• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

kiran_kiran

SPNer
Apr 14, 2006
hi i,m new

hi every 1 i,m new to this forum ::cool:: hoping not posting in the wrong thread i,m a shia and a regular member at shia chat with a different id(seems its wellknown here) so this is how i got here ,hope you like my staying here .:)

serenader

SPNer
Apr 14, 2006
While looking for Indian History on the web I found this site and found it to be intresting, I am a muslim from Pakistan but have been away for half my life now. I would like to see how people to the east of the border think.

Apr 14, 2006
Dear Friends,

I joined this august forum basically to learn more about the Sikh faith.

I feel not many Sikhs are clear about Sikhism. I am on the lookout for those who have an open mind and recognise the difference between a Sikh and a Khalsa.

I would like to interact with all those who would be interested. I may be contacted directly at msvijan@vsnl.net or monie_ms@yahoo.co.in or msvijan@gmail.com

Your sevadar,

Manmohan.

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
il_sikh said:
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ke fateh!

I'm not Khalsa yet, but I do consider myself Sikh. I came to Sikhi after a long search on what religion I am. I know this is where I belong.

Justin

Welcome brother... to the forums and to sikhi. i have sent yuo an email. You have been searching several paths before, but somehow have been dissapointed.

I will try and help you through this path as much as possible.

Waheguru...

BB

sikhsoldier

SPNer
Apr 16, 2006
vahe guru ji ka khalsa
vahe guru ji ki fateh

i jus wanna introduce myself to all the SPN members, and say that this web site looks very impressive.

4rn SIKHSOLDIER !!!!

abbas

SPNer
Apr 19, 2006
Hi To All,
most of u people maybe amazed to see a muslim on this site,i am kashif abbas malik from lahore pakistan,in 18th century,my forfathers were sikh and then became muslims,i never ever feel comfertable tobe a muslim then i searched on sikhism becoz i dun know why but it naturely appeals me ,and thats why i am here,is muslim become a sikh?please help me out in this case,i want to become sikh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Dear Abbas veer,

We take the pleasure of having people from multiple faiths here, belonging to a broad range of occupations, age groups, mindsets...

Presence of learned people and learners from any background are welcomed with open arms here.

Regards, Arvind.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Abbas ,

Every body including muslim brothers are welcome to this forum !!

All the religions have been created with the will of ALAH/ AKAL !

One has to start his spirtual journey after that all the ways just lead to the one akal /alah

If you think that sikhism is the way for you ,then coming to this website could be your first step , here you can find basic knowledge about sikhism

But just to state again as always advised by our beloved enlighened masters /Gurus that God that your spirit long for and which one will meet at the end of journey is the same in all the religions it is the same Father of jesus/ Yehova/Allah /Akal/Paramatma
So which ever way you go on your spirtual jouney Sikhism could be guide to you

May akal Bless YOu

Jatinder Singh

Apr 20, 2006
Sat-Sri-Akaal to All

I encountered this site through mere chance and came across a debate regarding my faith. Disheartened by the prejudices and misinformed views aired by members about Namdhari Sikhs prompted me to join; with a view to clarify the beliefs of Namdhari Sikhs to those of you kinsmen and women who genuinely wish to broaden your knowledge about this great Panth called Gursikhi. I do not wish to enter into slandering matches nor to exchange abuse. We are taught to respect others beliefs and faith. So may The Lord grant us the strength to do that while we endevour to bridge our differences.

Sat-Sri-Akaal

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Sikh Namdhari

I am really glad to see you here !
And I apologose on the behalf of SPN if something has hurt you in any way , but thing is this is very unique forum where every body is alowed to express their views freely so sometime it might feel prejuiced at first instance ,I am sure you will soon find that this is not the case

I am keenly waiting for your posts which will put more light on namdhari tradition help understanding it more as personally I am very keen to do so

Enjoy your stay on This forum

Jatinder Singh

abbas

SPNer
Apr 19, 2006
Dears Bros,
thanx to All ,please do inform me about the major basics of sikhism and is there any kalima sort of thing to become a sikh?

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Bismilah Al Rahman Al Raheem.

Dear Brother Abbas,

Yuo will be surprised to know that First Sikh to keep hairs was also a Muslim (Bhai Mardana).Second Sikh of Guru Rai Bular was also a Muslim.

We need to understand that Islam mean to surrender to the will of Allah/Akal.

One who does that is Muslim.

Sikh panths(way) moves in this way.

We are always guided by in Spirit,Body and mind by Akal and we have to realsie the surrender to Allah.
So if you become Sikhs,das think that you are by now,you have to see Allah in all creation and all deeds dpne by you to creation you will have to behold that they are not your acs but What Allah Wants(As per Islam veryly without the will of Allah leafe can not flatter).

So first step is to surrender to the will of Allah and see Allah in whole universe and as worship or service Bandgi serve evrything around you.

To study Gurupanth
See the link below
www.srigranth.org

Then if you find yorself fit to be Singh then next spet is to undergo conversion called Amrit Sanskar.
Then thence you will be guided by a code of conduct called Rahit Maryada

for details see

www.sgpc.net

Then when your mind will loose ego and your brain will be not your but God will strat to control it(Term Brahmgian in us,Holy Ghost in Christians and Haq Haq Agah in Sufis),then you will get state of Khalsa or salvaged wihle alive.

to get converted it is better for you to come to India as your nations may not allow conversion as by rule.Though in past some Baluch Muslims did became Sikhs.What so ever may,as Sikh you are needed to neither hate you fellow country men or your former faith.

Say graduate (Sikh) shoule love one in senoir secondory (Muslims).

Allah Hafiz.

abbas

SPNer
Apr 19, 2006
thank u soo much vijay bro,it was so nice of u i visited at the above sites and got of of things from there,and and my heart and mind both r saying i am not doing wrong thing abbas797@hotmail.com is my email please add me soo that i will able to get more informations from u

Apr 22, 2006
:) :) :) :) :) hi everyone............i m nitin n i m doing my engineering from delhi. i m looking forward for more n more links in this site. i realy want to make more n more friends from my caste because i beleive that we punjabis rock the world. so jo boley sou nihaal.........sat sri akaal.:wah: :wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:

bina israni

SPNer
Apr 10, 2006
Thank you for letting me join the SPN forum, I am looking for deep meaning of life, somehow the circumstances of my life led to the path of gurubani,I want to learn more about it and I have a great desire to learn I like to know about some sites for shabada and kirtans and simrans .Hope all of you are doing great.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: