• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru As A Medium Used By God

Jan 3, 2011
Hi,

Basically, I wanted to know the meanings of:

1. "mein apan bol na jaanda mein keha sab hukmai jiyo "

2. "Jaise mein aavey khasam ki bani, taisda karin gyan veh lalo."

I think they have been said by Guru Nanak and are a part of the Granth Sahib. What exactly do they mean and what is the implication?

Regards

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Hi,

Basically, I wanted to know the meanings of:

1. "mein apan bol na jaanda mein keha sab hukmai jiyo "

2. "Jaise mein aavey khasam ki bani, taisda karin gyan veh lalo."

I think they have been said by Guru Nanak and are a part of the Granth Sahib. What exactly do they mean and what is the implication?

Regards
rajeshm ji Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji or Gurbani study requires study of full shabads. Focus on a line here and there is actually a very dangerous trait and highly discouraged in philosophical discussion at spn. This practice is disdained into at spn.

I am sure spnadmin ji will look after it :sippingcoffeemunda:

If you want to pursue your curiosity about these line you can punch in lines/words in the following and it is a very easy to navigate site for inquiring minds,

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Advanced&Param=english

Now going back to the overall message in Gurbani, Sikhism through teachings in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji does not believe in God's messenger as God is postulated to be in each of us and everywhere. Its discovery within and outside is the challenge.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks Ambarsaria ji

You are right, and a full shabad should be posted. My reading was that rajeshm ji was asking for an interpretation of those lines. Not that he was trying to prove a point or make an argument. rajeshm ji would you kindly post the shabads in full. I often do that for forum members, but do not like to use transliterations as they are very variable and they make use of search engines punishing work.

My own question is: What or Which Guru would you be referring to? Having the shabads will make it easier to answer my question and easier to discuss the answers.

Things will go more smoothly if you post the shabads yourself. Thank you, spnadmin

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM