• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Yes Gurseva ji

It is Guru Kirpa that we are all connected in this very unique online place -- a lively Internet forum. I hope that you enjoy the hours you spend here and find them useful and even fun.

Please enjoy all of our resources. Thanks for coming forward to introduce yourself. Please visit often, and post and discuss, and start threads.

Thank you :welcome:
Narayanjot kaur

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

ਮੇਰਾ ਨਾਂ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਆ, ਤੇ ਮੈਂ ਪਟਿਆਲੇ ਤੋਂ ਆਂ ਜੀ। ਅੱਜ ਹੀ ਏਹੇ ਨੈਟਵਰਕ ਜੋਆਇਨ ਕਿਤਾ, ਤੇ ਉਮੀਦ ਕਰਦਾਂ ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਗਤ ਦੀ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਧੂੜ ਨਸੀਬ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ।

ਗੁਰ ਫਤਿਹ ਜੀ ।

-Translated Version-

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I am Gurpreet Singh and I am from Patiala. I have Joined this network today and i wish that I will get some charan dhoorh of Guru Roop Sikh sangat.

Gur Fateh ji

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Veer ji

:welcome: We tend to be lenient about forum rules with new members. However you were advised on enrolling that the official language of the forum is English. So rather than deelte your message, I will leave it, with this request. Please resubmit this in English.

If not -- then I will have to remove it and replace it with an English translation. :)

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Sat Sri Akaal!

Brothers and sisters an overdue 'Hey it's Lee'post from me.

I'm a white 41 year old London born and bred residant of the UK. I converted to Sikhi from neo-paganism around about 9 years ago(woo-hoo Heathed Dawn:happy:).

I decided to convert after about twos years of study, during which time the plan was to meet as many Sihks as I can. I did indeed met many, I went to summer camps, I attended gurdwara, I read, I was gifted with nitnam, books, advice, langar, freindship, knowledge and wisdom. I converted because I find all that I belive about God or have come to belive is found within Sikhi.

9 years later what can I conclude about my journey?

Our religion like every other has it's strict aderherance, and it's lack aderherance, it's good people and it's bad people, it's fundamentalists and it's progressionists, all in all though we seem more likely to live the tenant 'live and let live' than most others.

Ohh yeah one more thing I have learned, if you need help, and you can see a Kaur or a Singh on the street just ask for help, they wont refuse you.:wink:

otilia

SPNer
Jul 29, 2009
Wellcome Lee... though I´m not sikh I was invited by a friend in order to share enlightment experiences, which will make us better people, which is what it is all this about, and hope you find such friendly companions, as I had...
There are many of us in similar paths, and is nice to find a new friend,
Otilia:welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa! Vaheguru ji ki fateh!!

Happy to hear from you, Lee, and a million welcomes.:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:...

With my usual great humility, I present to you
Mai's Law: In any large group of people, 10% are really good, 10% are really bad, the rest are just trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other, doing the best they know how.
I'd like to believe that with Sikhs, we have a few more on the good end and a few less on the bad end. Unfortunately, that is not my experience. However, my experience is that the 80% in the middle work a little harder, do a little better and chardi kala a whole lot more!

Guru ji calls people in many different ways. Each story is different and interesting. (This applies to those born into Sikh families as well.)

Chardi kala and Gurufateh!!

:ice:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2009
sat sri akal, hi all,

i have been an unregistered visitor on spn for many years I'm not sure as how much i know about myself but i know a little which i can share.i am a young man with positive attitude,one day i will serve my country in all the possible ways.
i have learnt from life that--
in bad times no one stands with you but your faith and determination to get out of it.
those who expect from others get nothing and those who expect from waheguru get thousand times more.
life has three faces the good the bad and the ugly the good face is never realised but in bad times we feel the happiness that we had in good times and ugly face is that when we leave the hope of the return of good times.

may sound pessimistic to some never mind

the only thing i know about my self is my faith in guru Nanak and waheguru which shall remain always with me even after this life ends.

i was never considered a Sikh by this world bcz i do not look like Sikhs may be they think that only those who have long hairs are Sikh but tell them "sadiyan siran naal sardariyan" when time shall come we will be there to give our heads for the faith.............

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sikh royalist ji,

I'm glad you have finally introduced yourself and welcome. :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Life has exactly as much chardi kala as you are determined to make it have. This is not easy because life, like everything (almost) else tends toward entropy. We are blessed to have Guru ji and Naam to counteract that.

You will find as much joy in life as you insist on finding, no more, no less.

I pray you find joy among us.

Chardi kala!

:ice:

otilia

SPNer
Jul 29, 2009
Welcome Bounty Ji,
This is a special thread, since I am not sikh just a believer seeking (just like sikh) ... it´s a wonderful place to share and enlarge your knowledge.... experiences, be more aware.... because I feel with brothers of search... Hope U feel the same I felt...
Otilia:welcome:

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Sikh Royalist ji
(I still can't figure out how to use the quote function - so I'll just cut n' paste this)
Quoted from Sikh Royalist ji, above:

"in bad times no one stands with you but your faith and determination to get out of it."

You can say THAT again!!!:yes:
It's been the story of my life over the last twelve years!!!:inca:
Welcome to the Forum, my friend; and, as always, many Thanks to all those, with whom we are one on the Dharma, who've stood together with US in our times of need, even if they did not know that it was US who their Prayers were 'aimed' at!!!:up:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
JimRinX ji

All you have to do is click on the QUOTE button and a new reply window will open up automatically. Then you can either answer right below, or you can even delete the part you don't need to quote, and reply in line, or reply above and below.

Just remember to write a part of your reply outside of the word "quote" in brackets - above or below the quoted material - or you will be told you didn't do it correctly. Hope this helps.

Anyway Sikh royalist ji I am very happy that you found the Introducing Myself link and that you are saying hello to us officially. :wah::wah::wah:

sat sri akal, hi all,

i have been an unregistered visitor on spn for many years I'm not sure as how much i know about myself but i know a little which i can share.i am a young man with positive attitude,one day i will serve my country in all the possible ways.
i have learnt from life that--
in bad times no one stands with you but your faith and determination to get out of it.
those who expect from others get nothing and those who expect from waheguru get thousand times more.
life has three faces the good the bad and the ugly the good face is never realised but in bad times we feel the happiness that we had in good times and ugly face is that when we leave the hope of the return of good times.

may sound pessimistic to some never mind

the only thing i know about my self is my faith in guru Nanak and waheguru which shall remain always with me even after this life ends.

i was never considered a Sikh by this world bcz i do not look like Sikhs may be they think that only those who have long hairs are Sikh but tell them "sadiyan siran naal sardariyan" when time shall come we will be there to give our heads for the faith.............

otilia

SPNer
Jul 29, 2009
Well come Shikh Royalist,
I am not a sikh either but this is a thread you will be most wellcome as I was a few months ago, and feel home....
There is only one God, .... and some have or take different paths to enlightern ourselves, but anyway here you will feel belongintg to...:welcome: Otilia

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
otilia ji
You are right!
Sikhs are True Seekers!
Unjudgemental and accepting, too; unlike so many institutions that preach tolerance, but deliver suppresion and harrassment ('W's "version" of AmeriKKKa, for example).
I'm not a 'baptised' Sikh, either; though I've thought about becomming one - now is not a good time to be making such an Important decision, as that of abandoning my 'Mahayana/Hinayana/Pure Land' Buddhist Beliefs behind - especially after the Dalai Lama 'Touched' the Pope, with his little "If Science says Buddhism is wrong, then Buddhism must change - not Science!!!".
OOOOOH! That was so sweet! But then I believe that I'm a subsequent incarnation of Giordano Bruno - who they burned alive, in 1600, as part of their 'Jubilee Celebration'.
Aaaaah - nothing says "Jesus" like a little charred Human Flesh, eh?!?:}--}:
Somehow, I don't think He'd agree!!!!:D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM