• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Do Indian Vegetarians Have A Problem With Eggs But Not With Milk?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Searching Ji..
<<<between egg="" is="" not="" a="" waste="" product.="" it="" meant="" to="" be="" fertilized="" by="" rooster="" and="" produce="" chicks="" which="" we="" humans="" prevent="" from="" happening="" in="" poultry="" farms="" so="" that="" can="" eat="" them.=""
</between>Between egg is not a waste product. It is meant to be fertilized by rooster and produce chicks which we humans prevent from happening in poultry farms so that we can eat them.
<between egg="" is="" not="" a="" waste="" product.="" it="" meant="" to="" be="" fertilized="" by="" rooster="" and="" produce="" chicks="" which="" we="" humans="" prevent="" from="" happening="" in="" poultry="" farms="" so="" that="" can="" eat="" them.=""
>>>.
imho THIS is Natural and as per HUKM...billions of unfertilised eggs are wasted by HUMANS each time a woman gets her monthly there is a wasted egg.....each time a fish lays eggs in the open oceans...each time salmons etc swim up the mountain streams, etc etc...billions of eggs go by without being fertilised and resulting in living embryos...Humans are not involved...</between>

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gyaniji I have to say you always seem to have something profound to add to a discussion

Thank you Rory Ji for the kind words..But this is what SGGS has taught me..to look at everything from a wide number of directions and layers upon layers....actually nothing is as simple as we think it is..he he
Just look at how the various Threads evolve..from a simple request to translate 3 words..we had different perspectives on language, etc..THAT is the real beauty of SPN..we have a wide pool of talent..each poster is unique in his/her own way and possesses a vital expertise that no other has...and we all benefit from all these various talented posters...ALL SIKHS and each in various shades...making a SPN RAINBOW in the SKY that is beyond beautiful...its stupendously magnificent !! I am happy to be a tiny speck of a star in the SPN galaxy...adding my light which is actually REFLECTED LIGHT from SGGS !! CHEERS and Happy posting/browsing..and SIKHING...

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Err no.

See the link I have posted from Chicken owners. Ther sound is one of exitement. Infact when Chicken lay eggs they go quiet and strain a bit. The whole point of laying an egg is that the gestation happens in the egg.
When my Parakeet would lay eggs it is so stressed, I don't see how it is the sound of pain.
You are missing the point. In order for YOU to have YOUR fill of milk, YOUR servants would deny milk to the calf for whom it was intended. That is plain cruel and selfish.
I am vegan though :) You are the one drinking milk not me~~~
Well I don't see why people have to be so cruel to calf's and deny them milk so they can fill their own belly's.....or maybe that's because most vegetarians in Indian are hypocrits!!! :happykudi:
I don't think that is hypocritical since in Vaishnavism and other Hindu sects it is told that milk is sacred and you can drink it. Kinda like how in the gurdwara they have tablas with animal hide on it but still seems "ok" to us amritdhari Sikhs because it gives sound.
Sorry this is hypocritical jibberish!!!
m049.gif

Are you telling me that every vegetarian food you eat tastes bad? motherlyloveLacto Vegetarians in their quest to make out they are superior only eat bad tasting food rite?
biggrin.gif
Lol they may not taste bad, but they are not harming the feelings of a breathing living animal
m171.gif

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Searching Ji..
<<<between egg="" is="" not="" a="" waste="" product.="" it="" meant="" to="" be="" fertilized="" by="" rooster="" and="" produce="" chicks="" which="" we="" humans="" prevent="" from="" happening="" in="" poultry="" farms="" so="" that="" can="" eat="" them.=""
</between>Between egg is not a waste product. It is meant to be fertilized by rooster and produce chicks which we humans prevent from happening in poultry farms so that we can eat them.
<between egg="" is="" not="" a="" waste="" product.="" it="" meant="" to="" be="" fertilized="" by="" rooster="" and="" produce="" chicks="" which="" we="" humans="" prevent="" from="" happening="" in="" poultry="" farms="" so="" that="" can="" eat="" them.=""
>>>.
imho THIS is Natural and as per HUKM...billions of unfertilised eggs are wasted by HUMANS each time a woman gets her monthly there is a wasted egg.....each time a fish lays eggs in the open oceans...each time salmons etc swim up the mountain streams, etc etc...billions of eggs go by without being fertilised and resulting in living embryos...Humans are not involved...</between>

Gyani ji
There is no disputing what you have said. But there is difference in going to waste and waste product.
Urine and excreta are waste products produced by animals. Not egg.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gyani ji
There is no disputing what you have said. But there is difference in going to waste and waste product.
Urine and excreta are waste products produced by animals. Not egg.

In the WILD..these unfertilised eggs are also eaten by animals like snakes, certain predatory birds, wolves, etc etc.. and those NOT so eaten are wasted as they will turn bad and into manure soon after..and excreta and urine too become manure/fertiliser or these support a myriad of LIFE that needs these waste matter to survive...example dung beetle has elephant dung in its life cycle..so really its ALL IN HIS HUKM...Laws of NATURE go on and ON regardless of what we humans believe in as sacred/dirty/waste/not waste etc etc...its a CYCLE OF LIFE and it goes ON...its HUMAN prejudices and practises that turn food into such a hassle....Dont eat that..EAT this..dont do that..DO THIS etc etc...

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Dear Randip ji.
I am well versed in basic biology. Trust me.

I will try and explain once again what I meant.
A chick is nourished and develops inside an egg just like an embryo is in womb/uterus. It is that relation of an egg with embryo, even if it does not contain one that may repulse vegetarians from eating it.

I am a non vegetarian by diet and only trying to guess what some vegetarians may feel about consuming egg.

Between egg is not a waste product. It is meant to be fertilized by rooster and produce chicks which we humans prevent from happening in poultry farms so that we can eat them.

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is that it is based on ignorance rather than religion.

..and we have already established that the chicken biologically lays its egg as part of it's cycle, regardless of whether a rooster is present or not. Scroll through the thread and you'll find the links:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/pets/chicken.htm

Hens lay eggs, roosters do not. When a hen lays an egg it will only hatch into a chick if a rooster has fertilized the egg by mating with the hen. The hen and the rooster must mate before the egg is laid in order for the egg to be fertilized. If a rooster does not mate with the hen the egg will not be fertilized. Hens will lay eggs even if a rooster is not present. Most eggs you buy in the store are not fertilized because there was no rooster present

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7223811_do-rooster-hen-lay-eggs_.html

A hen does not need a rooster to lay an egg. Hens ovulate regularly, regardless of whether there is contact with a male or not. Most grocery store eggs come from hens that have never seen a rooster.

http://www.chicken-raising.com/

Egg production is primarily controlled by the amount of daylight the animal gets. For full production, your chickens will need 14 hours of daylight per day...............If you just want eggs, you don't need males at all. Hens and ducks will lay eggs without a rooster or drake present

http://www.fredsfinefowl.com/chickeneggfacts.html

[SIZE=+0]A hen will lay eggs, even in the absence of a rooster. Eggs from the grocery store, will not hatch if you put them in an incubator, as they are generally not fertile. [/SIZE]

This is the kind of ignorance I'm talking about. Educated people like you and me should know stuff like this. icecreamkudi

Last edited:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
When my Parakeet would lay eggs it is so stressed, I don't see how it is the sound of pain.

Repeating the same thing over and over again won't make it true. I think we've already established from people who keep chickens and links on this thread that the chicken is not in pain but more excited.

I am vegan though :) You are the one drinking milk not me~~~

well good for you...I'm talking about the 400 million of your countrymen in India who are lacto-hypocrits. :D

I don't think that is hypocritical since in Vaishnavism and other Hindu sects it is told that milk is sacred and you can drink it. Kinda like how in the gurdwara they have tablas with animal hide on it but still seems "ok" to us amritdhari Sikhs because it gives sound.

Both are hypocrital. I've argued before leather in Gurudwara's is PURE hypocrasy....but this is a problem with the Indian mindset.

Lol they may not taste bad, but they are not harming the feelings of a breathing living animal

Neither is eating eggs. It harms no one.
m171.gif

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
We can see by reading these 'unaccepting' attitudes, why we have this unnacepting problem among us.
For those of you that did NOT know that the egg is not fertilised and it was released as per cycle, regardless if there would be baby chicks or not.- Well, you must all have a better idea about where the egg comes from and how the milk is derived.- YET still there is this unaccepting attitude among some.

Fact is - NO embryo, No future life is killed, egg is released naturally as part of biological mechanism, there is NO Pain and there is NO attachment of the egg to the mother, once it is released.

So, I can't understand why the 'unacceptables' are still having a problem accepting the difference between consuming milk or eggs!!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
We can see by reading these 'unaccepting' attitudes, why we have this unnacepting problem among us.
For those of you that did NOT know that the egg is not fertilised and it was released as per cycle, regardless if there would be baby chicks or not.- Well, you must all have a better idea about where the egg comes from and how the milk is derived.- YET still there is this unaccepting attitude among some.

Fact is - NO embryo, No future life is killed, egg is released naturally as part of biological mechanism, there is NO Pain and there is NO attachment of the egg to the mother, once it is released.

So, I can't understand why the 'unacceptables' are still having a problem accepting the difference between consuming milk or eggs!!

Its called the "MAI NA MAANU" attitude...Simply put.." I DONT ACCEPT" PERIOD.

I juts wish that compared to the energy we put into "I DONT ACCEPT EGGS" into.."I DONT CONDONE KILLING FEMALE EMBRYOS"..endeavour..PUNJAB will soon see a drop in female foeticide...Bride Burning...Noohn murders, nooh tortures..harrassments wife beatings etc etc...THOSE are REAL Burning Issues and NOT piece of calcium encased egg emerging out of a hen's back. LOOKS like most Punjabis are more concerned with the alleged pain a Hen feels in its NATURAL FUNCTION than with the GROSS PAINS described above that most women go through...we have the priorities WRONG..winkingmunda

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM