• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
hello i am religious world as i am new to sikh culture and gurudwara as i dont knw anything do tell me about this culture
Welcome religiousworld ji. Feel free to read through threads and start your own threads on topics that you want people to contribute on or you want more information on. This is only introductions thread.

Sat Sri Akal.

Navpreet29

SPNer
Apr 15, 2012
Faridabad
SSA everyone.
I was born Natalie, in a white American family. My parents were (and are) atheists and very firm in their belief (or lack of.) I was taught throughout my childhood that there is no God, no heaven, no rebirth and no meaning to life other than existence, and in my heart I never quite believed that. Six years ago at the age of 28, I met a Punjabi Sikh man who had come to the United States to finish his studies. And to shorten a rather long story, I fell in love not only with him, but with Waheguru and the Sikh way of life. We got married, I moved to his home city in India, and I adopted Sikhism, had my Amrit ceremony, and became Navpreet Kaur. I am still continuing to learn all I can about Sikhism as well as master the Punjabi language but I am thankful to have had so much support from my husband's family and the Sikh community, despite the terrible resistance from my own family. I hope I can discover more about Sikhi & continue to grow in my faith.

SantSipahi86

SPNer
Jul 17, 2011
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh !

My Name is Harpreet Singh with my display name as SantSipahi86.

I am here to learn more and more about Sikhism... to clear lots of doubts I have in mind.. Lot of questions for which I am searching for answers.

A software engineer by profession, working in L{censored}n & Toubro Infotech Ltd. in Navi Mumbai, INDIA in Datawarehousing domain as ETL developer from past 2 and half years.

Like to meet people... know their views on different topics.

Love to listen to Raag Kalyan (Prabh mera Anterjaami) and Raag Basant.

Regards,
Harpreet Singh.

Oct 29, 2010
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I am very thankful to all the new comers to the faith and the forum because it is you who ask basic questions which require all to sit up and think. I list a few facts that might interest some people who have joined recently.
Sikh religion is one of the youngest religions around. It has few traits that make it stand out and these are recognised by the Western and Eastern religions.
Firstly the Holy Book (Granth Sahib) is written by the gurus (the teachers) and that is not the case in any other religion.
The religion is not forced on to anybody nor is anyone coerced to join. The gurus made it clear that we have to learn and understand the scriptures and act upon the messages. For example no one sacrificed their life for us to have easy life – we have to do it ourselves.
If the message comes from people who practiced what they taught – it is much more palatable than otherwise. All the gurus lived a normal life and they did their best and expect the followers to do the same.
As in any line of knowledge – the more you know the more is there to know and understand. So it matters what level you achieve as to how you interpret the information in the scriptures.
Once you have convinced yourself that the message or information is correct then a single sentence may unravel a whole world.
There are a lot of examples taken from the Vedas, Shasters, and Puranas etc. as that is common currency of Indian culture. These should only be taken as examples to put the point over.
I leave you with one simple fact of life as taught by the gurus, it is said that no matter what we do, good or bad, we commit ‘pap’. ‘Pap’ not quite as sin it is more like doing ‘not the acceptable’. And thus only solution is to commit as little ‘pap’ as possible. I hope you can see where we are heading – we have to constantly be vigilant aware and analytical as to how best we feed ourselves, work, learn, design, make or do anything etc.– all! That puts a very tight ring around our way of life.
Hope you contribute your best to the forum.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
welcomekaur to all the new members here. It is wonderful to see such a diverse mix!

SSA everyone.
I was born Natalie, in a white American family. My parents were (and are) atheists and very firm in their belief (or lack of.) I was taught throughout my childhood that there is no God, no heaven, no rebirth and no meaning to life other than existence, and in my heart I never quite believed that. Six years ago at the age of 28, I met a Punjabi Sikh man who had come to the United States to finish his studies. And to shorten a rather long story, I fell in love not only with him, but with Waheguru and the Sikh way of life. We got married, I moved to his home city in India, and I adopted Sikhism, had my Amrit ceremony, and became Navpreet Kaur. I am still continuing to learn all I can about Sikhism as well as master the Punjabi language but I am thankful to have had so much support from my husband's family and the Sikh community, despite the terrible resistance from my own family. I hope I can discover more about Sikhi & continue to grow in my faith.

Navpreet ji
welcomekaur You made a very brave transition and I am glad you are finding peace & happiness in your choices. I would love to hear more about your experiences....

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I was taught throughout my childhood that there is no God, no heaven, no rebirth and no meaning to life other than existence

Bhenji,

Your not a million miles away :)

there is no Abrahamic God, no heaven, no rebirth, no meaning to life other than existing in consonance

well in my view anyway welcomekaur
WELCOME!

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI

Welcome to Sikh Philosophy net work.

Sikhism is way of life to pass this journey for all human beings on this earth which was not meant to be organized like others called religion who organized and keep on splitting with more off shoots thus causing all kinds of differences among them selves and the society by forgetting the real message left behind by their Prophets or Teachers came in to this world.

In Sikhism you will learn when Sikh prayers are taken we wishes best for all human beings not for any particular religion.

"Tere bhane sarbay ka bhalla" means we wish good wishes for all regardless of one's relegion.

Sikhism is way of life living for all not for only Sikhs.

Again in Sikhism like other religions there are also off shoots start emerging in the middle of 19 century by some individuals to organize their own groups to be self GURU than directing prayers to Guru Granth Sahib JI by creating differences among our faith of ONE TRUTHFUL beliefs that we all come from one light to have harmonious relations with all.

Jaspi

Aug 28, 2010
From within Gurbanee one can get complete and perfect knowledge of the CREATOR and Creations.To be in consonance with creation one is required to know the CREATOR.
Ultimately Gurbanee connects us with THE CREATOR only.

Prakash.S.Bagga

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
S S AKALJi.

It ia repeatedly expressed in writing by Guru Nanak Dev JI to explain in words or by any one prophets,Vedas,or by HIMSELF through any word or words was beyond explainations Even mentioned there is no words enough to appreciate HIS existances which can only realize by following HIS praises day and nights or reciting the Gurbani understanding the "SHABDS"

But if you read the GURBANI and understand the shabad one can realize the existence of the CREATOR which is being remembered by many names like -GOD-RAM-ALLAH OR ANY OTHER
OTHER NAMES BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.

Gasp

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
S S AKALJi.

It ia repeatedly expressed in writing by Guru Nanak Dev JI to explain in words or by any one prophets,Vedas,or by HIMSELF through any word or words was beyond explainations Even mentioned there is no words enough to appreciate HIS existances which can only realize by following HIS praises day and nights or reciting the Gurbani understanding the "SHABDS"

But if you read the GURBANI and understand the shabad one can realize the existence of the CREATOR which is being remembered by many names like -GOD-RAM-ALLAH OR ANY OTHER
OTHER NAMES BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.

Jaspi

salempaiyan

SPNer
Apr 29, 2012
I,S.R.KRISHNAMURTHY,follower of RSSB and faith in sikhism. I am research on 'sound and light comparing with Tamil saints & siddhas'.
Salempaiyanwelcomekaur

Oct 29, 2010
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Salempaiyan Ji,
I am intrigued about your short introduction. Please explain what RSSB is and if I quote correctly 'your research on sound and light comparing with Tamil saints and siddhas'. Can you please share a bit more so that we can be enlightened too.

Aug 28, 2010
Salempaiyan Ji,
I am intrigued about your short introduction. Please explain what RSSB is and if I quote correctly 'your research on sound and light comparing with Tamil saints and siddhas'. Can you please share a bit more so that we can be enlightened too.

I have found the full form of RSSB from internet.It is Radha Saomi Sangat Beas.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Jeos

SPNer
Apr 26, 2012
Brussels
Hello,

I am a practitioner of yoga & martial arts swordfight, a poet :noticemunda:and a Truth-seeker. :whatzpointsing:but in fact there is no tight separation at all between these four approachs - they constitute one an the same Way : The Way.peacesignkaur

Jeos

SPNer
Apr 26, 2012
Brussels
Hello,
God-Allah-Yahvé- thats ok but I have doubts about our only and unic God being Almighty...look at all the evil and suffering in this evil-heavy world. And pls do not argue by saying like the Sufis that it is a question of plan of consciousness. See all those innocents, all those CHILDREN dying of hunger every single day - dont you think that our "free-will" is going to far (or perhaps our free-will isn't so free as it seems..) ? To me its "simple": There is Ahura-Mazda (God-Allah-Yahvé) but there is Ariman too (Lucifer/Chaos) and the battle between both is a cosmic and titanic one. And He might not win without OUR EFFORT...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM