• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Janeus We Wear

May 24, 2008
Seeker 3K ji ,
Before Hinduism , from 6th Century BC to 8th Century Ad for 1400 years most ( 80 % )of India was Buddhist . These so called Hindu Brahmins were barely surviving by tricks & deciet . So can we say for now that Hindus are Buddhists , because in whole of India Hinduism had ceased to exist ( practically ) then .

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
seeker3k ji

Please humor some of us by answering the questions I have asked. Thank you. Dalbirk ji in fact is asking a very relevant question.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
seeker3k ji Then we have to leave it at this. Many of us are having trouble grasping the connections you are trying to make. There is nothing else to be done. Thanks.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
That proves it that you and others don’t answer if one asks the question, Dilbirk seem to be making the point by saying there were 80% of the population in India at one time. Now there are 14%. What happened to Buddhist? Did the Brahmin kill the 60% Buddhist? How the Hindus population became the largest in India?
What is the point he was making by writing this? Where the 80% Buddhist came from? Did the Buddhist kill all the Hindus to become 80%?
It is up to Dilnirk to explain what he wrote. Stop playing games. This forum you and Dilbirk have the responsibility to answer the question.
seeker

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Warning: Seeker3k ji you have been given several opportunities to clarify your arguments. You chose not to take advantage of them. At this point the conversation needs to return to topic. Further bickering will require deletions. Naryanjot Kaur

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sikhs ALWAYS do the RIGHT THING..its because Guru nanak ji commands..Truth is High..BUT higher still is TRUTHFUL LIVING..we at SPN obey this Command and subscribe to TRUTHFUL LIVING. So YES..the RIGHT thing will be done..not to worry.:happysingh::D:happykaur::happy::welcome:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Seeker3k ji,

Guru Fateh.

Your write:

It is up to Dilnirk to explain what he wrote. Stop playing games. This forum you and Dilbirk have the responsibility to answer the question

I agree with you but also keep in mind that the very same rules that you demand others to follow also apply to you. Let us practice first what we preach.

I am still eagerly waiting for the answers to my questions from you. Isn't it your responsibility to do the same?

Hoping to hear from you so I can learn a lot from you.

Thanks & Regards

Tejwant Singh

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Before Hinduism , from 6th Century BC to 8th Century Ad for 1400 years most ( 80 % )of India was Buddhist . These so called Hindu Brahmins were barely surviving by tricks & deciet . So can we say for now that Hindus are Buddhists , because in whole of India Hinduism had ceased to exist ( practically ) then .

This is the post by Dulbirk, where is the question to me in this writing? They keep asking me to reply to the question, What question?
This was my question to Dilbirk. Which he refued to answer. Tell me the question he asked me?
Budhism started to flurish after the Ashoka became budist 261BC.
Why did India turn back to hinduism?
Why did the hindus turned to Buddhism? Then turned back to hinduism?
I am asking it again please teel me.

May 24, 2008
Seeker 3k Ji ,
Yesterday I was about to post when my laptop battery gave away . I had forgot my charger in the office which was closed due to Bandh . Buddhism declined due to following factors :
1. As Buddhism had been the RAJ DHARMA for nearly 1200 years many rituals kept creeping in it , which took the religion away from spirituality into more ritualistic mode .
2. The monks had all become used to easy lifestyle flushed with a lot of money & power .
3. The third & the biggest cause was the relentless campaign of Adi Shankracharya who adopted & studied the best of Buddhist practices , gave the concept of Advaitic Vedanta , attcked , criticised the nihilism of Buddhism as Atheism . He won many rounds of debates with Buddhist monks , scholars , took all SURYAVANSHI kings in his side . But exact reason was the AHIMSA PARMO DHARMA policy of Buddhist monks which saw their decline when attacked & hounded by Suryavanshi kings . Nearly 1.5 million Buddhists were killed , monastries destroyed , libraries burnt in 8th & 9th century starting from South . Fearing for life Buddhists fled to Far Eastern countries & China . The same story played in North India & Afghanistan when Muslim invaders killed many more million Buddhists , converted & destroyed properties in 10th , 11th , 12th centuries . Thus Buddhism was shunted out of India .
There is not exactly one reason why Buddhism declined in India , but it would be a mistake to point it to inferiority of Buddhist philosophy . The Advaitic philosophy given by Adi Shankracharya was almost immediately after his death disowned by Brahmins who went into their old ways of Varna System & Devi Devtas popularly known as Brahminism . Even today the Advaitism of Adi Shankracharya is used only for paper debates nowhere is practised in India .

Last edited:
May 24, 2008
Seeker 3k ji , I'm on SPN for last two years , I may assure you that this is the most liberal & open of all the philosophical & religious sites you will find on the whole internet wherein you'll not be banned even asking most outrageous question / posts . I wish to bring to your kind attention to one small booklet HUM HINDU NAHIN by Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha ji wriiten in 1898 a full 110 years ago . You are probabely too impressed by RSS's stand that Sikhs are Hindus . Not a single of these tens of millions of RSS lovers have been able to answer to even a single word/ line / arguement put up by Kahan Singh Nabha ji in full 110 years , but keep on parroting Sikhs are Hindus for the last 50-60 years emboldened by article 25(B) . Here is small article based on this booklet .

Sikh Articles - Sikhism vs. Hinduism

Summary differences between Sikhism, Hinduism and Islam
The booklet HUM HINDU NAHIN is available in English , Hindi & Punjabi costs only Rs40/ published by Singh Brothers , Amritsar .
Singhbrothers - Publisher, BookSeller, Exporter, Quality Printer
or you can PM me your address & I'll send u one if you require .

May 24, 2008
Seeker 3k Ji ,
Today one question just popped out of my mind why was India enslaved by Muslims for 700 years & then British for 200 years starting from 1000 AD onwards ?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Not Just Enslaved...as in slaved nations..
Slaved India..had laws like..when a MUSLIM needs to SPIT..a Slaved Indian should OPEN HIS MOUTH so that holy islamic spit shouldnt fall to the ground !! Enslaved Hindus couldnot keep a knife at home...special implements were invented to perform household tasks like cutting vegetables etc...all meat was to be slaughtered by the Kazis servants...no Hindu could keep or ride a Horse..no weapons..any HINDU GIRL could be takena away by any Muslim..hence the SINDOOR CUSTOM as a means to signify that this woman is already VIOLATED..not VIRGIN..so PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE her alone...(didnt work all the time)..CHILD Marriages to achieve the same thing as sindoor...
GURU NANAK JI so aptly describes the LOWEST STATE of his time in Asa di Vaar..abhakhiayah ka kuttha bakra khanna..Hindu religious ceremony was served HALALL GOAT MEAT !!! to put Janeau..they ate Hallal Bakra...spoke the MALECHHA Langauge..UNCLEAN Langauge !!! they were the downtrodden of the downtroddena dn YET they treated their own SHUDRAS even WORSE....this was INDIA for more than 1000 YEARS....until the SIKH GURUS came along...and BROKE the CHAINS of this Slavery...and CLOSED SHUT the darra KHYBER for ever !!! as they say..karrahhi bolleh..karrchhee wee boleh ???:crazy:

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Dalbirk Ji,

When two men have debate as did the Adi Shankracharya and Nanak with Sidhs. Who won the debate is also debatable. There is no record were kept who said what and who won? The followers of both sides can claim that their man won the debate. It is true now days too where no recording is kept. You gave the explanation of the down fall of the Buddhist but what was the reason that they became 80%? You claim that rituals crept into Buddhism. I agree with you. Are we not bringing the useless rituals into Sikhism? What will happen to Sikhism?
Your post is to condemn the Hindus. Why so much hated for the Hindus? We use to listen to kathawach in Gurdwaras preaching hatred against Muslims in the 50’s and 60’s. Now we hear hate propaganda against Hindus

You can claim that this is the most liberal forum but when I am called joker accused me for writing what I did not write. And did not post when I wrote kirpan a 6” piece of steel. Do you really think it is liberal?

All over the west countries Sikhs are not liked. Why is that? We are not liked in India too. We have to examine our self not hate the one who hate us. We have to learn from the one who criticize us. They are the mirror to us.

Do we see Jews demonstrating in the streets? Yet they get what they want.

Hinduism was not a religion to begin with it was science.(same Sikh was not lirigion) But it became violent and used force to become what they became. You can see their devtas full of weapons and skulls around their necks. That is not the sign of non violence. We have taken that part of Hinduism. That time may have been right to use violence but not now days. We can see the result of our behavior. No one can get any thing by demanding but by negotiation.

If I hate my parent and grand parent chances are that my kids will hate me too. Muslim’s been fighting with Jews yet they honor Abraham. Abraham is called the father of nation. Christians do not like Jews and they killed thousands of Jews at the time of Spanish inquisition yet they honor all the Jews prophets. Hate will bread hate.
seeker

May 24, 2008
Seeker 3k ji ,
I appreciate your concern but if Sikhism had been a voilent religion then Sikhs would not have suffered like they did in 1984 . Their greatest folly was that they did not heed to Guru Gobind Singh Ji's baana & did not keep weapons in their homes . Wherever Sikhs faced the hooligans with arms they survived , wherever they did not face the hooligans due to lack of weapons or under the impression of POLICE ASSURANCES , they were killed . I'm reminded of one article in which it was mentioned that almost 80 million Hindus were killed ,10 miilion women , girls & boys taken to Bazzars of Kabul , Ghazni ,Kandhahar , Baghdaad for sale for as low as Two Dinaars ( 25 paise that time ) those who did not sell by evening were sometimes murdered to avoid feeding them as there was oversupply in 750 years of Muslim rule . Why were they killed by almost less than 1% of Muslims . I also learnt that Muhammed Bin Qasim came with 500 men , most of them Gujjars ( shepherds ) by profession who came in search of FODDER for cattle 712 AD , killed
150,000 men women , took away thousands of young girls , women & even queens of king Dahir Walia ( Sindh ) , loads of treasure including gold , diamonds & priceless jewels as WAR BOOTY . You maybe right in your assesment that Sikhs need to give up sword but not everybody agrees with your observation moreover it is a compulsory Baana prescribed by Guru Ji we cannot do away with it . It is alongwith our HAIR a major factor of our UNIQUENESS , we cannot survive without it .
I like to quote following observation of Keay , John in his book ' INDIA : A History ' " Buddhism originated India in 5th century BC & greatly influenced Indian culture . It declined ironically because of its widespread acceptence by Hindus . "
The hate which you feel among Indians or even Westerns ( if any ) for Sikhs is partly due to propaganda by Indian Govt . IMHO ( though all members may not agree to it ) that the events preceeding 1984 or even after when Sikhs were dubbed as terrorists were stage managed by Congress Govt to malign the Sikhs , it served two purposes this broke the Akali stranghold over Akal Takhat thus Indira took her revenge from Akalis when during emergency almost 19,000 of those 25,000 arrested for protesting against Emergency & demanding its share of river waters & power were Sikhs . Secondly it assured Congress of vote of 80% of Hindu majority projecting it as the saviour of UNITY & INTEGRITY of India from Sikhs who demanded Khalistan , a slogan given by Jagjit Singh Chauhan after he met Indira Gandhi in 1980 . Ironically those very Khalistan leaders like Jagjit Singh Chauhan & Wassan Singh Zaffarwal were given honourable asylum in Punajb under Congress Govt of Capt Amarinder Singh in 2003-2004 . Even today all the so called PANTHIC organisations like Dal Khalsa , Damdami Taksal ( maybe ) , Khalsa Action Commettie & countless others are on payrolls of Congress .

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Dalbirk Ji,

The hate which you feel among Indians or even Westerns ( if any ) for Sikhs

There you go also. You and others here can not understand between criticize and hate
I do not hate any one.
There is whole new world out there and we Sikhs are still stuck in 300 years ago. Other nations are going to mars and beyond but we?

This my last post here. My work here is done. I do not expect the Administer to change but there are many other readers. Many of them are logical thinker.

seeker

May 24, 2008
Dalbirk Ji,

The hate which you feel among Indians or even Westerns ( if any ) for Sikhs

There you go also. You and others here can not understand between criticize and hate
I do not hate any one.

Seeker 3kji ,
I was also ONLY criticising Hinduism in its present form ( Brahminism ) not hating it . Morover Sikhism was formed as a new religion , if our Gurus deemed Hinduism to be REFORMABLE they would not have formed a new religion .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM