• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nihang Niddar Singh - What Is The Controversy?

Look Brother,

I am going to make my mind up when I have read his book.

I am sceptical whether his apology was made just to keep the peace or whether he actually apologised for content in his book.

As a general note I am very worried about sites being set up just to slander someone. Here are some examples I found just now:

YouTube - Niddar The Giddar <<< what exactly is he doing wrong here apart from teaching kids self defence? They say he RSS, how and where? Where is he telling peopleto drink alcohol?:eek:

Nang Niddar Exposed - DiscoverSikhi.Com <<< More bacwaas posted by the notorious idiot Banda Singh who runs a very dodgy Sikh website that misforms Sikhs about Sikh History.:eek:

Nang Niddar Exposed - DiscoverSikhi.Com <<<< more nindya from that fanatical tapoban site.:eek:

Niddar 'Singh' <<<< a blog spot set up by a Nindak to slander Niddar Singh? How is this person still a Sikh after slandering someone like this?:eek:

Panthic Weekly: Sanatanist Nihang Niddar Apologizes on newly released Hazur Sahib Video <<<< here we have the biggest nindiya platform in the world, Panthic Weekly, slandering him.:eek:

Now Singh ji even you have to admit what kind of cowardly "Sikhs" put up such slandering garbage on the internet?

I always thought Sikhs were fearless and if they had a problem they confronted them likewise.

If Niddar Singh has published a book with references then why don't the Nindaks publish a researched book to counter him rather than spreading hate and garbage on the net?

Can you see where I am coming from? No man deserves such slandering.

Here are some of my views:

• There have always been Sehajdhari Sikhs - monays have been included in this. Remember the monay Brar Jats?
  • Alcohol can be used medicinally by Sikhs as can other drugs. The idea is not to get off your head. There are accounts of this from eyewitness's.
  • People get all excited because the Baba's and Bhai's he seems to have criticised he is saying are not perfect.Well he's entitled to his view. I have strongly criticised Bhai Randhir Singh in the past about his writings.
  • If he believes in a Sanatan version of Sikhi, he is entitled to, jsut as AKJ, GNSSJ, DDT, 3HO etc believe in a heavily Vaishnavised version of Sikhi....even though the latter groups won't admit it.
Now does this make me bad?;)

PS Excuse some of my language, but this Nindiya has got me riled up.

As a general note I am very worried about sites being set up just to slander someone. Here are some examples I found just now:

YouTube - Niddar The Giddar <<< what exactly is he doing wrong here apart from teaching kids self defence? They say he RSS, how and where? Where is he telling peopleto drink alcohol?:eek:

Nang Niddar Exposed - DiscoverSikhi.Com <<< More bacwaas posted by the notorious idiot Banda Singh who runs a very dodgy Sikh website that misforms Sikhs about Sikh History.:eek:

Nang Niddar Exposed - DiscoverSikhi.Com <<<< more nindya from that fanatical tapoban site.:eek:

Niddar 'Singh' <<<< a blog spot set up by a Nindak to slander Niddar Singh? How is this person still a Sikh after slandering someone like this?:eek:

Panthic Weekly: Sanatanist Nihang Niddar Apologizes on newly released Hazur Sahib Video <<<< here we have the biggest nindiya platform in the world, Panthic Weekly, slandering him.:eek:

Now Singh ji even you have to admit what kind of cowardly "Sikhs" put up such slandering garbage on the internet?

I always thought Sikhs were fearless and if they had a problem they confronted them likewise.

Bhai Sahib none of these people speak for the video where Niddar Singh ji apologises. This information is irrelevant as me saying when Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji was called maya and lifeless by a poster, these views are of this site; Sikh Philosophy Network.

Alot of people put garbage on the internet and it happens on every discussion site. Some are just moorakh people and after being warned they still do it. What can you do about it.

Bhai Sahib, Niddar SIngh ji was confronted about his views in a respectful manner and he apologized for his mistakes. Bhai Niddar SIngh ji did not apology just to keep peace, if he did then the very kirpan he wears is only for show.

If some jathas are oppressors then the time of the video was Niddar Singh ji time to show who they really are, he would have exposed them. But this was not the case. Some are forgeting the very foundations Sikhi stands on and for this I am really concerned. Where is Sikhi headed if the very foundations are being overlooked.

Here are some of my views:

• There have always been Sehajdhari Sikhs - monays have been included in this. Remember the monay Brar Jats?
  • Alcohol can be used medicinally by Sikhs as can other drugs. The idea is not to get off your head. There are accounts of this from eyewitness's.
  • People get all excited because the Baba's and Bhai's he seems to have criticised he is saying are not perfect.Well he's entitled to his view. I have strongly criticised Bhai Randhir Singh in the past about his writings.
  • If he believes in a Sanatan version of Sikhi, he is entitled to, jsut as AKJ, GNSSJ, DDT, 3HO etc believe in a heavily Vaishnavised version of Sikhi....even though the latter groups won't admit it.
Now does this make me bad?;)

There is no such thing as Sehajdari Sikh. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib jis Hukam was for all Sikhs, there was no exceptions made.

If he believes in a Sanatan version of Sikhi, he is entitled to, jsut as AKJ, GNSSJ, DDT, 3HO etc believe in a heavily Vaishnavised version of Sikhi....even though the latter groups won't admit it.

Bhai Sahib ji, you are missing the point. He apologized for his views infront of his own Singhs, which also don't agree with him. He wrote a book that can be available globally and misguide the Sikh community and others. About the alcohol part if you watch the video again they are saying, you said Singh can drink sharaab meaning consume alcohol as alcohol, not as medicine. And if he did not mean it that way then he would have spoken up and said you are misintrepriting what I have said or one of his SInghs would have done it. Same with the haircutting comment. It comes clear what is at question and what Nddar Singh ji apologizes for in the Video. I had to watch it a couple of times to get what was being said.

randip singh, I agree 100% with you. You have made some very good points. I'm coming from a neutral point of view and these points are valid. AKJ and other jathas need to realisewhat’s out there and not fight it but logically rectify the issue, if it is an issue.

Niddhar's support has been increasing over the last few years and its continuing to grow. The reason, he has used his brain to deal with the issues not just use brut force. One thing I have discovered with Discoversikhi forum, if you have a separate point of view on a subject, they label you as an RSS agent. For Gods sake it a discussion forum, that’s the whole point of it to discuss these matters.

I apologies if I have offended any one.

Gurfethay

Kuds ji you say it was resolved illogically, but the very video shows otherwise. Also saying Niddar SIngh jis support increasing is overlooking why it is increasing. Many factor could have contributed here. His views could have just appealed to the youth and not gone with Sikhi. We see alot of this, people agree with what fits to their lifestyle and not going with Sikhi. The thing these days that is being spread is that we Sikhs need to get with the moderate world. This would mean to go against Guru ji and go with what people accept in society. Just because the masses agree to it does not mean it is right.

One thing I have discovered with Discoversikhi forum, if you have a separate point of view on a subject, they label you as an RSS agent. For Gods sake it a discussion forum, that’s the whole point of it to discuss these matters.

Its not Discoversikhi forum that label people as RSS, its the people that discuss in those sites. Just like in this site our views are not of Sikh Philosophy Network the same applies at other sites.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Khalsa ji

Here is the link to the table of contents

Amazon.co.uk: Books: In the Master's Presence: The Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib: 1

Here is the link to the index

Here is the link to an excerpt in the book

This is all about the history of Hazoor Sahib. Not about misleading the youth of Sikhi. If there are errors, the legitimate critics will be other historians -- don't you think?

Khalsa ji

Here is the link to the table of contents

Here is the link to the index

Here is the link to an excerpt in the book

This is all about the history of Hazoor Sahib. Not about misleading the youth of Sikhi. If there are errors, the legitimate critics will be other historians -- don't you think?

This doesn't prove anything Aad ji. Presenting the index, table of content, and so on doesn't mean anything. You're making a big assumption and don't even have much support. Please watch the video, its solid proof of what took place and what Bhai Niddar Singh ji apologized for. To repeat myself for the 100th time he apologised for making mistakes in the book In the Master's Presence: The Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib:1and if you listen carefully he says for misleading the Sikh community. I believe that includes the Sikh youth.

After 5 pages of discussion, I'm glad they made the video. Now its clear whose right and whose wrong.:)

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
This doesn't prove anything Aad ji. Presenting the index, table of content, and so on doesn't mean anything. You're making a big assumption and don't even have much support. Please watch the video, its solid proof of what took place and what Bhai Niddar Singh ji apologized for. To repeat myself for the 100th time he apologised for making mistakes in the book In the Master's Presence: The Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib:1and if you listen carefully he says for misleading the Sikh community. I believe that includes the Sikh youth.

After 5 pages of discussion, I'm glad they made the video. Now its clear whose right and whose wrong.:)

1 Question:

Have you read his book?

Because that alleged apology really means nothing.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Bhai Sahib none of these people speak for the video where Niddar Singh ji apologises. This information is irrelevant as me saying when Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji was called maya and lifeless by a poster, these views are of this site; Sikh Philosophy Network.

No. these are my views not the views of this site. My view is that AKJ, DDT, GNSSJ etc sites spewed out garbage that has led people to post abuse about Niddar Singh.

Alot of people put garbage on the internet and it happens on every discussion site. Some are just moorakh people and after being warned they still do it. What can you do about it.

You can stop AKJ, DDT, GNSSJ sites from allowing garbage to be posted on their sites that fuels this.

Bhai Sahib, Niddar SIngh ji was confronted about his views in a respectful manner and he apologized for his mistakes.

Were you there?

How do you know someone wasn't holding agun behind the camera? How do you know that there were not mutitudes there to get him?

Bhai Niddar SIngh ji did not apology just to keep peace, if he did then the very kirpan he wears is only for show.

If this is what you think then you do not under stand the code of the SantSipahi. Ever heard of the term "discretion is the better part of valour?" He used discretion to shut up a baying mob, kudos to him.

If some jathas are oppressors then the time of the video was Niddar Singh ji time to show who they really are, he would have exposed them. But this was not the case. Some are forgeting the very foundations Sikhi stands on and for this I am really concerned. Where is Sikhi headed if the very foundations are being overlooked.

Come on. Is that what you really think? That is pretty naive.

This video has been used to ridicule him. Those jathas should hang their heads in shame.

There is no such thing as Sehajdari Sikh. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib jis Hukam was for all Sikhs, there was no exceptions made.

I beg to difffer. Read some history and find out who was looking after Sikh shrines when othodox Sikhs were in hiding in the jungles.

Bhai Sahib ji, you are missing the point. He apologized for his views infront of his own Singhs, which also don't agree with him. He wrote a book that can be available globally and misguide the Sikh community and others.

STOP.

Have you read the book. If you haven't then you cannot make that comment. You should withdraw it.

About the alcohol part if you watch the video again they are saying, you said Singh can drink sharaab meaning consume alcohol as alcohol, not as medicine. And if he did not mean it that way then he would have spoken up and said you are misintrepriting what I have said or one of his SInghs would have done it. Same with the haircutting comment. It comes clear what is at question and what Nddar Singh ji apologizes for in the Video. I had to watch it a couple of times to get what was being said.

You cannot reason with bayiong mobs or uneducated people in my experience. Niddar did the right thing and told them what they wanted to hear, and apologised.

The educated people can make up their own mind by buying the book and reading it.....my copy is coming soon and I look forward to reading it.

1 Question:

Have you read his book?

Because that alleged apology really means nothing.

OOO man do i need to read the book. For Gods sake the guy apologized for the Book. Randip singh ji, you have a baised view here. You hate AKJ and are in favor of Niddar Singh ji. You are not looking at the facts ( the video and written apology) but only at your baised view. Not being rude, but your opinion of a jatha or a man don't mean anything especially when they are one sided.

No. these are my views not the views of this site. My view is that AKJ, DDT, GNSSJ etc sites spewed out garbage that has led people to post abuse about Niddar Singh.

You can stop AKJ, DDT, GNSSJ sites from allowing garbage to be posted on their sites that fuels this.

Were you there?

How do you know someone wasn't holding agun behind the camera? How do you know that there were not mutitudes there to get him?

If this is what you think then you do not under stand the code of the SantSipahi. Ever heard of the term "discretion is the better part of valour?" He used discretion to shut up a baying mob, kudos to him.

This video has been used to ridicule him. Those jathas should hang their heads in shame.

I beg to difffer. Read some history and find out who was looking after Sikh shrines when othodox Sikhs were in hiding in the jungles.

STOP.

Have you read the book. If you haven't then you cannot make that comment. You should withdraw it.

You cannot reason with bayiong mobs or uneducated people in my experience. Niddar did the right thing and told them what they wanted to hear, and apologised.

The educated people can make up their own mind by buying the book and reading it.....my copy is coming soon and I look forward to reading it.

I never said these views are of the site.:) Re-read that part again.

This view is biased as it gets. Don't be looking in a 90 degree angle. Do a turn 360 degrees then write on this.

Were you there?

Don't need to be there, the video shows it all.

You didn't take it to the extreme should have said how do you know if someone wasn't holding a sniper rifle through the window and a grenade launcher in the corner. Really childish stuff Bhai Sahib.

Prove that there was a mob there. Maybe the mafia was there. Flew in from Italy and New York. Then the New jersey crew came in there nicley tailored suits and forced Niddar Singh ji to apologize.

Naive about what? His own Singhs that questioned his view should hold there head in shame for questioning his views and then proven him wrong! What are you getting at.

Start a new discussion topic about if Sehjadhari Sikhs exist. All these political names have no place in Sikhi.

STOP.

Bhai Sahib you are not making any sense.

Too bad this isn't a trial, Randip Singh ji you would be a terrible lawyer. Overlooking every fact and sticking to personal views. Thank God this stuff does not work in court rooms and in Gods court.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I never said these views are of the site.:) Re-read that part again.

This view is biased as it gets. Don't be looking in a 90 degree angle. Do a turn 360 degrees then write on this.

Don't need to be there, the video shows it all.

You didn't take it to the extreme should have said how do you know if someone wasn't holding a sniper rifle through the window and a grenade launcher in the corner. Really childish stuff Bhai Sahib.

Prove that there was a mob there. Maybe the mafia was there. Flew in from Italy and New York. Then the New jersey crew came in there nicley tailored suits and forced Niddar Singh ji to apologize.

Naive about what? His own Singhs that questioned his view should hold there head in shame for questioning his views and then proven him wrong! What are you getting at.

Start a new discussion topic about if Sehjadhari Sikhs exist. All these political names have no place in Sikhi.

Bhai Sahib you are not making any sense.

Too bad this isn't a trial, Randip Singh ji you would be a terrible lawyer. Overlooking every fact and sticking to personal views. Thank God this stuff does not work in court rooms and in Gods court.

Cutting through the personal remarks.

Have you read his book?

Yes or No?

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
Singh, My brother,

Have you met Niddhar Singh? In my personal opinion, you have not met him. You have been listening to many of your friends. The other thing, you have your ways and you are stuck with them, so Veer ji i really do feel sorry for you.

Discoversikhi.com, is a forum which is based on AKJ set views and YES very one faced views. Brother, everyone has different views and if you are not going to discuss these, you sound like someone from islam. With many of the Jathas, its their way or no way to sikhi. So carry on and i think if you don't like the comments being posted on this forum, you should not post on this forum.

Forgive me if i have offended anyone.

Gurufetha

Singh, My brother,

Have you met Niddhar Singh? In my personal opinion, you have not met him. You have been listening to many of your friends. The other thing, you have your ways and you are stuck with them, so Veer ji i really do feel sorry for you.

Discoversikhi.com, is a forum which is based on AKJ set views and YES very one faced views. Brother, everyone has different views and if you are not going to discuss these, you sound like someone from islam. With many of the Jathas, its their way or no way to sikhi. So carry on and i think if you don't like the comments being posted on this forum, you should not post on this forum.

Gurufetha

What does meeting with Niddar Singh ji got to do with anything? Did I need to meet with Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji to know his views?

Your little friend remark. I am not in no jatha. Or got a circle of friends that drill poision down my ears. Or got some kind of agenda to ruin a persons name. But for some this is the other way around. I don't have my ways, i go with gurmat, not with no jathas or Gurdwara committees or whatever else is out there. If you feel sorry for me for following Gurmat then stay in your blissful state.

Brother, everyone has different views and if you are not going to discuss these, you sound like someone from islam. With many of the Jathas, its their way or no way to sikhi. So carry on and i think if you don't like the comments being posted on this forum, you should not post on this forum.

Some people just can't accept the truth even when its so blantly presented to you. Randip Singh j has his views, but he trys to twist things in the video to change the video from what it actually shows. Randip Singh ji pretty much tried everything to twist the video and it didn't work. Now hes gone to the point of just sayin stop and then adding comments about 'sehjadahris' people to divert the discussion away from the main discussion. Also the little comment about some historiacal data that shows somethings. When asked to present it, he forgot all about it. Funny how that happens.

I give a unbaised view and if that hurts who you are. Then you have alot more self work to do. Anyone that is following Gurmat is classified as a fanatic or Islamic fanatic. I am not surprised that I heard it from you. It's an easy escape for some people, just call the other a fanatic and end of discusion. Usually comes out of the people that haven't taken amrit and/or on certain days decide to follow Sikhi. The whole pick and choose some Sikhs like to call Sikhi.

So carry on and i think if you don't like the comments being posted on this forum, you should not post on this forum.

Then you shouldn't post on this forum. You didn't like my views on this forum so I think you should not post on this forum. ITs not fun when the same sentence gets turned, is it?

Then you should start apologising to the Islam community for using there name to insult someone.

Cutting through the personal remarks.

Have you read his book?

Yes or No?

Why does it only have to be a yes or no question. There are many other factors that need to be looked by you Bhai Sahib. Niddar Singh ji apologized for the many mistakes he has made in the book. After watching the video and how speachless he was on his views, I don't think I'll buy the book. Books about Sikhi with mistakes in them seem to dilute peoples minds and call Gurmat follow Sikhs fanatics and so on.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dear kuls

I agree with singh ji on this point that meeting or not meeting Niddar has nothing to do with
making opinion on him.We have to hear or read his views then only we can make opinion

Bhai Sahib ji, you didn't present the unbaised view right. Here I'll present the two videos side by side. Then the sangat can decide.

YouTube - Nang Niddar Singh Apology - Hazoor Sahib 2008

YouTube - 'In the Master's Presence' Book Launch

After watching the two videos there is some political agendas that go against gurmat at play. Niddar Singh jis views are on shaky foundations after his two head colliding confessions. If you decide to read this book written by Niddar Singh ji then read it with a telescope. In fact I think and not making a joke here, a telescope should come with the book.

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
Singh Ji

What are you trying to prove by posting these videos? What do you want to prove? If people want make their minds up about Niddhar Singh, then it's a personal thing. My brother, you are very good at writing long posts to explain what you trying to say, but you sound like a brain washer.
"Some people just can't accept the truth even when its so blantly presented to you."
What truth? Do you know the ultimate truth? These videos are pointless mate, the book has been released so read it. Singh, What point are you trying to prove? Niddhar Singh is a bad name? He has made an apology? But to who?

Have a good day, to much anger will kill you.

I'm not apologizing to any one, because I have not made any mistakes.

Gurufeath

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
At the end of the day Mr. Niddar's views are that Sikhs are part of the Hindu Samaj, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj prayed to devi devte, as should sikhs, Bhang to be consumed on a regular basis (ie. not only battle) and stated that some of the greatest Gursikhs would take this even before their morning nitnem! Insulted some of the greatest shaheeds of our time, eg. Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh Ji, Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranvale, stated mukhis of taksal are all liars in stating that Damdami Taksal was not started by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, insulted great Gursikhs such as Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, insulted and lied about the various respected jathas of the Khalsa Panth, etc. etc.
He states that women do not need to wear dastars, keep kesh apart from on the head, and much more twisting up of rehit.
All of this can be seen on his websites.

It is not a matter of a single jatha rejecting him, but of all those who disagree with him on these fundamental issues.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM