• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism : An Offshoot Of Hinduism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad Ji,

What are the values of life? Which things are more important and which are secondary? For example, the oyster shell and the pearl have their own values; and if there were no pearl, the shell would be of little value. Similarly, the importance and value of the human being depends upon the soul, which drives the physical form. When the driver gets out of the physical body, it is then nothing but clay; and though the machinery is quite intact, it lies useless and lifeless because the driving force is no longer there. This is the mystery of life which has to be unraveled; we must come to know the life impulse which is already in the human form and which leaves at the time of death. This is not my speech.:{;o:

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ਪੰਨਾ 20, ਸਤਰ 8
ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਨਿਰੰਤਰੀ ਬੂਝੈ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਾਰੁ ॥੪॥
ਮਃ 1 - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Some lines of Geeta and Gurbani

God is the very Self in us. This Self-the Atman-is the Pure Consciousness that pervades the world, the jagat[/FONT].[Geeta]

Kuil@E krmu BieE prgwsw Git Git hir hir fITw ]1] rhwau ] (1212-14, swrMg, mÚ 5)
My karma has been activated, and the Divine Radiance of the Lord, Har, Har, is manifest in each and every heart. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]
pwrbRhm AwjonI sMBau srb Qwn Gt bITw ] (1212-14, swrMg, mÚ 5)
The Supreme Lord God, beyond birth, Self-existent, is seated within every heart everywhere.[/FONT]

srb invwsI sdw Alypw qohI sMig smweI ]1] rhwau ] (684-14, DnwsrI, mÚ 9)
Although he is unattached, he dwells everywhere. He is always with you as your companion. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]

jil Qil mhIAil riv rihAw soie ]3] (728-13, sUhI, mÚ 1)
The Lord is pervading and permeating the water, the land, and the sky. ||3||[/FONT]
jil Qil mhIAil pUir rihE srb nwQ Apwr ] (1227-6, swrMg, mÚ 5)
The Infinite Lord is totally permeating and pervading the water, the land and the sky.

mjyjh tjtjimjdN sjvj[N JjgjdvyjKtjmjUitj[njh
mjtsTjhinj sjvj[BjUtjhinj nj cjhHN tjeQvjvjisTjtj: ..9>4..

God is the very Self in us. This Self-the Atman-is the Pure Consciousness that pervades the world, the jagat[/FONT].

Kuil@E krmu BieE prgwsw Git Git hir hir fITw ]1] rhwau ]
(1212-14, swrMg, mÚ 5)
My karma has been activated, and the Divine Radiance of the Lord, Har, Har, is manifest in each and every heart. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]
pwrbRhm AwjonI sMBau srb Qwn Gt bITw ] (1212-14, swrMg, mÚ 5)
The Supreme Lord God, beyond birth, Self-existent, is seated within every heart everywhere.[/FONT]

srb invwsI sdw Alypw qohI sMig smweI ]1] rhwau ] (684-14, DnwsrI, mÚ 9)
Although he is unattached, he dwells everywhere. He is always with you as your companion. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]

jil Qil mhIAil riv rihAw soie ]3] (728-13, sUhI, mÚ 1)
The Lord is pervading and permeating the water, the land, and the sky. ||3||[/FONT]
The Infinite Lord is totally permeating and pervading the water, the land and the sky.
qU byAMqu pwrbRhm suAwmI giq qyrI jwie n lwKI ] (1227-12, swrMg, mÚ 5)
You are Endless, O God, my Supreme Lord and Master; Your state cannot be known.
mjyjh tjtjimjdN sjvj[N JjgjdvyjKtjmjUitj[njh
mjtsTjhinj sjvj[BjUtjhinj nj cjhHN tjeQvjvjisTjtj: ..9>4..

"All this world is pervaded by Me in My Unmanifest form (aspect); all beings exist in Me, ." [/FONT]

eyks mih sBu jgqo vrqY ivrlw eyku pCwxY ] (1234-8, swrMg, mÚ 3)
The whole world is contained in the One Lord. How rare are those who understand the One Lord.

The Self, in its essential Unmanifest nature, must be pervading everything, as the mud pervades all forms and shapes in all mud-pots.[/FONT] [Geeta]

kysvw bcaunI AeIey meIey eyk AwnjIau ]2] (693-19, DnwsrI, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
The Lord says, "This creation and I are one and the same."||2||
eyks mih sBu jgqo vrqY ivrlw eyku pCwxY ] (1234-8, swrMg, mÚ 3)
The whole world is contained in the One Lord. How rare are those who understand the One Lord.

The Self, in its essential Unmanifest nature, must be pervading everything, as the mud pervades all forms and shapes in all mud-pots. [Geeta][/FONT]

kysvw bcaunI AeIey meIey eyk AwnjIau ]2] (693-19, DnwsrI, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
The Lord says, "This creation and I are one and the same."||2||[/FONT]

[Kesava refers to Lord Krishna or Lord addressed with Love, Kindly correct me.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Pure Consciousness, Divine and Eternal is the Substratum that sustains and illumines the entire panorama of the ever changing plurality.[Geeta][/FONT]

pRiqpwlY bwirk kI inAweI jYsy mwq ipqweI ]1] (1213-18, swrMg, mÚ 5)

He cherishes me, like the father and the mother love their child. ||1||
[/FONT]
[I am giving Bani Quotes that I could think of.I shall add some more to bring in the exact wordings.]

"Though I am unborn[1], of imperishable nature, and though I am the Lord of all beings, yet ruling over My own nature, I am born by My own Maya[/FONT]."[Geeta]

Awpy Awpu aupwie aupMnw ] (1051-6, mwrU, mÚ 3)
He Himself created Himself, and came into being.
AwpIn@Y Awpu swijEnu Awpy hI QMim@ KloAw ] (968-14, rwmklI, blvMif qy sqw)
He created Himself, and He Himself is the supporting pillar.

And
[ Burnt be the tongue that states That Lord takes Birth] [Bani]
[/FONT]

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Arrh!! Sikh80 Ji,

I see you navigating steadily through a violent storm.
In the Jap Ji Sahib, Guru Nanak says, "When the hands, feet, and body are besmeared, they are washed clean with water; When the clothes get dirty and polluted, they are cleansed with soap; When one's mind gets defiled with sin, it can be purified only by communion with Naam." He also says, "Naam has created Khand and Brahmand." Also, "The whole world was created by Naam, but without the Satsangat there is no connection." Naam is the Power by which the whole of Creation came into being, and that Power's name is Naam. "Those Who became absorbed in Naam returned Home rejoicing; O Nanak, Their faces were radiant with freedom." Through these Radiant Souls, others gain freedom also. So, there is a vast difference between merely repeating the names of God and actually getting connected to the God Power.

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
This irishman is just curious as to were the "Sikhism is an offshot of Hinduism" leaves this Irish SIKH and all the other converts to Sikhi out there ? We became Sikhs to be Sikhs and NOT a branch of hinduism :inca::confused:

Feb 14, 2006
joginder singh foley writes: "This irishman is just curious as to were the "Sikhism is an offshot of Hinduism" leaves this Irish Sikh and all the other converts to Sikhi out there ? We became Sikhs to be Sikhs and NOT a branch of hinduism."
If you converted to Sikh religion, you converted expecting to learn in depth the teachings of Sikh Satguru, and not bringing over any preconceived desire of what Sikhism should be. We are on this forum analyzing what Sikh philosophy is actually teaching, questioning how modern political movements such as Singh Sabha reform may have deliberately altered the message of Sikhism to suit a political agenda of separatism and collusion with the British Raj. No one's objections, either yours or mine as to personal convenience of opinion will alter this fact. As individuals we have to explore what this means regarding how modern Sikhism was influenced and developed within a context of hostility to Hinduism. We became Sikhs of a Guru, that means disciples. Discipleship means accepting the teachings of Guru. If Gurbani says the Naam of liberation we jap is of the sargun manifestation of nirgun God, and calls by names Ram, and Har Krishna, does that change anything? If we accept Sikh Gurmantra for Naam of God is Vaheguru, and we are told in vaaran that this is after the beej (root) sounds of the avataars of Vishnu, then we accept what Guruji has given us.

Who as a disciple, as a shishya would say, "I want Guru's teachings to conform to my cultural expectation?" If you don't like Hinduism, then address the roots of that prejudice. Because the vaaran and tuuks of Gurbani aren't going to go away. Some people will be content never to look under the surface of Sikh practice, and continue to accept the Singh Sabha explanations. But even then, the sanatan Jathas and viewpoint will always come round and haunt you, that maybe Sikhism has changed from the original definitions. Maybe Sikhism has a whole other context and meaning which is being lost to the Panth.

The moment someone analyzes the meaning of Sikh teaching of monotheism, the similarity to Abrahamic religions crumbles. The very concept of a pantheistic Oneness of a nirgun All-pervading is already, of itself within the realm of Hindu/Vedantic philosophy. And any rational examination of the true and deep meaning of Ek Omkar, how it relates to the sound-current of the Naad which is the Om, the All-pervading nirguna (Eko Brahman) who subsumes the trimurti (Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh), yet "kar" creates out of the trimurti, all creation, is confronted with sanatan Dharam. There is nowhere in Sikhism that it isn't going to be. Because sanatana Dharma is the fundamental root origin of Sikhism. Sikhism never changed it. Sikhism never defined anything as new. The entire message of liberation fits within Sruti, that which was revealed in the Vedas.

"Eko Brahman, Dwiteeyo Naasti."
(There is only one Brahman without a second and the rest is only an expansion of HIM)
-Shankara

aykaa aykankaaru|ikhi daykhaaliaa|
(By writing 1 (One) in the beginning, it has been shown that Ekankar, God, who subsumes all forms in Him is only one (and not two or three).
-Vaar 3 Pauri 15 of 20 of Vaaran Bhai Gurdas

yatha hy avahito vahnir
darushv ekah sva-yonishu
naneva bhati visvatma
bhuteshu ca tatha puman
~Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.32

TRANSLATION
The Lord, as Supersoul, pervades all things, just as fire permeates wood, and so He appears to be of many varieties, though He is the absolute one without a second. Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 1 Chapter 2 Verse 32

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸਾ ਸਭ ਓਪਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar brehamaa bisan mehaesaa sabh oupath jith sansaaraa ||
Within the body, are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, from whom the whole world emanated.

ਸਚੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਆਵਾ ਗਉਣੁ ਪਾਸਾਰਾ ॥
sachai aapanaa khael rachaaeiaa aavaa goun paasaaraa ||
The True Lord has staged and contrived His own play; the expanse of the Universe comes and goes.
~SGGS Ji p. 754​

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਦੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵੇਦੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਈ ॥
guramukh naadhan guramukh vaedhan guramukh rehiaa samaaee ||
The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.

ਗੁਰੁ ਈਸਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਰਖੁ ਬਰਮਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬਤੀ ਮਾਈ ॥
gur eesar gur gorakh baramaa gur paarabathee maaee ||
The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi.

ਜੇ ਹਉ ਜਾਣਾ ਆਖਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਹਣਾ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥
jae ho jaanaa aakhaa naahee kehanaa kathhan n jaaee ||
Even knowing God, I cannot describe Him; He cannot be described in words.
~SGGS Ji p. 2

ਨਾਭਿ ਕਮਲ ਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਉਪਜੇ ਬੇਦ ਪੜਹਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਕੰਠਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ ॥
naabh kamal thae brehamaa oupajae baedh parrehi mukh kanth savaar ||
From the lotus of Vishnu's navel, Brahma was born; He chanted the Vedas with a melodious voice.

ਤਾ ਕੋ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਲਖਣਾ ਆਵਤ ਜਾਤ ਰਹੈ ਗੁਬਾਰਿ ॥੧॥
thaa ko anth n jaaee lakhanaa aavath jaath rehai gubaar ||1||
He could not find the Lord's limits, and he remained in the darkness of coming and going. ||1||
~SGGS Ji p. 489​

ਸੁਅਸਤਿ ਆਥਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਬਰਮਾਉ ॥
suasath aathh baanee baramaao ||
I bow to the Lord of the World, to His Word, to Brahma the Creator.

ਸਤਿ ਸੁਹਾਣੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ॥
sath suhaan sadhaa man chaao ||
He is Beautiful, True and Eternally Joyful.
~SGGS Ji p. 4​

ਸੋ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਜੋ ਬਿੰਦੇ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਤੀ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ॥
so braahaman breham jo bindhae har saethee rang raathaa ||
He alone is a Brahmin, who knows the Lord Brahma, and is attuned to the Love of the Lord.

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਵਸੈ ਸਭਨਾ ਘਟ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਜਾਤਾ ॥
prabh nikatt vasai sabhanaa ghatt anthar guramukh viralai jaathaa ||
God is close at hand; He dwells deep within the hearts of all. How rare are those who, as Gurmukh, know Him.
~SGGS Ji p. 68​

Sikhism is not even a challenge or redefinition of this pantheistic teaching. And the concept of Guruji as being the boat, is again from Sruti. The only difference is Sikhs ignore the Gurbani which even says Guruji Himself is an avtaara within the lineage of Har Krishna. So if Har Krishna is a Guru to some, and Sikh Guruji is Guru then we can reconcile how Gurbani and vaaran call a Vaishnav a Gurmukh. But the separatist, elitist interpretation that Sikh Guru is the only Satguru the world ever had or ever will have, and every other religion and sect must now convert to Sikhism to have liberation is just another form of political intolerance and Islam. It is an elitism worse than Brahminism. That message is a complete mis-translation of Guruji's message, although it is the Singh Sabha interpretation. On it's face, it cannot be the correct interpretation of Gurbani. Gurbani acknowledges the God manifested in physical form in various ages. If anything, Gurbani proves that Hindu religion is true, not mythology.

And when Kalki avataar comes, we will follow HIm. Because Gurbani has shown us Guruji Himself will be the Kalki avataar. Guruji is avataar for certain time period within the Kaliyug. But at end of Kaliyug, Guruji will return, and this is also supported as a Sikh teaching in Sau Sakhi. So what we have is this incredibly complex philosophy matching up point by point in various sources, written by different authors in different time periods and having coherence and meaning and corroboration. And from the Singh Sabha viewpoint? There isn't even one tuuk interpreted in such a way that it can credibly explain the opposite meaning in another tuuk, so they throw out what doesn't fit by labelling "mythology," "metaphor," or ignore outright and pretend not to notice.

Sikh80 writes: "Should I be governed by Vaaran!!
Or
just leave the things and do Simran......"
I don't find anything in vaaran which contradicts the sanatan viewpoint. Bhai Gurdas Ji was a Sanskrit scholar. But you have made an excellent point, because often when I have spoken to certain people about controversial subjects, they ease themselves by accusing that intellectualism is manmukh and I shouldn't waste time better used doing Simran.

We have to acknowledge one of the reasons people don't question, don't research is because there is a prevailing culture of anti-intellectualism which stifles dissent however sincere. On a forum, we can readily see arguments intended to shut down a conversation, but it does speak to incidents in our lives where the sangat cannot handle the questions without feeling personally threatened and make personal attack against the spiritual qualities of the questioner.

So it brings up an excellent point. Is Sikhism intended to be anti-intellectualism which silences any questions or discourages study? Or has Sikhism evolved to the point where only certain types of questions and study are discouraged? You see it goes to the issue of whether Sikhs are supposed to just jap Naam, even if they don't really know what Naam is.

Sikh80 writes:
Yes namjap ji,Har Harey! is the Name of Hindu God. It was the compulsion of the time that Guru Sahib had to incorporate these terms. Har Haray! would be taken as Shiva. Har Har Mahadev, is also, generally, meant for addressing Lord Shiva only. I do not know that you want to convey.
This also is a very material point because people aren't answering WHY the Naams for God are given as names of Hindu devas and avtaaras. So we have established that Gurbani clarifies we should not worship the physical form of avtaaras, but the One nirguna pervading within. This doesn't explain why Gurbani also praises the das avtaara and unmistakably calls them God.

So Gurbani alone is showing that the Singh Sabha definitions of what Sikh's believe God is, contradicts Gurbani. So if we are unclear what is Naam, and why is sarguna of God called Raam Chandra and Hari Krishna, and why this somehow means "we should blindly believe Sikhism is a kind of monotheism like Christianity," that "it has no relationship to Hinduism at all, because Sikhism is a different religion,"...is just too much to swallow.

If the Vaishnava bhakti movement teaches that japping the Naams of God as these avtaaras is the boat of mukti and being a brahminical scholar is NOT of itself a path to mukti, why when Guruji says the same thing, do we stretch our minds to imagine Guruji is somehow speaking AGAINST Hindu religion? Vaishnava Vedanta taught the same thing even before Guruji wrote and compiled Gurbani. How can we deny the historical references that every form of Guruji came from Hindu families and married within the same caste? Why in Bachitra Natak, does Guru Gobind Singh Ji claim lineal descent from Lava and Guru Nanak Dev Ji descent from Kusha, both sons of Rama Chandra? How can we ignore the bhagat bani shares nothing of Islamic philosophy, and those bhagats were either Vaishnavas or Sufi's influenced by Vaishnavist teaching? Vaishnavism, referring to that school of sanatana Dharma which elevates the Vishnu avataaras as the sargun manifestation of the One Supreme nirguna.

We've already clarified the use of term Hindu in Gurbani relates to brahminical ritualistic worship, and that Gurbani itself elevates the Vaishnav to a Gurmukh. So if modernly, we lump Vaishnav together with brahminical Hindu, we ourselves have distorted the words of Gurbani. And if we did not do this deliberately, but were taught this, or translations made this acceptable, then we have to turn our eyes to Singh Sabha movement.

ਕਿਸਨ ਲੈਆ ਅਵਤਾਰੁ ਜਗਿ ਮਹਮਾ ਦਸਮ ਸਕੰਧੁ ਵਖਾਣੈ ।
kisan|aiaa avataaru jagi mahamaa dasam sakandhu vakhaanai|
The tenth chapter of the Bhagavat defines the glory of incarnation of Krsna in the world.

ਲੀਲਾ ਚਲਤ ਅਚਰਜ ਕਰਿ ਜੋਗੁ ਭੋਗੁ ਰਸ ਰਲੀਆ ਮਾਣੈ ।
leelaa chalat acharaj kari jogu bhogu ras raleeaa maanai|
He performed many wonderful acts of bhog (merriment) and yoga (renunciation).

ਮਹਾ ਭਾਰਥੁ ਕਰਵਾਇਓਨੁ ਕੈਰੋ ਪਾਂਡੋ ਕਰਿ ਹੈਰਾਣੈ ।
mahaa bhaaradu karavaaiaonu kairo paando kari hairaanai|
Making Kauravs (sons of Dhrttrastr) and Pandays to fight against each other he further made them wonder struck.

ਇੰਦ੍ਰਾਦਿਕ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾਦਿਕਾ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਮਿਤਿ ਮਿਰਜਾਦ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ।
indraadik brahamaadikaa mahimaa miti mirajaad n jaanai|
Indr and Brahma et al. donot know the limits of his grandeur.
~Vaar 23 Pauri 9 of Vaaran Bhai Gurdas Ji

Why is no one able to address what Bhai Gurdas Ji is implying in this vaaran, because it has profound implications as to the definition of sarguna according to Sikh philosophy and has direct bearing on the Naam. And not only is it some isolated vaaran, but this kind of description also appears in Gurbani as well.

ਸਤਿ ਸਾਚੁ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ਆਦਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸਦਾ ਤੁਹੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥੮॥
sath saach sree nivaas aadh purakh sadhaa thuhee vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||3||8||
You are forever True, the Home of Excellence, the Primal Supreme Being. Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o. ||3||8||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਬਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
sathiguroo sathiguroo sathigur gubindh jeeo ||
The True Guru, the True Guru, the True Guru is the Lord of the Universe Himself.

ਬਲਿਹਿ ਛਲਨ ਸਬਲ ਮਲਨ ਭਗ੍ਤਿ ਫਲਨ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕੁਅਰ ਨਿਹਕਲੰਕ ਬਜੀ ਡੰਕ ਚੜ੍ਹੂ ਦਲ ਰਵਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
balihi shhalan sabal malan bhagio falan kaanh kuar nihakalank bajee ddank charrhoo dhal ravindh jeeo ||
Enticer of Baliraja, who smothers the mighty, and fulfills the devotees; the Prince Krishna, and Kalki; the thunder of His army and the beat of His drum echoes across the Universe.

ਰਾਮ ਰਵਣ ਦੁਰਤ ਦਵਣ ਸਕਲ ਭਵਣ ਕੁਸਲ ਕਰਣ ਸਰਬ ਭੂਤ ਆਪਿ ਹੀ ਦੇਵਾਧਿ ਦੇਵ ਸਹਸ ਮੁਖ ਫਨਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
raam ravan dhurath dhavan sakal bhavan kusal karan sarab bhooth aap hee dhaevaadhh dhaev sehas mukh fanindh jeeo ||
The Lord of contemplation, Destroyer of sin, who brings pleasure to the beings of all realms, He Himself is the God of gods, Divinity of the divine, the thousand-headed king cobra.

ਜਰਮ ਕਰਮ ਮਛ ਕਛ ਹੁਅ ਬਰਾਹ ਜਮੁਨਾ ਕੈ ਕੂਲਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਖੇਲਿਓ ਜਿਨਿ ਗਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
jaram karam mashh kashh hua baraah jamunaa kai kool khael khaeliou jin gindh jeeo ||
He took birth in the Incarnations of the Fish, Tortoise and Wild Boar, and played His part. He played games on the banks of the Jamunaa River.

ਨਾਮੁ ਸਾਰੁ ਹੀਏ ਧਾਰੁ ਤਜੁ ਬਿਕਾਰੁ ਮਨ ਗਯੰਦ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਗੁਬਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੯॥
naam saar heeeae dhhaar thaj bikaar man gayandh sathiguroo sathiguroo sathigur gubindh jeeo ||4||9||
Enshrine this most excellent Name within your heart, and renounce the wickedness of the mind, O Gayand the True Guru, the True Guru, the True Guru is the Lord of the Universe Himself. ||4||9||
~SGGS Ji p. 1403

These teachings go completely against the Singh Sabha world-view which denies possibility of God incarnating in sargun form, per SGPC Rehit Maryada, and leaves everybody scrambling to explain away such pauris and vaaran. But the sanatan viewpoint has no contradiction at any place, despite numerous pauris and tuuks of Gurbani which say the same things, and moreover, by some incredible feat of statistical probability, these complex ideas even corroborate verses in Upanishads and Bhagavatum.

So either we are left with a logical improbability and more questions then we started with, or the sanatan view is the correct interpretation, Gurbani is acknowledging the Vishnu avtaaras as being the sargun manifestation of the All-Pervading, and the Naam we jap is also related to the Vaishnav mantras. And such would also explain this vaaran:

ਸਤਿਜੁਗਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਸਦੇਵ ਵਵਾ ਵਿਸਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।
satijugi satigur vaasadayv vavaa visanaa naamu japaavai|
In Satyug, Visnu in the form of Vasudev is said to have incarnated and ‘V’ Of Vahiguru reminds of Visnu.

ਦੁਆਪਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਹਾਹਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।
duaapari satigur haree krisan haahaa hari hari naamu japaavai|
The true Guru of dvapar is said to be Harikrsna and ‘H’ of Vahiguru reminds of Hari.

ਤੇਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਰਾਮ ਜੀ ਰਾਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਜਪੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ।
taytay satigur raam jee raaraa raam japay sukhu paavai|
In the the treta was Ram and ‘R’ of Vahiguru tells that rembering Ram will produce joy and happiness.

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗਗਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਲਾਵੈ ।
kalijugi naanak gur gobind gagaa gobind naamu alaavai|
In kalijug, Gobind is in the form of Nanak and ‘G’ of Vahiguru gets Govind recited.

ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਵੈ ।
chaaray jaagay chahu jugee panchaain vichi jaai samaavai|
The recitations o f all the four ages subsume in Panchayan i.e. in the soul of the common man.

ਚਾਰੋ ਅਛਰ ਇਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਜਪੁ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।
chaaro achhar iku kari vaahaguroo japu mantr japaavai|
When joining four letters Vahiguru is remembered,

ਜਹਾ ਤੇ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਫਿਰਿ ਤਹਾ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥੪੯॥੧॥
jahaa tay upajiaa dhiri tahaa samaavai ॥49॥1॥
The jiv merges again in its origin.
~Vaar 1 Pauri 49 of Vaaran Bhai Gurdas Ji

So logically, when people tell us to silence our doubts and go jap Naam Gurmantra, it only reinforces the logical explanation, Sikhism is a form of Vaishnavism, meaning Sikh monotheism is based on Vishnu avataars.

So the pretended isolationism, separate nationhood and rejection of everything Hindu becomes silly. I mean, at least Buddhists created a new name for their avataars, calling them "buddhas." Sikhism doesn't even do this, yet expects everyone to believe Sikhism isn't even "derivative" from Hinduism, but some entirely new thing. It's unprecedented intellectual deceit. No one can credibly believe it.

Yes, Gurbani says clearly to jap and sing kirtan of praise of the Naam is boat of mukti. Yes, Gurbani says to memorize and recite and read all the scriptures will get you nowhere. So we see Gurbani is saying don't mix up the message for the method.

ਨਾਨਾ ਖਿਆਨ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਬੇਦ ਬਿਧਿ ਚਉਤੀਸ ਅਖਰ ਮਾਂਹੀ ॥
naanaa khiaan puraan baedh bidhh chouthees akhar maanhee ||
The various Shaastras, Puranaas, and the Vedas of Brahma, are made up of thirty-four letters.

ਬਿਆਸ ਬਿਚਾਰਿ ਕਹਿਓ ਪਰਮਾਰਥੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ॥੨॥
biaas bichaar kehiou paramaarathh raam naam sar naahee ||2||
After deep contemplation, Vyaas spoke of the supreme objective; there is nothing equal to the Lord's Name. ||2||
~SGGS Ji p. 658​

Nowhere does Gurbani say Hindu scriptures are worthless to a Sikh, as does Singh Sabha reform. And such a viewpoint would contradict the known history that Guruji had Sanskrit scholars and pandits teaching his own household and future forms of Guru, as well as translating these scriptures into Punjabi for His Sikhs. If they are worthless, why go to such efforts? I am of the conclusion that anti-intellecualism within Sikhism is a by-product of Singh Sabha reform institutions desiring Sikhs NOT to question and uncover these political deceits. Because it is acknowledged that mukti is dependant on bhakti and Guru's grace, not intellectualism. Yet, Guruji gave Gurmukhi to the people. Why? Because he wanted His Sikhs to become literate and learned. Without understanding the Sanskrit terms used in Gurbani, how could anyone ever understand the concept of Turiya as necessary for mukti? It must be given through grace of Satguru, but without even knowing such concept is in Gurbani, how many Sikhs would discover to find? Vedas take you only so far, and Guruji and Naam have to take you all the way. But without standing on the platform of reasonable understanding of what Naam even is, people will begin to interpret Gurbani as mythologies and rejection and denial of these very concepts because they are rooted in Hindu philosophy and miss the boat completely.

ਚਾਰੇ ਬੇਦ ਕਥਹਿ ਆਕਾਰੁ ॥
chaarae baedh kathhehi aakaar ||
The four Vedas speak only of the visible forms.

ਤੀਨਿ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਕਹਹਿ ਵਖਿਆਨੁ ॥
theen avasathhaa kehehi vakhiaan ||
They describe and explain the three states of mind,

ਤੁਰੀਆਵਸਥਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਜਾਨੁ ॥੧॥
thureeaavasathhaa sathigur thae har jaan ||1||
but the fourth state, union with the Lord, is known only through the True Guru. ||1||
~SGGS Ji p. 154

It is thus determinable here, the Guru's attitude towards the Smrti texts as indirectly divine teachings where Dharma is rooted. Sikh texts too gave instructions to the Sikhs to observe the sacred texts of Hindus as their own. Bhai Kesar Singh Chibbar's Bamsavali Nama Dasam Patsahiam Ka [14.88-90] says:
“This way the Muslims killed lacs of Sikhs, looted the Sikhs and defiled them from Dharam. Say Sikhs! What good deeds have the Muslims earned? Even if (after) seeing and hearing this, no Sikh understands, may Dharamraj fear from this kind of indiscrimination. Each person's deeds will go with them. Our Dharam and their honesty will show beauty. We Sikhs (must) study Gurbani, the Ved-Shastras and the Purans, and those Muslims (are to) perform circumcision, (Ramadan) fasts and study the Qu'ran. Everyone shall reap the fruits of their actions. Those who do bad will lose and those who do good will win."

In the Sau Sakhi text, the Sikh is instructed to, "Take upon (himself) the Ved, Sastra and the Guru's word." Page 1243 of the Adi Granth insists that, "The Veda describes the good (punu) and sinful (papu) deeds, the cause of heaven and hell." The question of identity arises with the Gurus. Had the Gurus rejected their Hinduness if at all they did set up a distinct religious system? Allegories offer an answer to this:
At the age of 38 years, Guru Nanak went to bathe in a nearby river and disappeared for three days. News had dissipated that Nanak had drowned but the Janam Sakhis maintain that Baba Nanak had been taken to Vaikunha, the abode of the 'Almighty' Visnu to meet Him and to receive His instructions. Three days later, when Nanak reappeared a conglomerate of people congregated to whom he uttered as is found in the B40 Janam Sakhi, "There is no Hindu, there is no Musalman." It is suggested that by this proclamation Sikhism was formed yet as far as I am aware, there is no explicit indication of this in any of the Sikh texts. Even if the Guru had claimed that the Sikh panth had started for 'Sikhism' would have been absent in his vocabulary, then as we have seen, it was simply a panth of Dharma. I refrain at this point from offering an explanation for Baba Nanak's "Na koi Hindu, na koi Musalman" as it becomes self-evident further on.

In Mecca, the religious city of Islam in which non-Muslims are forbidden to enter, Baba Nanak was asked to identify himself to which he answered, "(If I) say (I) am a Hindu, (you will) kill (me, but) I am not a Muslim; a puppet (made) of five elements, Nanak is my name." Nanak here does not identify himself as a Muslim; he was neither born of Muslim parents, nor did he accept the fundamental tenets of Islam. Yet he hasn't affirmed that he is not a Hindu

The 15th Sakhi of the Adi Sakhian, tells that:
"Guru Nanak visited the wasteland of Mecca. On the way, he met some Fakirs who asked him, "What is your name?" The Baba (Nanak) said, "Sirs! My name is Nanak." Then they said, "Are (you) a Hindu or Musalman?" Baba (Nanak) replied, "Sirs! (I) am Hindu." (When) Baba (Nanak) said (this), they stood aside. Then they said, "Nanak! This path is not for the Hindus." Baba Nanak said, "Why Sirs! Why is this path not for the Hindus?" Then they said, "In this country is the reign of the Sayyids . They kill the Hindus; they don't let them go."

Bhai Mani Singh provides an account in his Pothi Janam Sakhi of the Guru's trip to Afghanistan:
"Then Baba ji and Mardana and Bala, wandering around arrived (in) Kabul (at) the place of Asa Devi then on hearing Baba ji's name, many Pirs (=Muslim old men/saints) and Fakirs and Sardars that were there, came and on coming, said, "You are a Hindu Fakir and this land is of the Musalmans. So tread carefully." Then Baba (Nanak) said, "the light of the Divine is one in all, and that which is the body...so to this body, performing circumcision (=sunnat) calls (one) a Musalman, and wearing the sacred thread and the frontal mark (=tilak) calls (one) a Hindu but I/we are the witness of this body."

The Guru again utters as above, "(If I) say (I) am a Hindu, (you) will kill (me)...." We find that the inhabitants of Kabul already know of Nanak and that he is a Hindu. The soul is thought of as the witness of the body, thus the Guru here identifies himself with the soul. This therefore makes sense of 'Na koi Hindu, na koi Musalman' for in essence atman has no labels. The same was the attitude in devotionalism towards caste.

Even as late as the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur, Emperor Aurangzeb offered the ninth Guru the option to accept Islam or death. Bhai Santokh Singh in his text, the Guru Pratap Suraj 12.64.34-35, composed in 1843 CE describes what was said by the Guru before refusing to accept Islam and thus death:

"Hearing this, the hero Sri Tegh Bahadur in fulfilling his Dharma gave the answer, 'My Dharma (is) Hindu, (It is) so dear (to me) how can I leave it. In (this) world (and) the other it is the giver of happiness. (There is) no other like it (which can) be accepted. That impure and foolish minded individual (who thinks of) abandoning it, he is undoubtedly wicked. This type of person experiences extreme grief in this world and by giving punishment (to him), Yamaraja is not even satisfied. I am good-minded, why (should I) leave it? (I) am forever devoted to the protection (of) Dharma."
http://geocities.com/hindutatva/sikh_hindu.html
So there is an existing historical source which shows Sikh Guruji did not die to protect Tilak mark of Hindus, but to defend the Dharam of His own tilak mark, which explains the appearance of tilak mark on Guru in Gurbani.

ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਸੋਢੀ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਦੀਆ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਚੁ ਨੀਸਾਣੁ ਜੀਉ ॥੫॥
raamadhaas sodtee thilak dheeaa gur sabadh sach neesaan jeeo ||5||
The Guru then blessed the Sodhi Ram Das with the ceremonial tilak mark, the insignia of the True Word of the Shabad. ||5||
~SGGS Ji p. 923​

Or that Gurbani also describes the Gurmukh as wearing tilak mark.

ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਸਾਧ ਕੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਗਤੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਿਓ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
gur oupadhaes saadhh kee sangath bhagath bhagath thaa ko naam pariou ||1|| rehaao ||
Whoever follows the Guru's Teachings and joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is called the most devoted of the devotees. ||1||Pause||

ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਬਿਰਾਜਿਤ ਦੇਖਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪੁ ਜਮੁ ਡਰਿਓ ॥
sankh chakr maalaa thilak biraajith dhaekh prathaap jam ddariou ||
He is adorned with the conch, the chakra, the mala and the ceremonial tilak mark on his forehead; gazing upon his radiant glory, the Messenger of Death is scared away.

ਨਿਰਭਉ ਭਏ ਰਾਮ ਬਲ ਗਰਜਿਤ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਸੰਤਾਪ ਹਿਰਿਓ ॥੨॥
nirabho bheae raam bal garajith janam maran santhaap hiriou ||2||
He becomes fearless, and the power of the Lord thunders through him; the pains of birth and death are taken away. ||2||
~SGGS Ji p. 1105​

ਤਿਲਕ ਜੰਵੂ ਰਾਖਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਾ ਕਾ ॥ ਕੀਨੋ ਬਡੋ ਕਲੂ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਕਾ ॥
He protected the forehead mark and sacred thread which marked a great event in the Iron age.

ਸਾਧਨ ਹੇਤਿ ਇਤੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਰੀ ॥ ਸੀਸੁ ਦੀਆ ਪਰ ਸੀ ਨ ਉਚਰੀ ॥੧੩॥
For the sake of saints, he laid down his head without even a sign.13.

ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤਿ ਸਾਕਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਆ ॥ ਸੀਸੁ ਦੀਆ ਪਰ ਸਿਰਰੁ ਨ ਦੀਆ ॥
For the sake of Dharma, he sacrificed himself. He laid down his head but not his creed.
~Shri Dasam Granth p. 131​

~Bhul chak maaf

Nov 16, 2007
I don't have time to read this whole thread now, but I will try to say something I came across while running through long posts.
sikh80 ji,
Ahmadiya jamat of muslims firmly believe Guru Nanak was muslim and hence all sikhs are muslims. They even come up with proofs to convince the listeners.
What they forget is Guru Nanak himself gave gurgaddi to Bhai Lehna infront of all the followers.
Similarly there are some shias, who are convinced that Guru Nanak was a muslim and amrit ceremony is borrowed from one sect of shias. They will too come up with all kind of historical proofs.
Hindus started same effort through Arya Samaj. But Dayanand made a mistake and badmouthed Satguru Nanak in Arya Samaj book. But don't worry. RSS is here and doing their best to prove that sikhs are sect of hindus.
Beauty of Guru Granth is that by including bani from hindu and muslims, fifth master showed that God can be reached even while living in different sharias (religious rules). Guru Sahib never said Rama and other hindu lesser gods never existed, but as a sikh we don't need to worship them. But due to presence of hindu (vaishnav and others) and muslim terms in gurbani, lot of sikhs can get confused and reach at conclusion that sikhism is offshoot of hinduism or islam.
I came acroos a flyer from South African Hindu priest, who was trying to prove that kaba was in reality vishnu temple. He was also claiming that kaba contains a writing on wall praising one of ancient hindu king (Vikramditya). They have similaraties like fasting, pilgrimage, stone worshipping(in mecca only etc. Hence islam is offshoot of hinduism.
You don't have to be rocket scientist to know hindus and sikhs are different. Goto any sikh household and then goto any hindu household. Clearly hindus pray to lesser gods and sikhs bow to shabad guru. Sikh gurudwara has Guru Granth and everybody bow to shabad guru. Hindu temple has Ram, Vishnu, Shivling etc and pujaris worship them.
Allah is also praised in gurbani and as per latest development in Malaysia, Allah name is reserved for muslim god only. So if Guru Granth contains praise of Allah, sikhism becomes offshoot of islam?
Followers of Sacha Sauda Sirsa also try to prove that their alleged rapist guru is praised in Gurbani (sant sajan bhaye s{censored} puray gur te jani). Hence Sacha Sauda is real sikhism and ram rahim is next guru in lineage?
Harjas ji,
you went one step ahead and trying to prove like a smart lawyer that sikhs don't believe in one God, but in all the hindu gods. Ten gurus and generations of generations of sikhs passed and everybody was just believing it wrong. You are stating now that sikhism does not believe in 'One God'. Good, we have 330000000 more gods to worship. You are posting lot of material from upnishads and vedas, which are few milleniums old and nobody has a clue about amount of interpolations. I dont want to say anything about dasam granth as it is a totally separate subject.
Harjas ji, you read upnishads, vedas, dasam granth and many more books, but you forgot what Guru Sahib wrote as first word in Guru Granth. There is only one creator Lord.

Nov 16, 2007
And when Kalki avataar comes, we will follow HIm. Because Gurbani has shown us Guruji Himself will be the Kalki avataar.
Harjas ji,
If you have shabad guru, you don't need any fictional character like kalki. Christians wait for jesus, shias for mahdi, hindus for kalki. Harjas ji, nobody is coming. Lord is already here in our hearts. Follow Guru Granth with heart. Find Lord with bhay and bhau for Lord in your heart, fictional futuristic chacaters like jesus, mahdi or kalki are not going to save anybody just like that.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Harjas ji,
you went one step ahead and trying to prove like a smart lawyer that.............

Lalihayer Ji,

Refrain from making statements amounting to personal attack on any member.
Kindly observe Forum Rules.

1. Respect: Treat all members with the kind of respect that you expect from them in return for yourself.

2. Unity in Diversity: Many members on SPN, come from various religious and cultural backgrounds and may have variable conflicting opinions. Religion and Philosophy are general but unique for each person's understanding and progress. If you disagree, simply accept the difference and ask for information you may not know. Un-necessary bragging, trash talk, childish arguements only take us away from the topic in hand. Please avoid them at any cost.

3. Blaming: Avoid blaming others. Seeing someone's fault is easier than your own fault.

3A. Respond or discuss the issue, but not the member who posted it.

4. Negativity: Members found spreading negativity will be encouraged to leave the network.

Nov 16, 2007
There is another poster 'narkalee'. He should learn from Harjas ji how to do it? narkalee just comes and spills all the hate for gurmat.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Lalihayer Ji,

Refrain from making statements amounting to personal attack on any member.
Kindly observe Forum Rules.

1. Respect: Treat all members with the kind of respect that you expect from them in return for yourself.

2. Unity in Diversity: Many members on SPN, come from various religious and cultural backgrounds and may have variable conflicting opinions. Religion and Philosophy are general but unique for each person's understanding and progress. If you disagree, simply accept the difference and ask for information you may not know. Un-necessary bragging, trash talk, childish arguements only take us away from the topic in hand. Please avoid them at any cost.

3. Blaming: Avoid blaming others. Seeing someone's fault is easier than your own fault.

3A. Respond or discuss the issue, but not the member who posted it.

4. Negativity: Members found spreading negativity will be encouraged to leave the network.

Respected namjap ji,

There is nothing in Lalihayer ji's post that shows any disrespect to anyone. In discussion, we are all lawyers protecting our stand.

I have been addressed so many times by other members in a manner that should not have been done and I might have also done the same in light and respectful manner.
But then it all happens. In discussion these things do happen and this one was perfectly normal post.
I have almost been stated as 'Pugh wala Hindu' and have also been advised to remain Hindu or practice the same. ,if I so wish.

There is nothing that should be treated as provoking if I am advised so during the discussion that is sensitive in nature. May be the topic of the thread needs consideration.

In fact,to me, the posts of lali ji seems be a normal response to a stimuli.

Thanks for your concern though.

Regards!!

LORD as per commentary on Gita: Definition

The Self being the same everywhere, the Atman that rules my world is
the Atman that rules the worlds of all individuals. The entire universe
is the sum total of the worlds of experience of each individual, and
evidently,the 'ruler' that governs the entire Universe must necessarily
be the Absolute Self Itself. The term 'the Lord of the worlds' is to be
rightly understood thus. The Lord is not a "tyrant over life" or
"a Sultan of the skies", or an "Autocrat who rules over our world". The
Self is the Lord of our experiences, just as the Sun, in the same
fashion, is the Lord of our daytime world.

Lord may be understood as the "Law" behind the world-of- plurality and
all the happenings therein.

As per bani also Lord/Creator is a soul or vice versa.
[ I miss the Tuk, but shall locate and post]
sBu Awqm rwmu pswirAw gur buiD bIcwrI ]9] (589-18, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)
1.The Lord, the Supreme Soul, is pervading everywhere; reflect upon the wisdom of the Guru's Teachings. ||9||[/FONT]

nwnk Awqm rwmu sbwieAw gur siqgur AlKu lKwieAw ]15]5]22] (1043-15, mwrU, mÚ 1)
2.O Nanak, the Lord, the Supreme Soul, is in all. The Guru, the True Guru, has inspired me to see the unseen Lord. ||15||5||22||[/FONT]

ਆਤਮ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਆਤਮ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ਹੇ ॥੭॥
आतम रामु रामु है आतम हरि पाईऐ सबदि वीचारा हे ॥७॥
Āṯam rām rām hai āṯam har pā*ī*ai sabaḏ vīcẖārā hė. ||7||
The soul is the Lord, and the Lord is the soul; contemplating the Shabad, the Lord is found. ||7||

May be there are other tuks as well.I shall be posting them here as well.

I have given this as it has clarified few things to me. May be it is helpful to other members also. I find no better definition Of God than this one.At least some clarification.

Regards again!
Dear namjap ji
{ So far as I am concerned the discussion is not much meaningful as the queries are not responded to by learned members and further I would not like to make out the things based on Vaaran only.It is my stand.I do post only if prompted .I shall ,from now on, not post suo moto in this thread..]

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
It would be better to re-phrase your comments and continue your discussions.

Feb 14, 2006
Hindus started same effort through Arya Samaj. But Dayanand made a mistake and badmouthed Satguru Nanak in Arya Samaj book. But don't worry. RSS is here and doing their best to prove that sikhs are sect of hindus.
To the best of my knowledge, neither I myself, nor Sikh80 Ji is a member of RSS. And as many times as I publically bashed RSS over the Gujarat riots and praised independant Khalistan, I hardly doubt they would accept me. No doubt they probably think I am a spy from you guys trying to infiltrate them. :wink: As far as I can see Vijaydeep Singh isn't even a part of this discussion, and he is the only RSS forum member I know. And I am certain we disagree on many points presented. Think for a moment how propagandistic it is, what a knee-jerk reaction it is, to always label as Indian government agent, RSS agent. Not only propagandistic, it's childish. It doesn't intelligently address any of the inconsistencies, issues or concerns in any credible or historical way, just lays blanket fear of ostracism, in form of a label, to segregate a writer with a certain viewpoint as wholly negative in the eyes of others.

By the way, it was the same people involved with Singh Sabha who had asked Arya Samaj to come to Punjab, not the British, in an effort to unite Hindus in a movement against the British occupation. So they supported Arya Samaj because they were against idols. But Arya Samaji's turned on them, perhaps with British influence in form of spies fomenting conflicts, so the desired unification between non-idol worshipping Hindus and Tat Khalsa Sikhs never took place.

Guru Sahib never said Rama and other hindu lesser gods never existed, but as a Sikh we don't need to worship them. But due to presence of hindu (vaishnav and others) and muslim terms in gurbani, lot of sikhs can get confused and reach at conclusion that Sikhism is offshoot of hinduism or islam.
Use of Muslim words is not the same as use of Muslim concepts. Nowhere in Gurbani is there adoption of Islamic religious world-view or spiritual concepts. However, the same cannot be said of Vaishnav concepts. I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why the Naam we jap is after names of Vishnu avataars. Because this is the very definition of spiritual practice leading to mukti according to Vaishnavism. Note, I did not say same use of the word, I said same exact identical complex philisophical concept.

Explain this please, as an accidental oversight.

And explain please, exactly which independant concepts distinguish Sikh religion from Vaishnavism. Because it isn't an issue of finding Sanskrit words and jumping to a conclusion. It is a study in which you cannot even distinguish one set of teachings as different from another. And it is on this basis that I have to conclude, Sikhism is just a sect within a larger Vaishnav framework, and to smaller degree Shaivite Nath framework. It has no independant philosophy. And by framework I mean complex spiritual philosophy, not merely adoption of terms.

I came acroos a flyer from South African Hindu priest, who was trying to prove that kaba was in reality vishnu temple. He was also claiming that kaba contains a writing on wall praising one of ancient hindu king (Vikramditya). They have similaraties like fasting, pilgrimage, stone worshipping(in mecca only etc. Hence islam is offshoot of hinduism.
I would have to research that. It doesn't sound far-fetched. There are pyramids in South America. And there are Hindu-like teachings among the native Americans. But I realize you included this example as something ludicrous being compared to Hindu religion. Yet the Vedantic concepts and teachings found in Gurbani are not far-fetched or ludicrous at all. Not even your example about the kaaba being a Shivalingum is so far-fetched. The entire history of Islam was the destruction of temples of other religions.

You don't have to be rocket scientist to know hindus and sikhs are different. Goto any Sikh household and then goto any hindu household. Clearly hindus pray to lesser gods and sikhs bow to shabad guru. Sikh gurudwara has Guru Granth and everybody bow to shabad guru. Hindu temple has Ram, Vishnu, Shivling etc and pujaris worship them.
Well lets see, Hindu's bow to Gurus too. In fact the entire concept of Guru-shishya originated with Hindu religion. The Vedas predicted Guru Nanak and 10 forms which would end in a silent Guru, taken to mean Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Now, if this was even predicted in the Vedas, why would it be a comparative difference?

Arya Samaji's don't have idols. Are they not Hindus?

Gurbani praises the One All-pervading God as Ram and Shiva, and after names of Vishnu avataars.

Vaishnavs don't accept prayers to demi-gods as a way to obtain mukti, so they only pray to Maha-Vishnu (the All-pervading) and the Vishnu avataars. Does this mean they are not Hindu since other Hindus pray and do pujas to demi-gods?

We know after Singh Sabha took political control of Sikhism, developments such as Khalsa Schools of the Diwan Society and Gurdwara Reform movement made deliberate changes into the practices of Sikhs. We also know they removed idols from Gurdwaras, including Harmandir Sahib. So historically, prior to Singh Sabha changes, we have to admit idols and pictures of devtas and avtaaras, pujas and arti were in fact an established part of Sikh practice. Now it becomes interpretive if we accept these practices were the original intent of Sikh Satguru's (One Jyot in many forms), or whether Singh Sabha was correct. But apart from this, the simple fact that Hindu families married into Sikh families is because they were recognized as Hindus. It would not be tolerated in Hindu society to marry your child into a different religion. Non-Hindu's can't even go into certain Hindu temples. It would have been scandalous.

So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that modern Sikh leadership has fundamentally altered former association with Hindu practices in order to exaggerate the identity differences during the time of Singh Sabha reform and continuing to the present day. So what kind of credible argument or proof could this be?

Allah is also praised in gurbani and as per latest development in Malaysia, Allah name is reserved for muslim god only. So if Guru Granth contains praise of Allah, Sikhism becomes offshoot of islam?
Vaishnava sects began accepting Muslims as converts before Guru Nanak was born. Because there is an element within Vaishnav philosophy that is Dvaitist, certain schools of Vaishnavism incorporated Allah as a name for God before Guru Nanak was born. Does this mean that Vaishnava Vedanta converted to Islam? Or rather, this simply shows there was a movement involved within Vaishnavism trying to establish harmony between Hindus who were being slaughtered, and spiritual Muslims who were opposed to social injustices. The overlap of these traditions has come to us historically as Sufism. Sufi schools are on both ends of the spectrum with some being almost entirely Islamic, and others being outcast from the Islamic community for having pagan beliefs. And we even have a group like Kabir-panthis who consider themselves Vaishnavists.

Harjas ji, you read upnishads, vedas, dasam granth and many more books, but you forgot what Guru Sahib wrote as first word in Guru Granth. There is only one creator Lord.
Let's examine it correctly, since it doesn't say: "One Creator God."

"Ek Omkar."

Ek=One
Om = trimurti
kar = creator

You've left out the trimurti part. That's rather critical to establishment of a strict monotheism. Here let me help with the definition:

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸਾ ਸਭ ਓਪਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar brehamaa bisan mehaesaa sabh oupath jith sansaaraa ||
Within the body, are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, from whom the whole world emanated.
~SGGS Ji p. 754

"But what is praised is the Highest Brahman, and in it there is the triad. The Highest Brahman is the safe support, it is imperishable. The Brahma-students, when they have known what is within this (world), are devoted and merged in the Brahman, free from birth." ~Shwetasvatara Upanishad​

The three gunas are associated with the trimurti devas. And all materiality, including our bodies was made our of three gunas and the trimurti, according to Gurbani.

ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਆ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥
thrai gun keeaa pasaaraa ||
He formed the expanse of the entire universe from the three gunas, the three qualities.
~SGGS Ji p. 1003

The praise of the one All-pervading nirgun God comes from Vedas and Upanishads and Puranas. It isn't a philosophy unique to Guruji. Guruji is simply acknowledging it as Primal Truth. In fact the complexity of the teachings of nirguna and sarguna and three gunas and Maya and mukti also belong to Vedas and Upanishads and Puranas. So the fact that Nanakian spiritual philosophy is about these exact same teachings has nothing to do with confusion about words. This is beyond statistical probability of accident. It is deliberate, coherent doctrine. And it is Vedantic. Sikh spiritual philosophy is Vedantic.

Moreover, Gurbani acknowledges the nirguna gave Brahma, an aspect of the Trimurti, power of creation of the universe. And in true Vaishnav philosophy, Gurbani supports that Vishnu created Brahma. So the correct translation of the first words of Gurbani:

Ek Omkar.

Doesn't mean One Creator God, per Singh Sabha definitions. It means One Eko Brahman all-pervading and subsuming within itself the creation of the trimurti (Vishnu, Mahesh, Brahma), and from the trimurti creating the known universe. And within these few words is implicit that the everything created, including the trimurti, is made from the three gunas, rajo, tamo, sato, and the principle of Maya which gives rise to duality. So the very aspect of creation is separation from the One nirgun All-Pervading Parabrahm, bondage to the created order, and implication of need for mukti to return to the source which is Oneness.

And entire spiritual philosophy is contained within these few words, all of them in Gurbani, and all of them in Vedas, Upanishads and Puranas.

And NOWHERE, not in Vedanta nor in Gurbani do you find a monotheistic Abrahamic God as defined by Singh Sabha.

ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੇ ਸਿਵ ਸਕਤੀ ਕਾ ਮੇਲੁ ॥
jeh dhaekhaa theh rav rehae siv sakathee kaa mael ||
Wherever I look, I see the Lord pervading there, in the union of Shiva and Shakti, of consciousness and matter.

ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਬੰਧੀ ਦੇਹੁਰੀ ਜੋ ਆਇਆ ਜਗਿ ਸੋ ਖੇਲੁ ॥
thrihu gun bandhhee dhaehuree jo aaeiaa jag so khael ||
The three qualities hold the body in bondage; whoever comes into the world is subject to their play.
~SGGS Ji p. 21
Unmistakable pantheistic Oneness which pervades even the demi-gods.

You are stating now that Sikhism does not believ in 'One God'. Good, we have 330000000 more gods to worship.
I am not saying. Gurbani is saying 330 million are part of the One nirguna. And true to Vaishnav tradition, Gurbani doesn't say worship the demi-gods, those only go to deva-lokas, which are impermanent and do not know the limits of the nirguna. But Gurbani does praise the One All-pervading nirguna with Naams of the sargun Vishnu avtaars, and even praises the sargun Vishnu avataars directly, even saying Guruji Himself is an avataar in this lineage.

ਕਈ ਕੋਟਿ ਦੇਵ ਦਾਨਵ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਸਿਰਿ ਛਤ੍ਰ ॥
kee kott dhaev dhaanav eindhr sir shhathr ||
Many millions are the demi-gods, demons and Indras, under their regal canopies.

ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਅਪਨੈ ਸੂਤਿ ਧਾਰੈ ॥
sagal samagree apanai sooth dhhaarai ||
He has strung the entire creation upon His thread.
~SGGS Ji p. 276

ਕਈ ਕੋਟਿ ਹੋਏ ਅਵਤਾਰ ॥
kee kott hoeae avathaar ||
Many millions are the divine incarnations.

ਕਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਕੀਨੋ ਬਿਸਥਾਰ ॥
kee jugath keeno bisathhaar ||
In so many ways, He has unfolded Himself.

ਕਈ ਬਾਰ ਪਸਰਿਓ ਪਾਸਾਰ ॥
kee baar pasariou paasaar ||
So many times, He has expanded His expansion.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਇਕੁ ਏਕੰਕਾਰ ॥
sadhaa sadhaa eik eaekankaar ||
Forever and ever, He is the One, the One Universal Creator.

ਕਈ ਕੋਟਿ ਕੀਨੇ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤਿ ॥
kee kott keenae bahu bhaath ||
Many millions are created in various forms.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇ ਹੋਏ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਤਿ ॥
prabh thae hoeae prabh maahi samaath ||
From God they emanate, and into God they merge once again.

ਤਾ ਕਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
thaa kaa anth n jaanai koe ||
His limits are not known to anyone.
~SGGS Ji p. 276​

ਅਚੁਤ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ॥
achuth paarabreham paramaesur antharajaamee ||
The Supreme Lord God is imperishable, the Transcendent Lord, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts.

ਮਧੁਸੂਦਨ ਦਾਮੋਦਰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ॥
madhhusoodhan dhaamodhar suaamee ||
He is the Slayer of demons, our Supreme Lord and Master.

ਰਿਖੀਕੇਸ ਗੋਵਰਧਨ ਧਾਰੀ ਮੁਰਲੀ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਾ ॥੧॥
rikheekaes govaradhhan dhhaaree muralee manohar har rangaa ||1||
The Supreme Rishi, the Master of the sensory organs, the uplifter of mountains, the joyful Lord playing His enticing flute. ||1||

ਮੋਹਨ ਮਾਧਵ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ੍ਨ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ॥
mohan maadhhav kirasa muraarae ||
The Enticer of Hearts, the Lord of wealth, Krishna, the Enemy of ego.

ਜਗਦੀਸੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੇ ॥
jagadheesur har jeeo asur sanghaarae ||
The Lord of the Universe, the Dear Lord, the Destroyer of demons.

ਜਗਜੀਵਨ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਘਟ ਘਟ ਵਾਸੀ ਹੈ ਸੰਗਾ ॥੨॥
jagajeevan abinaasee thaakur ghatt ghatt vaasee hai sangaa ||2||
The Life of the World, our eternal and ever-stable Lord and Master dwells within each and every heart, and is always with us. ||2||

ਧਰਣੀਧਰ ਈਸ ਨਰਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥
dhharaneedhhar ees narasingh naaraaein ||
The Support of the Earth, the man-lion, the Supreme Lord God.

ਦਾੜਾ ਅਗ੍ਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮਿ ਧਰਾਇਣ ॥
dhaarraa agrae prithham dhharaaein ||
The Protector who tears apart demons with His teeth, the Upholder of the earth.

ਬਾਵਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਕਰਤੇ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਸੇਤੀ ਹੈ ਚੰਗਾ ॥੩॥
baavan roop keeaa thudhh karathae sabh hee saethee hai changaa ||3||
O Creator, You assumed the form of the pygmy to humble the demons; You are the Lord God of all. ||3||

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮਚੰਦ ਜਿਸੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖਿਆ ॥
sree raamachandh jis roop n raekhiaa ||
You are the Great Raam Chand, who has no form or feature.

ਬਨਵਾਲੀ ਚਕ੍ਰਪਾਣਿ ਦਰਸਿ ਅਨੂਪਿਆ ॥
banavaalee chakrapaan dharas anoopiaa ||
Adorned with flowers, holding the chakra in Your hand, Your form is incomparably beautiful.

ਸਹਸ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਹੈ ਸਹਸਾ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਸਭ ਹੈ ਮੰਗਾ ॥੪॥
sehas naethr moorath hai sehasaa eik dhaathaa sabh hai mangaa ||4||
You have thousands of eyes, and thousands of forms. You alone are the Giver, and all are beggars of You. ||4||

ਭਗਤਿ ਵਛਲੁ ਅਨਾਥਹ ਨਾਥੇ ॥
bhagath vashhal anaathheh naathhae ||
You are the Lover of Your devotees, the Master of the masterless.

ਗੋਪੀ ਨਾਥੁ ਸਗਲ ਹੈ ਸਾਥੇ ॥
gopee naathh sagal hai saathhae ||
The Lord and Master of the milk-maids, You are the companion of all.

ਬਾਸੁਦੇਵ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਦਾਤੇ ਬਰਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਕਉ ਗੁਣ ਅੰਗਾ ॥੫॥
baasudhaev niranjan dhaathae baran n saako gun angaa ||5||
O Lord, Immacuate Great Giver, I cannot describe even an iota of Your Glorious Virtues. ||5

ਮੁਕੰਦ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਖਮੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥
mukandh manohar lakhamee naaraaein ||
Liberator, Enticing Lord, Lord of Lakshmi, Supreme Lord God.

ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਲਜਾ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਉਧਾਰਣ ॥
dhropathee lajaa nivaar oudhhaaran ||
Savior of Dropadi's honor.

ਕਮਲਾਕੰਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਕੰਤੂਹਲ ਅਨਦ ਬਿਨੋਦੀ ਨਿਹਸੰਗਾ ॥੬॥
kamalaakanth karehi kanthoohal anadh binodhee nihasangaa ||6||
Lord of Maya, miracle-worker, absorbed in delightful play, unattached. ||6||

ਅਮੋਘ ਦਰਸਨ ਆਜੂਨੀ ਸੰਭਉ ॥
amogh dharasan aajoonee sanbho ||
The Blessed Vision of His Darshan is fruitful and rewarding; He is not born, He is self-existent.

ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਕਦੇ ਨਾਹੀ ਖਉ ॥
akaal moorath jis kadhae naahee kho ||
His form is undying; it is never destroyed.

ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਅਬਿਗਤ ਅਗੋਚਰ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤੁਝ ਹੀ ਹੈ ਲਗਾ ॥੭॥
abinaasee abigath agochar sabh kishh thujh hee hai lagaa ||7||
O imperishable, eternal, unfathomable Lord, everything is attached to You. ||7||

ਸ੍ਰੀਰੰਗ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਕੇ ਵਾਸੀ ॥
sreerang baikunth kae vaasee ||
The Lover of greatness, who dwells in heaven.

ਮਛੁ ਕਛੁ ਕੂਰਮੁ ਆਗਿਆ ਅਉਤਰਾਸੀ ॥
mashh kashh kooram aagiaa aoutharaasee ||
By the Pleasure of His Will, He took incarnation as the great fish and the tortoise.

ਕੇਸਵ ਚਲਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਨਿਰਾਲੇ ਕੀਤਾ ਲੋੜਹਿ ਸੋ ਹੋਇਗਾ ॥੮॥
kaesav chalath karehi niraalae keethaa lorrehi so hoeigaa ||8||
The Lord of beauteous hair, the Worker of miraculous deeds, whatever He wishes, comes to pass. ||8||

ਨਿਰਾਹਾਰੀ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥
niraahaaree niravair samaaeiaa ||
He is beyond need of any sustenance, free of hate and all-pervading.

ਧਾਰਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਚਤੁਰਭੁਜੁ ਕਹਾਇਆ ॥
dhhaar khael chathurabhuj kehaaeiaa ||
He has staged His play; He is called the four-armed Lord.

ਸਾਵਲ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਰੂਪ ਬਣਾਵਹਿ ਬੇਣੁ ਸੁਨਤ ਸਭ ਮੋਹੈਗਾ ॥੯॥
saaval sundhar roop banaavehi baen sunath sabh mohaigaa ||9||
He assumed the beautiful form of the blue-skinned Krishna; hearing His flute, all are fascinated and enticed. ||9||

ਬਨਮਾਲਾ ਬਿਭੂਖਨ ਕਮਲ ਨੈਨ ॥
banamaalaa bibhookhan kamal nain ||
He is adorned with garlands of flowers, with lotus eyes.

ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਮੁਕਟ ਬੈਨ ॥
sundhar kunddal mukatt bain ||
His ear-rings, crown and flute are so beautiful.

ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਾ ਸਾਰਥੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਾ ॥੧੦॥
sankh chakr gadhaa hai dhhaaree mehaa saarathhee sathasangaa ||10||
He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club; He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||

ਪੀਤ ਪੀਤੰਬਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਧਣੀ ॥
peeth peethanbar thribhavan dhhanee ||
The Lord of yellow robes, the Master of the three worlds.

ਜਗੰਨਾਥੁ ਗੋਪਾਲੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਭਣੀ ॥
jagannaathh gopaal mukh bhanee ||
The Lord of the Universe, the Lord of the world; with my mouth, I chant His Name.
~SGGS Ji p. 1082

~Bhul chak maaf karni ji

Feb 14, 2006
Thank you Namjap ji for being a good moderator, but for the record, while I can see resistence to the points I'm raising, I did not find anything in Lalihayer Ji's post which was offensive to me personally. In fact, he opened the door to a really good discussion.

And when Kalki avataar comes, we will follow HIm. Because Gurbani has shown us Guruji Himself will be the Kalki avataar.
Harjas ji,
If you have shabad guru, you don't need any fictional character like kalki. Christians wait for jesus, shias for mahdi, hindus for kalki. Harjas ji, nobody is coming. Lord is already here in our hearts. Follow Guru Granth with heart. Find Lord with bhay and bhau for Lord in your heart, fictional futuristic chacaters like jesus, mahdi or kalki are not going to save anybody just like that.
So if Kalki avataar is mentioned in Gurbani, and he is fictional, and Ram Chandra and Har Krishan avataars are mentioned in Gurbani, are they fictional also? And if they are fictional, why do Sikhs jap their Naams as boat of mukti? Why does Gurbani say the One All-pervading nirguna manifested in the sansaara through them?

Also, if avataaras are fictional and Gurbani says that Guru Nanak Dev Ji is an avataara, does that make Sikh Satguru Ji fictional as well by this logic?

And the answer is...NO! They are not fictional, though perhaps certain elements about them have been fictionalized in history, or symbolized to teach something meaningful.

Ram Chandra is real. Har Krishna is real. Guruji is real. And Kalki avataar is real. Otherwise, why do we even believe in Gurbani, let alone bow down to it?

As you say the One Lord is already in our hearts. But we don't realize Him in the sense of being God-realized, or having obtained the fourth state of Turiya consciousness. We have not had ascending of kundalini shakti to our sahasrara chakra to open the dasm duar and give us darshan of the God. And because we have not attained this liberation, simply to call your name as Sikh-disciple of Satguru doesn't mean you also aren't in darkness of Maya and duality. It is because the sansaara is in darkness of Maya and duality and in bondage to panj bhootas and defilements of mind that the nirguna in form of Guru, through age to age descends to be a Jyot that shines in darkness, to set eternal Dharma on it's seat again, and to be a boat of mukti, a salvation to liberate our atma with the One who is pervading within, Paramatma. Or do we just decide for ourselves which parts of Gurbani are true and which parts are pure fiction?

Otherwise, by this logic, why do we even need a Guru? We should be able to just save ourselves since we have God within. Shabad Guru has the Shabad-Jyot, but so did the other avataaras, and so will Kalki avataara.

ਹੁਕਮਿ ਉਪਾਏ ਦਸ ਅਉਤਾਰਾ ॥
hukam oupaaeae dhas aouthaaraa ||
By His Hukam, He created His ten incarnations,

ਦੇਵ ਦਾਨਵ ਅਗਣਤ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥
dhaev dhaanav aganath apaaraa ||
and the uncounted and infinite gods and devils.

ਮਾਨੈ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਸੁ ਦਰਗਹ ਪੈਝੈ ਸਾਚਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ਸਮਾਇਦਾ ॥੧੩॥
maanai hukam s dharageh paijhai saach milaae samaaeidhaa ||13||
Whoever obeys the Hukam of His Command, is robed with honor in the Court of the Lord; united with the Truth, He merges in the Lord. ||13||
~SGGS Ji p. 1037​

ਕਲਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਧੂ ਅੰਧਾਰੁ ਸਾ ਚੜਿਆ ਰੈ ਭਾਣੁ ॥
kal vich dhhoo andhhaar saa charriaa rai bhaan ||
In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, there was only pitch darkness. Then, He rose like the sun to illuminate the darkness.

ਸਤਹੁ ਖੇਤੁ ਜਮਾਇਓ ਸਤਹੁ ਛਾਵਾਣੁ ॥
sathahu khaeth jamaaeiou sathahu shhaavaan ||
He farms the field of Truth, and spreads out the canopy of Truth.

ਨਿਤ ਰਸੋਈ ਤੇਰੀਐ ਘਿਉ ਮੈਦਾ ਖਾਣੁ ॥
nith rasoee thaereeai ghio maidhaa khaan ||
Your kitchen always has ghee and flour to eat.

ਚਾਰੇ ਕੁੰਡਾਂ ਸੁਝੀਓਸੁ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥
chaarae kunddaan sujheeous man mehi sabadh paravaan ||
You understand the four corners of the universe; in your mind, the Word of the Shabad is approved and supreme.

ਆਵਾ ਗਉਣੁ ਨਿਵਾਰਿਓ ਕਰਿ ਨਦਰਿ ਨੀਸਾਣੁ ॥
aavaa goun nivaariou kar nadhar neesaan ||
You eliminate the comings and goings of reincarnation, and bestow the insignia of Your Glance of Grace.

ਅਉਤਰਿਆ ਅਉਤਾਰੁ ਲੈ ਸੋ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸੁਜਾਣੁ ॥
aouthariaa aouthaar lai so purakh sujaan ||
You are the Avataar, the Incarnation of the all-knowing Primal Lord.

ਝਖੜਿ ਵਾਉ ਨ ਡੋਲਈ ਪਰਬਤੁ ਮੇਰਾਣੁ ॥
jhakharr vaao n ddolee parabath maeraan ||
You are not pushed or shaken by the storm and the wind; you are like the Sumayr Mountain.

ਜਾਣੈ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜੀਅ ਕੀ ਜਾਣੀ ਹੂ ਜਾਣੁ ॥
jaanai birathhaa jeea kee jaanee hoo jaan ||
You know the inner state of the soul; You are the Knower of knowers.

ਕਿਆ ਸਾਲਾਹੀ ਸਚੇ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹ ਜਾਂ ਤੂ ਸੁਘੜੁ ਸੁਜਾਣੁ ॥
kiaa saalaahee sachae paathisaah jaan thoo sugharr sujaan ||
How can I praise You, O True Supreme King, when You are so wise and all-knowing?

ਦਾਨੁ ਜਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭਾਵਸੀ ਸੋ ਸਤੇ ਦਾਣੁ ॥
dhaan j sathigur bhaavasee so sathae dhaan ||
Those blessings granted by the Pleasure of the True Guru - please bless Satta with those gifts.

ਨਾਨਕ ਹੰਦਾ ਛਤ੍ਰੁ ਸਿਰਿ ਉਮਤਿ ਹੈਰਾਣੁ ॥
naanak handhaa shhathra sir oumath hairaan ||
Seeing Nanak's canopy waving over Your head, everyone was astonished.

ਸੋ ਟਿਕਾ ਸੋ ਬੈਹਣਾ ਸੋਈ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥
so ttikaa so baihanaa soee dheebaan ||
The same mark on the forehead, the same throne, and the same Royal Court.

ਪਿਯੂ ਦਾਦੇ ਜੇਵਿਹਾ ਪੋਤ੍ਰਾ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥੬॥
piyoo dhaadhae jaevihaa pothraa paravaan ||6||
Just like the father and grandfather, the son is approved. ||6||

ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਿਰਿਆ ਤਿਨੈ ਸਵਾਰਿਆ ॥
dhhann dhhann raamadhaas gur jin siriaa thinai savaariaa ||
Blessed, blessed is Guru Raam Daas; He who created You, has also exalted You.

ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਈ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੈ ਧਾਰਿਆ ॥
pooree hoee karaamaath aap sirajanehaarai dhhaariaa ||
Perfect is Your miracle; the Creator Lord Himself has installed You on the throne.

ਸਿਖੀ ਅਤੈ ਸੰਗਤੀ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਿਆ ॥
sikhee athai sangathee paarabreham kar namasakaariaa ||
The Sikhs and all the Congregation recognize You as the Supreme Lord God, and bow down to You.
~SGGS Ji p. 968​

ਬਲਿਹਿ ਛਲਨ ਸਬਲ ਮਲਨ ਭਗ੍ਤਿ ਫਲਨ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕੁਅਰ ਨਿਹਕਲੰਕ ਬਜੀ ਡੰਕ ਚੜ੍ਹੂ ਦਲ ਰਵਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
balihi shhalan sabal malan bhagio falan kaanh kuar nihakalank bajee ddank charrhoo dhal ravindh jeeo ||
Enticer of Baliraja, who smothers the mighty, and fulfills the devotees; the Prince Krishna, and Kalki; the thunder of His army and the beat of His drum echoes across the Universe.

ਰਾਮ ਰਵਣ ਦੁਰਤ ਦਵਣ ਸਕਲ ਭਵਣ ਕੁਸਲ ਕਰਣ ਸਰਬ ਭੂਤ ਆਪਿ ਹੀ ਦੇਵਾਧਿ ਦੇਵ ਸਹਸ ਮੁਖ ਫਨਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
raam ravan dhurath dhavan sakal bhavan kusal karan sarab bhooth aap hee dhaevaadhh dhaev sehas mukh fanindh jeeo ||
The Lord of contemplation, Destroyer of sin, who brings pleasure to the beings of all realms, He Himself is the God of gods, Divinity of the divine, the thousand-headed king cobra.

ਜਰਮ ਕਰਮ ਮਛ ਕਛ ਹੁਅ ਬਰਾਹ ਜਮੁਨਾ ਕੈ ਕੂਲਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਖੇਲਿਓ ਜਿਨਿ ਗਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥
jaram karam mashh kashh hua baraah jamunaa kai kool khael khaeliou jin gindh jeeo ||
He took birth in the Incarnations of the Fish, Tortoise and Wild Boar, and played His part. He played games on the banks of the Jamunaa River.

ਨਾਮੁ ਸਾਰੁ ਹੀਏ ਧਾਰੁ ਤਜੁ ਬਿਕਾਰੁ ਮਨ ਗਯੰਦ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਗੁਬਿੰਦ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੯॥
naam saar heeeae dhhaar thaj bikaar man gayandh sathiguroo sathiguroo sathigur gubindh jeeo ||4||9||
Enshrine this most excellent Name within your heart, and renounce the wickedness of the mind, O Gayand the True Guru, the True Guru, the True Guru is the Lord of the Universe Himself. ||4||9||
~SGGS Ji p. 1403​

~Bhul chak maaf

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
My apologies to Lalihayer Ji for reacting too strictly. :yes: Good conversation. Chalte Raho Bhai.
Harjas Ji, don't you think that certain articles by Hindu sects have misrepresented words like Kalki, etc ?

Here's an extract from http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Kalki_Bhagavan/id/1542

Kalki and the Golden Age Movement​

Sri Kalki, or Bhagwan, as many of his disciples call him, is known as the �Mukti Avatar�, a Divine Incarnation whose specialization is to impart enlightenment. His presence and his mission reflect for me the highest gifts Mother India has to offer humanity, and having met him and experienced who he is, I feel that I can now rest in complete trust that humanity is going to make it, no matter how fragmented, meaningless and chaotic our existence has been.

Grace and I�met with him three times over the few weeks that we were at his ashram near Chennai. Our first meeting was a group �darshan� (or interview) for the teachers, including myself, at the��Oneness Festival� that was being held there. During the darshan he spoke of the dilemma most people experience if they are serious about enlightenment. No matter�how hard we may try to get there, we still have concepts and expectations about what enlightenment must look like. There is always an effort to get from the state of non-enlightenment to a state of enlightenment, which creates and furthers the very duality we are trying to dissolve. Even when we let go of the effort and become empty we are still conditioned by the deep subconscious programming within our minds that keeps us separate from external reality, separate from directly experiencing the world without the running commentary of our thoughts.

I had been seeking enlightenment for many years. I had had a few enlightenment experiences but it wasn�t a permanent state. After decades of unsuccessful effort I noticed myself becoming weary of the search, especially since I did not want to create more duality between where I was and where I wanted to be. I started telling myself that maybe I was already enlightened, just didn�t know it yet. I created a wonderful enlightened persona around myself, asking myself how I would live and act if I were enlightened, and trying to incorporate that �as if enlightened� state into my daily walk. It made me a better person, but it was still an act, just another layer of spiritual ego to get attached to. I suffered less, but I wasn�t enlightened, and in the denial of that truth, suffered more. Now here was someone saying that it did not require centuries of effort, and that anyone could indeed get enlightened, just like Buddha or Jesus. I was intrigued.

Not only is enlightenment easily attainable, but it is our natural state, continued Kalki. We were originally created with a different program implanted in our DNA, and every child was born�with the ability to�directly experience�the world as a unified field of consciousness.�We have mutated from that due to various distortions in our collective conditioning, yet the original programming still remains within our DNA.�Just like a computer cannot change its own programming from within a program, we cannot�change our mental programming from within our mind. It must either come through divine grace, which is difficult for many people because of our restrictive concepts about God, or it can be transferred by someone who knows how.

Sri Kalki acknowledges himself as an avatar, but doesn't require that people believe in him as such or follow his teachings. In fact, he emphasizes, all teachings are useless if you are seeking enlightenment because they only create another concept for the mind to hang on to.� Even the non-dualistic teachings of someone like Ramana Maharshi can become a barrier if it creates a craving for enlightenment distanced from the present moment. Teachings can follow enlightenment, but no teachings can produce it. No amount of effort can get you there.

Instead, enlightenment is a neurobiological process, Kalki insists, and he sees his own role as being merely a �technician�. He even encourages people to design their own enlightenment! Through a certain kind of�"divine [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]surgery[/color][/color]",�and with adequate preparation, the neurobiology and the DNA of a�seeker can be changed�so as to naturally become enlightened, and then�all teachings and guidance naturally flow from within. A divine energy is transferred into the neo-cortex of the brain, which reorganizes the entire framework of consciousness. It has its own intelligence, and interfaces with the�deepest longings and blueprint of each individual soul to create a�new�command center that bypasses the mind.

There are as many kinds of enlightenment as there are people, he affirms, yet what is common to all is the awakening of the true self within and the permanent dissolution of conflict and suffering. The entire framework of past conditioning disappears, as do expectations of the future. Since suffering is caused by addictions, attachments, cravings and aversions based on past conditioning, when this conditioning disappears, suffering disappears as well. This is often accompanied by states of cosmic consciousness, journeys to celestial realms, profound perceptual changes, sharpening of the senses, various �siddhis� (spiritual gifts), and profound ecstasy. The physical body becomes illumined with an inner light, and the sense of a separate continuous identity dissolves.�The questioner vanishes along with the questions. The mind becomes�a hollow reed through which all creation can flow. Thoughts can still flow through the mind, but do not emanate from the mind.

I felt a thrill of recognition in my soul as I listened to his words. Grace and I decided to do a preparatory "mukti" (liberation) program led by one of his disciples�designed to bring the various "koshas" (bodies) into alignment. Towards the end of this all the participants were called into his presence for a darshan.� There were about 40 of us in the room, along with several enlightened "dasajis", or disciples. He announced that we were to�be given�the "diksha" (initiation) of enlightenment, and that the�dasajis would be assisting in transmitting the divine energy.�Kalki explained that if he tried to transmit�the energy directly it could likely blow some fuses, but that he would be working through the dasajis to perform the divine surgery in a controlled fashion. Some of us would get enlightened right away, he informed us, while others would take longer, depending on individual factors. All of us in the room would become enlightened within four weeks, he promised. He further said that it would be a functional enlightenment (�sahaj samadhi�). When he first began to get people enlightened they would sometimes go into ecstatic but immobile states for months, and he has learned to give a more integrated enlightenment now, since we are needed out in the world.

The normal procedure at Kalki's ashram involves a much longer period of preparation before the enlightenment diksha could be given, so all of us in the group were stunned and elated to hear this. This was going to be an experimental group, he went on to say. The majority in the group were Westerners, and Kalki said this would be the first time that the enlightenment diksha was being given enmasse to a group of Westerners. The time for mass enlightenment had begun, and as these enlightened people returned to their home countries to hold the energies in their respective lands, the transformation of the human race would begin. Once 64,000 people had become enlightened throughout the world, he said, the morphogenetic fields would ignite, and everyone who had become enlightened would then themselves be able to transmit this state with a touch, with a glance, with a thought or a prayer. From then, it would be a very short time before all of humanity would revert to their original program of oneness. This�could all happen well before 2012, says Kalki.

We were asked to sit with our eyes closed as the dasajis moved among us in a state of ecstatic cosmic union, placing their hands on our heads, and allowing themselves to become vehicles for Kalki. It was a different experience for everybody. In a group sharing the following day, it turned out that although only a couple of people had actually become enlightened in that moment, most people had begun having enlightenment experiences, which Kalki said would stabilize into a steady state of enlightenment in the days or weeks to come. Grace passed through periods of intense physical pressure and disorientation for a couple of days, and then on the third day felt the kundalini energy moving unobstructed through every �nadi� (subtle nerve channels) clearing out all the koshas all the way into the "anandamayakosha", or "bliss body".

As she experienced her bliss body, it propelled her into the classic�enlightened state, which she has continued to maintain since. It has been fascinating for me to watch and participate in her process, as her entire nervous gets reprogrammed to respond directly to a completely different command center, the Soul.�It is like getting unplugged from the "Matrix" (referring to the well-known movie of that name), and plugging directly into the Infinite. She reports that the moment of enlightenment was like simultaneously giving birth and�being born. She found herself literally experiencing the world through the perceptions and senses of a newborn, while at the same time witnessing the entire process from a place of mature wonder. In the days following she found herself slowly �growing up�, first a two year old, then four, then eight, sometimes fluctuating between various ages up to adulthood, eventually feeling like all of them and none of them simultaneously, young and tender, wise and knowing, ageless and vast. It is an ongoing journey� into universal consciousness.

At the time of this writing, two weeks after the diksha, my own enlightenment process is just beginning to happen. I am noticing currents of energy coursing through my body similar to what I had experienced in 1985, which are beginning to open up the deeper kundalini pathways. We had another darshan with Kalki just before we left, and he warned me that it would lead to a total reorganization of my consciousness. Some people are born with free will to shape their lives any way they wish, while others have a chosen destiny that cannot be changed. He told me that I came with a destiny to help the world, that my enlightenment would prepare me for this, and that he would work with me. I am adding this chapter to create a new edition of this book after the rest had already been published because I think Kalki�s work is the culmination of everything else I have said in this book, and I want to send this off to press while my mind can still function in the old way. What happens afterwards, I have no idea. Perhaps there will be another book that emerges later, perhaps much later. I will keep readers updated through my website.
��
Sri Kalki and his wife, Amma, have about 15 million followers in several countries, and their �Golden Age Foundation� is possibly the fastest growing movement in the world today. Several hundred people have become fully enlightened in the past few years, with the numbers growing rapidly. Miracle stories of all kinds are being reported every day, not very different from those experienced around Jesus. Kalki says there will be significant earth changes happening throughout the world before the end of the decade, which can be averted if there are enough enlightened people living in those areas and interfacing with the land. He invites us to walk through the Doorway to Eternity, and then back again to help bring all of Earth and humanity through. If something about this possibility resonates within your soul and you feel the urge to explore it further, please contact me, or check out www.livinginjoy.com, www.worldawakening.org, or www.trueawakening.org.� Introductory programs are offered worldwide, but the final �jumpstart� at this point is only being offered by Kalki and his direct disciples in India. Kalki guarantees that anyone who comes with serious intent will become enlightened in three to four weeks. It is a big claim, but I have seen enough to attest to it.

�A major aspect of this work right now is the construction of a �Shakti Sthal�, or Temple of Light, built according to the principles of "vaastu" (vedic sacred geometry). It is expected to be completed early in 2004, and will hold up to 8000 people meditating together at any one time to build a continuous wave of unity consciousness in the world. Once this project begins it will greatly accelerate and focus the work, and people will be able to get enlightened much faster. A lot of positive change will begin to happen in the world from then onwards, promises Kalki.

I had a dream recently, which reveals to me what this unity consciousness might look like.�I am�at a birthday party.� It is�my sister's birthday and she is six years old today, and in the dream I am also my sister and experiencing the magic and wonder of everything around me directly through her eyes.� I feel how much she adores me, and I am so touched I want to cry.� I live through an entire day through her eyes, and then I find myself in the body of my grandmother when she was still alive.� Again, I see all the familiar relationships from a totally different perspective.� I touch her [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]pain[/color][/color], I touch her love, and I realize I am seeing her like I've never seen her before.�

�The dream continues all night long.� I shape shift and feel myself becoming all the people that are important to me, family, friends, loved ones, even people I don�t know in other periods of history and other lands. Soon I learn that I can be in any one incarnation and shape shift in and out of various people at will.� I become aware of the unchanging wheel of life that holds still as the players change.�I see that everyone wants the same things, and that the only common connection is love. �I see myself as no longer identified with myself as a [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]personality[/color][/color], but as the One Presence, incarnate in any or all of these personalities simultaneously, and extending throughout the planet.�

I awoke from the dream feeling great waves of love. It felt like a prelude to the enlightened state. Love is as simple as seeing through another's eyes, and knowing that we are the same. There is only one Mind, and beyond that, only one Self. If each human glimpsed a tiny fraction of this through direct experience, could we ever go to war or hurt each other or any aspect of�the One Presence ever again?

This is the love I have felt from Sri Kalki. I feel so grateful to know that he is here on Earth. I feel he is a genuine avatar, perhaps one of the greatest avatars of all time.� In his ability to bestow the gift of direct experience to anyone seeking to know themselves, his advent represents a grand unification of all religions and spiritual traditions. As the beginning of the Golden Age draws near, his�mission is to help enlighten not just a few but the entire world.

�Humanity is entering the most crucial phase of its existence,� says Kalki. �The coming decade shall witness the most unprecedented and undreamt of changes in the course of its long evolution. There is nothing much humanity can do about it other than to understand the changes that are overpowering it.� Towards the end, humanity will enter a new age � the Golden Age!�

May 24, 2008
My apologies to Lalihayer Ji for reacting too strictly. :yes: Good conversation. Chalte Raho Bhai.
Harjas Ji, don't you think that certain articles by Hindu sects have misrepresented words like Kalki, etc ?

Here's an extract from Kiara Windrider on Enlightenment, Kalki and the Golden Age Movement - I

Kalki and the Golden Age Movement​

Sri Kalki, or Bhagwan, as many of his disciples call him, is known as the �Mukti Avatar�, a Divine Incarnation whose specialization is to impart enlightenment. His presence and his mission reflect for me the highest gifts Mother India has to offer humanity, and having met him and experienced who he is, I feel that I can now rest in complete trust that humanity is going to make it, no matter how fragmented, meaningless and chaotic our existence has been.

Grace and I�met with him three times over the few weeks that we were at his ashram near Chennai. Our first meeting was a group �darshan� (or interview) for the teachers, including myself, at the��Oneness Festival� that was being held there. During the darshan he spoke of the dilemma most people experience if they are serious about enlightenment. No matter�how hard we may try to get there, we still have concepts and expectations about what enlightenment must look like. There is always an effort to get from the state of non-enlightenment to a state of enlightenment, which creates and furthers the very duality we are trying to dissolve. Even when we let go of the effort and become empty we are still conditioned by the deep subconscious programming within our minds that keeps us separate from external reality, separate from directly experiencing the world without the running commentary of our thoughts.

I had been seeking enlightenment for many years. I had had a few enlightenment experiences but it wasn�t a permanent state. After decades of unsuccessful effort I noticed myself becoming weary of the search, especially since I did not want to create more duality between where I was and where I wanted to be. I started telling myself that maybe I was already enlightened, just didn�t know it yet. I created a wonderful enlightened persona around myself, asking myself how I would live and act if I were enlightened, and trying to incorporate that �as if enlightened� state into my daily walk. It made me a better person, but it was still an act, just another layer of spiritual ego to get attached to. I suffered less, but I wasn�t enlightened, and in the denial of that truth, suffered more. Now here was someone saying that it did not require centuries of effort, and that anyone could indeed get enlightened, just like Buddha or Jesus. I was intrigued.

Not only is enlightenment easily attainable, but it is our natural state, continued Kalki. We were originally created with a different program implanted in our DNA, and every child was born�with the ability to�directly experience�the world as a unified field of consciousness.�We have mutated from that due to various distortions in our collective conditioning, yet the original programming still remains within our DNA.�Just like a computer cannot change its own programming from within a program, we cannot�change our mental programming from within our mind. It must either come through divine grace, which is difficult for many people because of our restrictive concepts about God, or it can be transferred by someone who knows how.

Sri Kalki acknowledges himself as an avatar, but doesn't require that people believe in him as such or follow his teachings. In fact, he emphasizes, all teachings are useless if you are seeking enlightenment because they only create another concept for the mind to hang on to.� Even the non-dualistic teachings of someone like Ramana Maharshi can become a barrier if it creates a craving for enlightenment distanced from the present moment. Teachings can follow enlightenment, but no teachings can produce it. No amount of effort can get you there.

Instead, enlightenment is a neurobiological process, Kalki insists, and he sees his own role as being merely a �technician�. He even encourages people to design their own enlightenment! Through a certain kind of�"divine [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]surgery[/color][/color]",�and with adequate preparation, the neurobiology and the DNA of a�seeker can be changed�so as to naturally become enlightened, and then�all teachings and guidance naturally flow from within. A divine energy is transferred into the neo-cortex of the brain, which reorganizes the entire framework of consciousness. It has its own intelligence, and interfaces with the�deepest longings and blueprint of each individual soul to create a�new�command center that bypasses the mind.

There are as many kinds of enlightenment as there are people, he affirms, yet what is common to all is the awakening of the true self within and the permanent dissolution of conflict and suffering. The entire framework of past conditioning disappears, as do expectations of the future. Since suffering is caused by addictions, attachments, cravings and aversions based on past conditioning, when this conditioning disappears, suffering disappears as well. This is often accompanied by states of cosmic consciousness, journeys to celestial realms, profound perceptual changes, sharpening of the senses, various �siddhis� (spiritual gifts), and profound ecstasy. The physical body becomes illumined with an inner light, and the sense of a separate continuous identity dissolves.�The questioner vanishes along with the questions. The mind becomes�a hollow reed through which all creation can flow. Thoughts can still flow through the mind, but do not emanate from the mind.

I felt a thrill of recognition in my soul as I listened to his words. Grace and I decided to do a preparatory "mukti" (liberation) program led by one of his disciples�designed to bring the various "koshas" (bodies) into alignment. Towards the end of this all the participants were called into his presence for a darshan.� There were about 40 of us in the room, along with several enlightened "dasajis", or disciples. He announced that we were to�be given�the "diksha" (initiation) of enlightenment, and that the�dasajis would be assisting in transmitting the divine energy.�Kalki explained that if he tried to transmit�the energy directly it could likely blow some fuses, but that he would be working through the dasajis to perform the divine surgery in a controlled fashion. Some of us would get enlightened right away, he informed us, while others would take longer, depending on individual factors. All of us in the room would become enlightened within four weeks, he promised. He further said that it would be a functional enlightenment (�sahaj samadhi�). When he first began to get people enlightened they would sometimes go into ecstatic but immobile states for months, and he has learned to give a more integrated enlightenment now, since we are needed out in the world.

The normal procedure at Kalki's ashram involves a much longer period of preparation before the enlightenment diksha could be given, so all of us in the group were stunned and elated to hear this. This was going to be an experimental group, he went on to say. The majority in the group were Westerners, and Kalki said this would be the first time that the enlightenment diksha was being given enmasse to a group of Westerners. The time for mass enlightenment had begun, and as these enlightened people returned to their home countries to hold the energies in their respective lands, the transformation of the human race would begin. Once 64,000 people had become enlightened throughout the world, he said, the morphogenetic fields would ignite, and everyone who had become enlightened would then themselves be able to transmit this state with a touch, with a glance, with a thought or a prayer. From then, it would be a very short time before all of humanity would revert to their original program of oneness. This�could all happen well before 2012, says Kalki.

We were asked to sit with our eyes closed as the dasajis moved among us in a state of ecstatic cosmic union, placing their hands on our heads, and allowing themselves to become vehicles for Kalki. It was a different experience for everybody. In a group sharing the following day, it turned out that although only a couple of people had actually become enlightened in that moment, most people had begun having enlightenment experiences, which Kalki said would stabilize into a steady state of enlightenment in the days or weeks to come. Grace passed through periods of intense physical pressure and disorientation for a couple of days, and then on the third day felt the kundalini energy moving unobstructed through every �nadi� (subtle nerve channels) clearing out all the koshas all the way into the "anandamayakosha", or "bliss body".

As she experienced her bliss body, it propelled her into the classic�enlightened state, which she has continued to maintain since. It has been fascinating for me to watch and participate in her process, as her entire nervous gets reprogrammed to respond directly to a completely different command center, the Soul.�It is like getting unplugged from the "Matrix" (referring to the well-known movie of that name), and plugging directly into the Infinite. She reports that the moment of enlightenment was like simultaneously giving birth and�being born. She found herself literally experiencing the world through the perceptions and senses of a newborn, while at the same time witnessing the entire process from a place of mature wonder. In the days following she found herself slowly �growing up�, first a two year old, then four, then eight, sometimes fluctuating between various ages up to adulthood, eventually feeling like all of them and none of them simultaneously, young and tender, wise and knowing, ageless and vast. It is an ongoing journey� into universal consciousness.

At the time of this writing, two weeks after the diksha, my own enlightenment process is just beginning to happen. I am noticing currents of energy coursing through my body similar to what I had experienced in 1985, which are beginning to open up the deeper kundalini pathways. We had another darshan with Kalki just before we left, and he warned me that it would lead to a total reorganization of my consciousness. Some people are born with free will to shape their lives any way they wish, while others have a chosen destiny that cannot be changed. He told me that I came with a destiny to help the world, that my enlightenment would prepare me for this, and that he would work with me. I am adding this chapter to create a new edition of this book after the rest had already been published because I think Kalki�s work is the culmination of everything else I have said in this book, and I want to send this off to press while my mind can still function in the old way. What happens afterwards, I have no idea. Perhaps there will be another book that emerges later, perhaps much later. I will keep readers updated through my website.
��
Sri Kalki and his wife, Amma, have about 15 million followers in several countries, and their �Golden Age Foundation� is possibly the fastest growing movement in the world today. Several hundred people have become fully enlightened in the past few years, with the numbers growing rapidly. Miracle stories of all kinds are being reported every day, not very different from those experienced around Jesus. Kalki says there will be significant earth changes happening throughout the world before the end of the decade, which can be averted if there are enough enlightened people living in those areas and interfacing with the land. He invites us to walk through the Doorway to Eternity, and then back again to help bring all of Earth and humanity through. If something about this possibility resonates within your soul and you feel the urge to explore it further, please contact me, or check out www.livinginjoy.com, www.worldawakening.org, or www.trueawakening.org.� Introductory programs are offered worldwide, but the final �jumpstart� at this point is only being offered by Kalki and his direct disciples in India. Kalki guarantees that anyone who comes with serious intent will become enlightened in three to four weeks. It is a big claim, but I have seen enough to attest to it.

�A major aspect of this work right now is the construction of a �Shakti Sthal�, or Temple of Light, built according to the principles of "vaastu" (vedic sacred geometry). It is expected to be completed early in 2004, and will hold up to 8000 people meditating together at any one time to build a continuous wave of unity consciousness in the world. Once this project begins it will greatly accelerate and focus the work, and people will be able to get enlightened much faster. A lot of positive change will begin to happen in the world from then onwards, promises Kalki.

I had a dream recently, which reveals to me what this unity consciousness might look like.�I am�at a birthday party.� It is�my sister's birthday and she is six years old today, and in the dream I am also my sister and experiencing the magic and wonder of everything around me directly through her eyes.� I feel how much she adores me, and I am so touched I want to cry.� I live through an entire day through her eyes, and then I find myself in the body of my grandmother when she was still alive.� Again, I see all the familiar relationships from a totally different perspective.� I touch her [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]pain[/color][/color], I touch her love, and I realize I am seeing her like I've never seen her before.�

�The dream continues all night long.� I shape shift and feel myself becoming all the people that are important to me, family, friends, loved ones, even people I don�t know in other periods of history and other lands. Soon I learn that I can be in any one incarnation and shape shift in and out of various people at will.� I become aware of the unchanging wheel of life that holds still as the players change.�I see that everyone wants the same things, and that the only common connection is love. �I see myself as no longer identified with myself as a [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]personality[/color][/color], but as the One Presence, incarnate in any or all of these personalities simultaneously, and extending throughout the planet.�

I awoke from the dream feeling great waves of love. It felt like a prelude to the enlightened state. Love is as simple as seeing through another's eyes, and knowing that we are the same. There is only one Mind, and beyond that, only one Self. If each human glimpsed a tiny fraction of this through direct experience, could we ever go to war or hurt each other or any aspect of�the One Presence ever again?

This is the love I have felt from Sri Kalki. I feel so grateful to know that he is here on Earth. I feel he is a genuine avatar, perhaps one of the greatest avatars of all time.� In his ability to bestow the gift of direct experience to anyone seeking to know themselves, his advent represents a grand unification of all religions and spiritual traditions. As the beginning of the Golden Age draws near, his�mission is to help enlighten not just a few but the entire world.

�Humanity is entering the most crucial phase of its existence,� says Kalki. �The coming decade shall witness the most unprecedented and undreamt of changes in the course of its long evolution. There is nothing much humanity can do about it other than to understand the changes that are overpowering it.� Towards the end, humanity will enter a new age � the Golden Age!�

Dear Brothers & Sisters ,
I wish to state that all thes so called Godmen / Women , Miraculous people r just mercenaries which play on the lack of real knowledge of GURBANI wherever they r whether in India or West . The people being confused & insecure themselves play in the hands of these people . These r no mre than pure COMMERCIAL ORGANISATIONS with codes of business like PURE marketing companies . The agents r used for recruiting members , paid commissions , in cash or in kind like jobs who spread the word of MAHAPURUSH JI . Infact these people if seen from nearby distance r so lowly creatures & so corrupt as to put even most hardened criminals & even Indian political leaders to shame . Here is a copy of my earlier post , which holds true for this one also .It is as follows :

ECONOMICS OF THE DERAS :
I wish to clear some plain facts about the mushrooming growth of Deras especially in Punjab . The mother of this is elecoral politics . It is a known fact that in Indian elections votes r sold at a price to political parties , however the exact modus operandi is unclear to many . This is how it works :
There r following political elections held in all states but rates mentioned r specific to Punjab only ; 1. Panchayat Elections , Rate per vote is 5000- 7000 Indian rupees for election of Panches , a furthur expense of 1000/ per vote is incurred to buy Panches for election of the Sarpanch . 2 Block Samiti Elections : Rate per vote is 1000-2000 , liquor bottles , Poppy husk & few hunderes rupees do the trick 3 . Muncipal Committee Elections : Rate is again 1000 - 2000 per vote , same means r used for diostribution 4 . Muncipal Corporation Elections ( For Big Cities ) : Rate is 2000-2500 per vote for electing councillors , a furthur expense of 500 is made for electing Mayor . 5 . Lok Sabha Elections : Rate is 1000-2000 per vote . 6 . Assembly Elections : This is the mother of all elections . Rate is 6000- 8000 per vote , morover the winner takes the all important Chief Minister Ship chair . So in total a vote costs ( Earns ) Rs 16,000 - 25000 ( 400 USD to 625 USD ) in all 5 years . All the Deras , all they have to do is to invite some political leader to some big SATSANG & that political leader pays his RESPECTS to Dera Chief in front of DEVOTEES The leader gets the unusual big crowd , the public gets to see the amount of CLOUT OF BABAJI & to top it all the BABAJI gets his DUE SHARE proportionately . Each vote multiplied by 16,000 to 25,000 Rupees . This BOOTY is in the form of CASH & KIND like land allotment , posting of police officers teachers , health workers , transfers of various officials to PLUM places . Some months back Radha Soami Satsang Beas came to light when they GRABBED a prime real eastate land in Mohali worth about 2800 - 3,000 Crores ( 700 Million USD ) in Mohali for peanuts . The ruckus in press & media forced them to forego 50 % of that land . Still they got to keep land woth 350 Million US Dollars . The Sacha Sauda DeraChief had his Brother In Law ( Harminder Singh Jassi ) a Congress Ticket from Bhatinda superseding Surinder Singla & a promise of withdrawl of CBI enquiry against him various cases of rape , Murdur etc . In 2002 Sonia Gandhi visited RSS Beas just before elections at Beas headquarter & spent a full day there to inagaurate an EYE DONATION CAMP alonwith Natwar Singh , Amarinder Singh , Murli Deora among others . On 30th March , 2008 , LK Advani visited Maharaj Gurinder Singh , Dera head at RSS , Beas . According to known eyewitnesses , the Baba saluted Advani while greeting him . The Akais r also playing this game of FAITH & POLITICS albiet differently . The so called Panthic Party SAD ( Badal ) has a SECULAR CONSTITUTION under which it fights SGPC elections . It treats Sikh votes under the influence of Gurudwaras as a free BONUS VOTE , Ghar di murgi dal barabar . But spends the same rate to get votes from Deras as Congress or now new player in the game BJP . As aresult Deras r wooed by all parties & Deras r rolling in money but traditional Sikh Voter is left high & dry . Gurudwaras get nothing in return , SGPC budget is spent on election rallies & horse trading of SAD ( Badal ) . The preaching of Sikhism is left to Non- Government institutions like Sikh Missionary College , Ludhiana & Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle , Ludhiana . They r not at all helped by Akalis or SGPC financially ., rather hurdles r put in their way . Gurudwaras r controlled by Jats , Dalits r discriminated against in villages . As a result nobody is willing to take the issues of Sikhs , Dera supporters r active in almost every sphere be it Panchayats , Corporations .Some serious introspection is required for revival of Sikhism & slow down this Mushrooming Deras in Punjab "
This is true for all the GODMEN anywhere in India or the world over .

Regards ,
Dalbir Singh

Nov 16, 2007
harjas ji,
Of all the names of God, Aum is the supreme. It is the most comprehensive name of Lord. Other names encompass only some aspects of God. Aum is made up of three letters denoting three aspects of God.
A- denotes power of God to create the universe
U- denotes power of God to preserve the universe
M- denotes power of God to dissolve it.

If hindus know One Almighty by three different names, then why should we sikhs? Guru Nanak put EK infront of His name, clearing the doubt that there are no three different Gods, but only One.

Gurbani is written by gurus in simple language (not like vedas, which were reserved for high class only). For an average person like me (who is ignorant of sanskrit) Om means name of God and Ek Om Kar means 'There is only one God'. But everybody has freedom to take one definition of Aum from vast knowledge of hinduism and can try to prove that EkOmKar means 'one trimurti creator'.
Definition you are giving is one of the definitions Aum given by one of many indian schools (hindu, jain, budhhsist etc). If we look in wikepedia for 'Aum', yours definition comes at somewhere below middle of page under heading 'Puranic Hinduism'.

Regarding singh sabha, every religion start as a small group within another religion and ultimately takes form of separate religion. Christianity was jewish cult for few centuries. But due to different theology, parted away. Buddhism was not a different religion initially, but became one.
Rest later (i'm at work).

Edit: when i said 'RSS is here' , i didn't mean you are an RSS agent. I mean to say that RSS is presently one of the biggest organization that is propagating exactly same view. What i mean to say is even after arya samaj is exposed as anti sikh, RSS is here to continue stressing that sikhs are hindus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM