• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Is There A God?

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
S.S Akal Ji

Seeker 3K Ji.

Please try to put one and only one thing in your mind that when your are hungry of food you will eat any thing because you are starving . Right.?

Same way when you are starving to realizes the God's presence with your sincere heart beat, you will get connected to seek the truth which is Onkar. You will start speaking different languages. if by remembering Nam only truth is realized then any John Henry would have been saint.

You get blessed when your heart is dipped into great love to be realized by ultimate Truth then you will succeed.

Like BULE SHAW says " JADON MIL JANDA A YAR TAN NACHNA PENDA HAI'

LIKE BHAI KABIR JI SAYS. PEOPLE CALL ME BORA (PAGAL) , IT IS OK BUT I DO NOT WANT ANY BODY TO BECOME BORA(PAGAL)

THE SUBLIME STAGE WHICH YOU CAN NOT GET BY REPEATING ANY MANTRA BUT ONLY IF YOUR HEART IS PURE OR YOU ARE BLESSED BY ALMIGHTY TO HAVE URGE TO BE REALIZED BY ONKAR.

Seek Onkar no where in Mandir,Gurudwara,Jungle ,Mosk. He is sitting next to you heart when you shun all kinds of differences among the human beings regardless of any casts.

Cast or class of human being is judged by his deeds.

Jaspi

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2004
Thailand
Major admiration for explaining this so well. I am honored.

wahkaur

Thanks for expressing your appreciation.

A few years ago I wouldn’t have understood any of this and if I dared to, interpret it in a way that was more or less philosophical rather than something that was immediately relevant and practical.
I was very fortunate to have met almost ten years ago, a teacher who interprets the Buddha’s teachings unlike anyone else I’ve read and come across. At first I considered this only another interesting perspective, but it didn’t take me long to actually come to conclude that her interpretation was indeed the correct and definitive one. It has resulted in my completely rejecting 99% of what is out there as representative of the Buddha’s teachings.

Everywhere else there would be talk about the need for practice / meditation. But all these are in fact a result of thought proliferation rooted in wrong understanding and attachment to results, leading to being lost in ideas about the past and future, but never to the present moment. They’d talk about practicing and accuse some of us of being attached to ‘words’ or being too lazy to practice. But indeed it is they who fail to consider the present moment and end up instead, following projections.

Until I came upon this particular interpretation, I’d enjoy reading articles by certain well known Buddhist scholars (and I had also taken part in two long meditation retreats). However later at one point I noted that this was because I actually ‘enjoyed’ thinking abstractly even when it was about the prospect of directly understanding all that needs to be understood. The difference here, namely the new understanding, is that it *points towards the present moment experience* rather than encouraging abstract thinking. What arises now is the only valid object of study and continued development of understanding, hence ideas about another time, place, and posture etc. has no place here.

I’ve gone off on a tangent, but what I want to highlight is the fact of attachment to ideas and the ignorance associated. This is not a problem when no claim is made to being statements about Truth / reality. And indeed the problem is that we think the answers are being given or that we are being ‘enlightened’ to the Truth, but the fact is that it is all about what we *like to think*. And so it is more that we accept ideas which agree with our own perceptions, which of course is momentary and changes depending on conditions. And changing one’s mind is not about using reason and logical arguments, but perception of some sign conditioned by accumulated tendencies in the past.

Last Saturday at a reception dinner, a relative of mine approached me and my wife to talk. In the conversation he said that he would never forget one statement I made more than twenty years ago, which is that in the universe, there exists nothing but chemicals. I was a bit surprised because I couldn’t recall, but of course I did remember that at the time, I had no interest in religion and was attracted to science. So I informed him, that I did not hold the view anymore, but we did not go any further into the topic.

This then reminded me about Atheist ji's writings here and of my having given some books to the local library around that time. It is not that I read much; I don’t in fact enjoy reading, but would keep buying books whenever something interested me and had enough money to do so. I’d read no more than five pages and give up and as a result would give my books away from time to time. But there was one in those books that I had donated to the library whose author Atheist ji’s often cited Richard Dawkins, and the book was The Blind Watchmaker.

At the time as I said, I was still very much attracted to science which is why I was very happy one day while on a bus in that area, to see my donated copy on the dashboard of a car. Today however I wouldn’t be so glad being now of the position that ideas science and philosophical, are objects of attachment as much as senses objects are, but worse when accompanied by what is called ‘wrong view’. This being something which takes one further and further away from any inclination to understanding the Truth and is a forerunner to much wrong performed in the mistaken belief that it is right.

You seemed interested Naryanjot ji, and so I took this chance to express myself some. But I hope I haven’t ended up boring you. :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
confused ji

You have not bored me! Though you may have confused me...:blinkingkaur: ... which is probably always good.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
S.S Akal Ji

Seeker 3K Ji.

Please try to put one and only one thing in your mind that when your are hungry of food you will eat any thing because use you are starving . Right.?

Same way when you are starving to realizes the God's presence with your sincere heart beat, you will get com connected to seek the truth which is Onkar. You will start speaking different languages. if by remembering Nam only truth is realized then any John Henry would have been saint blessed by almighty .

You get blessed when your heart is dipped into great love to be realized by ultimate Truth then you will succed.

Like BULE SHAW says " JADON MIL JANDA A YAR TAN NACHNA PENDA HAI'

LIKE BHAI KABIR JI SAYS. PEOPLE CALL ME BORA (PAGAL) , IT IS OK BUT I DO NOT WANT ANY BODY TO BECOME BORA(PAGAL)

THE SUBLIME STAGE WHICH YOU CAN NOT GET BY REPEATING ANY MANTRA BUT ONLY IF YOUR HEART IS PURE OR YOU ARE BLESSED BY ALMIGHTY TO HAVE URGE TO BE REALIZED BY ONKAR.

Seek no where . He is sitting next to you heart and shun all kinds of differences among the human beings regardless of any casts.

Cast or class of human being is judged by his deeds.

Jaspi

Jaspi ji,

“Please try to put one and only one thing in your mind that when your are hungry of food you will eat any thing because use you are starving . Right.?”

Wrong: This maybe true for some who have no control of their hunger.

“Same way when you are starving to realizes the God's presence with your sincere heart beat, you will get com connected to seek the truth which is Onkar. You will start speaking different languages. if by remembering Nam only truth is realized then any John Henry would have been saint blessed by almighty”

The truth is truth no matter what u name it be Onkar or what ever. By saying this you claim to know the truth. Is it so? I have not met any one who speak different language. Sure most people preach nicely but when you chat with them one on one then you will know the real him self. They are good actors. They have no knowledge of the truth. How one can know that some know the truth? When one don’t know what the truth is? As it is said by Arjan Dev. Brahm giani ke gat bram giani hi jane.
You are right by rembering or reciting the word one can not realize the truth. I wonder what the Sikhs are doing by NITNAME of 5 banis every day.
It looks to me no one before the Sikh religion got to realize the truth. Only the Sikhs have the monopoly on the truth. It looks to me big ego.

It is easy to quote sants and bhagat but one know the truth there is no need to give the reference of dead people.

“THE SUBLIME STAGE WHICH YOU CAN NOT GET BY REPEATING ANY MANTRA BUT ONLY IF YOUR HEART IS PURE OR YOU ARE BLESSED BY ALMIGHTY TO HAVE URGE TO BE REALIZED BY ONKAR.”

I agre you are right no one can realize the truth by repeating the mantar. Or by pure heart. It is by living the truth. If one is repeating the mantra that he is is looking for the blessing from your Onkar. I think that be selfish on his part. Onkar can not bless any one. It is against what Nanak said in mool mantar. NIRVAR. It mean no enemy also it mean no friend. One bless his friend. If your Onkar is nutral then how can he have friend?
We like to belive that Onkar is our friend because we do the 5 bani path every day.

“Seek no where . He is sitting next to you heart and shun all kinds of differences among the human beings regardless of any casts.”

Heart is only a blood pump nothing more. If it is the truth that Onkar is so big then how can he be sitting next to my heart? The almighty who control all the universe can sit next to my heart? I don’t think so, u n others can believe what you like I have no problem.
But don’t judge others that they are hungry and will eat any thing to satisfy their hunger.

Seeker3k

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL Ji.

There are all kinds of hunger .I did not mean when you skip one meal and you are hungry,but kind of starvation happened in 18th century when human being were forced to eat their own fellow's flesh by hunger .

OR

Hunger like Baba Farid Ji to see his Pritam he urges the crow you can eat all my flesh but do not touch my eyes because he still have a hope to see Onkar's. Darshans

Jaspi

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
As for God (onkar) is in the heart. This is only a concept by those believe but don’t know the truth.
When I had heart attack I had to go for open heart surgery. I asked the doctor who was going to do the operation to look carefully in my heart and see if you fine God there. He said to me there can’t be any God in the heart he had done many operations. I said but I have been told by sants and dadhus that God live in the heart. He did not want to argue with me and said ok. When I came around, The doctor came to see me to know how I am feeling. First thing I asked the doctor if he found the God in my heart. He said he is sorry that he could not find any God in your heart. There you have it there is no God in the heart mine or others.

People drink milk and they are happy. They know milk is good for them. Most of them know that butter and buttermilk (lasi) and ghe are in the milk. But many don’t know how to take the ghe out of milk. You know to take ghe out of milk there is a ritual one have to do to get the ghe out. If we put madhani in milk and churn it no matter for how long one can not take ghe out of milk.
As there is a process to take ghe out of milk and there is a process to realize the God with in. It is not just reading the 5 bani or the whole SGGS. It can only be realized by process.
When one can not diminish the hunger by any means then he has to use process to get the ghe,to realize God who is with in. If you and other readers are happy doing, then keep on doing what you are doing. If you are still hungry then find out the process.

Seeker3k

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL.

Seeker 3K.

You have revealed your experiences while going through surgery of you heart and kept on asking the doctor if he has seen any God there .God is some kind of organ attached to human heart but heart's function to be realized the God as you realize love and feel air or any thing touches your soul.

These questions or intense sense to see God is hardly possible before you surrender you thoughts of having any thoughts of non-existence of God.

That is why by listening Gurbani you start paving your road by knowledge to be realized the Almighty.

Body is like any others mechanical or living all creatures and getting old . We must realized wear and tear while getting into old age.It is normal process of getting old which depends lot on each individual how one look after to stay healthy.

There are many other factors our body or its functions suffer because environmental pollutions or daily ups and down in our emotionally attached life to our surroundings.

All that matters effects our health and when we get into trouble ,we always tends to blame GOD.

Doctor is like mechanic and doctor who got degree in medicine to fix our body up to what his knowledge can work like any experienced mechanic to fix the problem in a car and good doctor fixing human body problems.

God is not responsible if life ends or not . it is the soul which never dies goes back where it came from as young as it came on first day of birth.One's soul is always pure but we make it suffer or happy because of our daily deeds while living in daily lives.

But when are healthy ,we always forget to appreciate the Creator. But when we suffer even small small health problems ,we blame the God. This has nothing to do with God. It is up to each human being how to look after your health and have less problems with one's body.

But your soul stay young and vital all the time until it emerges into God and when worn out body stayed back without any uses.

Karmas will continue coming back to you after birth after birth. All these diseases or miss happening always reminds us to realize and motivate us to be humble and careful before doing more bad deeds.

God just keeps on loving all His creations and to realizes his love we have to appreciate his GIFT when we wake up each morning with a new day to live and how we pass each days while doing all kinds of Karmas.

We also reap back the results of the Karma's weather they are good or bad is according to each person and blame or appreciate the God.

People do not realizes that it is not a God who responsible for your deeds.

What you sow,so shall you reap.

God love all His creations bad or god.

Jaspi.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Dear Jaspi ji,

In my writing I never ever blamed God. Maybe you were reading some else’s post. Ever I my writing I never ever blamed God. May you were reading some else’s post. Ever since I can remember from the child hood I never said why me.

“But your soul stays young and vital all the time until it emerges into God and when worn out body stayed back without any uses.

Karmas will continue coming back to you after birth after birth. All these diseases or miss happening always reminds us to realize and motivate us to be humble and careful before doing more bad deeds.”

I don’t fully understand what you wrote in the above. There are few questions arises.

Has any one or you have seen soul?

If the soul merge back with God. That mean once our soul was with God?
Is it only the soul of good people merges with God?
If only the people who sing his praises merge with him then I don’t think I want to merge with him.
Kavir says. Bura dekhan nikleo, bura na milea koi. Jab under dekha to mujh se bura na koi.
As I understand that once a soul merge with God that soul is at peace. There is no “karm done there. We are also told that we were with God now we are longing to go back to him.
If the soul was with God to begin with and there is no karm created. Why we got separated from God? By listening to gurbani and living pure life we go back to God.
Then what is the garantay that we will stay with God and will not be separated from him again?
No one that I know of who has been there with God and come back and can tell up what is going on there.
These lines are used to get followers. It looks good we love to hear these stories of fairy tales.

Listning to gurbani is good it motivate us to find the right shabad, word and practice the naam simran.

When we buy a TV we get guide with the TV. We read guide in order to make TV work.
By keep reading the guide we can not see any thing on the TV. We must do what the guide says. Plug the TV to power and attach the antenna, so one n on. The problem with all religious people is they are only ready the guide and not doing what the bani says.

In my last post I mention that every word in the mool mantar is the definition og God except one word. No one have picked up that. To find out what is that word?
The jap after the gurparsad is not a rag. Here Nanak told us to jap of the naam that is given by the guru as a parsad.
Parsad is what guru give on his own wish. If we ask for it that is not parsad it become elm bhiksha. If we jap the naam of our asking,choosing it will not work. This what is called manmukh. We need to be gurmukh.
Naam is also sound, dhun. Every sound has its own vibration. Each atom have unique vibration. We are made up of atoms so we also have unique vibration. That naam should match with your own vibration to make it work
Try it then you can see what you are running after.

This is no rocket science

What a person believes is the BEST. He can not accept that his belief is second BEST.

Seeker3k

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I've only got half way through this amazing thread and thought I would take a break and make a quick post...

Why do I believe in God?
Because Science does not have all the answers

If anyone disagrees with that statement, can they explain why the Big Bang happened?
What was there before the Big Bang?

If anyone can provide a rational answer to these questions in purely scientific terms, then I will be happy to engage in further debate as to the existence of God

Right..back to reading the rest of this fine thread....

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Seeker9 Ji,

Very loaded question you have asked.
So you do believe in big bang?

Because Science does not have all the answers

No one have all the answers. Religion or science. At least science is explain and inventing things we use. We use science and yet we condemn science.

What is about the big bang you can not understand?

The other question for you is who created God?

Seeker3k

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Dear Seeker 3k Ji

A loaded question indeed!

This thread also started with a loaded question and I provided a straight answer. Whether others choose to agree or disagree with that answer is their privilege, as it is mine to state my position on this fine forum.

A number of themes have emerged throughout this discussion. There appears to have been an emphasis on the validity of that which can be scientifically proven as to that which cannot......For example, the suggestion that conceptually, belief in a God is no different from belief in a tooth-fairy, pink unicorn, flying spaghetti monster etc etc

So, I am just following through that argument and am asking for a scientific explanation for the moment of creation itself, as science appears to explain everything that happened after that moment but not why it happened in the first place.

It's a straight question and no more or less loaded than the one that started this thread on a forum dedicated to increasing knowledge and understanding of the Sikh scriptures

So, I answered your question and I trust you and others will do me the courtesy of answering mine.

As for my “belief” in the Big Bang theory (BBT), I think others have already made a distinction on this thread concerning the concept of belief and accepted scientific knowledge. For example, we know water exists and it is made up of hydrogen and oxygen so not something we have to state a belief in. As for the validity of the BBT, I think it is fair to say that the greater majority of theoretical physicists leading in this area, including Professor Stephen Hawking for whom I personally have great admiration and respect, are in agreement that this broadly explains how we got to where we are today.

But it is all “how” as opposed to “why” which is a question that religion and faith attempts to answer.

So, if I understand where you are pitching your question from, I have no problem accepting the scientific position as well as my faith in God as there is plenty of room for God to have pressed the button that started it all off! In doing so, I am not condemning science!

I trust that makes my position clear enough for now and having provided a straight answer to the loaded question that started this thread , I now look forward to receiving some straight answers to my loaded question!

Thanks for reading

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS Akal Ji.
Seeker 3K

Please read my humble comments what comes to das's understanding in red to your questions.

I don’t fully understand what you wrote in the above. There are few questions arises.

My first comment is that I did not mean that you do not believe in God's existence.One only seek something which one have a strong belief that something is existing.

Has any one or you have seen soul?

One do not see the soul but feel every second with each breath coming in and out.This also guide you during all day and night functions of our brain and each activities . When soul departs all functions of our body seized.

If the soul merge back with God. That mean once our soul was with God?

Yes. with your all old good Karmas ,one is blessed with MANAS JANAM. that is why it is explained in Gurbani that MANASA JANAM DURLABH HAI,L MILLIO NA BAR BAR.

Is it only the soul of good people merges with God?

If one closes his eyes and recite Gurbani one can pretty well feel that soul is pure but our thinking can be bad or deceiving . To harness our thinking our Gurus has blessed us with Gurbani to keep our souls pure with healthy thinking to avoid any bad karmas.,

If only the people who sing his praises merge with him then I don’t think I want to merge with him.
Soul continue to desire to seek Creator but our lives are distracted by so many worldly attachments which Gurbani guide us to do good Karmas which is real functions of our souls.

a to mujh se bura na koi.

That was the expression of great soul which shows inner struggle of mind with pure soul.
People made comments of Baba Farid Ji being a Darwesh and great saint ,he reacted being still not perfected to be able to see his Pritam .He spoken his humble words that if I am Darvesh then how come I am still waiting to be realized by God ?.

As I understand that once a soul merge with God that soul is at peace. There is no “karm done there. We are also told that we were with God now we are longing to go back to him.

Yes . I feel that way too souls is always pure . Bad Karma is followed under different environments by avoiding the inner feelings (SOUL) by over riding the urge of doing good karmas to bad Karmas . That is where Gurbani tuned one to do guide us to do good karmas.
If the soul was with God to begin with and there is no karm created. Why we got separated from God? By listening to gurbani and living pure life we go back to God.
Then what is the garantay that we will stay with God and will not be separated from him again?

The whole universe is created by the Creator. Joyt comes from jyot and emerges in Jyot.

That is the wonder of ONKAR.Guru sahib Ji end all our speculations or disbelief's by saying no one is born yet to explain God 's wonders.

Mithia na jai, kita Na hoi, Ape Ap Niranjan Soi

These SHABADS put a stop to all minds seeking to know the Creator or ...........

No one that I know of who has been there with God and come back and can tell up what is going on there.
These lines are used to get followers. It looks good we love to hear these stories of fairy tales.

Listning to gurbani is good it motivate us to find the right shabad, word and practice the naam simran.

Absolutly . It is GPS to our life journey.

When we buy a TV we get guide with the TV. We read guide in order to make TV work.
By keep reading the guide we can not see any thing on the TV. We must do what the guide says. Plug the TV to power and attach the antenna, so one n on. The problem with all religious people is they are only ready the guide and not doing what the bani

That is where common sense work which is the minimum level of simple thinking to be understood without doing Phd.
says.
Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/general-discussion/29504-is-there-a-god.html

In my last post I mention that every word in the mool mantar is the definition og God except one word. No one have picked up that. To find out what is that word?
The jap after the gurparsad is not a rag. Here Nanak told us to jap of the naam that is given by the guru as a parsad.

Why get involved with such small explanations like a rituals type of thinking's .Follow Jap ji Sahib and stay focused on right path.
Parsad is what guru give on his own wish. If we ask for it that is not parsad it become elm bhiksha. If we jap the naam of our asking,choosing it will not work. This what is called manmukh. We need to be gurmukh.

Guru Granth Ji Manio ,Pargat Guran Ki Dhe.

If you like to seek to realize the Guru you can find in SHABADS
. It is all matter of one 's stat of thinking that how much your desire to be realized by Almighty..
Naam is also sound, dhun. Every sound has its own vibration. Each atom have unique vibration. We are made up of atoms so we also have unique vibration. That naam should match with your own vibration to make it work .

It is all according to one's attitude to be realized.

All human's heart are pro -vibrations to any noise or music, people and get tuned to different Dhun what pleases their souls.

Any DHUN which makes you connect with the Jyot becomes instantly wonderful tool of vibrating your soul.

This is no rocket science

Your 100% right . it all depends the way your minds thinks.

What a person believes is the BEST. He can not accept that his belief is second BEST.
Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=29504

Every person is born with belief of Creator ,it is a matter of how one is grown up and under what environments what count.

Jaspi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If I may intervene. Individual members do not decide when a discussion is over. Only admin can close a thread, and usually though not always, admin will do this in consultation with other members of the leadership team at SPN.

The rule for ending a discussion: it has been going around in circles and nothing new has been added, or it has gone seriously off-track and in tangents, and/or one or more members have become abusive.

If the thread goes off on a tangent, admin typically starts a new thread to accommodate new ideas, but does not close the original thread. If a member becomes abusive, a thread may be closed temporarily for things to cool off, or the member is put under moderation.

. So far I don't see that to be the case. So the thread stays open.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
I ment between me n jaspi.
not with others.
Dear seeker9,

You did not answer my question. Who created God?
Science is about 500 year old. The religions are thousands year old. In thousands the religion could not give any answers and we want the science to give the answer in 500 years?
What ever science is saying it will come true. What ever religion says nothing has happened yet.
If you can explain who created and what was there before God then maybe science can explain.
Big bang can not be explain here in 2-3 pages. It is only in theory yet. Going back 13 trillion years back it not easy task. If u can wait few thousand years you can know what you are asking

seeker3k

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I ment between me n jaspi.
not with others.
Dear seeker9,

You did not answer my question. Who created God?

Please answer my question first. I think it's only fair seeing I specifically answered the opening question of this thread.

Science is about 500 year old.
No, much older my friend. Try Google

The religions are thousands year old. In thousands the religion could not give any answers and we want the science to give the answer in 500 years?
I disagree. I have had a lot of answers. But I will only speak for myself and not others. In a similar vein, I would not expect you or others to make judgement on that

What ever science is saying it will come true. What ever religion says nothing has happened yet.
Sorry, this doesn't make sense at all. And I think you will find over the years that it is Science which has changed. Flat Earth to round earth, earth being at centre of universe to being a planet round the Sun etc. What about Copernicus, Gallileo etc. This is not the correct thread for this discussion. Please do us all a favour and do a bit of research first

If you can explain who created and what was there before God then maybe science can explain.

God was/is always there! Hows that for an answer?

Big bang can not be explain here in 2-3 pages. It is only in theory yet.
A very long-standing and advanced theory and it can be as long or as short as you want it. But you missed my point completely. I think I said quite clearly that i am happy to accept BBT. The question I asked is why it happened not how it happened

Going back 13 trillion years back it not easy task. If u can wait few thousand years you can know what you are asking

LOL - Please forgive me when I say this is a pointless remark and irrelevant to this thread!
seeker3k

Please answer the question
If you are unable to do so, then please say that

Thanks

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: