• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Does Sikhism Confirm The Existence Of Hindu Gods/Goddesses?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
If its valuye was "0" why was it even mentioned? What are you trying to say?
Kamala ji thanks for your post.

The value ZERO is in terms of Sikhism's belief and SGGS asking us to believe in such.

The mention and reference to these by Guru ji and in SGGS was to teach people who assigned more than ZERO value to such. Some actually believed these myths as real like yourself. That is unfortunately not Sikhism.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
भाई प्रकाश जी, मैं सिर्फ बेवकूफ को कम करना चाहते है

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
No it's not, that's a lie. In the dasam granth it starts everything from the beginning from when there was Krishna and Devki and tells their storys ect. You should read it someday. :09:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Kamala ji thanks for your post.

Let me see if I translate your post

ਭਾੲੀ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ ਜੀ, ਮੈਂ ਸ*ਿਰਫ ਬੇਵਕੂਫ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ੋਟਾ ਬਨਾੳੁਨਾਂ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੀ ਹਾਂ

Veer Prakash ji, I am only trying to minimize the idiot
I Assume that kind comment is addressed to me (Ambarsaria).

I appreciate you even more now.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji, Ref to second part of your message#78
Your supposition that someone knows more than GuRu ji .this is nothing but your ignorance and a mark of great disrespect for GuRu Ji.
I surprise you have come to such a level of thinking.I did not expect so from a person belonging to AMRITSAR with Study from Khalsa College.

I suppose this forum is for sharing of views only.And here everyone can either
Appreciate the views
Agree or Disagree with the views or
Reject the views

Any thing beyond this is a exposure of trivial behaviour..I hope you are matured enough to understand this.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Rejact the views

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Ambarsaria ji, don't take it the worng way. I'm sorry; ignorance has taken you far into your religous journey. I recommend you go to a gurdwara and ask if Krishna was real to the Panth and see what they say, I can almost gurantee all the panths would say the same. I also want to help you. I don't want to make fun of you and that comment was not to you, it was to someone else.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji, Ref to second part of your message#78
Your supposition that someone knows more than GuRu ji .this is nothing but your ignorance and a mark of great disrespect for GuRu Ji.
Prakash.S.Bagga ji thanks for you post. I realize you have very good selective memory. You remember on my background as a child but forget lot of other stuff.

However let us understand the context of your protestation,
It is addressed to you in that post as you seem to insert or ascribe meanings to SGGS that do not exist. You claim that Hinduism mythologies to be true and some how associate to SGGS, that is what I commented on.

When all else fails you have done very many times to leverage the name of SGGS and not the understanding of SGGS to malign people. I take your statements in this post no differently this time.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Ambarsaria ji, on a personal note, I believe in Sikhism more but show my Hinduism side here because some naiive people here totally focus into Sikhims but then also comment like Hinduism never happened (events/dieties). What I'm trying to say is that I think Sikhism is the best BUT you have to remember the fact that Hinduism's dieties are ALL real as well but they all bow down to the one true god and our guru jis. I really hope you understand. I just don't want chitrgupta to get mad at you when you go up to the heavens and they decide your punishment/mukti.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
The Hindu gods also deserve RESPECT, mocking them in such a way is not accceptable and God would think so too since HE created the first religion EVER which is Hinduism.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ambarsaria ji, don't take it the worng way. I'm sorry; ignorance has taken you far into your religous journey.
Kamala ji have some manners and not use the word ji while you mean to insult. Perhaps you are too westernized and picked such ways.

Kamala said:
I recommend you go to a gurdwara and ask if Krishna was real to the Panth and see what they say, I can almost gurantee all the panths would say the same. I also want to help you. I don't want to make fun of you and that comment was not to you, it was to someone else.

I cannot make much of your sentences. I don't know how much you know about Sikhsim. Read Sikh Reht Maryada (SRM) and perhaps it will clarify for you and let me quote the basic definition of a Sikh for you from SRM,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
is`K dI qwrI&
jo iesqrI jW purS iek Akwl purK, ds gurU swihbwn (sRI gurU nwnk dyv jI qoN lY ky sRI gurU goibMd isMG swihb qk), sRI gurU gRMQ swihb Aqy ds gurU swihbwn dI bwxI qy is`iKAw Aqy dsmyS jI dy AMimRq au`qy inScw r`Kdw hY Aqy iksy hor Drm nUM nhIN mMNndw, auh is`K hY[
Perhaps you can do a great service to self and others by translating it in English. I don't have a Hindi version if you don't know Punjabi.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
I said Almost guarantee because I was afraid you may be a panth secretly and you will proove me wrong :giggle:Also was the "Sikh Reht Maryada" written by one of our Guru ji's himself? && that english is hard to read....

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I was afraid you may be a panth secretly and you will proove me wrong :giggle:
Kamala ji are you very young and lack knowlege as I don't want to be too hard on you. Your knowledge of Sikhism and the terms you are using does not make much sense.

Please clarify.

Sat Sri Akal.

Sian Haller

SPNer
Dec 5, 2011
Essex, UK
Gurfatehji,

My own two pence.

Sikhism does not confirm the existance of any gods of any faith. The statues are a physical depiction of what the dieties represent. A belief in dieties can be shared across religions but belief is not conformation of existence.Every country in the world has its own myths and stories, in some cultures these appear to have been adopted as religious figures.

The concept behind the deity remains real, but this does not validate the existence of the representation of these concepts through Gods.

I believe in a force, or an energy.

I think the religions of the world give people a code of conduct to enable them to live within their societies as best they can, and I feel if followed in the spirit that they were written, can only lead to goodness. kaurhug

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Well basically when I say panth I mean Granthi, but Panth sounds cooler to me xD also I said secretly because you never told us if you were one or not which means you have kept it as a secret!

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Sian good point xD but the people who are born into a certain area/family should kinda stick to the indigenous religions of theirs, if you know what I mean xD (No offense to anyone) and Hinduism was the first religion so it has to be true in some ways.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Well basically when I say panth I mean Granthi, but Panth sounds cooler to me
Kamala Bhain please learn, think and say. Your statements are very lacking in understanding of matters Sikh or SGGS. Young or old your posts show you have been fed lot of anti-Sikhism concepts in training or learning.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sian good point xD but the people who are born into a certain area/family should kinda stick to the indigenous religions of theirs, if you know what I mean xD (No offense to anyone) and Hinduism was the first religion so it has to be true in some ways.
Kamala ji, What makes you think first or last defines things to be inherently right or wrong. First some religions thought earth was flat. Are not many religions a way to control the masses and exploit them? Sikhism encourages you to build understanding of one creator and one creation and live through that not beliefs or myths.

If you can find sometime in your busy schedule, you may want to read some of the posts in the following series,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sukhmani-sahib/37788-sukhmani-sahib-astpadi-3-sabad-1-a.html

Sat Sri Akal.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
I just read that. Thanks for the gian, but I already knew that. Also about the comment, I mean if a religion says that then that's a reason to leave it but Hinduism never said that :p but I get what your saying xD thus, I'm here in this religion :)
Ambarsaria ji, on a personal note, I believe in Sikhism more but show my Hinduism side here because some naiive people here totally focus into Sikhims but then also comment like Hinduism never happened (events/dieties). What I'm trying to say is that I think Sikhism is the best BUT you have to remember the fact that Hinduism's dieties are ALL real as well but they all bow down to the one true god and our guru jis. I really hope you understand. I just don't want chitrgupta to get mad at you when you go up to the heavens and they decide your punishment/mukti.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I just read that. Thanks for the gian, but I already knew that. Also about the comment, I mean if a religion says that then that's a reason to leave it but Hinduism never said that :p but I get what your saying xD thus, I'm here in this religion :)
I am happy to learn that you know all that. I know I am learning much as I go.

I assume when you mentioned that I did not respond to your post, you meant the below. I can respond as follows,

Kamala said:
Ambarsaria ji, on a personal note, I believe in Sikhism more but show my Hinduism side here because some naiive people here totally focus into Sikhims but then also comment like Hinduism never happened (events/dieties).
Everybody has right to say they believe or not. This is Sikh Philosophy Network, why cannot Sikhs say what they don't believe in or what they think?

Kamala said:
BUT you have to remember the fact that Hinduism's dieties are ALL real as well
There are no basis of facts that convince me of any of this. Not that I am such a central figure that needs to be convinced. There is perhaps lot of wisdom and no one religion has monopoly over that.

Kamala said:
I really hope you understand. I just don't want chitrgupta to get mad at you when you go up to the heavens and they decide your punishment/mukti.
Cursing or scaring others is never done perhaps that part of Sikhism you need to pay close attention to. I fully expect myself to be burnt in the end or eaten by other life or used by other life whenever. No expectations here of rivers of milk, concubines and pleasures abounding. Simple I come, simple I go like all.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: