• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi Simran As Per Gurmat

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Now, you know! :)

Great...

so what i will do is...

- i'll stop mingling with my creator... through my current practice of Simran
- turn my back on Him...
- request that He stop pulling me deep within myself and showing me levels of His Creation that i just cannot comprehend and put into language...

and once Waheguru stops bugging me.. i will

- join the SPN clan - and follow their version of Gurbani Vichaar...

Oh cr*p ... i just pulled the short straw....

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Original Ji...

Do you have any children?
we had our first child...just turned 5 months old...i used to worry a little on how having a child would affect my Naam Simran, especially during Amrit Vela...

After a crazy couple of months, Thankfully now it's actually helped!...the little dude sleeps 10 hours through the night, and needs his nappy changing at 3-4 am...perfect!....change him, settle him...1-2 hours of Parroting :) ...and then lie next to him as my mind continues vibrating 'Waheguru' and the Jedi 'force' flowing 'vigorously' within! ...God Willing i can get right back on this spiritual path and inspire the little fella as he grows up!

God Bless..
Chaz Ji,
Sorry for the late response - I was in your neck of the woods yesterday - great day !

Yeah, I have children and grandchildren - thank god. Congratulations to you n wife, on the arrival of your son ! May God be with you always.

Moving on with topic to hand:

As spiritualists we ought to know how miraculously Waheguru ji has united us ALL, under this "1" banner titled SPN. And how Waheguru ji chose Aman Singh & Co for the Seva. You n I should be greatful to Aman Singh n the Gang, albeit, a progressive enterprise, for connecting us with shabd guru. The beauty Is not "how" they've done it, but that they've "done" it. Right wrong, good bad don't exist at Waheguru ji level. Enjoy your excursions !

Spirituality isn't everyone's cup of tea and doesn't befall the ordinary, but rather the extraordinary. Evolution chooses [necessity n not contingent] to advance the extraordinary unto spiritual heights when they've reached that stage of their journey. How the ordinary becomes the extraordinary is through trial n tribulations of life's rollercoaster journey .

Nanak's Akal Purakh [AP] is formless, timeless and attributive-less. If that'd be correct then surely it's beyond time n space. How do one travel beyond time n space is perhaps a vehicle currently under construction at SPN manufacturing plant ? Let us wait.

Goodnight

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Chaz Ji,
Sorry for the late response - I was in your neck of the woods yesterday - great day !

Yeah, I have children and grandchildren - thank god. Congratulations to you n wife, on the arrival of your son ! May God be with you always.

Moving on with topic to hand:
no
As spiritualists we ought to know how miraculously Waheguru ji has united us ALL, under this "1" banner titled SPN. And how Waheguru ji chose Aman Singh & Co for the Seva. You n I should be greatful to Aman Singh n the Gang, albeit, a progressive enterprise, for connecting us with shabd guru. The beauty Is not "how" they've done it, but that they've "done" it. Right wrong, good bad don't exist at Waheguru ji level. Enjoy your excursions !

Spirituality isn't everyone's cup of tea and doesn't befall the ordinary, but rather the extraordinary. Evolution chooses [necessity n not contingent] to advance the extraordinary unto spiritual heights when they've reached that stage of their journey. How the ordinary becomes the extraordinary is through trial n tribulations of life's rollercoaster journey .

Nanak's Akal Purakh [AP] is formless, timeless and attributive-less. If that'd be correct then surely it's beyond time n space. How do one travel beyond time n space is perhaps a vehicle currently under construction at SPN manufacturing plant ? Let us wait.

Goodnight

Spirituality isn't everyone's cup of tea and doesn't befall the ordinary, but rather the extraordinary.

Apartheid galore in the name of Sikhi.

Congratulations!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
As spiritualists

Spiritualism, in religion, a movement based on the belief that departed souls can interact with the living. Spiritualists sought to make contact with the dead, usually through the assistance of a medium, a person believed to have the ability to contact spirits directly. Spiritualism | religion

nice to see your posting clearly and concisely as usual, nothing confusing about your posts!

Clearly you have your own Original meaning of the word, could you give us your definition of it, as the accepted definition, I believe is not what you mean't.

Also why did you not say 'as Sikhs'? is this further proof that you are starting your own cult, only for people like you?

Last edited:

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Good morning H......hope you good !
Clearly you have your own Original meaning of the word, could you give us your definition of it, as the accepted definition, I believe is not what you mean't.

I'd copy paste if you will the following to illustrate the spiritual Sikh - thank you !

On that account, Guru Hargobind introduced the two swords of Miri and Piri symbolizing both worldly (political) and spiritual authority. The two kirpan of Miri and Piri are tied together with a khanda in center, where Piri is considered supreme then Miri because it symbolizes Spirituality..
Miri piri - Wikipedia
Miri piri - Wikipedia

Kully

SPNer
Jan 3, 2016
What a non-sensical babble you keep on with when asked direct questions! What a shame!

Chaz is not the only one then. I asked you a direct question on your use of "Gurfathe." What a shame.

Kully ji,

Guru Fateh.

Please post the Shabads with your understanding of Naam Simran so we can take it further. Without this the above is futile.

My understanding of naam Simran is that it means "remembering the name." This remembrance can take place in your mind, or on the tongue, or also in your ears. But is naam simran necessary? I think this from Japji Sahib tells us how how vital this is:

ਅਖਰੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਖਰੀ ਸਾਲਾਹ
From the Word, comes the Naam; from the Word, comes Your Praise.
ਅਖਰੀ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਗੀਤ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਹ
From the Word, comes spiritual wisdom, singing the Songs of Your Glory.

This shabad also tells how important Naam is :

ਰਾਗੁ ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪
Raag Goojaree, Fourth Mehla:
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਤਪੁਰਖਾ ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰਉ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ
O humble servant of the Lord, O True Guru, O True Primal Being: I offer my humble prayer to You, O Guru.
ਹਮ ਕੀਰੇ ਕਿਰਮ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
I am a mere insect, a worm. O True Guru, I seek Your Sanctuary. Please be merciful, and bless me with the Light of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||
ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ
O my Best Friend, O Divine Guru, please enlighten me with the Name of the Lord.
ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਸਖਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਮਰੀ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
Through the Guru's Teachings, the Naam is my breath of life. The Kirtan of the Lord's Praise is my life's occupation. ||1||Pause||

ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੇ ਵਡ ਭਾਗ ਵਡੇਰੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਧਾ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਆਸ
The servants of the Lord have the greatest good fortune; they have faith in the Lord, and a longing for the Lord.
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਹਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੁਣ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੨॥
Obtaining the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, they are satisfied; joining the Sangat, the Blessed Congregation, their virtues shine forth. ||2||
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਜਮ ਪਾਸਿ
Those who have not obtained the Sublime Essence of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, are most unfortunate; they are led away by the Messenger of Death.
ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਆਏ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵੇ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵਾਸਿ ॥੩॥
Those who have not sought the Sanctuary of the True Guru and the Sangat, the Holy Congregation-cursed are their lives, and cursed are their hopes of life. ||3||
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਾਈ ਤਿਨ ਧੁਰਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਲਿਖਾਸਿ
Those humble servants of the Lord who have attained the Company of the True Guru, have such pre-ordained destiny inscribed on their foreheads.
ਧਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੪॥
Blessed, blessed is the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, where the Lord's Essence is obtained. Meeting with His humble servant, O Nanak, the Light of the Naam shines forth. ||4||4||

Guru Sahib says Naam is his breath of life. When should one do Naam Simran? When one is breathing. Look at what Guru Sahib says here:

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫
Maajh, Fifth Mehla:
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵਉ
By God's Grace, I meditate on the Lord, Har, Har.

ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਇਆ ਤੇ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਵਉ
By God's Kindness, I sing the songs of joy.
ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਜਾਗਤ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਸਗਲ ਅਵਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
While standing and sitting, while sleeping and while awake, meditate on the Lord, all your life. ||1||

ਨਾਮੁ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਸਾਧੂ ਦੀਆ
The Holy Saint has given me the Medicine of the Naam.
ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਕਾਟੇ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਥੀਆ
My sins have been cut out, and I have become pure.
ਅਨਦੁ ਭਇਆ ਨਿਕਸੀ ਸਭ ਪੀਰਾ ਸਗਲ ਬਿਨਾਸੇ ਦਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
I am filled with bliss, and all my pains have been taken away. All my suffering has been dispelled. ||2||
ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਅੰਗੁ ਕਰੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸੋ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਸਾਗਰ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ
One who has my Beloved on his side, is liberated from the world-ocean.
ਸਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਛਾਤਾ ਸੋ ਕਾਹੇ ਕਉ ਡਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
One who recognizes the Guru practices Truth; why should he be afraid? ||3||
ਜਬ ਤੇ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਾਏ ਗੁਰ ਭੇਟਤ ਹਉ ਗਈ ਬਲਾਏ
Since I found the Company of the Holy and met the Guru, the demon of pride has departed.
ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਵੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਢਾਕਿ ਲੀਆ ਮੇਰਾ ਪੜਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੧੭॥੨੪॥
With each and every breath, Nanak sings the Lord's Praises. The True Guru has covered my sins. ||4||17||24||

and

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla:
ਰਤਨੁ ਛਾਡਿ ਕਉਡੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਲਾਗੇ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ
Forsaking the jewel, he is attached to the shell; nothing will come of it.
ਪੂਰਨ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਈਐ ॥੧॥
O my mind, meditate forever on the Perfect, Supreme Lord God, the Transcendent Lord. ||1||
ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਾਨੀ
Meditate in remembrance on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O mortal.

ਬਿਨਸੈ ਕਾਚੀ ਦੇਹ ਅਗਿਆਨੀ ਰਹਾਉ
Your frail body shall perish, you ignorant fool. ||Pause||
ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਅਰੁ ਸੁਪਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਵਡਾਈ
Illusions and dream-objects possess nothing of greatness.
ਰਾਮ ਭਜਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵਸਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਜਾਈ ॥੨॥
Without meditating on the Lord, nothing succeeds, and nothing will go along with you. ||2||
ਹਉ ਹਉ ਕਰਤ ਬਿਹਾਇ ਅਵਰਦਾ ਜੀਅ ਕੋ ਕਾਮੁ ਨ ਕੀਨਾ
Acting in egotism and pride, his life passes away, and he does nothing for his soul.
ਧਾਵਤ ਧਾਵਤ ਨਹ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਿਆ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਹੀ ਚੀਨਾ ॥੩॥
Wandering and wandering all around, he is never satisfied; he does not remember the Name of the Lord. ||3||
ਸਾਦ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਬਿਖੈ ਰਸ ਮਾਤੋ ਅਸੰਖ ਖਤੇ ਕਰਿ ਫੇਰੇ
Intoxicated with the taste of corruption, cruel pleasures and countless sins, he is consigned to the cycle of reincarnation.
ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਹਿ ਬਿਨੰਤੀ ਕਾਟਹੁ ਅਵਗੁਣ ਮੇਰੇ ॥੪॥੧੧॥੨੨॥
Nanak offers his prayer to God, to eradicate his demerits. ||4||11||22||

This meditation is naam simran. There is no difference between naam simran and naam dhiauna.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਚਲੈ ਤੇਰੈ ਸਾਥੇ
Āṯẖ pahar har nām simrahu cẖalai ṯerai sāthe.
Twenty-four hours a day, dwell upon the Lord's Name in meditation; it alone shall go along with you.

ਭਜੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਟਹਿ ਦੋਖ ਕਮਾਤੇ ॥੧॥
Bẖaj sāḏẖsangaṯ saḏā Nānak mitėh ḏokẖ kamāṯe. ||1||
So vibrate continually in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and the sins you committed shall be erased. ||1||

This is naam simran. But the shabad is encouraging a person to do naam simran as much as possible. How many people will actually be able to do this for 24 hours?

The particular Shabad I posted shows clearly that Naam Simran is a 24/7 affair which means mental and physical actions for self discovery, not sitting crossed legs, eyes wide open or closed and mumbling some word like Lady Gaga for 30 mins.

Where does the shabad say you can't sit cross legged or with eyes closed? You could equally sit on the edge of a very tall building if it meant that you were able to meditate on naam. Or in crocodile infested waters.

But we adopt a position that makes it easier for us to achieve that goal. You go and sit on the freeway when you are making posts on SPN? Or do you need some space and clarity of thought to be able to achieve what you wish to write?

Chaz ji, I am sorry. I had no idea you were looking for an inconvenient response. Please tell me what kind and I will do my best.

Respected tejwant Singh, the convenience was yours. No-one elses.

Apartheid galore in the name of Sikhi.

Apartheid are rules created by man on differences. There is no difference in the souls of men. But Guru says do naam simran 24 hours a day. What about those who are disables and are unable to do this? Is this apartheid in your mind as well?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Good morning H......hope you good !

I'd copy paste if you will the following to illustrate the spiritual Sikh - thank you !

On that account, Guru Hargobind introduced the two swords of Miri and Piri symbolizing both worldly (political) and spiritual authority. The two kirpan of Miri and Piri are tied together with a khanda in center, where Piri is considered supreme then Miri because it symbolizes Spirituality..
Miri piri - Wikipedia
Miri piri - Wikipedia

very good thank you, unfortunately, I no longer care, sorry I have nothing to bring to the table anymore regarding Sikhism, so it will just be one liners from now on

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant Singh said:
Kully ji,

Guru Fateh.

Please post the Shabads with your understanding of Naam Simran so we can take it further. Without this the above is futile.

My understanding of naam Simran is that it means "remembering the name." This remembrance can take place in your mind, or on the tongue, or also in your ears. But is naam simran necessary? I think this from Japji Sahib tells us how how vital this is:

What does "remembering the name" mean? Please elaborate it with some tangible examples. Thanks.

This remembrance can take place in your mind, or on the tongue, or also in your ears.

Do you mean Naam Simran cannot take place with the help of hands or other parts of our body beside tongue and ears?
Or does it only involve mind, tongue, ears as per you?
Is Seva part of Naam Simran?
Do you mean deeds do not come under your definition of Naam Simran?
Aren't our deeds connected to our minds?
Are the Sikh sevadaars helping the refugees 24/7 in Bangladesh out of your understanding of Naam Simran as per your definition?
Yes, they are. You did mention that. For you, vand kei chaknah is not part of Naam Simran as you have already mentioned in another thread. Why so?
Does Seva involve mind and body or not?
Does Naam Simran require both or not?
Does Naam Simran mean only repeating any word continuously?

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
God bless (non Abrahamic version before Tejwant gets upset)

In Sikhi, we use Guru Rakha. It is our duty to introduce as many Sikhi terms as we can to the non-Sikhs. There are many examples today which were non-existent a few years ago.
1. Many non-Sikhs call Gurdwara now. Before they used to call it a Sikh Temple because we asked them to call that.
2. Langar rather than Free Food.
3. The same should be done with God Bless and many other terms. It is our duty to introduce those terms in every day's lexicon.

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
in my opinion...giving charity, helping others is clearly spoken of as different entities to Naam Simran by Gurbani...

i would spend some time locating and commenting on some Gurbani that states this...but i won;t bother as it probably will not get read and then labelled as babbling..

Naam Simran to me is a way to pull away from the physcial existence and 'see' from a different perspective...a higher perspective..

e.g. living in the physical is like mingling in a bustling City...meeting people..sharing ideas...creating things..charity, Seva etc etc...
but Naam Simran allows one to climb the peak of the highest mountain..and see the world from a different perspective...an express elevator...sometimes this process actually feels like a express elevator....'Wooooosh'...

i will post some Gurbani later where i think the above is differentiated :)

Last edited:

Kully

SPNer
Jan 3, 2016
What does "remembering the name" mean? Please elaborate it with some tangible examples. Thanks.

Ik oankar respected Tejwant Singh.

Tangible examples? I made it clear in my post and you have refered to it below? So what are you trying to achieve by pretending to not understand?

Do you mean Naam Simran cannot take place with the help of hands or other parts of our body beside tongue and ears?

Yes.

Tongues:

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੩
Siree Raag, Third Mehla:
ਗੁਣਵੰਤੀ ਸਚੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਤਜਿ ਵਿਕਾਰ
(ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ) ਗੁਣ ਧਾਰਨ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਨੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਆਦਿ ਵਿਕਾਰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਲੱਭ ਲਿਆ ਹ
The virtuous obtain Truth; they give up their desires for evil and corruption.
ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਮਨੁ ਰੰਗਿਆ ਰਸਨਾ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਪਿਆਰਿ
ਉਸ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਰੰਗਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਜੀਭ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ-ਪਿਆਰ ਵਿਚ ਰੰਗੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ ।
Their minds are imbued with the Word of the Guru's Shabad; the Love of their Beloved is on their tongues.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖਹੁ ਮਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ
(ਹੇ ਭਾਈ !) ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਵੇਖ ਲਵੋ, ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ (ਦੀ ਸਰਨ) ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਭਾ
Without the True Guru, no one has found Him; reflect upon this in your mind and see.
ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਜਿਚਰੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਨ ਕਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥੧॥
(ਕਿਉਂਕਿ) ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜਦ ਤਕ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਪਿਆਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਂਦਾ, ਉਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਦੀ (ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਦੀ) ਮੈਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਉਤਰਦੀ ।੧।
The filth of the self-willed manmukhs is not washed off; they have no love for the Guru's Shabad. ||1||
ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਚਲੁ
ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ! ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰ
O my mind, walk in harmony with the True Guru.
ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਵਸਹਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਵਹਿ ਤਾ ਸੁਖ ਲਹਹਿ ਮਹਲੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
(ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰ ਕੇ) ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਤਰ ਆਤਮੇ ਟਿਕਿਆ ਰਹੇਂਗਾ (ਭਾਵ, ਭਟਕਣਾ ਤੋਂ ਬਚ ਜਾਵੇਂਗਾ), ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਨਾਮ-ਜਲ ਪੀਵੇਂਗਾ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ ਸੁਖ ਦਾ ਟਿਕਾਣਾ ਲੱਭ ਲਵੇਂਗਾ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
Dwell within the home of your own inner being, and drink in the Ambrosial Nectar; you shall attain the Peace of the Mansion of His Presence. ||1||Pause||
ਅਉਗੁਣਵੰਤੀ ਗੁਣੁ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਬਹਣਿ ਨ ਮਿਲੈ ਹਦੂਰਿ
ਜਿਸ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਔਗੁਣ ਹੀ ਔਗੁਣ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਗੁਣ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਨਹੀਂ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਹਜ਼ੂਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਬੈਠਣਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ
The unvirtuous have no merit; they are not allowed to sit in His Presence.
ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਈ ਅਵਗਣਿ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਦੂਰਿ
ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੀ ਕਦਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਣਦੀ, ਔਗੁਣ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ ਉਹ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਤੇ ਦੂਰ ਹੀ ਜਾਪਦਾ ਹੈ ।
The self-willed manmukhs do not know the Shabad; those without virtue are far removed from God.
ਜਿਨੀ ਸਚੁ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਸਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਭਰਪੂਰਿ
ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਥਾਂ ਵੱਸਦਾ ਪਛਾਣ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਉਸ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ (ਦੇ ਪਿਆਰ-ਰੰਗ) ਵਿਚ ਰੰਗੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ
Those who recognize the True One are permeated and attuned to Truth.
ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਮਨੁ ਬੇਧਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਆਪਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ॥੨॥
ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਪ੍ਰੋਤਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮਿਲ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਅੰਗ-ਸੰਗ ਵੱਸਦਾ ਦਿੱਸਦਾ ਹੈ ।੨।
Their minds are pierced through by the Word of the Guru's Shabad, and God Himself ushers them into His Presence. ||2||
ਆਪੇ ਰੰਗਣਿ ਰੰਗਿਓਨੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਲਇਓਨੁ ਮਿਲਾਇ
(ਪਰ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੇ ਕੀ ਵੱਸ ?) ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ (ਰੱਖ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਰੰਗ ਨਾਲ) ਰੰਗਿਆ ਹੈ, ਗੁਰ-ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ (ਚਰਨਾਂ) ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲਾ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ
He Himself dyes us in the Color of His Love; through the Word of His Shabad, He unites us with Himself.
ਸਚਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਜੋ ਸਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ
ਜੇਹੜੇ ਬੰਦੇ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ (ਨਾਮ-ਰੰਗ ਨਾਲ) ਰੰਗੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਰੰਗ ਕਦੇ ਭੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਉਤਰਦਾ
This True Color shall not fade away, for those who are attuned to His Love.
ਚਾਰੇ ਕੁੰਡਾ ਭਵਿ ਥਕੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਬੂਝ ਨ ਪਾਇ
ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਬੰਦੇ (ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਖ਼ਾਤਰ) ਚੌਹੀਂ ਪਾਸੀਂ, ਭਟਕ ਭਟਕ ਕੇ ਥੱਕ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ (ਭਾਵ, ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਕਮਜ਼ੋਰ ਕਰ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ) ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ (ਸਹੀ ਜੀਵਨ-ਰਾਹ ਦੀ) ਸੂਝ ਨਹੀ ਪੈਂਦੀ
The self-willed manmukhs grow weary of wandering around in all four directions, but they do not understand.
ਜਿਸੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲੇ ਸੋ ਮਿਲੈ ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੩॥
ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਲੀਨ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ।੩।
One who is united with the True Guru, meets and merges in the True Word of the Shabad. ||3||
ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਘਣੇਰੇ ਕਰਿ ਥਕੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਕਾਟੈ ਕੋਇ
(ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦੇ) ਬਥੇਰੇ (ਸੰਬੰਧੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ) ਮਿੱਤਰ ਬਣਾ ਬਣਾ ਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਥੱਕ ਚੁੱਕੀ ਹਾਂ (ਮੈ ਸਮਝਦੀ ਰਹੀ ਕਿ ਕੋਈ ਸਾਕ-ਸੰਬੰਧੀ) ਮੇਰਾ ਦੁੱਖ ਕੱਟ ਸਕੇਗਾ
I have grown weary of making so many friends, hoping that someone might be able to end my suffering.
ਮਿਲਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਦੁਖੁ ਕਟਿਆ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਹੋਇ
ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਦੁੱਖ ਕੱਟਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਾਪ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹ
Meeting with my Beloved, my suffering has ended; I have attained Union with the Word of the Shabad.
ਸਚੁ ਖਟਣਾ ਸਚੁ ਰਾਸਿ ਹੈ ਸਚੇ ਸਚੀ ਸੋਇ
ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਖੱਟੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਨਾਮ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਸਰਮਾਇਆ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਸੋਭਾ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ
Earning Truth, and accumulating the Wealth of Truth, the truthful person gains a reputation of Truth.
ਸਚਿ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੇ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਹਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੪॥੨੬॥੫੯॥
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ ! ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਜੇਹੜੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ (ਮੁੜ ਉਸ ਤੋਂ) ਜੁਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦੇ ।੪।੨੬।੫੯।
Meeting with the True One, O Nanak, the Gurmukh shall not be separated from Him again. ||4||26||59||

Ears:

ਗਉੜੀ ਗੁਆਰੇਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫
Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehla:
ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਜਪਿਓ ਭਗਵੰਤੁ
(ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੇ) ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਦਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ,
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I meditate on the Lord God.
ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੀਓ ਗੁਰਿ ਮੰਤੁ
ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਹੀ ਮੰਤਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ
The Guru has given me the Mantra of the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
ਤਜਿ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਭਏ ਨਿਰਵੈਰ
(ਉਸ ਮੰਤਰ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ) ਉਹ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਨਿਰਵੈਰ ਹੋ ਗਏ ਹਨ
Shedding my ego, I have become free of hate.
ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਪੂਜਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਪੈਰ ॥੧॥
(ਹੇ ਭਾਈ !) ਅੱਠੇ ਪਹਿਰ (ਹਰ ਵੇਲੇ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਪੈਰ ਪੂਜੋ ।੧।
Twenty-four hours a day, I worship the Guru's Feet. ||1||
ਅਬ ਮਤਿ ਬਿਨਸੀ ਦੁਸਟ ਬਿਗਾਨੀ
ਮੇਰੀ ਭੈੜੀ ਤੇ ਬੇ-ਸਮਝੀ ਵਾਲੀ ਮਤਿ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਗਈ ਹੈ
Now, my evil sense of alienation is eliminated,
ਜਬ ਤੇ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਕਾਨੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
ਜਦੋਂ ਤੋਂ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਮੈਂ ਕੰਨੀਂ ਸੁਣੀ ਹੈ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
since I have heard the Praises of the Lord with my ears. ||1||Pause||

ਸਹਜ ਸੂਖ ਆਨੰਦ ਨਿਧਾਨ
(ਹੇ ਭਾਈ ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਹਰਿ-ਜਸ ਕੰਨੀਂ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਹੈ) ਆਤਮਕ ਅਡੋਲਤਾ, ਸੁਖ ਅਨੰਦ ਦੇ ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨੇ
The Savior Lord is the treasure of intuitive peace, poise and bliss.
ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰ ਰਖਿ ਲੇਇ ਨਿਦਾਨ
ਰੱਖਣਹਾਰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਆਖ਼ਰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ (ਸਦਾ) ਰੱਖਿਆ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ
He shall save me in the end.
ਦੂਖ ਦਰਦ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਭੈ ਭਰਮ
ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਦੁੱਖ, ਦਰਦ, ਡਰ, ਵਹਿਮ ਸਾਰੇ ਨਾਸ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ
My pains, sufferings, fears and doubts have been erased.
ਆਵਣ ਜਾਣ ਰਖੇ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਮ ॥੨॥
ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਦੇ ਗੇੜ (ਭੀ) ਮੁਕਾ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।੨
He has mercifully saved me from coming and going in reincarnation. ||2||
ਪੇਖੈ ਬੋਲੈ ਸੁਣੈ ਸਭੁ ਆਪਿ
ਹੇ (ਮੇਰੇ) ਮਨ ! ਜਿਹੜਾ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹਰ ਥਾਂ (ਸਭ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਆਪਕ ਹੋ ਕੇ) ਆਪ ਵੇਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਬੋਲਦਾ ਹੈ, ਆਪ ਹੀ ਸੁਣਦਾ ਹੈ,
He Himself beholds, speaks and hears all.
ਸਦਾ ਸੰਗਿ ਤਾ ਕਉ ਮਨ ਜਾਪਿ
ਜਿਹੜਾ ਹਰ ਵੇਲੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਅੰਗ-ਸੰਗ ਹੈ, ਉਸਦਾ ਭਜਨ ਕਰ ।
O my mind, meditate on the One who is always with you.
ਸੰਤ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਭਇਓ ਪਰਗਾਸੁ
ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਚਾਨਣ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ
By the Grace of the Saints, the Light has dawned.
ਪੂਰਿ ਰਹੇ ਏਕੈ ਗੁਣਤਾਸੁ ॥੩॥
ਉਸਨੂੰ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਦਾ ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਇਕ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹੀ ਹਰ ਥਾਂ ਵਿਆਪਕ ਦਿੱਸਦਾ ਹੈ ।੩।
The One Lord, the Treasure of Excellence, is perfectly pervading everywhere. ||3||
ਕਹਤ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਸੁਣਤ ਪੁਨੀਤ ਗੁਣ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਨਿਤ ਨੀਤ
(ਹੇ ਭਾਈ !) ਜੇਹੜੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸਦਾ ਹੀ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਦੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਤੇ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਸੁਣਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਭੇ ਪਵਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।
Pure are those who speak, and sanctified are those who hear and sing, forever and ever, the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਾ ਕਉ ਹੋਹੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ ! ਆਖ—(ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ !) ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਉਤੇ ਤੂੰ ਦਇਆਵਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈਂ
Says Nanak, when the Lord bestows His Mercy,
ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਸਭ ਪੂਰਨ ਘਾਲ ॥੪॥੨੩॥੯੨॥
(ਉਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ) ਉਸਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਇਹ ਮਿਹਨਤ ਸਫਲ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ।੪।੨੩।੯੨।
all one's efforts are fulfilled. ||4||23||92||

Mind:

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧
Siree Raag, First Mehla:
ਭਲੀ ਸਰੀ ਜਿ ਉਬਰੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੁਈ ਘਰਾਹੁ
(ਮੇਰੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਬਹੁਤ) ਚੰਗਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਕਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦ ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਬਚ ਗਈ, ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਰ ਗਈ
It all worked out-I was saved, and the egotism within my heart was subdued.
ਦੂਤ ਲਗੇ ਫਿਰਿ ਚਾਕਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ
ਮੈਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਥਾਪਣਾ ਮਿਲੀ, ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਰ (ਮੈਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਆਰ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਥਾਂ) ਉਲਟੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਹੋ ਗਏ
The evil energies have been made to serve me, since I placed my faith in the True Guru.
ਕਲਪ ਤਿਆਗੀ ਬਾਦਿ ਹੈ ਸਚਾ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ॥੧॥
ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਬੇ-ਪਰਵਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ (ਮੈਨੂੰ ਮਿਲ ਪਿਆ), ਮੈਂ (ਮਾਇਆ-ਮੋਹ ਦੀ) ਵਿਅਰਥ ਕਲਪਣਾ ਛੱਡ ਦਿੱਤੀ ।੧।
I have renounced my useless schemes, by the Grace of the True, Carefree Lord. ||1||
ਮਨ ਰੇ ਸਚੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਭਉ ਜਾਇ
ਹੇ (ਮੇਰੇ) ਮਨ ! ਜਦੋਂ ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮਿਲ ਪਏ, ਤਾਂ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦਾ ਡਰ-ਸਹਮ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ
O mind, meeting with the True One, fear departs.
ਭੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਕਿਉ ਥੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
ਜਦ ਤਕ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਡਰ-ਅਦਬ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਾਹ ਹੋਵੇ, ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦੇ ਡਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਬਚ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ (ਤੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਡਰ-ਅਦਬ ਤਦੋਂ ਹੀ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਦੋਂ ਜੀਵ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
Without the Fear of God, how can anyone become fearless? Become Gurmukh, and immerse yourself in the Shabad. ||1||Pause||
ਕੇਤਾ ਆਖਣੁ ਆਖੀਐ ਆਖਣਿ ਤੋਟਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ
ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਵਾਲੀ ਮੰਗ ਕਿਤਨੀ ਹੀ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਮੰਗ ਮੰਗਣ ਵਿਚ ਕਮੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ (ਭਾਵ, ਦੁਨੀਆਵੀ ਮੰਗ ਮੁੱਕਦੀ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ)
How can we describe Him with words? There is no end to the descriptions of Him.
ਮੰਗਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਕੇਤੜੇ ਦਾਤਾ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਇ
ਫਿਰ) ਬੇਅੰਤ ਜੀਵ ਹਨ ਮੰਗਾਂ ਮੰਗਣ ਵਾਲੇ, ਤੇ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਸਿਰਫ਼ ਇਕੋ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹੈ
There are so many beggars, but He is the only Giver.
ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਜੀਅ ਪਰਾਣ ਹੈ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਐ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
ਜਿਸ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਜਿੰਦ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ, ਜੇ ਉਹ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਵੱਸ ਪਏ, ਤਦੋਂ ਹੀ ਸੁਖ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ।੩।
He is the Giver of the soul, and the praanaa, the breath of life; when He dwells within the mind, there is peace. ||2||

ਜਗੁ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਬਾਜੀ ਬਨੀ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਖੇਲਾਇ
ਜਗਤ (ਮਾਨੋ) ਸੁਪਨਾ ਹੈ, ਜਗਤ ਇਕ ਖੇਡ ਬਣੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ, ਜੀਵ ਇਕ ਖਿਨ ਵਿਚ (ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੀ) ਖੇਡ ਖੇਡ ਕੇ ਚਲਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ
The world is a drama, staged in a dream. In a moment, the play is played out.
ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਮਿਲਿ ਏਕਸੇ ਵਿਜੋਗੀ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਇ
(ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ) ਸੰਜੋਗ-ਸੱਤਿਆ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ ਇਕੱਠੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਵਿਜੋਗ-ਸੱਤਿਆ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਜੀਵ (ਇਥੋਂ) ਉੱਠ ਕੇ ਤੁਰ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ
Some attain union with the Lord, while others depart in separation.
ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਣਾ ਸੋ ਥੀਐ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਇ ॥੩॥
ਜੋ ਕੁਝ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਚੰਗਾ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, (ਉਸ ਦੇ ਉਲਟ) ਹੋਰ ਕੁਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ।੩।
Whatever pleases Him comes to pass; nothing else can be done. ||3||
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਸਤੁ ਵੇਸਾਹੀਐ ਸਚੁ ਵਖਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਰਾਸਿ
ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਹੀ ਅਸਲ ਸੌਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਪੂੰਜੀ ਹੈ (ਜੋ ਵਿਹਾਝਣ ਲਈ ਜੀਵ ਇਥੇ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ) ਇਹ ਸੌਦਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹੀ ਖ਼ਰੀਦਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ
The Gurmukhs purchase the Genuine Article. The True Merchandise is purchased with the True Capital.
ਜਿਨੀ ਸਚੁ ਵਣੰਜਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ
ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਸੱਚਾ ਸੌਦਾ ਖ਼ਰੀਦਿਆ ਹੈ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਥਾਪਣਾ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ
Those who purchase this True Merchandise through the Perfect Guru are blessed.
ਨਾਨਕ ਵਸਤੁ ਪਛਾਣਸੀ ਸਚੁ ਸਉਦਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੧੧॥
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ ! ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਪਾਸ ਇਹ ਸੱਚਾ ਸੌਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਇਸ ਵਸਤ ਦੀ ਕਦਰ ਭੀ ਉਹੀ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ ।੪।੧੧।

Or does it only involve mind, tongue, ears as per you?

I have given you three shabads from SGGS which say that Naam Simran or remembrance takes place in the mind, ears and tongue.

Show me any shabad from SGGS that says Naam simran takes place with any 3 other body parts.

Is Seva part of Naam Simran?

No. I posted a shabad and I'm sure you read it and understood it. Sewa is different. So is Wand shakkna.

There is plenty of people who do not beleive in Sri Sada Shiv, ie atheists. But they do good deeds over and over. Who are they remembering if they don't believe in anyone?

Do you mean deeds do not come under your definition of Naam Simran?

My definition is only what SGGS says. Now lets see if you can find anything in SGGS that supports what you are saying.

Aren't our deeds connected to our minds?

Yes, but how does that make it naam simran? If someone doing a good deed is naam simran, then why isn't someone doing a bad deed naam simran?

Both are deeds carried by under the instruction of the mind.

Are the Sikh sevadaars helping the refugees 24/7 in Bangladesh out of your understanding of Naam Simran as per your definition?

According to SGGS yes. Why isn't the actions of the Burmese throwing these people out so their own people can live life more comfortably (according to their own understanding) naam simran for the Burmese ?

For you, vand kei chaknah is not part of Naam Simran as you have already mentioned in another thread. Why so?

it's great to see that you have abandoned the "brattish" attitude and began to read and understand.

Vand ke chhkna is charity. Cruel leaders like Gaddafi carried out great programs of charity in Libya. Does that make gadaffi a bhagat? Was it naam simran he was doing?

Does Seva involve mind and body or not?

Yes. So does stealing a chocolate bar. Or robbing a liquor store.

Does Naam Simran require both or not?

Yes. You have to be able to structure your body to activate the mind.

I asked you earlier to which you conveniently for yourself didn't reply:

"do you go and sit on the freeway when typing a post for SPN or do you like to be in a place when you can gather your thoughts and calculate a response?"

Does Naam Simran mean only repeating any word continuously?

No. there has to be dhiaan on the word(s).

And talk of repeating, which you love to label as tota ratan, you don't half do a lot of that tota ratan on here. Same questions, different day.

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,
Simran. is. Remembrance.

Oh mind what one should remember.

Remember praise ie wonder of nature and its laws. Wah. E Guru

Sun moon and everyone has to abide by laws of nature. If someone feel gravity laws are not applicable than that one living or non livng off course not non living that living has mind problem.
These laws are followed by celestial bodies hence are remembered than only can be followed.

Humans making Samadhi and Chanting Waheguru are making mockery of GURUs BANI are religiously egoist dumbs, who fail to perform human service. They tend to be religious but are highly egoist persons, and fail to perform any good for fellow beings.

Who perform service for other beings is SEVA while performing seva with remembrance of Gurus Bani.

Folding legs. Chanting loudly or Silently without doing good for fellow beings is pakhand. Service is Supreme than is remembrance.
What service is Chanting and repeated reciting, except a self centred action,

religious minds are highly egoistic minds with robes and religious uniforms, without understanding and performing SEVA and doing Seva with Simran.

Interact truly with fellow humans and serve, Gurubani will appear alive every moment.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Simran is Remembrance

What shall ones mind remember

Evil/ Bad doing of others which one vomits as vocal output of human hard disk.

Even sun moon and other celestial bodies follows and obeys natural laws. Follows comes with remembrance.

Sitting chanting was never the way of Gurus Bani.

Following religion blindly without vision of word makes one extremely egoistic which one can easily experience while experiencing serving people with religious robes and uniforms.

Service of truth while serving humans dissolves EGO

Service truth and humanity one will experience Gurus Bani and will find it alive every moment. That is Seva Simran.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Naam Simran,

Realisation of Word objectively is NAAM Simran it signifies visualise word as existence in real world . Every realisation of nature to human mind is expressed as name.

There are so many doubts discussions on each spell of Gurus Bani because of lacking Naam Simran.
If someone realises each word of Gurus Bani. One gets Param Gati.

As a intiated reset mind with fastest decision making process. Ie Original high processor speed without bugs and virus.

As one has khando shed the useless thoughts and routines stored in mind

mind acts like a sharp edge sword khando kdanda hai.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Chaz is not the only one then. I asked you a direct question on your use of "Gurfathe." What a shame.

ਅਖਰੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਖਰੀ ਸਾਲਾਹ
From the Word, comes the Naam; from the Word, comes Your Praise.
ਅਖਰੀ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਗੀਤ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਹ
From the Word, comes spiritual wisdom, singing the Songs of Your Glory.

This shabad also tells how important Naam is :

ਰਾਗੁ ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪
Raag Goojaree, Fourth Mehla:
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਤਪੁਰਖਾ ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰਉ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ
O humble servant of the Lord, O True Guru, O True Primal Being: I offer my humble prayer to You, O Guru.
ਹਮ ਕੀਰੇ ਕਿਰਮ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
I am a mere insect, a worm. O True Guru, I seek Your Sanctuary. Please be merciful, and bless me with the Light of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||
ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ
O my Best Friend, O Divine Guru, please enlighten me with the Name of the Lord.
ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਸਖਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਮਰੀ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
Through the Guru's Teachings, the Naam is my breath of life. The Kirtan of the Lord's Praise is my life's occupation. ||1||Pause||

ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੇ ਵਡ ਭਾਗ ਵਡੇਰੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਧਾ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਆਸ
The servants of the Lord have the greatest good fortune; they have faith in the Lord, and a longing for the Lord.
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਹਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੁਣ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੨॥
Obtaining the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, they are satisfied; joining the Sangat, the Blessed Congregation, their virtues shine forth. ||2||
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਜਮ ਪਾਸਿ
Those who have not obtained the Sublime Essence of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, are most unfortunate; they are led away by the Messenger of Death.
ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਆਏ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵੇ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵਾਸਿ ॥੩॥
Those who have not sought the Sanctuary of the True Guru and the Sangat, the Holy Congregation-cursed are their lives, and cursed are their hopes of life. ||3||
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਾਈ ਤਿਨ ਧੁਰਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਲਿਖਾਸਿ
Those humble servants of the Lord who have attained the Company of the True Guru, have such pre-ordained destiny inscribed on their foreheads.
ਧਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੪॥
Blessed, blessed is the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, where the Lord's Essence is obtained. Meeting with His humble servant, O Nanak, the Light of the Naam shines forth. ||4||4||

Guru Sahib says Naam is his breath of life. When should one do Naam Simran? When one is breathing. Look at what Guru Sahib says here:

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫
Maajh, Fifth Mehla:
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵਉ
By God's Grace, I meditate on the Lord, Har, Har.

ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਇਆ ਤੇ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਵਉ
By God's Kindness, I sing the songs of joy.
ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਜਾਗਤ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਸਗਲ ਅਵਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
While standing and sitting, while sleeping and while awake, meditate on the Lord, all your life. ||1||

ਨਾਮੁ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਸਾਧੂ ਦੀਆ
The Holy Saint has given me the Medicine of the Naam.
ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਕਾਟੇ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਥੀਆ
My sins have been cut out, and I have become pure.
ਅਨਦੁ ਭਇਆ ਨਿਕਸੀ ਸਭ ਪੀਰਾ ਸਗਲ ਬਿਨਾਸੇ ਦਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
I am filled with bliss, and all my pains have been taken away. All my suffering has been dispelled. ||2||
ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਅੰਗੁ ਕਰੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸੋ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਸਾਗਰ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ
One who has my Beloved on his side, is liberated from the world-ocean.
ਸਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਛਾਤਾ ਸੋ ਕਾਹੇ ਕਉ ਡਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
One who recognizes the Guru practices Truth; why should he be afraid? ||3||
ਜਬ ਤੇ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਾਏ ਗੁਰ ਭੇਟਤ ਹਉ ਗਈ ਬਲਾਏ
Since I found the Company of the Holy and met the Guru, the demon of pride has departed.
ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਵੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਢਾਕਿ ਲੀਆ ਮੇਰਾ ਪੜਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੧੭॥੨੪॥
With each and every breath, Nanak sings the Lord's Praises. The True Guru has covered my sins. ||4||17||24||

and

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla:
ਰਤਨੁ ਛਾਡਿ ਕਉਡੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਲਾਗੇ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ
Forsaking the jewel, he is attached to the shell; nothing will come of it.
ਪੂਰਨ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਈਐ ॥੧॥
O my mind, meditate forever on the Perfect, Supreme Lord God, the Transcendent Lord. ||1||
ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਾਨੀ
Meditate in remembrance on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O mortal.

ਬਿਨਸੈ ਕਾਚੀ ਦੇਹ ਅਗਿਆਨੀ ਰਹਾਉ
Your frail body shall perish, you ignorant fool. ||Pause||
ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਅਰੁ ਸੁਪਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਵਡਾਈ
Illusions and dream-objects possess nothing of greatness.
ਰਾਮ ਭਜਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵਸਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਜਾਈ ॥੨॥
Without meditating on the Lord, nothing succeeds, and nothing will go along with you. ||2||
ਹਉ ਹਉ ਕਰਤ ਬਿਹਾਇ ਅਵਰਦਾ ਜੀਅ ਕੋ ਕਾਮੁ ਨ ਕੀਨਾ
Acting in egotism and pride, his life passes away, and he does nothing for his soul.
ਧਾਵਤ ਧਾਵਤ ਨਹ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਿਆ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਹੀ ਚੀਨਾ ॥੩॥
Wandering and wandering all around, he is never satisfied; he does not remember the Name of the Lord. ||3||
ਸਾਦ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਬਿਖੈ ਰਸ ਮਾਤੋ ਅਸੰਖ ਖਤੇ ਕਰਿ ਫੇਰੇ
Intoxicated with the taste of corruption, cruel pleasures and countless sins, he is consigned to the cycle of reincarnation.
ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਹਿ ਬਿਨੰਤੀ ਕਾਟਹੁ ਅਵਗੁਣ ਮੇਰੇ ॥੪॥੧੧॥੨੨॥
Nanak offers his prayer to God, to eradicate his demerits. ||4||11||22||

This meditation is naam simran. There is no difference between naam simran and naam dhiauna.

This is naam simran. But the shabad is encouraging a person to do naam simran as much as possible. How many people will actually be able to do this for 24 hours?

Where does the shabad say you can't sit cross legged or with eyes closed? You could equally sit on the edge of a very tall building if it meant that you were able to meditate on naam. Or in crocodile infested waters.

But we adopt a position that makes it easier for us to achieve that goal. You go and sit on the freeway when you are making posts on SPN? Or do you need some space and clarity of thought to be able to achieve what you wish to write?

Respected tejwant Singh, the convenience was yours. No-one elses.

Apartheid are rules created by man on differences. There is no difference in the souls of men. But Guru says do naam simran 24 hours a day. What about those who are disables and are unable to do this? Is this apartheid in your mind as well?
Dear Kully Ji
You have given three reference of shabad for Naam Simran and its importance.Do you do naam Simran with word WaheGuru.

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Are the volunteers from Khalsa Aid and United Sikhs doing Naam Simran through serving langar to the hungry in Bangladesh?
Do Ravi Singh from Khalsa Aid and other volunteers who help the Yazidis in Northern Iraq doing Naam Simran through their work?

Yes or no, please.

No its not Naam Simran .Infact helping others you don't even have to believe Gurbani or God . Most people do seva even if they dont believe in God.

The current most charitable individuals in the United States, based on “Estimated Lifetime Giving,” are:

1) Warren Buffett (atheist, donated $40.785 billion to “health, education, humanitarian causes”)

2) Bill & Melinda Gates (atheists, donated $27.602 billion to “global health and development, education”)

3) George Soros (atheist, donated $6.936 billion to “open and democratic societies”)

A century ago, one of the USA’s leading philanthropists was Andrew Carnegie, atheist. Atheists are the most generous-even without heavenly reward!

Sewa is Sewa and doing Sewa is not Naam Simran and it does not necessary comes by studying ,understanding Gurbani .

You really are playing with words and presenting Sikhi philosophy in a confusing way.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
No its not Naam Simran .Infact helping others you don't even have to believe Gurbani or God . Most people do seva even if they dont believe in God.

The current most charitable individuals in the United States, based on “Estimated Lifetime Giving,” are:

1) Warren Buffett (atheist, donated $40.785 billion to “health, education, humanitarian causes”)

2) Bill & Melinda Gates (atheists, donated $27.602 billion to “global health and development, education”)

3) George Soros (atheist, donated $6.936 billion to “open and democratic societies”)

A century ago, one of the USA’s leading philanthropists was Andrew Carnegie, atheist. Atheists are the most generous-even without heavenly reward!

Sewa is Sewa and doing Sewa is not Naam Simran and it does not necessary comes by studying ,understanding Gurbani .

You really are playing with words and presenting Sikhi philosophy in a confusing way.

I get it. For you, Naam Simran is parroting only and a very transitory feel good thingy, just like the Epsilons of the Brave New World who were given Soma as a drug in order to follow the instructions given by the Alphas. Soma is also mentioned in the SGGS, our only Guru. You want to feel the trance, how transitory it may be, which is fine with me.

You have been parroting this very thought endlessly in the thread of HAR.

Many Babas and Derawalas ask their devotees to parrot a word for 40 days called chileiyah, which has nothing to do with Sikhi either. I hope you know that.

For you, Naam Simran has nothing to do with one's deeds as a Sikh but just a selfish self-centred act.
How interesting!

As far as being an Athiest is concerned, please share with us what makes one an Athiest and how does an Athiest define oneself as being one?
Please, posts the URL's where the great people above said they are Atheists. I would appreciate that.

Once you have done that then we will talk about the generous people mentioned above.

And one last point, "Sewa is Sewa and doing Sewa is not Naam Simran and it does not necessary comes by studying ,understanding Gurbani ."

Nice doublespeak to say the least. :)
Sadly, you are talking from both sides of your mouth.

OK, allow me to give you the benefit of the doubt which is also part of Sikhi. So what is the difference between Seva and Naam Simran? Please post the related Shabad/s from the SGGS, our only Guru, that back your claim up. Thanks

Last edited:

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Hey SukhSingh,

in what way? Guru Nanak Dev Ji described 5 Khands...
  • 4. Karam Khand: the realm of grace, (pauri 37) and
many parts of Gurbani as you to question yourself, your actions, to acknowldge the effect and influence of the 5 thieves and to make effort to plant good seeds as a foundation and effort to bring about better habits...in the end this effort is also 'grace' 'hukam' and if someone doesn't make the effort and falls further away from Waheguru, that is also Hukam as Gurbani states He himself brings us closer and He himself takes us further...
As I said in my statement, I don't believe it is deterministic in the way suggested.

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
I get it. For you, Naam Simran is parroting only and a very transitory feel good thingy, just like the Epsilons of the Brave New World who were given Soma as a drug in order to follow the instructions given by the Alphas. Soma is also mentioned in the SGGS, our only Guru. You want to feel the trance, how transitory it may be, which is fine with me.

You have been parroting this very thought endlessly in the thread of HAR.

Many Babas and Derawalas ask their devotees to parrot a word for 40 days called chileiyah, which has nothing to do with Sikhi either. I hope you know that.

For you, Naam Simran has nothing to do with one's deeds as a Sikh but just a selfish self-centred act.
How interesting!

As far as being an Athiest is concerned, please share with us what makes one an Athiest and how does an Athiest define oneself as being one?
Please, posts the URL's where the great people above said they are Atheists. I would appreciate that.

Once you have done that then we will talk about the generous people mentioned above.

Nice doublespeak to say the least. :)
Sadly, you are talking from both sides of your mouth.

OK, allow me to give you the benefit of the doubt which is also part of Sikhi. So what is the difference between Seva and Naam Simran? Please post the related Shabad/s from the SGGS, our only Guru, that back your claim up. Thanks

Well after spending few time on this forum I realised the meaning of NAME SIMRAN according to you and some in this forum is not what is commonly perceived.

Sir you have been accusing me from start that i am linking chanting with Parrot. Again that is your perception it is not your experience.I had mentioned repeating Gods Name through Surat Shabad & this not tota rattan .Since I am new to this forum and it will take time to understand the complex philosophies is this forum meanwhile let me Know what your fundamental approach to Gurbani? What do you think abt JAP and naam simran? So we start from here .
Regards

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: