• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Khalsank

SPNer
May 8, 2006
Myself working in an educational organisation in Delhi (India). My husband and two daughters are dedicated to sikhism. I see around a lot of sikh organisations or small groups working for people to educate themselves, uplift them, feed them. A question always arises in mind why a few small groups become merged as they have only one task to do and that is for humanity.
Khalsank

Mar 22, 2006
Dear Khalsank,
Guru Fateh! I think you are asking why the small groups don't merge and join their sincere forces to serve the same mission. The way I see it being an adopted Sikh, a prodigal son of the Guru. The message and intent of the great soul of Guru Nanak came just in the last 500 years of the Piscean Age. This age is one of secrecy and belief. Even the true message of service and love of Christ has been covered up by powerful elite groups calling themselves followers of him. Guru Nanak's message is Aquarian. It has created a very noble path of Sikhs, a strong yet humble company of saints. They were formed over a 300 year evolution. Souls are still being born that will manifest this Light. Be patient and keep praying. The Guru's teachings will remain. These small groups will become more secure and more humble as time goes on. They will merge and become one KHALSA PANTH, one Dharma.
The die has been cast. The time has been set.
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khala
Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh!

DragonKhanda

SPNer
Mar 17, 2006
Chicago
Sat Sri Akal! I'm joining this board because I am born Sikh, but I feel so ignorant of my heritage. There is no one around whom I can take my questions to as my father passed away and my mother isn't that well off... Anyway, 1st gen in America, tough love is what we gotta learn it seems. Tryinn to find direction in life, for all the lurkers who feel so lost, you are definitly not alone. May Waheguru bless all His Children; Waheguru resides in You! Dont go chasing all the things that are not true; Sit still and He will come in to You! Sri Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Sri WAheguru Ji Ki Fateh

gbs

SPNer
May 11, 2006
Sadar Gur fateh to all members,

My self S Gurbinder Singh based in Moradabad (UP), India engaed in Customs clearance and forwarding business. By the grace of allmighty Sadguru dass is trying to be a small part of the process of developing a pious Gurusthan of Saheb Shri Gurunanak dev ji Maharaj as he blessed the soil of Moradabad during his 1st "Udasi" i.e. between 1497 - 1508. The village is known as Nanakbari since than.

While digging for laying the foundation stone we have even found a 'Thada' of Nanakshahi bricks which has been kept for sacred darshan by sadh sangat. Wahe Guru has listned to our ardaas and Sant Baba Harbans singh ji has very kindly taken charge of the kar seva which has started.

I just thought that this will be a good forum to share this information with everyone.

Hope to be in touch with all like minded members.

Thanks & Regards,

Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa
Wahe Guru ji ki Fateh!

Guru Panth Ka Daas
GBS

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Welcome to SPN :)

GBS ji, I am getting curious to see thada u mentioned. How was it determined that the bricks belong to Guru Sahib's times. Could you pls post some pics of the place.

Thanks for your efforts in advance.

Sincerely, Arvind.

Rajwinder

Writer
SPNer
May 2, 2006
SSA to all the members ! I belong to a Sikh family and i have never thought about why I am following Sikhism :-(. I followed it caus my parents are Sikh. But then I went abroad, then every thing got questionable, caus in India people know who are Sikhs but in foreign countries people are not familiar with Sikhs.

Upon that as i am in computer industry so where ever i went ( abroad) I was the only sikh in the company. So every body was a little curious to know who i am and guess what ! even i was not sure why i am like this so i have decided to research on this and joined this forum.

I am not only hopeful but I am quite sure that I will make mistakes while stating some things about Sikhism so I would like to apologies for those in the very starting ….

I will try to learn as much as I can.

Thanks

May 14, 2006
Proud to be a sikh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am greatful to the founders and administrators of the forum to develop such a great forum and the members for the articles posted in the forum.
I would like to mention that
I am PROUD to be a SIKH
Jo Bole So Nihal,
Sat Sri Akal

BGILL

SPNer
May 14, 2006
New Jersey
Sat Sri Akal,
I got turned to this forum through a search for Gatka. Currently, I'm studying a martial art called Kali, based from the phillipines which is weapons based like Gatka. And while researching it and the Majapet(sp?) Empire, etc, inevitably my research has come back full circle to Gatka. I am moderatly versed in Sikhism, but have a lot to learn still, of which I plan to immerse my self in. I probably won't participate as much as I will read and review old threads because first and foremost I want to learn (and often that's the best way to learn).

balbirchawla

SPNer
May 13, 2006
Sat Sri Akal Everyone

WaheGuru Jee Ka khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh!!

I'm new to this site. My heartiest wishesh to everyone....may waheguru fulfill all yours dreams...with lots of love and wishesh Sings....Balbir....
You can write me at
balbirchawla@khalsa.com
Guru Fateh!!

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Re: Sat Sri Akal Everyone

Nice hearing from you balbir ji. God bless everyone, welcome to the site. Good to have members coming in. Like to hear from everyone back soon.

balbirchawla

SPNer
May 13, 2006
Re: Sat Sri Akal Everyone

Thanks Anoop , its really a good site, lots of good materials and last but not the least....good discussion part..
Guru Fateh!!

Anoop said:

Nice hearing from you balbir ji. God bless everyone, welcome to the site. Good to have members coming in. Like to hear from everyone back soon.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Hello,

I'm 21 and I'm from Adelaide, South Australia, and of German/English descent.

I was raised with no specific religion, explored neo-Paganism throughout my teens but I've spent nearly the last year focused on Sikhi.

I'm very interested in Sikhi and feel quite strongly that this is the path for me, however I do find it incredibally difficult to put into practice because of the massive cultural difference.

Bindy Bains put me onto this site a while ago, and now I'm saying "Hi!".

Thanks,
Ishna.

Nim_23

SPNer
May 16, 2006
Singapore
Hi all,

I am a 23 years old punjabi girl from Singapore. I am new to this site and believe I will enjoy my stay here.

I am interested to find out more about Sikhism.

A 'Granthi' in a gurdwara once said that those of us women who thread our eye-brows will give birth to kids who will be blind by eyes.

I agree that it is wrong for Sikhs to remove any hair from their body but I wonder who told the 'Granthi' about blindness? Is it his assumption?

I love Sikhism and I am proud to be a Sikh but the todays 'Granthi' in the gurdwara sometimes think too highly of themselves. They speak in a racist way about other religion, which is not what Sikhism teaches us.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM