• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

In Sikhism, Is There A Soul? Who Created The Soul? Who Controls The Soul?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
seeker3kji,

there is no heaven in sikhism

Adminji,

I have a real pet hate for the word 'god' I cannot read the word without associating it with either an abrahamic beardy, or a Hindu style action warrior. I maintain in conversation there is no God, just a force, an energy, that is dual in everything, and the name of this energy is 'truth'

Seeker9ji,

yes, absolutely, my 'god' does not play mind games or act like in a manner that I am trying to defeat, namely anger, ego, etc

Ambersariaji, I look forward to debate on your new thread

peacesignkaur

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
SPN ji,

Yes you are right it is my mistake. Sikhism is not from Hinduism.
Sikhs came down from heaven to save the mankind
seeker3k ji I see lot of disdain and proving a point and showing arrogant stance towards others. What is your point? Are you trying to prove Sikhism has more to do with Hinduism than people admit and you are here to make people admit? Please be clear.

Here is Sikh Gurbani, written by a Hindu with Sikh values, and sung by a Muslim,

Awal Allah Noor Upaya - Kalam Baba Bahgat Kabir ji - Alam Lohar (Audio) - YouTube

By the way when you address spnadmin ji like a child you win no brownies other than in your own mind. I wish I had half the intellect of spnadmin ji.

Brother/sister take the chip of your shoulder and move on. There is no point in trying to backtrack lineages as the dirt you and me were created from and are going to merge with does not have religious alliances and only beliefs do!

Sat Sri Akal.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
SPji,

there is no god, the translation of Ek Onkar deserves its own thread :interestedkudi:

Harry ji,

Guru Fateh.

I agree with you. There is no god in Sikhi as a deity the way many religions define "him".

For me:

What people call GOD is actually Creative Energy- Ajuni Saibung-that is in organic and in inorganic, what the religiousos call omnipresent while not truly understanding its meaning.

Ik Ong Kaar to me means there is only One Source of ALL there IS.

Tejwant Singh

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Ambarsaria said:
By the way when you address spnadmin ji like a child you win no brownies other than in your own mind. I wish I had half the intellect of spnadmin ji

Veer Ji It is hard to know how one should address Spnadmin, as I have discerned that she is quite like God, in that she seems to be omnipresent aside from this facet she is an entity with atleast four intellects ,so if you wish for half you would have atleast twice that of me.If he implied anything forgive him,I always look at it that Sikhi is my mother,Hinduism is my distant cousin.But we are still related.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Harry ji

You words reinforce my belief that the idea that there is no [god] in Sikhism or that Sikhs are atheists comes from an aversion, but it is an aversion to labels and the deeper discussion has a hard time bubbling forth from time to time. And that is why from time to time [god] ends up in brackets. But thanks for your explanation.

Adminji,

I have a real pet hate for the word 'god' I cannot read the word without associating it with either an abrahamic beardy, or a Hindu style action warrior. I maintain in conversation there is no God, just a force, an energy, that is dual in everything, and the name of this energy is 'truth'

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry ji

You words reinforce my belief that the idea that there is no [god] in Sikhism or that Sikhs are atheists comes from an aversion, but it is an aversion to labels and the deeper discussion has a hard time bubbling forth from time to time. And that is why from time to time [god] ends up in brackets. But thanks for your explanation.

Adminji,

well said and spot on.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer Ji It is hard to know how one should address Spnadmin, as I have discerned that she is quite like God, in that she seems to be omnipresent aside from this facet she is an entity with atleast four intellects ,so if you wish for half you would have atleast twice that of me.If he implied anything forgive him,I always look at it that Sikhi is my mother,Hinduism is my distant cousin.But we are still related.
Sinner ji I love Bhangra hope you enjoy the following along with your buddy Seeker3k.welcomemunda

Aao Ji Aya Nu ({[HD]}) - YouTube

Royal Wedding#1 - YouTube

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
This is NOT GURMATT or sanctioned by GURBANI and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
Baba Bolteh theh kahan gayeh ??? kaun Mooa reh KAUN MOOa ??
Veer Gyani Jarnail Singh ji please help me. You are an ocean of patience while I brim with fire many a times. Please how can a 61 year old Sikh be so off the path? Somethings like this I just cannot understand.

Please help.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ambarsariaji

We have already established Amarjitji is more a multi faith devotee, and as such as postings should be taken in that ilk.

I am not quite sure why he is posting them here, perhaps he would be better off posting them somewhere where they may be appreciated more, and where they are in tune with the forum itself. It is a shame that someone who feels they have a message to get across could be so out of tune with the amount of offence that is also being caused

Amarjitji, please change your adherent, at present you will only end up confusing people that these opinions and theories have some place in Sikhism

peacesign

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2012
london uk
Ambarsariaji

We have already established Amarjitji is more a multi faith devotee, and as such as postings should be taken with that ilk.

I am not quite sure why he is posting them here, perhaps he would be better off posting them somewhere where they may be appreciated more, and where they are in tune with the forum itself. It is a shame that someone who feels they have a message to get across could be so out of tune with the amount of offence that is also being caused

Amarjitji, please change your adherent, at present you will only end up confusing people that these opinions and theories have some place in Sikhism

peacesign

Please check my adherent
I have changed my status to hindu sikh snatan sikh
one who respects all religions. If there was a section which emraced all religions I would have clicked this one.

For there is only one creator
The same for all
My love is for all ir-respective of your religion.

The soul has been reincarnated many times in this wheel of life.

Chruning as Moslems, Hindus Sikhs Christian , etc

I love Sikhism as I am born to Sikh parents in this life.
I love Guru Nanak and his True teachings
which come through to me also through meditation with Baba Nanak.

Please do not forget :

# Guru Nanak believes in One God who has infinite names and qualities and who is the same for all religions. Guru Nanak believes in equality of all human beings irrespective of color,gender,origin,race etc. Guru Nanak believes in inward devotion to God through one's heart rather than external rituals and ceremonies.

The above are few of the things Guru Nanak believes in.

He taught others to believe in the above things too.

Amarjit

Aug 28, 2010
We can look the following Sabad as

ਸਭੈ ਘਟ ਰਾਮੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਰਾਮਾ ਬੋਲੈ ॥ ਰਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਬੋਲੈ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਏਕਲ ਮਾਟੀ ਕੁੰਜਰ ਚੀਟੀ ਭਾਜਨ ਹੈਂ ਬਹੁ ਨਾਨਾ ਰੇ ॥ ਅਸਥਾਵਰ ਜੰਗਮ ਕੀਟ ਪਤੰਗਮ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਨਾ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਏਕਲ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਰਾਖੁ ਅਨੰਤਾ ਅਉਰ ਤਜਹੁ ਸਭ ਆਸਾ ਰੇ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਭਏ ਨਿਹਕਾਮਾ ਕੋ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਕੋ ਦਾਸਾ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੩॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 988}
This Sabad is giving the message as what is that speaks in all forms.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
ਸਭੈ ਘਟ ਰਾਮੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਰਾਮਾ ਬੋਲੈ ॥
सभै घट रामु बोलै रामा बोलै ॥
Sabẖai gẖat rām bolai rāmā bolai.
Within all hearts, the Lord speaks, the Lord speaks.

ਰਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਬੋਲੈ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
राम बिना को बोलै रे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Rām binā ko bolai re. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Who else speaks, other than the Lord? ||1||Pause||

ਏਕਲ ਮਾਟੀ ਕੁੰਜਰ ਚੀਟੀ ਭਾਜਨ ਹੈਂ ਬਹੁ ਨਾਨਾ ਰੇ ॥
एकल माटी कुंजर चीटी भाजन हैं बहु नाना रे ॥
Ėkal mātī kunjar cẖītī bẖājan haiʼn baho nānā re.
Out of the same clay, the elephant, the ant, and the many sorts of species are formed.

ਅਸਥਾਵਰ ਜੰਗਮ ਕੀਟ ਪਤੰਗਮ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਨਾ ਰੇ ॥੧॥
असथावर जंगम कीट पतंगम घटि घटि रामु समाना रे ॥१॥
Asthāvar jangam kīt paṯangam gẖat gẖat rām samānā re. ||1||
In stationary life forms, moving beings, worms, moths and within each and every heart, the Lord is contained. ||1||

ਏਕਲ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਰਾਖੁ ਅਨੰਤਾ ਅਉਰ ਤਜਹੁ ਸਭ ਆਸਾ ਰੇ ॥
एकल चिंता राखु अनंता अउर तजहु सभ आसा रे ॥
Ėkal cẖinṯā rākẖ ananṯā a▫or ṯajahu sabẖ āsā re.
Remember the One, Infinite Lord; abandon all other hopes.

ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਭਏ ਨਿਹਕਾਮਾ ਕੋ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਕੋ ਦਾਸਾ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੩॥
प्रणवै नामा भए निहकामा को ठाकुरु को दासा रे ॥२॥३॥
Paraṇvai nāmā bẖa▫e nihkāmā ko ṯẖākur ko ḏāsā re. ||2||3||
Naam Dayv prays, I have become dispassionate and detached; who is the Lord and Master, and who is the slave? ||2||3||

Aug 28, 2010
HARRY HALLAR Ji,
Pl look at another Sabad and compare the message of this wth previous one

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਆਸਾ ਬਾਣੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਏਕ ਅਨੇਕ ਬਿਆਪਕ ਪੂਰਕ ਜਤ ਦੇਖਉ ਤਤ ਸੋਈ ॥ ਮਾਇਆ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਿਮੋਹਿਤ ਬਿਰਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਏਕੁ ਮਣਿ ਸਤ ਸਹੰਸ ਜੈਸੇ ਓਤਿ ਪੋਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਜਲ ਤਰੰਗ ਅਰੁ ਫੇਨ ਬੁਦਬੁਦਾ ਜਲ ਤੇ ਭਿੰਨ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਇਹੁ ਪਰਪੰਚੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਕੀ ਲੀਲਾ ਬਿਚਰਤ ਆਨ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥੨॥ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਭਰਮੁ ਅਰੁ ਸੁਪਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਸਤਿ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥ ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਮਨਸਾ ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸੀ ਜਾਗਤ ਹੀ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੩॥ ਕਹਤ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਰਚਨਾ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਬੀਚਾਰੀ ॥ ਘਟ ਘਟ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਰਬ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ਕੇਵਲ ਏਕ ਮੁਰਾਰੀ ॥੪॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 485}

You can also listen to a Bhajan Sung by ASHA ji in Hindi Movie "KAJAL" as TORA MUN DARPAN KAHLAYE..........

With best wishes

Prakash.s.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM