• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sex, Girlfriend, Am I Allowed?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
International ji, NamJap ji, Sherab ji, other reasonable jios!

One lesson that life has taught me. Logical people have an Achilles heel, a vulnerability. They believe that most of the world is logical too. So when someone is illogical, they will do what? Appeal to Reason -- Facts -- Logic -- Rationality. Why? Because logical people project themselves and their reasonable frame of mind onto others. And when it doesn't work, What do they Do? They use more logic and reason, patiently, patiently, until......They Explode.

And when they explode they don't look logical any longer.

Now there are people in this world who are cunning. They are watchful and understand the weaknesses of their fellow human kind. They are also patient, very patient, more patient than the logical ones. They know that they will also get the upper hand by exploiting this weakness.

What do they exploit? Logic, the weakness of the Logical.

So the salvation in all of this is to discover your sense of humor. Laugh! :rofl::ice::}8-::D:cool:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad ji,

I find myself observing a gradual change in men's behavourial patterns. Men don't turn into sphinxes these days, instead they open up and express themselves if not in speech then at least in words. That's why a boy in love can write a poem in the most beautiful words to his girlfriend but fails to express his feelings when face to face with the girl.

The girl on the other hand plays a different assumed role, paved by tradition.
A girl is often reminded to behave in a lady-like manner from a very young age. I can see a different level of discussion amongst women in SPN even if they're in a disagreement. You don't see swords raised against each other.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and Jatinder Jee!

Quote "Does the Blackish represent the one deviod of Naam
and whitish the Creator
What color change take place ? is it from Blackish to whitish ...right?"

Normally a Jeev without Naam does not realize Whitish God. The Jeev without Naam is blackish and lives in darkness realizing only blackish (Sarguna) parts of God unconsciously.

Fareed Jee is making it clear in this Vaak.

PrIdw kwlI DaulI swihbu sdw hY jy ko iciq kry ]
PrIdw kwlI DalI swihbu sdw hY jy ko iciq kry ]
fareedaa kaalee Dhaulee saahibu sadaa hai jay ko chiti karay. SGGS Ang 1378-11

Fareedaa! Blackish, Whitish Lord is always when one through Chit acts.

I may be leaving next week for holy days and may not be available on Internet for some time.

Balbir Singh

Jan 6, 2007
UK
I m not sure whether this translation is correct or not

Can you explain this verse or may be give your viewpoint about it

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

The quote you mention Jatinder ji is indeed incorrect. Incorrect from Gurbani perspective.

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਕਾਲਂੀ ਜਿਨੀ ਨ ਰਾਵਿਆ ਧਉਲੀ ਰਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ ||

ਕਾਲਂੀ = When your hair was black i.e. when you were young
ਰਾਵਿਆ = 1) ਭੋਗਿਆ, ਮਾਣਿਆ (Enjoyed) (2) ਸਿਮਰਿਆ (meditated/contemplated)
In this context the translation (2) is more appropriate

ਧਉਲੀ = When your hair turns white i.e. old age

Fareed is saying here that! Those who did not contemplate/meditate (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਪਿਆਰ ) on God when they were young, rare will be those who will be able to do it when they have grown old.

( Habbits of the youth are difficult to shed in your old age - it is more difficult to acquire new habits that need high levels of energy when the energy levels are depleting)

ਕਰਿ ਸਾਂਈ ਸਿਉ ਪਿਰਹੜੀ ਰੰਗੁ ਨਵੇਲਾ ਹੋਇ || ੧੨ ||

Fall in love with the Lord, so that your color (your love for god) may forever stay fresh. (i.e so that it is not affected by old age)

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1378-10

Baba Balbir ji

Fareed! Blackish is one whom HE does not absorb. Whitish absorbs rare one.
Act on Lord's love-potion. New color takes place.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru - He Sacche Patshah Enah Babbeaan ton Bacchao.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Ekmusafir_ajnabi Jee!

Quote "Fareed is saying here that! Those who did not contemplate/meditate (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਪਿਆਰ ) on God when they were young, rare will be those who will be able to do it when they have grown old."

Worldly religious shops run on stolen explanations.

True spiritual growth takes place with true Naam Simran and its experience.

I have heard blinds trying repeatedly to prove what is the scene, every time after receiving new information about light.

May I ask? Are Jeevs who are grown old expelled from the list to experience God, according to your interpretation?

God! Save me from Ignorant who claim that God is exclusively for youngsters.

Balbir Singh

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Now coming back to earlier disscusion!

Dear Balbir Singh Ji

Satsriakal!

Thanks for your post

Andu krhu imil suMdr nwrI ]
atu

My curosity now is , how can the state of bliss ( where sound currents settles ) be reached meeting a Beautiful Women/Dame ?

Thanks
And have Nice a Holy Days !

Jatinder Singh
M

Apr 4, 2007

Quote "Fareed is saying here that! Those who did not contemplate/meditate (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਪਿਆਰ ) on God when they were young, rare will be those who will be able to do it when they have grown old."

I have heard blinds trying repeatedly to prove what is the scene, every time after receiving new information about light.

May I ask? Are Jeevs who are grown old expelled from the list to experience God, according to your interpretation?

Balbir Singh

actually, that's not at all what it means. look at it in terms of context. first, Fareed ji was elderly when he wrote his bani, he often talks about his regrets from youth and about his coming death. second, in indian tradition, it it is customary for youth to ignore religion and only become interested in it when then are old, they no longer have to work, and their children are grown. Guru Sahib has told us that we should embrace our faith during our whole lives, not only as old people who have no other work to do.

please try to take this as written and not twist it or add to it. :)

fateh!

Jan 6, 2007
UK

Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh

The ignorance is all on your part. Had you bothered to read the next Salok that is a response by Guru Amar Das ji you would not now have to feel silly.

The previous salok was the experience of Bhagat Fardi ji, but Guru Amar Das ji responds to it as follows:

ਮਃ
ਫਰੀਦਾ ਕਾਲੀ ਧਉਲੀ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਚਿਤਿ ਕਰੇ
Fareed, whether one's hair is black or grey, our Lord and Master is always here if one remembers Him.
ਆਪਣਾ ਲਾਇਆ ਪਿਰਮੁ ਲਗਈ ਜੇ ਲੋਚੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ
This loving devotion to the Lord does not come by one's own efforts, even though all may long for it.
ਏਹੁ ਪਿਰਮੁ ਪਿਆਲਾ ਖਸਮ ਕਾ ਜੈ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੈ ਦੇਇ
This cup of loving devotion belongs to our Lord; He gives it to whomever He pleases.

Guru ji says that The pre-condition is love for the Lord and not the age factor and that too comes with the blessings of the Lord.

So Balbir Singh you do not hold exclusive rights.

I hope I have been instrumental is educating you. Let this add to your learning experience. A present back to you from this Forum. There appears to be big holes in you own Naam Simran, first plug them before you begin Educating others.

You remind me of the Sadhu who claimed to know the Universe yet he did not know that the his Kamandal had been moved and placed behind his back.

Waheguru Waheguru.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Jasleen_kaur Jee!

Quote "Guru Sahib has told us that we should embrace our faith during our whole lives, not only as old people who have no other work to do."
Have I understood it correctly? God is also available at old age and it does not matter when one does HIS Naam Simran.

Ekmusafir_ajnabi Jee, it does not matter how many masks a person wears, his blackish life is not going to convert into whitish.
Your post explains. Bitterness keeps one busy who has only lost in life also in games for children.

Thanks for referring Baabaa Fareed Jee's next Salok too.

Some blind people love to show way to travelers. How do they know it when some ask the question? Pretending confidence they answer 'because they have read a translation'.

The true Gurus teaching is mostly lost through the preachers and translations available in the market. Rest is getting muddled up because of the blinds reading and explaining those Bhekhee's work.

Ekmusafir-ajnabi Jee, ignorance of a person is higher than those of blind with eyes who refer the Guru's Vaak that explains "This loving devotion to the Lord does not come by one's own efforts, even though all may long for it." In the next sentence but his ego writes ". . . The pre-condition is love for the Lord . . ."
May I ask if precondition fixed by ego is above God's Will?

One may be the champion in hiding behind new names on this forum. Readers would but be amused to know who is your Jeejaa Jee? Then only under this privilege, according to a friend whose name is Bhatty, only Jeejaas may allow that one wrote sentences, like in your post.

By the way what happened with your murgaa you took along with, on your journey.

Dear Jatinder Jee, please have patience. God has blessed Balbir Singh with all that is also to share.

Balbir Singh

Jan 6, 2007
UK

Quote "Guru Sahib has told us that we should embrace our faith during our whole lives, not only as old people who have no other work to do."
Have I understood it correctly? God is also available at old age and it does not matter when one does HIS Naam Simran.

Ekmusafir_ajnabi Jee, it does not matter how many masks a person wears, his blackish life is not going to convert into whitish.
Your post explains. Bitterness keeps one busy who has only lost in life also in games for children.

Thanks for referring Baabaa Fareed Jee's next Salok too.

Some blind people love to show way to travelers. How do they know it when some ask the question? Pretending confidence they answer 'because they have read a translation'.

The true Gurus teaching is mostly lost through the preachers and translations available in the market. Rest is getting muddled up because of the blinds reading and explaining those Bhekhee's work.

Ekmusafir-ajnabi Jee, ignorance of a person is higher than those of blind with eyes who refer the Guru's Vaak that explains "This loving devotion to the Lord does not come by one's own efforts, even though all may long for it." In the next sentence but his ego writes ". . . The pre-condition is love for the Lord . . ."
May I ask if precondition fixed by ego is above God's Will?

One may be the champion in hiding behind new names on this forum. Readers would but be amused to know who is your Jeejaa Jee? Then only under this privilege, according to a friend whose name is Bhatty, only Jeejaas may allow that one wrote sentences, like in your post.

By the way what happened with your murgaa you took along with, on your journey.

Dear Jatinder Jee, please have patience. God has blessed Balbir Singh with all that is also to share.

Balbir Singh

You are not worth a response. Gandagee che soota maro te shittey apne uttay hi painde ne. So no thanks.

Thanks for referring Baabaa Fareed Jee's next Salok too

Let me re-iterate. The next salok was written by Guru Amar Das ji in response to the Salok by Bhagat Fareed ji. Read Mehla 3 before the salok. This salok is to correct the negative portrayal by Baba Farid ji. Now do you see?

Bhatty and Jeejaa jee - Are they members of your family you are trying to introduce?. Sorry I am not intrested.

Apr 4, 2007

have you understood correctly? probably not. yes, of course god is available at any age. that's not at all what i said, nor is it the point.

please read it one more time and see if you're able to understand. if not, no big deal. you already know all the "secrets". you don't need my interpretations.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany

Quote "Gandagee che soota maro te shittey apne uttay hi painde ne. So no thanks."
Some persons convince others with their experiences. I was also wondering from where 'shitteys' are coming.

Quote "Let me re-iterate. The next salok was written by Guru Amar Das ji in response to the Salok by Bhagat Fareed ji. Read Mehla 3 before the salok. This salok is to correct the negative portrayal by Baba Farid ji. Now do you see?"
This is not my job to ask a naked person where are his cloths.

Those whose mind is not ready to seek true Naam Simran may never grow on conscious level of mind by reading true Guru's writings alone.

Did the reverend Gurus refer Fareed Jee's Saloks to contradict those? I surprise what made one thinking like that.

This is Guru Amardaas Jee's love and passion when he extends explaining the Salok from Fareed Jee on His name.

Please let all know what is the negative portrayal by Baabaa Fareed Jee that has overfilled your mind and is trying to overflow through your writings. Many readers and seekers may want to know it too.

Balbir Singh

Apr 4, 2007
This is not my job to ask a naked person where are his cloths.

Those whose mind is not ready to seek true Naam Simran may never grow on conscious level of mind by reading true Guru's writings alone.

Ahankar is the Gurmukhi word which translates to means ego or excessive pride due to one's possessions, material wealth, intelligence or powers. It gives an individual the feeling that he is superior to others and therefore they are at a lower level than him. It leads to envy, feelings of enmity, and restlessness amongst people.
Sikhism requires that a person serves society and community with Nimrata or humility. This is obtained by Sewa and hence, one sees the practise of devotees cleaning the footwear of visitors to a Gurdwara so that the mind of devout Sikh is made more humble.
This Cardinal Evil is often regarded by Sikhs as the worst of the Five Evils. They feel that pride leads to Haumai because it makes people believe that they are the most important thing in life and leads to self-centredness.
The following Shabads from Gurbani clarify this cardinal vice:
  • The world is drunk, engrossed in sexual desire, anger and egotism. (Guru Granth Sahib Page 51 line 2070)
  • Renounce sexual desire, anger, falsehood and slander;
    forsake Maya and eliminate egotistical pride. (Guru Granth Sahib Page 141 line 5766)
  • The duality of Maya dwells in the consciousness of the people of the world. They are destroyed by sexual desire, anger and egotism. ((1)) (Guru Granth Sahib Page 223 line 9561)
  • They complain about other peoples` faults, while their own self-conceit only increases. (Guru Granth Sahib Page 366 line 16693)
  • In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, redeem your mind, and adore the Lord, twenty-four hours a day. Sexual desire, anger and egotism will be dispelled, and all troubles shall end. ((2)) (Guru Granth Sahib Page 501 line 22390)
Ahankar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

I am not sure how your comment follows from my observation about the weakness of logic. But they were engaging comments in and of themselves.

Yes, when we are in disagreement we don't need to draw blood. What good is that. Tomorrow things may look different. Why nuke a potential friend.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad ji,

Two sides of the coin I suppose. Logic has its strength and weakness alright. If one wants to make a phone call with a ten cent coin (Malaysian phone booth), two 5 cent coins won't get the job done. Logic and reason can also be seen as two 5-cent coins. Another view point.

My two cents.

Say Sat Sri Akaal to all,
Pray for enlightenment.

Why are we all at once driving one guy nuts? As drkhalsa ji has pointed out that this has already been dealt with long ago so we need to move on.

Khalsa ji, you're right.

But I want to ask the rest of us the reason/s why we are victimising Balbir Singh. He has raised valid questions - probably the same questions over and over again. This could be due to the fact that he has not received satisfactory answers.

Give you valid reasons please!!!!

Last edited:

rosethorne

SPNer
Aug 13, 2005
New Delhi
Dear all and International Akaali Jee!

Quote "You don't know what a metaphor is and you don't know how to base gurbani aarth off of viyakarn. knowing you, you will disregard viyakarn and then disregard a few other basics in the punjabi language and then make your own langauage and twist guru sahibs words into some other language."
Please stay with the topic you raise and do not run away.

Please quote any Vaak from Gurdev that you have understood with your explanations. Let the whole Sikh word know that you have understood the true Guru.

Quote "Balbir ji i don't know what your mission is to stop from people going to the gurdwara and come to your satsangs?"
Gurdev never said that a building built with bricks is Gurdwaaraa where Baabaas are running a bank like business.

Gurdwaaraa is the door through that the Gur enters.

Balbir Singh

Dear Balbir singhji, You may have not remmembered me, But about a 10-12 months back I exposed you as a Man of Baba, And you have commited it that time. You just promoting your bussiness But don't even know about the GOD. Have some fear of HIM, Don't try to interperate the meanings of SGGS Sahebji, Otherwise Kod is ready for you, A good looking face you have but a very Sinfull heart you have. Now You are clearly exposed. ********************.

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Rosethorne ji

It is so good to see you back on the forum. Too much time has passed. Your knowledge of Gurmat is very deep. And when you correct us, we need to listen to you. Because you know what you are talking about.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM