• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

mluther746

SPNer
Nov 21, 2009
Re: New here

mluther746 ji

It is also nice to meet you here too. :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Thanks for such a cheerful greeting. I hope that you have a great experience. And if you make use of all the resources that we have here, I am sure you will. Don't forget to visit our media and downloads, our game arcade, our bookstore. We have wonderful sections that include Gurbani and information about the Gurus. Also remember -- participate in discussions in order to meet a membership that is outstanding. More fine people in one place you will not find elsewhere. :happykaur:

Narayanjot kaur

Thanks for welcoming me :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
why_sikhism ji

Welcome to SPN. :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:I have personally enjoyed reading your comments posted today and hope you continue to post here. Why not also start some threads for discussion?

Make SPN your special place to interact with a very stimulating group of fellow members. Enjoy our downloads section and our many threads about the Gurus, other religions, politics, news, culture, and of course Sikhi :wah:

Narayanjot Kaur

Nov 30, 2009
Bath
Hi

Just joined and proud. I am currently helping a brother, Sunny Singh Ahluwalia.....over some problems being caused unfairly.

So, as a member of the Kapurthala Royal family....(Baba Jassa Singh was my ancestor)...I have joined to gain support when and if we need it.

Love and peace..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Hi

Just joined and proud. I am currently helping a brother, Sunny Singh Ahluwalia.....over some problems being caused unfairly.

So, as a member of the Kapurthala Royal family....(Baba Jassa Singh was my ancestor)...I have joined to gain support when and if we need it.

Love and peace..

Rajkumar ji

Welcome to SPN. Most of us are simple people trying to find ways to help one another, and those who want to know more about Sikhi, to complete our journey without losing sight of the teachings of Guru Nanak. The journey is never easy. So the forum can be a place where learning occurs. If we can help you we will. Our members are intelligent and resourceful. Please do make use of our many rich resources, and participate in discussions whenever and as often as you like.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hi

Love and peace..

Welcome and enjoy yourself here. :welcome:

I would be interested in knowing about the problems of Sunny Singh Ahluwalia. Is there any help I could offer? I have no cash and no pull with immigration anywhere and know of no available jobs - high-tech or otherwise - but I would be glad to know if there is some other way I could be of service.

I doubt many of us here have royal claims except insofar that quite a few of us are the daughters and sons of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj.

Chardi kala and gurufateh!

Warm greetings to all.

Im Karamjit. I joined a while back but haven't had the time to participate in any topics as yet. University life can get pretty hectic at times :)

Born to a Jatt family that has been heavily influenced by the Gurus teachings, I have been brought up to respect and tolerate cultures that differ to the culture I am surrounded by. I have joined this network because it seems like a forum where one can express their views on spirituality regardless of their beliefs. Members seem tolerant and helpful. I want to take the opportunity to share my views but also discover other perspectives. I take an interest in Humanism and any other movement that encourages the support of the betterment of society and Sanatan Sikhi.

I also wish to ask questions about sikh history. Particularly things that I have heard or been told but can not find a reliable enough source to back me up. I consider debating very healthy :)

Take care :up:

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Warm greetings to all.

Im Karamjit. I joined a while back but haven't had the time to participate in any topics as yet. University life can get pretty hectic at times :)

Born to a Jatt family that has been heavily influenced by the Gurus teachings, I have been brought up to respect and tolerate cultures that differ to the culture I am surrounded by. I have joined this network because it seems like a forum where one can express their views on spirituality regardless of their beliefs. Members seem tolerant and helpful. I want to take the opportunity to share my views but also discover other perspectives. I take an interest in Humanism and any other movement that encourages the support of the betterment of society and Sanatan Sikhi.

I also wish to ask questions about sikh history. Particularly things that I have heard or been told but can not find a reliable enough source to back me up. I consider debating very healthy :)

Take care :up:

Karamjit Bassi ji

Accept our hearty and heart-centered welcome to SPN. You have said some things that we hope we do nourish and can keep going for a long time.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Our section on Sikh History is pretty good -- and it can get better. The way to that end is by asking the questions you want to ask. Both Aman Singh ji our Admin and Randip Singh ji - one of our moderators - are well versed in Sikh History. Randip Singh ji has also been admin of the Sikh History web site. Many other members have this expertise as well. So question away.

But don't forget to participate in other discussions. And visit our resources such as the Book Store, the member Blogs, the media downloads. Have many happy visits to SPN.

Narayanjot Kaur

Dec 29, 2009
The Sikh Organisation for Prisoner Welfare (SOPW) is a UK registered charity which was founded in 2008.
It is run by volunteers to help those in need, in particular prisoners of conscience.
As Sikhs it is our moral duty to support those suffering hardship in jail for their religious and political views

What can you do:

• Financially support and contribute towards the monthly welfare of a Sikh prisoner

• help advocate the plight of sikh prisoners worldwide, by distributing literature in your towns/cities or through the Internet (forums, websites etc)

• Join our Facebook Fan Page, and please INVITE your family and friends to it, whilst you may not be able to support/volunteer , maybe a relative or friend may.

Please be sure to join our Fan Page: http://www.facebook....39282080?ref=ts]Login | Facebook

and group on Facebook if you are signed up:

http://www.facebook....81414757&ref=ts]Login | Facebook

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

Sevadaar
sopw.uk@googlemail.com
Prisonerwelfare.com
Registered Charity No.1125370

Attachments

• SOPW-BASIC-FLAT-FRONT.jpeg
    SOPW-BASIC-FLAT-FRONT.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Reads: 182

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh Prisoners ji

Welcome to SPN and thank you very much for the information. We had notification by forum member Mai Harinder Ksur of your work worldwide and were interesting in receiving more information.

The fact that you are a registered charity will help forum members feel secure about making donations.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
SOPW Ji,

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa! Vaheguru ji ki fateh!!

I replied earlier but my response seems to have disappeared into the ether of cyberspace.

And, again, welcome! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Yes, indeed! This is a group I most heartily endorse. Our brothers and sisters often sit for years, even decades, in Indian jails and prisons, often without charges or trials, forgotten by the system. They must not be forgotten by us! Through the grace of Vaheguru, they remain in chardi kala; it is our duty - and should also be our pleasure - to do whatever we can for them.

I think it would be worth joining Facebook for the sole purpose of joining this group.

There, siblings at SOPW, you have my most excellent endorsement, for what that's worth.

And don't forget to remain in chardi kala yourself; I have found that the occasional ice cream cone or frozen yogurt and sorbet is a great aid in this. :ice:

Dec 29, 2009
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki Fateh !

I did not expect such a quick response, thank you very much.

The seva done by the volunteers in India, and their achievements are amazing. We will be working very hard to bring more materials to the Sangat, volunteers from the UK have travelled to India to meet released prisoners and those still in prisons.
We will be uploading video interviews with families and pictures in the very near future.

Bhai Balbir Singh Bains who started the charity was wrongly imprisoned also:
THE UNIQUE SPIRIT OF SIKHSIM
He was in the infamous Tihar Jail and met Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, who urged him to become the voice of the voiceless when he returned to the UK.

Regarding Facebook, I share your sentiments :) and only joined to help promote the Charity, although FB is helpful for us to get news across to many Sikhs at once.

Jan 20, 2010
Guru Fateh Brothers & Sisters Of SPN : My name is Jagtesh Singh Sodhi from Toronto, Canada , where I have been living for about 3 years . Before moving to Toronto, I was in Montreal for over 20 yrs. working for Via Rail Canada . Before that for over 12 yrs. I was a Merchant Mariner going all around the world & with Waheguru/Guru Nanak's grace kept my Gursikh identity in tact . My father Sodhi Harbhajan Singh who is author of Spiritual/ Naam Japna guidance book named Bhajan Bandgi Da Partap ; inspired me to get baptized when I was only 12 yrs. old & then on passed me on to Guru Gobind Singh Ji's command with message : GURU MERE SUNG SADA HAY NAILAY . So, I am proud to be Sikh first & then anything else like Canadian etc.

Last edited:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Jagtesh Singh Sodhi ji:

Chardi kala and Gurufateh!:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

My son asked to take Amrit when he was only 7, but his Dad said"No, you're not ready yet!" and kept saying "No" until our son said "I need to take Amrit." That was what Dad was waiting for, for him to quit asking and insist on doing it. He was 13, a year older than you were. I love stories of young people taking Amrit.

I am sure that you have much to teach us and I hope we have some bit to teach you, as well. I look forward to reading what you post.

:ice:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Jagtesh Singh Sodhi,

I love the energy and positive feeling that your message generates. You must promise to participate on many a thread, and to start discussions of your own. As Maiji says, You are one who can teach us.

One tiny wish is that I could also welcome your father. You say he is the author. Sounds as if he is still with us.

If you have a way to send the book he wrote -- maybe we could talk about how to transmit it electronically -- it would be a wonderful addition to our resources here.

Sat Nam Jagtesh Singh ji
Narayanjot Kaur

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM