• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Baba Virsa Singh : Fakir Attracts Huge Birthday Crowds

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
SSA to you all...

If you guys are still there....I would love to share some facts with you ...

Thanks

bhaji

Most who participated are still around, but not necessarily every day, even every week. Why don't you just say what you have to say.

Others might pick up the thread because the topic is interesting. There is controversy to spare around Bhai Virsa Singh.

cjsingh

SPNer
Jun 1, 2013
Thnks paji....

Here is brief about Who was Baba Virsa singh?

Baba Ji and His Work​
Baba Virsa Singh ji is a holy person of Biblical proportions whose powerful spirituality was first
recognized when he was a child. Born on 20 February 1934 in the rural village of Raja Jung outside
of Lahore, he was uprooted in 1947 by Partition and moved with his family to Sarawan Bodla, a
mud-brick village in Punjab, India. He spent his days plowing and working on the family farm, until
one day in his late teens he experienced great anguish while cutting fodder for the animals. As the
sap poured out, Babaji was consumed with the feeling that he had committed a great sin and prayed
to be released from that duty. At once, sores appeared on the soles of his feet, so painful that he
could not work. From that time, he began meditating day and night under the Beri tree in the
courtyard, calling out to the One whose presence he could feel to “Please come – please show
yourself.” Babaji became so thin that his father took him to a local doctor. He still laughs when he
remembers that time, as the doctor could not find anything wrong with him.
Then one day, an awesome figure appeared to him. It was Baba Siri Chand ji, the great sixteenthcentury
mystic and elder son of Guru Nanak Dev ji, the first Sikh Guru. Not long thereafter, Baba
Siri Chand ji returned and said, “I’ve brought my Father.” There before the young man stood Guru
Nanak Dev ji. Babaji recalls the scene as vividly as if it were today: “How can I ever forget the day?
Of how He came and stood before me. Baba Siri Chand said ‘I'll introduce you to my Father.’ They
were both very tall - over 6 feet. Guru Nanak Dev ji wore​
lathu-wale karavan (wooden sandals with
a central “toe” knob) and his
chola (long gown) was mouse-colored. He stood in front of me. I never
bowed or anything. Baba Siri Chand ji, said ‘My Father has come.’ Guru Nanak spoke, ‘So you
think you need a Guru?’ I said ‘Yes.’ ‘Can you see my body?’ I said, ‘Yes’. ‘Can you see my face?’
I said yes. ‘Do you see my lips moving? Repeat what I’m about to tell you and share it with others.’
Then He said, ‘Repeat after me –
Ek Onkar Satnam Siri WaheGuru - recite this.’ He gave me this
shabad (sacred words) and said: ‘Give this shabad to the people.’ Then he said a very special thing.
‘I received Nam this way myself.’ That is a very profound thought. Then Guru Gobind Singh ji
came. He had His own ways. He gave me many boons.”
After that, Baba Siri Chand ji and Guru Gobind Singh ji were constantly with him, instructing the
young man in strict meditation and in service to humanity. It was then that Baba Virsa Singh was
shown that he would have to work very hard, that his fame and wealth would spread, that he would
develop great farms, and perhaps most strange, that he would have a great following in Russia.
When the boy began healing intractable diseases by giving people leaves from the Beri tree where he
sat - or when the leaves were gone, simply by dipping his fingers in water - bringing the dead back
to life, and transforming people's lives, villagers recognized that great spiritual powers were
developing within him. They began to gather around him, and all have stories of the miracles that
happened daily among his followers.
Obeying the command of God, Babaji moved from place to place, from Karnal in Haryana, North of
Bareilly in UP, to Simla, Amritsar, Chandigarh and finally Delhi, reminding people of
dharma, the
Eternal Truths of all religions beyond any sectarian divisions. He was directed to some dry, thorny,
rocky land at the south end of Delhi offered by a devotee, Sardarni Nirlep Kaur. And in June of 1968
he began to develop that land into what is now Gobind Sadan, "God’s House Without Walls”—a
paradise of peaceful gardens, tree-lined paths, round-the-clock devotional centers, and a free
Obeying the command of God, Babaji moved from place to place, from Karnal in Haryana, North of
Bareilly in UP, to Simla, Amritsar, Chandigarh and finally Delhi, reminding people of
dharma, the
Eternal Truths of all religions beyond any sectarian divisions. He was directed to some dry, thorny,
rocky land at the south end of Delhi offered by a devotee, Sardarni Nirlep Kaur. And in June of 1968
he began to develop that land into what is now Gobind Sadan, "God’s House Without Walls”—a
paradise of peaceful gardens, tree-lined paths, round-the-clock devotional centers, and a free
community kitchen for people of all faiths and all social levels where miracles are everyday
occurrences. He developed farms elsewhere as well, including the huge model farm known as Shiv
Sadan, reclaimed from a dangerous flood-prone wasteland on the banks of the holy river Ganges.
People of all faiths and many countries come to Babaji at Gobind Sadan for his blessings and
guidance, for practical spiritual training, for devotional worship, and for
seva (voluntary service).
Those working on the farms do strenuous manual labor from dawn to dusk, raising lush productive
crops with yields far exceeding those in surrounding areas. The sevadars do not tire; they say they
feel invigorated and blessed by the work. As they work, Babaji encourages them to silently recite
God’s Holy Name in loving remembrance
("Ik Onkar Sat Nam Siri Wahe Guru"—"There is One
God whose name is Truth, Praise the Ever Greater ,ever more wondrous God”)
and Jaap Sahib –

Guru Gobind Singh’s empowering Hymns of Praise.
The work supports Babaji¡’s mission to overcome poverty and religious
conflict and bring peace to both individuals and the world. To heal those
poor in spirit, prayers are offered round the clock. To uplift the deserving poor, langars (free
community meals where people of all castes sit side by side on the ground), free medical care,
schooling for children, are offered free of cost. And to teach reverence for all those who bring God’
message and their teachings, Babaji holds interfaith gatherings and celebrates the major holidays of
all religions.
Baba Virsa Singh makes no claim to being a guru; he does not seek fame, followers, or money. He
says, "I am just trying to be a better human being. What I say is not new. I just repeat the commands
of God so that people will remember them." The lives and teachings of the Sikh Gurus are the model
for his practical work, yet he continually refers to the timeless teachings revealed by all Prophets. He
stresses that sectarian divisions have been created by humans, not by God or God's Messengers. His
basic program is the same for everyone: Recite Nam, read Jaap Sahib (Guru Gobind Singh’s
empowering Hymn of God's praises), do seva and rise early in the morning to begin thanking God
and looking within yourself to battle with your own evils.
Babaji is highly respected as a world class leader, by scholars (though he has not received any
formal worldly education), by government officials (though he seeks no one's favor), by scientists
(who find truth in Babaji's words and presence even if they have been religious skeptics), and by
religious leaders and devotees of all faiths (for he sincerely loves and encourages appreciation of all
Prophets and scriptures). Although multitudes have been blessed, healed and personally transformed
through his influence and by following the practical program he recommends, Babaji continually
says, "God is the only Doer, the One who gives you everything. Give all your love to God."
The love of God is a basic theme running through all of Babaji's teachings. When he is not in
secluded meditation, he gives informal, spontaneous discourses. He speaks in sweet and simple
village Punjabi, mixed with esoteric spiritual terms from many languages and religions, charged with
profound spiritual meaning. These discourses have inspired and transformed the lives of countless
people and have produced practical demonstrations of God’s power to change the world. We have
gathered the essence of these teachings from many discourses and offer them to you topic by topic
that you too may grow in your love for God.
village Punjabi, mixed with esoteric spiritual terms from many languages and religions, charged with
profound spiritual meaning. These discourses have inspired and transformed the lives of countless
people and have produced practical demonstrations of God’s power to change the world.

Paji Dharam(Religion) is not just a theoritical matter to be discussed in forums and web sites.
Its 100 % practical.

Guru Nanak Dev ji said "Kirat Karo,Naam Jappo,Wand Shakko"
means "Do your work,remember the Almighty and say thanks,and share"
And that is what has been done by Baba Virsa Singh ji.

He is having big farms producing huge amount of crops but all the profit is used for the upliftment of the society(poor people),for education,medical facilities to the poors,langars etc.
They never ask for Donation.
They do work and share the earnings.
And this is the mission of Guru Nanak Dev ji.(Kirat,Naam,Share)

These are very simple things to say but are we really following the teachings of our gurus.

Just bowing in front of Sri Guru Granth Saheb ji does not fulfill any purpose untill and unless we follow the teachings of Gurus in our life.

Nothing will change if we'll not follow what guru says.

And paji Guru granth Saheb ji says

"Rain comes,grass grows,cows eat that grass and give milk,women make butter from milk and then GHEE(Ghyo) from butter and when that GHEE is used in Havan,It will give you success in your work"

I'll find the exact Shabad and post it.

So all my brothers and sisters here,
See what is happening these days,we dont know anything about religion and we start teaching others.
Instead of this if we more concentrate on following the Gurus messages,it would be much more beneficial.
Dont make any perception about anything without knowing it well.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Cjsingh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Did you write the bio of Baba Virsa Singh? I think not. It is called plagiarism which is cheating and a Sikh does not cheat.

First give the credit to the one who wrote it or post the URL you copied and pasted it from. Please act like a Sikh before we can have any further discussion.

Tejwant Singh

cjsingh

SPNer
Jun 1, 2013
Cjsingh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Did you write the bio of Baba Virsa Singh? I think not. It is called plagiarism which is cheating and a Sikh does not cheat.

First give the credit to the one who wrote it or post the URL you copied and pasted it from. Please act like a Sikh before we can have any further discussion.

Tejwant Singh

Paji menu kuj nae milna cheat krk.

I just want you to know the truth.

I request you to visit http://storiesfromparadise.org/

Its written by Mary Pat Fisher,a famous writer of "Living Religion"

cjsingh

SPNer
Jun 1, 2013
n paji I have attached a copy of ebook that contains the pracitcal teachings of Baba Virsa Singh ji by Mary Pat Fisher

And this is the source from where I copied the content.

Thanks.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Paji menu kuj nae milna cheat krk.

I just want you to know the truth.

I request you to visit http://storiesfromparadise.org/

Its written by Mary Pat Fisher,a famous writer of "Living Religion"

Cj singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

It matters not what you will get from cheating but the fact is that you did cheat and was called for it. I am glad you have corrected yourself now.

Next time, when you quote someone, please give him/her the credit. it is your duty as a Sikh.

My next question is: Have you met and spent sometime with Baba Virsa Singh when he was alive?

Have you been to his Asharam in Merauli near Delhi when he was alive?

I have, and I know what he did there. I knew him personally.He had a harem there full of women. The part where he lived, no one was allowed except the women living there. He was a womaniser to put it lightly.

He was never a Sikh. His actions were of a lecher. Gobind Sadan is not a Sikh Gurdwara.

To be contd.

Tejwant Singh

cjsingh

SPNer
Jun 1, 2013
Cj singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

It matters not what you will get from cheating but the fact is that you did cheat and was called for it. I am glad you have corrected yourself now.

Next time, when you quote someone, please give him/her the credit. it is your duty as a Sikh.

My next question is: Have you met and spent sometime with Baba Virsa Singh when he was alive?

Have you been to his Asharam in Merauli near Delhi when he was alive?

I have, and I know what he did there. I knew him personally.He had a harem there full of women. The part where he lived, no one was allowed except the women living there. He was a womaniser to put it lightly.

He was never a Sikh. His actions were of a lecher. Gobind Sadan is not a Sikh Gurdwara.

To be contd.

Tejwant Singh

hnji paji...

I have visited the place many times.
But paji I dont want to write anymore.
Gurbani says "Ek noor te sab jag upjya"
Fer vakhra ki reh gya paji...

Gobind Sadan ne prachar kita
Jaap Saheb da(Guru gobind singh ji di bani)
Dasham Granth da,n dasham granth da prakash v kita janda hai Schkhand Shri Hazur Saheb,Patna Saheb

J aj Jaap Saheb ghr ghr padya ja rya te o Baba Virsa singh ji krk.
Jaap saheb has been translated to Russian,English.
Isn't it a prachar of sikhi.

Enna wdda message otho mil rya e...
K kirat karo,naam jappo,wand shako...
Hor sikhi ki hai....

N paji especially for you....
If you have ever read Sukhmani saheb tan ode ch "Sant ke dokhi" layi ki sja hai likhi hoyi hai..
n the same applies to you...

Paji I am telling you that you will suffer from all these words that you have used.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
hnji paji...

I have visited the place many times.
But paji I dont want to write anymore.
Gurbani says "Ek noor te sab jag upjya"
Fer vakhra ki reh gya paji...

Gobind Sadan ne prachar kita
Jaap Saheb da(Guru gobind singh ji di bani)
Dasham Granth da,n dasham granth da prakash v kita janda hai Schkhand Shri Hazur Saheb,Patna Saheb

J aj Jaap Saheb ghr ghr padya ja rya te o Baba Virsa singh ji krk.
Jaap saheb has been translated to Russian,English.
Isn't it a prachar of sikhi.

Enna wdda message otho mil rya e...
K kirat karo,naam jappo,wand shako...
Hor sikhi ki hai....

N paji especially for you....
If you have ever read Sukhmani saheb tan ode ch "Sant ke dokhi" layi ki sja hai likhi hoyi hai..
n the same applies to you...

Paji I am telling you that you will suffer from all these words that you have used.

Cj Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You post makes no sense. The only thing caught my eye is the one in bold.

Paji I am telling you that you will suffer from all these words that you have used

One who seeks Nirbhau, Nirvair, does not pass curses of suffering to others. This is not a Sikhi trait. But do not worry.I have the antidote for your venom and negativity. It is called Naam and it is in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
a one, a two, a one two three four, all together

There was a Baba from Marauli
who thought he was very holy

He thought he was one of the sants
but he was more interested
in the contents of his deleted

Tejwantji, please allow me to share your suffering

Do we still have to suffer if we are not superstitious?

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
[/COLOR][/B]
Tejwantji, please allow me to share your suffering

Do we still have to suffer if we are not superstitious?

I realize you asked Tejwant, but wanted to speak up too! It has always been my impression that removing the suffering that comes with superstition was one part of Guru Nanak's mission on earth. Maybe I have had it wrong all that time.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: