• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

rudy

SPNer
May 17, 2006
Hello
My name is Rudy, I live in Ballintine South Carolina USA. I pass by one of the lovely Sikh locations here almost every day. I have always wanted to learn more about Sikh and now have that chance. I look forward to meating new poeple from all over the world and believe that this sight will help with this.
Your emails are welcome.
Sincerely,
Rudy

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Welcome! Rudy

We all are here to learn about Sikhism

I hope you will likw the website and it will prove help to you in many ways

Jatinder Singh

harmeek

SPNer
May 11, 2006
Hi Jyoti,

Welcome on SPN.

How are u doing.

TC

Bye

Harmeek.
jyoti2005 said:
WJKK WJKF,

I am Jyoti from India, Just joined SPN to learn more about the religion which I have inherited from my ancestors, the Sikhism. Hope we'll all enjoy it together.

Hope you all will forgive me if I commit some mistake during my stay at SPN.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Welcome every body !!!

Nim 23 , BGill ,Jintender Singh Oberoi

You all are most welcome here . If I am not worng you all are fortunate enough to be in touch with Sikhism due to you r family ,May God ( AKAL PURAKH) help you further on the journey

Ishna

As You are new to Sikhism and this forum

You are equally welcomed here on this forum and I hope we all will learn a lot together to make our life and whole humanity more receptive , Radiant and better than ever before .
and not to mention your friend Bindybains who refered you here is doing a great job here

Jatinder Singh

May 22, 2006
Dear Members of the SPN Community,

Wahe Guruji ka Khalsa, Wahe Guruji ki Fateh,

I am Rajneesh Kaur, and would like to say that it is a great pleasure to be here as a part of the SPN community, I really hope to learn a lot and hope that all the learning will lead to understanding of what is waheguru , and will help me know him a bit better.

Thanks and Regards

Rajneesh

kxs5020

SPNer
May 23, 2006
Dear Members, SPN Community,

WAHE JI KA KHALSA WAHE GURU JI KI FATEH, I am Kuljit Singh and new to the community. I feel very proud to be part of this community and would like to commend the host for running and keeping this group active. As these are quite challenging time for the sikh religion, I hope this group can further make us aware the importance of sikhism by speading the knowledge and great teachings of our Gurus. We do have lot of scholars and by virtue of their long time dedication and stong knowledge they can do a great Sava and make a big impact through this community by providing true knowlege and sharing their thoughts.

Thanks and best wishes

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Ballym, Rajneesh Kaur,Kuljit Singh

Welcome to forum !!

It is always pleasure to see new faces here now and then .

I hope everybody will have a learning experience for you all and in return you will enrich this experience for others already here

Jatinder Singh

KChehal

SPNer
May 26, 2006
Hello everyone. My name is KChehal and I am from the UK. It is a pleasure and honour to be a member of this forum. i hope to gain more knowledge and wisdom from the community. WAHEGURUJI KA KHALSA WAHEGURUJI KI FATEH

mycroft_1854

SPNer
May 27, 2006
Dear Members of SPN,

My name is Thomas, I'm french*, writing from Paris. I've discovered Sikhi a few month ago and ever since felt "attracted" by its philosphy, way of life, and, above all, the Guru's teachings.

I was educated as a christian, but religion began to make sense only when I read excerpts from the SGGSji and met sikh people. I attended a Kirtan in Paris three weeks ago, and it was a beautiful, inspiring experience.

Nevertheless, this is not a 'light' matter and I'm currently learning gumurkhi in order to 'test my faith' before going further towards a possible conversion.

So, I'm here to discuss various topics, learn about sikhism and meet people in a truly respectful way.

Thank you.

Thomas

* Please note that I don't support the french government's position on the Dastaar ban.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

mycroft_1854 said:
Dear Members of SPN,

My name is Thomas, I'm french*, writing from Paris. I've discovered Sikhi a few month ago and ever since felt "attracted" by its philosphy, way of life, and, above all, the Guru's teachings.

I was educated as a christian, but religion began to make sense only when I read excerpts from the SGGSji and met sikh people. I attended a Kirtan in Paris three weeks ago, and it was a beautiful, inspiring experience.

Nevertheless, this is not a 'light' matter and I'm currently learning gumurkhi in order to 'test my faith' before going further towards a possible conversion.

So, I'm here to discuss various topics, learn about sikhism and meet people in a truly respectful way.

Thank you.

Thomas

* Please note that I don't support the french government's position on the Dastaar ban.
Dear bro,

Welcome!

In Gurmat by mercy of Akal we get a chance to be like Lord Jesus Christ.

So after becoming Sikh you will retain Christianity but will also start to Be Muslim and Hindu also as being Sikh,we are like all and with all.

coming to Turban Ban in France.Das can say that Govt there did have worthy reason due to agreesive Tablegh(preaching) of so called Islam by bigot idoiotics Wahabis.So we are getting punishment of thier fault and not the fault of Govt.

As lord Jesus also got punishment for evil deeds of others.May Lord God Jehova/Ram/Allah/Akal have mercy on all human kind.

Jun 2, 2006
Bathgate,Scotland
Hello

My name is David,i'm Scottish, i'm soon to be 18 and i'm heading of to study psychology later this year at University. As you may have guessed from my username i am a Communist and i am an active member of the Communist Party of Britain. Although i was brought up a Catholic, i became an atheist at a very young age and when i was about 14 i began to study communism and marxist theory. But at the end of summer 2005 i began to feel a calling for spirituality and religion in my life. I studied Buddhism which didn't work for me, and eventually i resumed Catholicism. But during the time that i considered myself a Catholic i experienced high amounts of prejudice because of my political affiliation(Communism and left wing politics), and in one case i was told that i was EITHER a communist or a catholic. So i left Catholicism and began my religious search again. Very recently i have begun looking into Sikhismm and have found it to be a very interesting faith and one that suits me especially as i am pro-female rights,anti-bigotry,pro-human rights and all for equality and justice for all, etc. Also the idea of reincarnation appeals to me,meditation, belief in one God and many other aspects. Basically i see it as a religion which could work for myself and i decided to join a forum where there are Sikhs to discuss with. Hopefully you can accept me for my communist beliefs and let me learn more about sikhism and hopefully i can make my decision whether to adopt it as my faith or not. I hope to talk to you all soon.

Thank you,
David

Ps. if anyone can help me with advice on where to start studying, looking at prayers, how to try Sikhism in my life, etc, please contact me. I already know the basics of sikhism, but i have alot to learn. It means alot to me. Thanks.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
British_Communist said:
Hello

My name is David,i'm Scottish, i'm soon to be 18 and i'm heading of to study psychology later this year at University. As you may have guessed from my username i am a Communist and i am an active member of the Communist Party of Britain. Although i was brought up a Catholic, i became an atheist at a very young age and when i was about 14 i began to study communism and marxist theory. But at the end of summer 2005 i began to feel a calling for spirituality and religion in my life. I studied Buddhism which didn't work for me, and eventually i resumed Catholicism. But during the time that i considered myself a Catholic i experienced high amounts of prejudice because of my political affiliation(Communism and left wing politics), and in one case i was told that i was EITHER a communist or a catholic. So i left Catholicism and began my religious search again. Very recently i have begun looking into Sikhismm and have found it to be a very interesting faith and one that suits me especially as i am pro-female rights,anti-bigotry,pro-human rights and all for equality and justice for all, etc. Also the idea of reincarnation appeals to me,meditation, belief in one God and many other aspects. Basically i see it as a religion which could work for myself and i decided to join a forum where there are Sikhs to discuss with. Hopefully you can accept me for my communist beliefs and let me learn more about sikhism and hopefully i can make my decision whether to adopt it as my faith or not. I hope to talk to you all soon.

Thank you,
David

Ps. if anyone can help me with advice on where to start studying, looking at prayers, how to try Sikhism in my life, etc, please contact me. I already know the basics of sikhism, but i have alot to learn. It means alot to me. Thanks.

Dear David,

our Faith is diverse but united.

Das(vijaydeep Singh),will gove you a few links which can help you a lot.

www.sarbloh.info
www.gobindsadan.org
www.sikhmarg.org
www.gursikhijeevan.com
www.tapoban.org

and for scriptures

visit www.srigranth.org and you may get a link for www.sridasam.org there itself.

red salute to you comrade. We have a similar conept to sevrve community as whole meaning it worship or service of God as our God lives in human.

We do go after somethings which scince is yet to reach and God is one of that.

Jun 2, 2006
Bathgate,Scotland
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Dear David,

our Faith is diverse but united.

Das(vijaydeep Singh),will gove you a few links which can help you a lot.

www.sarbloh.info
www.gobindsadan.org
www.sikhmarg.org
www.gursikhijeevan.com
www.tapoban.org

and for scriptures

visit www.srigranth.org and you may get a link for www.sridasam.org there itself.

red salute to you comrade. We have a similar conept to sevrve community as whole meaning it worship or service of God as our God lives in human.

We do go after somethings which scince is yet to reach and God is one of that.

Thanks for the welcome and for the links, hopefully it shall prove valueable in my study. It is good to know that as a Communist i am accepted by Sikhs, unlike Christianity which has rejected my political beliefs as incorrect and incompatable with religion. Thanks for taking the time to post these links.

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Good evening everyone. Nice to know everyone taking part and having interest in waheguru ji. Sta ypeaceful, keep the spirits high, and love god with all our hearts

GeneralSSB

SPNer
Jun 1, 2006
London
Sasriakhal Ji to everyone. I am a new member, and I am honoured to be part of the network. My name is Sandeep, but General_SSB is what you may call me. I am very proud of being Sikh, but I find the historical nature of Sikhism very interesting. I hope to study it further when doing History at University later this year. I was attaracted to this network because of the word Philosophy. I believe Sikhism represents a deep sense of philosophy and ideas which are relevent to society. I also believe in discussion and debate. I do not oppose Sikh teachings, or the Guru's message, but to be a true Sikh, I believe you must question the 'moral rules of society' when you feel they are out of place, or derived from sinister motives; In many ways we are guardians of peace, which involves discussion and debate, instead of violence and any forms of extremism.

I look forward to future discussions, and I welcome any questions or comments if there ones to be made.

Live long and prosper. Sasriakhal Ji.

General_SSB:wah:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: