• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is Meat Eating By Sikhs Acceptable In Sikhism Or Not?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Baljinder Ji..GUrbani sggs says this so frequently..EAT LESS..THORRAH KHAO...but surprisingly almost NO BODY ever mentions this...ha haThorrah khao..thorrah saon eat less..sleep less...is right formula for healthy body and mind...but sikhs love to argue about NON issues like meat eggs grass wheat corn etc etc ??

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Baljinder Ji..GUrbani Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says this so frequently..EAT LESS..THORRAH KHAO...but surprisingly almost NO BODY ever mentions this...ha haThorrah khao..thorrah saon eat less..sleep less...is right formula for healthy body and mind...but sikhs love to argue about NON issues like meat eggs grass wheat corn etc etc ??

The Chinese have perfected this art, I think.. they use small bowls... so you have smaller portions.. and you don't see many fat chinese people.. it may be also to do with green tea which they drink allot..

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
What words should I search for at SriGranth.org to find these verses. Reason being: I have a weight issue. Maybe it will help me. Remember that sugars are as addictive as alcohol, drugs, etc.. Sugar levels start a crazy cycle of sugar highs & lows that are only relieved by another sugar high. Same as with nicotine and other addictive substances.

Nam Jiwan

Baljinder Ji..GUrbani Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says this so frequently..EAT LESS..THORRAH KHAO...but surprisingly almost NO BODY ever mentions this...ha haThorrah khao..thorrah saon eat less..sleep less...is right formula for healthy body and mind...but sikhs love to argue about NON issues like meat eggs grass wheat corn etc etc ??

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
What words should I search for at SriGranth.org to find these verses. Reason being: I have a weight issue. Maybe it will help me. Remember that sugars are as addictive as alcohol, drugs, etc.. Sugar levels start a crazy cycle of sugar highs & lows that are only relieved by another sugar high. Same as with nicotine and other addictive substances.

Nam Jiwan

I'm an ex power lifter and I can guarantee you weight loss.

First of all, do not diet. It does not work.

-Eat 3 main meal with snacks in between.
- Max your protein. Egg white's, some nuts and eat complex carbs.
- Snack on Banana's and apples in between meals.
-drink 2 litres of water.
- get an exercise routine that combines weights with a little aerobic exercise.

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
I'm an ex power lifter and I can guarantee you weight loss.

First of all, do not diet. It does not work.

-Eat 3 main meal with snacks in between.
- Max your protein. Egg white's, some nuts and eat complex carbs.
- Snack on Banana's and apples in between meals.
-drink 2 litres of water.
- get an exercise routine that combines weights with a little aerobic exercise.

Though I am not a power lifter by any means winkingmunda I have tried and tested a few things and found the following to work. Some of it will overlap what Randip veer ji said.

--------
Cut out starch carbs ..i.e. pasta, bread.. and replace it with more vegetable based diet.. Only have starch foods on the day you exercise (knows as carb cycling)

Steam,stir fry your food.. basically look at your cooking methods..keep it simple as possible.

**Do not eat late..**

Fruits like bananas contain a lot of sugar.. reduce the fruit intake.. this includes all fruit juices.

Try doing exercises like rowing which involves than one body part so you are burning more calories..

Remember there is no such thing as spot reduction.. stomach is last place on your body where the fat will be burnt from and its the first place where its stored..

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Mann jite jag JITE! ( The mind is the king of the body) Win the fight agaisnt your weaker self and everyything will be amazing!

Only the Will counts! You can do anything...Just do a lot of Sports and eat healthy (vegetables, protein and not too much like Gyani ji says). And you will notice that immediately after 1 week you will feel "amazing", powerful full of energy etc.. Furthermore you will loose weight with this method.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM