the time came for Banda Singh to be a MARTYR..he accpeted all torture - inlcuding such horrendous mental torture as having the beating heart of his toddler son torn out of its chest and stuffed into his mouth.....while hot pincers were used to grab and tear off pieces of his muscles and flesh...all Banda uttered was WAHEGURU...WAHEGURU...exactly like GURU ARJUN JI SAHIB on the Hot Plate.

Banda has been MUCH MALIGNED...by VESTED INTERESTS who TWISTED Sikh history...esp the Comrade Academicinas hwo gained prominenence in Punjab after 1947....is there any other..so called "PLUNDERER and LOOTER..who was MARTYRED in the fashion fo banda and who died that "peacefully" under such horrendous tortures ?? The answer is NONE...banda dies the way he lived..as a True Blooded GURSIKH...its hitting below the belt ( Kamarkassa !!) to lay such allegations at his door...Bandas timew as a CHANGE OF EMPIRES..a TRULY ROTTEN TREE was FALLING..and the EARTH WAS SHAKING.....there were plenty of ******* around to take advantage of such Tumultous times...and when the Misls took over and when the Khalsa Raj was established..any reports of .."plunder and looting ??? NONE. So how is this explained..SIKHS under the GURUS..didnt loot and plunder...SIKHS udner the Misls and Khalsa Raaj didnt loot or plunder ?? Did they suddenly become looters plunderers under Banda ???

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kdsji,

I have been thinking a lot of Bandaji for a long time, he is a real hero of sikhism for me.

I often wonder whether Guruji knew what would happen after his death, did he really believe that Bandaji would calmly put right the wrongs, or did he know in his heart that all hell would break loose, only Guruji knows this, but I feel he must have an inkling.

Bandaji was not a guru, he was a man, a banda, whatever he did set the foundations for Maharaja Ranjit Singhji, he did make mistakes, and he did pay for them in the most awful way possible, he was a shinning example to us all about how easy it is to feel anger and ego, and how to reconcile it, he died in perfection, although some say he may not have lived in perfection.

The question here though is Sonia Gandhi, even in a war there is chivalry, even in a war, there are Bhai Kanhaiyas, its the same thing, in any case, who is to question the will of the creator, who is to question whether in years to come, the revelation of what has been done, and what each individuals role in that has done, or not done, does not come back to haunt people so much, that they wish they were dead.

We are not Gurus, we are not gods, we are not even worthy enough to even understand what someone like Bandaji went through, not only the battles on the field, but in his head,

Another issue, kdsji, We would all be lying if we did not share your opinion in thought, we cannot help that, but sometimes some thoughts should be left up there, if you were to see an attractive woman, you would not announce it to all and sundry, would you?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Harry Ji wrote:....<<<<<<Another issue, kdsji, We would all be lying if we did not share your opinion in thought, we cannot help that, but sometimes some thoughts should be left up there, if you were to see an attractive woman, you would not announce it to all and sundry, would you? >>>>>>>>>

Lots more than you think do share those thoughts...and its not cowardly not to express them or Bravado to express them ( as some kharkoo types seem to think)..but for now its better to keep them under cover...

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kdsji,

I have been thinking a lot of Bandaji for a long time, he is a real hero of sikhism for me.

I often wonder whether Guruji knew what would happen after his death, did he really believe that Bandaji would calmly put right the wrongs, or did he know in his heart that all hell would break loose, only Guruji knows this, but I feel he must have an inkling.

Bandaji was not a guru, he was a man, a banda, whatever he did set the foundations for Maharaja Ranjit Singhji, he did make mistakes, and he did pay for them in the most awful way possible, he was a shinning example to us all about how easy it is to feel anger and ego, and how to reconcile it, he died in perfection, although some say he may not have lived in perfection.

The question here though is Sonia Gandhi, even in a war there is chivalry, even in a war, there are Bhai Kanhaiyas, its the same thing, in any case, who is to question the will of the creator, who is to question whether in years to come, the revelation of what has been done, and what each individuals role in that has done, or not done, does not come back to haunt people so much, that they wish they were dead.

We are not Gurus, we are not gods, we are not even worthy enough to even understand what someone like Bandaji went through, not only the battles on the field, but in his head,

Another issue, kdsji, We would all be lying if we did not share your opinion in thought, we cannot help that, but sometimes some thoughts should be left up there, if you were to see an attractive woman, you would not announce it to all and sundry, would you?

Harry ji

The question is not only about Banda only .Even many Sikhs that were close to Guru Gobind Singh were with Banda.The fact remain that after Guru Gobind singh ji much of Khalsa engaged in power struggle .was the Khalsa wrong in 18th century? Many of the muslim rulers of 18th century were as cruel or less cruel as they were in 17th or 16 th century so why Khalsa decided to capture power.Also why was the Sirhind the first target of Khalsa ?

No matter what people say in real world there are many things which people don't like to read but these things are necessary to survive .

There is famous quote "Raj bina naa Dharam chale Dharam bina sab dale male hain" many people say it is from Guru gobind singh but I don't find any evidence that it is from him but still this quote has the truth which is proven from history ,no religion survived without power, directly or indirectly people just assimilate into the religion which is holding the power

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kdsji

One simple quote for you, from the tenth master

""When all other means have failed, It is but lawful to take to the sword. ..."

When all other means have failed my dear brother, let us not judge ourselves by the past, or even 1984, the past has gone, it is just old video tape, our actions determine the future, life is like a game of chess, you can keep going until there is only 1 piece left on the board, or you can see what is going, accept the position you are in, and deal with it sensibly and humbly.

At this present time, have other means failed? are we in a war zone? no , we are not, so, if we were to bow to the tenth master and accept his words of wisdom, then there is no need to unsheath our swords just yet..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kdsji

One simple quote for you, from the tenth master

""When all other means have failed, It is but lawful to take to the sword. ..."

When all other means have failed my dear brother, let us not judge ourselves by the past, or even 1984, the past has gone, it is just old video tape, our actions determine the future, life is like a game of chess, you can keep going until there is only 1 piece left on the board, or you can see what is going, accept the position you are in, and deal with it sensibly and humbly.

At this present time, have other means failed? are we in a war zone? no , we are not, so, if we were to bow to the tenth master and accept his words of wisdom, then there is no need to unsheath our swords just yet..

Are Sikhs really following these words.Tell me is their any other mean left for the justice for 1984 victims?

don't want to say more as it could be against policy of forum

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
to clarify, I am not saying don't pursue justice, just not with hate in our hearts, instead pursue with calmness and vision, and that is my final note on this too

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
As reported in the news video that starts the thread, the cancers are benign, giving no cause for a case of nerves, nor for statements that this somehow "serves her right" because of her "misdeeds" and associations with the Gandhi family.

Let's end the discussion with the reminder of forum member Rajneesh Madhok ji
Bhai Kanhaya provided us the teachings of Selfless act. During the numerous battles between the Sikhs and the enemy (Imperial Mughal Army). Bhai Kanhaiya was often seen carrying a mashak --- the pouch made of goat's skin and used to carry water from place to place to serve water to anyone regardless to caste and creed. He continued to serve water to anyone whether he belong to Sikh soldiers or enemies.

At this some people complained to Guru Gobind Singhji about this. On inquiring by Guruji Bhi ji replied, i see God alone, my master in every person so I cannot distinguish between the Turks and the Sikhs, I see God in all.

On his reply the tenth Guruji not only appreciated his benevolent act, and took out a bottle of ointment and gave it to him to apply it to their wounds of all injured soldiers as well.

So by this teaching we get bereavement, spiritual and emotional support on every mishappening.
Sarbat da bhala.

So there is no real need to rationalize our reactions to news that Sonia Gandhi has skin cancern. Apologies for any offense I may have caused by my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM