• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nihang Niddar Singh - What Is The Controversy?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Some days back I posted comments of bahadur singh/javanmard/bahadur ali , an ex - sikh convert.Much of his anger was directed towards niddar singh and his nihangs,that guy really had bad experiance with him.I even talked with vijaydeep singh on niddar some days back and he told me that niddar has some goon type mentality.

I have watched a few more videos of him. My opinion of Niddar:

• He seems well educated
  • Physically very fit
  • Speaks very respectfully
  • He has had death threats to him allegedly by AKJ
  • His family have had death threats allegedly by the AKJ
  • A disabled family member actually beaten by identified AKJ members
  • He's written a book with Parmjit Singh
  • He teaches kids martial arts and how to defend themselves
I think given if I had death threats, a disabled family member beaten, I may too have goons around me.

My concern is why people seem so threatened by him when all neutral accounts of him show him to be a decent fellow?

Ermm Nihangs don't smoke. Where did you get such misinformation. Sukka is consumed in a liquid form. It was administered to Sikhs before battle. It is something commmonly used by Kshatriya class in the Indian subcontinent.

I think that apology was made under duress and some people stirred the situation up against Niddar.

LOL, Randip ji i was just making a joke about the Sukha part. That joke had nothing to do with the Nihang Singhs and there intake of Sukha.

Some members had mentioned that Nihangs follow the puratan Sikhi and then I just said that would mean that they believe that Sikhs are Hindus and Kaurs can cut there hair. Because that is what Niddar Singh ji apologized for stating in his book.:D

Nihang Singhs also challenged Niddar Singh ji on the same issues. Its just now he apologized infront of the various jatha that were listed in my last post.

I have watched a few more videos of him. My opinion of Niddar:

• He seems well educated
  • Physically very fit
  • Speaks very respectfully
  • He has had death threats to him allegedly by AKJ
  • His family have had death threats allegedly by the AKJ
  • A disabled family member actually beaten by identified AKJ members
  • He's written a book with Parmjit Singh
  • He teaches kids martial arts and how to defend themselves
I think given if I had death threats, a disabled family member beaten, I may too have goons around me.

My concern is why people seem so threatened by him when all neutral accounts of him show him to be a decent fellow?

This whole thing is being taken out of porportion. Niddar Singh ji apoloigized for his mistakes and that should be the end of it.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
LOL, Randip ji i was just making a joke about the Sukha part. That joke had nothing to do with the Nihang Singhs and there intake of Sukha.

Some members had mentioned that Nihangs follow the puratan Sikhi and then I just said that would mean that they believe that Sikhs are Hindus and Kaurs can cut there hair. Because that is what Niddar Singh ji apologized for stating in his book.:D

Nihang Singhs also challenged Niddar Singh ji on the same issues. Its just now he apologized infront of the various jatha that were listed in my last post.

:D
LOL...I see.

Saying that, I have heard from other historical sources that because all the Panj Pyarey were men, the 5k's is optional for women. So it may be a serious point he has made. In anycase, just because we don't agree, it does not mean those people should silence him.

:D
LOL...I see.

Saying that, I have heard from other historical sources that because all the Panj Pyarey were men, the 5k's is optional for women. So it may be a serious point he has made. In anycase, just because we don't agree, it does not mean those people should silence him.

Interesting veer ji can these hsitorical sources be presented for the rest of the sangat to see. It would be interest to see who wrote these historical sources and where they come from.

Back to Niddar Singh ji, well if he had the proof veer ji then he wouldn't have apologized for his mistakes. Niddar Singh ji would have presented the historical sources and if he did they must not be valid support. Like i said in my last post Niddar SIngh jis views were challenged, meaning he was given the opportunity to present his case and even doing so he apologized for his wrong doings; he was proven wrong.

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
This so called apology, who was it to? Sikhs? But it still did not change anything, Niddhar's book still got published and that’s what he ultimately wanted. I have to give it to this guy, he has some serious courage, to make the apology and then release the book. That seems to me a big slap on people who are using this as downfall of Niddhar.

Why are we so against him? He has his opinion and if people wanted to follow him then let them. If AKJ and other sects cant keep hold of their young sangat, then that’s an issue they should try to resolve in the jatha.

The question is why so many Educated and the young are following his philosophy, that is the true question then these Jatha's may find the answer.

I apologies if I have offended any one.

Gurufetha

This so called apology, who was it to? Sikhs? But it still did not change anything, Niddhar's book still got published and that’s what he ultimately wanted. I have to give it to this guy, he has some serious courage, to make the apology and then release the book. That seems to me a big slap on people who are using this as downfall of Niddhar.

Why are we so against him? He has his opinion and if people wanted to follow him then let them. If AKJ and other sects cant keep hold of their young sangat, then that’s an issue they should try to resolve in the jatha.

The question is why so many Educated and the young are following his philosophy, that is the true question then these Jatha's may find the answer.

Gurufetha

It was not an opinion, his statements according to him were in line with Sikhi and for that his statements got challenged and he could not support them. Niddar Singh ji was and is misleading the sangat on a global level with his book and this does become a issue for all Sikhs. It's only a natural response for a Sikh to stand up for what is right. Something our Guru taugh/teaches us on this journey to the Lord.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Interesting veer ji can these hsitorical sources be presented for the rest of the sangat to see. It would be interest to see who wrote these historical sources and where they come from.

I will have a look but you are missing the point. The point is he is entitled to his view. We may not agree with his view but he is entitled to it.

Back to Niddar Singh ji, well if he had the proof veer ji then he wouldn't have apologized for his mistakes. Niddar Singh ji would have presented the historical sources and if he did they must not be valid support. Like i said in my last post Niddar SIngh jis views were challenged, meaning he was given the opportunity to present his case and even doing so he apologized for his wrong doings; he was proven wrong.

Not at all.

Do you think those loony tunes would have had a reasoned conversation with him?

I have seen the youtube video and it seemed to be a mob rather than a reasoned debate.

I think it shows great humility on his part to apologise even when he has done nothing wrong but present a view point.

And Sikh apologise all the time....ever heard the phrase Bul Chak Maff?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
It was not an opinion, his statements according to him were in line with Sikhi and for that his statements got challenged and he could not support them.

This is not true. I have watched his apology. He does not say this.

Niddar Singh ji was and is misleading the sangat on a global level with his book and this does become a issue for all Sikhs.

How is he misleading Sangat? Have you read his book?

It's only a natural response for a Sikh to stand up for what is right. Something our Guru taugh/teaches us on this journey to the Lord.

It's right to stand up for what's right, but not to act like a bunch of jackals baying for blood like the you tube video. This fellow seems to do more good than bad.

I will have a look but you are missing the point. The point is he is entitled to his view. We may not agree with his view but he is entitled to it.

Not at all.

Do you think those loony tunes would have had a reasoned conversation with him?

I have seen the youtube video and it seemed to be a mob rather than a reasoned debate.

I think it shows great humility on his part to apologise even when he has done nothing wrong but present a view point.

And Sikh apologise all the time....ever heard the phrase Bul Chak Maff?

Bhia Sahib watch the video more closely. At the beginning a Singh says look at this, at first there were only 4 to 5 singhs so why all this chaos now. (Same thing said a little later on in the video by another Singh and Niddar Singh ji is nodding his head giving the indication he agrees with what is being said directly to him.) Then afterwards a Singh states some of these Singh are Baba ji (Niddar Singh jis) Singhs and Niddar Singh ji did not deny is Singh were there. They treat Niddar Singh ji with respect and gave him the chance to explain himself. Niddar Singh ji had no response when asked to explain his views. To call these guys goons or loony tunes is a shortcoming on your part. Even his own Singhs did not speak out for him on his views that were present during the apology video.

The apology is a documented account and video account of Bhai Niddar Singh ji apologizing for his mistakes made in the book he wrote. The video shows the seriousness of the apology that is being asked from Niddar Singh ji. Not the way you state it as just Bul chak maff. You say he has done nothing wrong, but yet Niddar Sigh ji is apologizing himself for making mistakes in his book and it is documented and videoed.

To state: I have not taken no sides to this whole thing neither am I saying someone stated I did, just looking at the facts and presenting what happened.

This is not true. I have watched his apology. He does not say this.

How is he misleading Sangat? Have you read his book?

It's right to stand up for what's right, but not to act like a bunch of jackals baying for blood like the you tube video. This fellow seems to do more good than bad.

Bhai Sahib ji, Niddar Singh ji apologizes for the many mistakes he has made in his book and on misleading the Sikhi community in the video. I don't know how someone can up out and say he did not mislead the Sikhi community when he directly says he did do it himself, but staying in context.

Veer ji I am not saying he is a bad guy or a good guy just sticking to what is at hand and repeating what was said inthe video by Niddar Singh ji. Niddar Singh ji could be doing more good then bad, but in this case he apologizes for his wrong doings. In this case it is relevant to say he was wrong.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Bhai Sahib ji, Niddar Singh ji apologizes for the many mistakes he has made in his book and on misleading the Sikhi community in the video. I don't know how someone can up out and say he did not mislead the Sikhi community when he directly says he did do it himself, but staying in context.

Veer ji I am not saying he is a bad guy or a good guy just sticking to what is at hand and repeating what was said inthe video by Niddar Singh ji. Niddar Singh ji could be doing more good then bad, but in this case he apologizes for his wrong doings. In this case it is relevant to say he was wrong.

Look Brother,

I am going to make my mind up when I have read his book.

I am sceptical whether his apology was made just to keep the peace or whether he actually apologised for content in his book.

As a general note I am very worried about sites being set up just to slander someone. Here are some examples I found just now:

YouTube - Niddar The Giddar <<< what exactly is he doing wrong here apart from teaching kids self defence? They say he RSS, how and where? Where is he telling peopleto drink alcohol?:eek:

Nang Niddar Exposed - DiscoverSikhi.Com <<< More bacwaas posted by the notorious idiot Banda Singh who runs a very dodgy Sikh website that misforms Sikhs about Sikh History.:eek:

Nang Niddar Exposed - DiscoverSikhi.Com <<<< more nindya from that fanatical tapoban site.:eek:

Niddar 'Singh' <<<< a blog spot set up by a Nindak to slander Niddar Singh? How is this person still a Sikh after slandering someone like this?:eek:

Panthic Weekly: Sanatanist Nihang Niddar Apologizes on newly released Hazur Sahib Video <<<< here we have the biggest nindiya platform in the world, Panthic Weekly, slandering him.:eek:

Now Singh ji even you have to admit what kind of cowardly "Sikhs" put up such slandering garbage on the internet?

I always thought Sikhs were fearless and if they had a problem they confronted them likewise.

If Niddar Singh has published a book with references then why don't the Nindaks publish a researched book to counter him rather than spreading hate and garbage on the net?

Can you see where I am coming from? No man deserves such slandering.

Here are some of my views:

• There have always been Sehajdhari Sikhs - monays have been included in this. Remember the monay Brar Jats?
  • Alcohol can be used medicinally by Sikhs as can other drugs. The idea is not to get off your head. There are accounts of this from eyewitness's.
  • People get all excited because the Baba's and Bhai's he seems to have criticised he is saying are not perfect.Well he's entitled to his view. I have strongly criticised Bhai Randhir Singh in the past about his writings.
  • If he believes in a Sanatan version of Sikhi, he is entitled to, jsut as AKJ, GNSSJ, DDT, 3HO etc believe in a heavily Vaishnavised version of Sikhi....even though the latter groups won't admit it.
Now does this make me bad?;)

PS Excuse some of my language, but this Nindiya has got me riled up.

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
randip singh, I agree 100% with you. You have made some very good points. I'm coming from a neutral point of view and these points are valid. AKJ and other jathas need to realise what’s out there and not fight it but logically rectify the issue, if it is an issue.

Niddhar's support has been increasing over the last few years and its continuing to grow. The reason, he has used his brain to deal with the issues not just use brut force. One thing I have discovered with Discoversikhi forum, if you have a separate point of view on a subject, they label you as an RSS agent. For Gods sake it a discussion forum, that’s the whole point of it to discuss these matters.

Gurfethay

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
randip singh, I agree 100% with you. You have made some very good points. I'm coming from a neutral point of view and these points are valid. AKJ and other jathas need to realisewhat’s out there and not fight it but logically rectify the issue, if it is an issue.

When these sites put out materail defaming Nihang Niddar Singh, who is the loser? Sikhism

When they call him an RSS Agent, who is the loser? Sikhism

When they say only their Jatha view point is right and no else has a view point, who is the loser? Sikhism

Niddhar's support has been increasing over the last few years and its continuing to grow. The reason, he has used his brain to deal with the issues not just use brut force. One thing I have discovered with Discoversikhi forum, if you have a separate point of view on a subject, they label you as an RSS agent. For Gods sake it a discussion forum, that’s the whole point of it to discuss these matters.

Gurfethay

I have been reading a lot of stuff over the last few days and you are correct, Niddars base is steadily increasing. Why?

1) He listens to other viewpoints
2) He is not Hindu-phobic like many DDT, AKJ and other groups
3) He tries to look at subjects in an analytical and rational way
4) He seems educated and well spoken.
5) There does not seem to be any elements of fanaticism in his views.

What I want to know is is there a rivalry between Ustad Uptej Singh and Nihang Niddar Singh?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
randip singh, I agree 100% with you. You have made some very good points. I'm coming from a neutral point of view and these points are valid. AKJ and other jathas need to realisewhat’s out there and not fight it but logically rectify the issue, if it is an issue.

Gurfethay

You are not exaggerating. A friend of mine had the experience on a very popular forum of being called "shady" because she expressed a view about the 5 k's: That their power lay in the spiritual strength they gave, rather than "magical" protection of Waheguru. It was unbelievable how blatantly mean-spirited the responses were.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
You are not exaggerating. A friend of mine had the experience on a very popular forum of being called "shady" because she expressed a view about the 5 k's: That their power lay in the spiritual strength they gave, rather than "magical" protection of Waheguru. It was unbelievable how blatantly mean-spirited the responses were.

*Shakes Head*

When will Sikhs get out of the Semetic concept of magic, miracles and freak shows.

Is it so hard for people to accept that is Spirtual Power rather than magic tricks that gave/gives Sikhs power?

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire

aad0002 ji, thank you for agreeing with me. Many times I have been on the Discoversikh forum and many of my posts never get posted. So I have finally given up these people. Sikhs have to understand the true spiritual concept not like some magic powers (mentioned my randip singh ji). Sikhs have to get out of this thinking and bring some practicality into it.

I apologies if I have offended any one

Gurufetha & God Bless

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
What I want to know is is there a rivalry between Ustad Uptej Singh and Nihang Niddar Singh?

randip Singh,

There is no rivalry between Ustad Uptej Singh and Nihang Niddar Singh. It had started of as nothing that has been turned into a forest fire. People who been fueling this fire are the AKJ, I think not even his students say there is a rivalry. If you speak to Niddhar Singh on this issue he will say "I have no issue with him but it's been misled by many Jathas who are against me".
I hope this has made it a bit clearer.

Gurufetha

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
aad0002 ji, thank you for agreeing with me. Many times I have been on the Discoversikh forum and many of my posts never get posted. So I have finally given up these people. Sikhs have to understand the true spiritual concept not like some magic powers (mentioned my randip singh ji). Sikhs have to get out of this thinking and bring some practicality into it.

I apologies if I have offended any one

Gurufetha & God Bless

Well Kuls1980 -- You are welcome. I hardly ever post there, and use a different screen name anyway. But I do once a week read some of the discussions. And I just shake my head. :confused: And many of the other forums have similar discussions.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM