• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Does Sikhism Confirm The Existence Of Hindu Gods/Goddesses?

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Everybody has right to say they believe or not. This is Sikh Philosophy Network, why cannot Sikhs say what they don't believe in or what they think?

Ambarsaria ,Master Musketeer,my Veer Ji

When we say something that may demean another World faith and it's followers we should perhaps balance the Right of Freedom of speech with the Right of Religious Freedom.We should qualify that these are only personal opinions and everyone has a right to worship who ever they want,as I used to be into physical fitness I would always start with the name of the Patron Saint of Wrestlers 'Jai Bajrang Bali Ke Jay!

I hope that does not mean I'm now Patit, because I always considered myself that anyway ,perhaps I'm Patit first class now.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ambarsaria ,Master Musketeer,my Veer Ji

When we say something that may demean another World faith and it's followers we should perhaps balance the Right of Freedom of speech with the Right of Religious Freedom.We should qualify that these are only personal opinions and everyone has a right to worship who ever they want,as I used to be into physical fitness I would always start with the name of the Patron Saint of Wrestlers 'Jai Bajrang Bali Ke Jay!

I hope that does not mean I'm now Patit, because I always considered myself that anyway ,perhaps I'm Patit first class now.
SP veer ji I never deny anybody's right to any religion. The title of the thread started was,
Does Sikhism Confirm the Existence of Hindu Gods/Goddesses?
The answer is the following,

Sikhism DOES NOT Confirm the Existence of Hindu Gods/Goddesses?
It is as simple as that. I believe the above to be true based on all I know within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and within Sikhism learnings from Guru ji and my personal intellect or lack thereof.

It does not say Hinduism confirms or not.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
How can you change the facts of Gurbani? Just not possible

If you ignore or eliminate the pronunciation of matra like Aukad and Sihari
in the last letters of Gurbani words . How can you understand Gurbani.?
It is big questionmark for any one.
Pl dont tolerate or learn from me .I am not there for Spoon Feeding.
At least learn from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .This is my only sincere elderly brother advice.
You may like or ignore this ,choice is yours.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

It is sad to notice you are here to mock Sikhi. This has been your objective since you came here. Case in point, you are quick to find mistakes in others and when asked where the mistakes are, you keep quiet or change the subject and when your mistakes are shown, you maliciously erase them in your response.

Only arrogant people flaunt their ignorance claiming,"I am not there for Spoon Feeding". These are your words. A Sikh in this forum would never say that. A Sikh would know that we are all here to learn via interacting but it clearly shows you do not know what that means. You claim to be doing us a favour which is a silly thing coming from a person who is 60 years old who lacks any kinds of skills of communications and you have shown that with your above remark.

You falsely claimed that there are transitive and intransitive nouns and adjectives. When pointed your mistakes out, you kept quiet as usual and copped out which has become your second nature. You do not know anything about Gurmukhi grammEr as you say it. You pretend to know and now you are upset because you have been exposed.

You have not been able to point out any mistake when challenged but start abusing with your language. Thanks for showing your true colours. I hope one day you become a true Sikh so you can learn and not be afraid and hide when you make mistakes which has become your speciality.

It is a shame indeed but your charade is not going to continue anymore as you must have noticed.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Tejwant Singh ji,
Stop it with your baseless accusations and bullying. It is getting quite distasteful. Debate issues not the person (as mods say).
Bhagat Singh veer ji you don't need to defend as others are quite capable of so doing. Read the following and you shall get the drift. Lady apparently knows that Prakash.S.Bagga ji likes Hindi as she so addressed him while the rest were addressed in English lol.
भाई प्रकाश जी, मैं सिर्फ बेवकूफ को कम करना चाहते है

ਭਾੲੀ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ ਜੀ, ਮੈਂ ਸ*ਿਰਫ ਬੇਵਕੂਫ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ੋਟਾ ਬਨਾੳੁਨਾਂ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੀ ਹਾਂ

Veer Prakash ji, I am only trying to minimize the idiot
(http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-...onfirm-existence-hindu-gods-9.html#post158563)
Perhaps little off-topic but I like your sense of equity to call it as you see it winkingmunda mundahug .

Sat Sri Akal.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant Singh ji,
Stop it with your baseless accusations and bullying. It is getting quite distasteful. Debate issues not the person (as mods say).

Bhagat Singh ji,

Guru fateh.

Look who is talking? Talking about debating issues, you are the one who keeps mum when challenged and has been dishonest about responding. Where are the URLS that you claimed you responded to me through? Still waiting for them. Let's debate the issues.:singhsippingcoffee:

So, till you become the honest one, you have no say. As you are not capable of responding to the direct questions asked to you about your own falsehoods, it is embarrassing on your part to budge in this manner.

Learn to respond rather than hide. Any Sikh would and should respond. When you do that, then we shall talk.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

PS: In case you missed it, we are debating issues.:)

Aug 28, 2010
The Forum is turning into a political playground.Very disguting to read the mental
status of some ones.This is a great threat for being progrssive in thoughts.It seems that it is difficult for some to come out of parochial thinking.Such persons only pretend to believe in SGGS ji just for the sake of dominating others.
Better we stop sharing the views .Let a few allow to play Ping Pong political game of accussing others.This may help cleansing their hearts.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Bhagat Singh ji,

Guru fateh.

Look who is talking? Talking about debating issues, you are the one who keeps mum when challenged and has been dishonest about responding. Where are the URLS that you claimed you responded to me through? Still waiting for them. Let's debate the issues.:singhsippingcoffee:

So, till you become the honest one, you have no say. As you are not capable of responding to the direct questions asked to you about your own falsehoods, it is embarrassing on your part to budge in this manner.

Learn to respond rather than hide. Any Sikh would and should respond. When you do that, then we shall talk.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

PS: In case you missed it, we are debating issues.:)

Do you really do that yourself? Look for that you should get the answer for yourself.
It is always easy to advise others.
I am wondering this time is it the same TEJWANT SINGH Ji whom I knew at the very start.You are very much different now and I suspect you are trapped and being misguided.This can not be original TEJWANT SINGH .
With regards
Prakash.S.Bagga

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
The Forum is turning into a political playground.Very disguting to read the mental
status of some ones.This is a great threat for being progrssive in thoughts.It seems that it is difficult for some to come out of parochial thinking.Such persons only pretend to believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji just for the sake of dominating others.
Better we stop sharing the views .Let a few allow to play Ping Pong political game of accussing others.This may help cleansing their hearts.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

People who really have true love for Ik Ong Kaar will keep on sharing this forum via interacting and learning through it. They are not afraid to admit their mistakes because they are true Sikhs and have the real thirst to learn.

I agree with you about those who are parochial minded and stick on some lagha matras without understanding the true message of SGGS, our only Guru will be called out as such.

True learners like Ambarsaria ji and others will keep on doing seva and pitching in with their efforts as he is doing a remarkable job in Sukhmani.

Some who are the true seekers will understand what metaphors are used for and will progress in their lives.

This forum is the best for this and has been since its inception. Here, people are not afraid to discuss and to admit their faults when they are wrong. This is the reason this forum has been thriving because of its honesty in the participants.

Tejwant Singh

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
This is a great threat for being progrssive in thoughts.
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji the clearest answer to the question of the thread is the following,

Sikhism DOES NOT Confirm the Existence of Hindu Gods/Goddesses?
Rest is elaboration of it.

Do you agree or disagree with the above!

Sat Sri Akal.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Hardly a challenge Tejwant Singh ji. Urls were given in the same thread you asked for them. Before you asked me, I had replied to Ambarsaria ji with relevant Urls.

Ambarsaria ji,
Before we start jumping to the answer of the question, we should first ask ourselves:
1. What do we mean when we say "confirm"?
*2. How can a religion confirm the existence of God(s) and Goddess(es)? Restated: What are the possible ways for confirmation?
Now we ask:
*3. What does Sikhism do that confirms their existence? What it doesn't do? (out of the possible things religions can do to confirm their existence)

Then we can ask:
4. Given the myths, what is the purpose of the existence of such myths? What purpose do they serve? Restated: What deeper meaning is there in these myths?
5. How does the Gurus use these deeper meanings to put forward their message?

*Remember we are not concerned with scientific evidence here.

Oct 21, 2009
India
Ambarsaria ji /Tejwant ji,

Sikhi does not validate the existence of any mythological figure quoted in Bani. It is very well stated position of Sikhi on philosophical front.

I would personally recommend any one to kindly go thru. "Philosophy of Sikhism" by Sher Singh published by SGPC. It was first published in 1980 and the last reprint was out in March 2003. I do have copy of the same.

Similar views have been expressed by one other scholar as well. His work is also published in the form of a book. If it is required I would share the same as I shall have to locate the Book.

I fully endorse the views of Ambarsaria ji as expressed above.

Regards!

Sorry Dear Bhagat Singh ji,

I had not read your post before posting this. In any case my reply is independent.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji the clearest answer to the question of the thread is the following,

Rest is elaboration of it.

Do you agree or disagree with the above!

Sat Sri Akal.

I agree that sikh philosophy as envisaged in SGGS ji does not confirm the existence of GOD /GODDESS .It neither rejects the way you express the views.For this you require a deep understanding of Gurbani .You should therefore concentrate more on this rather than in establishing the views which have no relevence.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
Sikh philosophy as envisaged in SGGS ji is based on the concept of GuR JOTi/Prabh JoTi
Which you disagree.
When we propagate the Sikh philosophy with concept of ONE GOD or GOD is ONE which is not a concept of SGGS ji at all
You are trapped yourself in such irrelevent endless discussion.
So we should concentrate and understand our GuROO first.
Prakash.S.Bagga

PS.I understand now you make use of the reference as CREATOR.So I have always appreciated this view of yours.You were able to understand this.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I agree that sikh philosophy as envisaged in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not confirm the existence of GOD /GODDESS .
Veer Prakash Singh Bagga ji stick with this, I will stop posting if this helps the cause. Sikhism is not about Ambarsaria it is about our Guru jis and SGGS.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Everbody read the reference provided by Veer Taranjeet Singh ji and Bhagat Singh ji should be the leader being the youngest mundahug.

I will endeavor to assist if I can find the book.

Aug 28, 2010
Veer Prakash Singh Bagga ji stick with this, I will stop posting if this helps the cause. Sikhism is not about Ambarsaria it is about our Guru jis and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Everbody read the reference provided by Veer Taranjeet Singh ji and Bhagat Singh ji should be the leader being the youngest mundahug.

I will endeavor to assist if I can find the book.

You should give the full reference of my message .This partial reference can create confusion at any time. I always stick to what I write.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer Prakash Singh Bagga ji thanks for your post.
PS.I understand now you make use of the reference as CREATOR.So I have always appreciated this view of yours.You were able to understand this.
Veer ji to tell you the truth I was never trapped. One can call creator anything, if you personally understand it to be the creator as stated in SGGS. So when I used God I never thought of Jesus, Buddha or Mohamed or any of the Guru jis as God.

So my personal understanding was God or creator as defined in SGGS. I have definitely advanced in my understanding in dialog here with you and Gyani Jarnail Singh ji, Tejwant Singh ji, Taranjeet Singh ji, Bhagat Singh ji, Harry Haller ji, Sinner veer ji, Jasbirkaleka ji, spn admin ji and Bhain Ishna ji and Mai Harinder Kaur ji. There are many others younger than me and some older like Japjisahib04 ji, Amarpal ji.

I have learned something from each and everyone and I try to share my learning.

I am blunt and like to be rightfully corrected and criticized. When no one comments on my posts (like Sukhmani Sahib ji) I feel bad. I do not believe myself to be 100% right and I can tell my Veers and Bhains are insulting (ignoring) by not interjecting, commenting and correcting. That is the only sounding board I have to improve my understanding.

I have completed my drafts of Sukhmani Sahib, Rehraas Sahib, Kirtan Sohila, Bani Sheikh Farid ji, and am working on Japji Sahib. I will continue as much as I can but only post if such is of any use to someone.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
prakash.s.bagga said:
I agree that sikh philosophy as envisaged in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not confirm the existence of GOD /GODDESS .
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji, it is perfectly clear to me. You told me that there is only one way to interpret SGGS. That line above has to be correct without any qualification once you put a full stop (.) at the end of the sentence.

Clear straight messages are always simple and don't confuse anyone.

You want to confuse go ahead take back what you said and add all kind of other stuff including about me and others and all kind of jotis and other paraphernalia.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM