• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Do You Visualize When You Think Of Ik▫oaʼnkār ੴ

What do you visualize when you think of Ikoaʼnkār ੴ

• Total voters

bscheema

SPNer
Jan 4, 2010
what eye see closed or open ...its perishable . tangible ....i think iko,ankar is imperishable ,intangible ,,,....'',

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
what eye see closed or open ...its perishable . tangible ....i think iko,ankar is imperishable ,intangible ,,,....'',
Got to be little careful veer ji.

What you think/know of Ik Onkaar is minisicule, what you do not think/know is infinite.

It hardly matter what you think or know in the overall scheme of things. Gurbani is learning everyday and knowing a little bit more everyday. This is called living Gurbani in my mind. In my thinking if one does so, then one is on the right track.

So incremental learning and better incremental living based on this should be the never ending goal.

Just some thoughts.

What you think!

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

bscheema

SPNer
Jan 4, 2010
iko,ankar----->undying, immortal, eternal, indestructible, deathless, everlasting, incorruptible
impalpable, untouchable
well i don't think , i believe in it ...
its not about achieving or seeing something

sat shri akal ji

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
iko,ankar----->undying, immortal, eternal, indestructible, deathless, everlasting, incorruptible
impalpable, untouchable
well i don't think , i believe in it ...
its not about achieving or seeing something

sat shri akal ji
bscheema ji thanks for your post.

Which part of In Oankaar you believe (believe may or may not be good!) in the following,

AghoriSadhu.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcSlwyN7xY75DnqBdTBJZ.jpg

Goats1_182904.jpg

R2.jpg

capt-9.jpg

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Harry Veer Ji For some reason since I read your post I'm visualizing you in the bath mediating with God.But when you truly start to meditate ,you won't be able to change it into Dell ,because you yourself will ceast to exist,your wife could walk out on you or your bath fall through the earth and it should not disturb you,that is true meditation,what you are doing is your impression of meditation,it will achieve very little as you already know ,but one second of true meditation and nothing remains the same.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Harry Veer Ji For some reason since I read your post I'm visualizing you in the bath mediating with God.But when you truly start to meditate ,you won't be able to change it into Dell ,because you yourself will ceast to exist,your wife could walk out on you or your bath fall through the earth and it should not disturb you,that is true meditation,what you are doing is your impression of meditation,it will achieve very little as you already know ,but one second of true meditation and nothing remains the same.
sp veer ji are you talking a moment of enlightenment or a moment of unconsciousness? Perhaps both are pretty close to each other. :interestedmunda:

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Personally speaking I would rather mediate with God, rather than meditate on God.

I find a discussion with the five thieves and Creators essence quite interesting and meaningful.....

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ambarsaria ji, I might be going a little off topic here, but WHAT ARE THOSE GOATS doing on that tree :D (3rd pic)
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/interfaith-dialogues/37036-do-members-creation-really-need-humans.html

All with eyes basically check patterns against friend, foe or food. I assume for us creator is friend. Goats are just looking for foliage in area with little on the ground. At least that is what I think mundahug but somehow done the reward - risk analysis.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hehe thts nice, I know some goats (mountain dwelling) are adept at climbing rocks, but this one is so kool. Maybe God is like a shape shifter? Some food for thought:

<TABLE cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਅਸਟਪਦੀ

Ashtapadee:

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਜਬ ਅਕਾਰੁ ਇਹੁ ਕਛੁ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟੇਤਾ

When this world had not yet appeared in any form,

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਪਾਪ ਪੁੰਨ ਤਬ ਕਹ ਤੇ ਹੋਤਾ

who then committed sins and performed good deeds?

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਜਬ ਧਾਰੀ ਆਪਨ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਮਾਧਿ

When the Lord Himself was in Profound Samaadhi,

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਤਬ ਬੈਰ ਬਿਰੋਧ ਕਿਸੁ ਸੰਗਿ ਕਮਾਤਿ

then against whom were hate and jealousy directed?

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਜਬ ਇਸ ਕਾ ਬਰਨੁ ਚਿਹਨੁ ਜਾਪਤ

When there was no color or shape to be seen,

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਤਬ ਹਰਖ ਸੋਗ ਕਹੁ ਕਿਸਹਿ ਬਿਆਪਤ

then who experienced joy and sorrow?

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਜਬ ਆਪਨ ਆਪ ਆਪਿ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ

When the Supreme Lord Himself was Himself All-in-all,

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਤਬ ਮੋਹ ਕਹਾ ਕਿਸੁ ਹੋਵਤ ਭਰਮ

then where was emotional attachment, and who had doubts?

<TABLE cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TD>ਆਪਨ ਖੇਲੁ ਆਪਿ ਵਰਤੀਜਾ

He Himself has staged His own drama;

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਨਾਨਕ ਕਰਨੈਹਾਰੁ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੧॥

O Guru Nanak, there is no other Creator. ||1||

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
PS: In a similar way I wonder if we could 'see' at the time the Universe had no shape, would that affect how we do visualize God?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer ji I think you may call it enlightenment or superconsciousness ,but never call it unconsciousness as that is our current mind state.
sp veer ji you never miss much. You missed an opportunity to close the loop. The way I was paraphrasing I was thinking of "there is marginal distance between insanity and genius".

Ok I will redefine the uncoscious to super-conscious lol. Would I be considered to be in samadhi, trance, sleep or plain old worn out or tired.

I like Harry veer jis way of discovery in a bath tub mundahug

When I Was in Shepherds Bush, UK with half a penny I could get enough hot water to take a quick bath. How much are the Gas Meters now!

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Hehe thts nice, I know some goats (mountain dwelling) are adept at climbing rocks, but this one is so kool. Maybe God is like a shape shifter? Some food for thought:

PS: In a similar way I wonder if we could 'see' at the time the Universe had no shape, would that affect how we do visualize God?
Kanwaljit Singh veer ji when you are going to do your own translation. I think you are very capable. Please contribute to one of the sabads or other Gurbani. It is very refreshing.

I have a hunch regarding visualizations. It may be related to the capillary and venous system in the eye ball and the eyelid. There are masses of minute vessels which may feel like a microcosm.

Sat Sri Akal.

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
UK with half a penny I could get enough hot water to take a quick bath
Veer Ji Was the water really wet was it really hot and was it really quick? for what I meant was we are not as conscious as we think we are,it is mostly perception only.
Even Sheikh Farid was tired and worn out before he managed that state,love is essential to the samaadhi or saadna. Time for my sleep ,within a dream.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Veer ji I think you may call it enlightenment or superconsciousness ,but never call it unconsciousness as that is our current mind state.

SPji,

I disagree (of course I do), unconsciousness is not what I would call our current state, as we are conscious enough to do plenty of damage instead of good. By focusing away from essence of Creator we are alive and we are dangerous.

Given the circular nature of things I would say unconsciousness is closer to superconsciousness, and in the middle you have thief infested consciousness .

I know exactly how much a bath costs these days Ambarsariaji, well I do and I don't, if I am bathing, about 65p, but I have been known to run up a lot more if I am agitated.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM