• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi Simran As Per Gurmat

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Original Ji...

Do you have any children?
we had our first child...just turned 5 months old...i used to worry a little on how having a child would affect my Naam Simran, especially during Amrit Vela...

After a crazy couple of months, Thankfully now it's actually helped!...the little dude sleeps 10 hours through the night, and needs his nappy changing at 3-4 am...perfect!....change him, settle him...1-2 hours of Parroting :) ...and then lie next to him as my mind continues vibrating 'Waheguru' and the Jedi 'force' flowing 'vigorously' within! ...God Willing i can get right back on this spiritual path and inspire the little fella as he grows up!

God Bless..

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Maybe i will join my Sat Guru on Cloud 9 - and Smoke whatever he is smoking... :) the Bong of Naam Simran when you start to explore your own being is mind blowingly crazzzzzy! and i don;t think i've even skimmed the surface yet...Wah!

I agree, as does probably everyone on this forum, however, how we choose to get there is down to our own interpretations and our life experiences, our environment, our genes, one size does not fit all, and to boot, we are all at different levels, whether one level is higher than another is subjective, some of us start of with deviance and turn to innocence, some go the other way around, how we explore our own minds is a personal thing.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
many years ago i lost track and spent a few years drinking excessively, smoking weed and trying various drugs...
thankfully, i can read your comments and compare this kind of intoxication to 'mingling' with my waheguru during Amrit Vela...
the two are not the same thing lol...ha! (chuckling as i write this)

Maybe i will join my Sat Guru on Cloud 9 - and Smoke whatever he is smoking... :) the Bong of Naam Simran when you start to explore your own being is mind blowingly crazzzzzy! and i don;t think i've even skimmed the surface yet...Wah!

p.1039

Ḏehī nagrī na▫o ḏarvāje.
There are nine gates to the body-village;
Sir sir karṇaihārai sāje.
the Creator Lord fashioned them for each and every person.
Ḏasvai purakẖ aṯīṯ nirālā āpe alakẖ lakẖā▫i▫ā. ||4||
Within the Tenth Gate, dwells the Primal Lord, detached and unequalled. The unknowable reveals Himself. ||4||
Purakẖ alekẖ sacẖe ḏīvānā.
The Primal Lord cannot be held to account; True is His Celestial Court.
Hukam cẖalā▫e sacẖ nīsānā.
The Hukam of His Command is in effect; True is His Insignia.
Nānak kẖoj lahhu gẖar apnā har āṯam rām nām pā▫i▫ā. ||5||
O Nanak, search and examine your own home, and you shall find the Supreme Soul, and the Name of the Lord. ||5||

Chaz ji,

I am sorry to say, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Why did you choose 3 lines from the middle of the Shabad?
What is wrong with the whole Shabad that we urge all posters to post with their own understanding?
Both prerequisites are missing. Why?
What is the link to your pick n choose Gurbani, with the subject being discussed, which is, to define Naam Simran?

Will wait for the Shabads so we can all learn from them.

Thanks

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
to be fair, Chazji tends to speak of this for himself, rather than advocating it as a given

Correct...100 individuals that climb mount everest will have their own story to tell...
but the common denominator is that they have to climb...

so for a Sikh, this common denominator is 'Waheguru is to be experienced, seen, heard, felt, mingled with....within you'...
this is 'fact' in Sikhi...

The question each Sikh has to ask is...how can one seek within themselves...whatever you believe...try it...see what happens...
that is all i did...nothing else...

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
to be fair, Chazji tends to speak of this for himself, rather than advocating it as a given

I agree, hence it becomes even more of his responsibility to share with us the Shabads he claims that makes him feel the bliss. He should use SGGS, our only Guru to prove his understanding of the term Naam Simran that he so enjoys. A Sikh's duty is to help others and I have been seeking his advice on this for a long time.
Isn't this what 'Vand Kei Chaknah' means?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz ji,

I am sorry to say, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Why did you choose 3 lines from the middle of the Shabad?
What is wrong with the whole Shabad that we urge all posters to post with their own understanding?
Both prerequisites are missing. Why?
What is the link to your pick n choose Gurbani, with the subject being discussed, which is, to define Naam Simran?

Will wait for the Shabads so we can all learn from them.

Thanks

Tejwant Ji,

for the purpose of this Forum...and to have some balance to the efforts the posters make....
can you also please give us your interpretation of Naam Simran...and supplying Gurbani that shows this...
This is only fair, as all you're doing is asking everyone else to provide their thoughts and supply Gurbani...whilst not doing much yourself...

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant Ji,

for the purpose of this Forum...and to have some balance to the efforts the posters make....
can you also please give us your interpretation of Naam Simran...and supplying Gurbani that shows this...
This is only fair, as all you're doing is asking everyone else to provide their thoughts and supply Gurbani...whilst not doing much yourself...

Chaz Ji,

I would urge you to read my today's post above. It seems you did not read it. I have done what you have asked me many times. You can check it for yourself.
Now, I would like to know what is Naam Simran for you in the SGGS, our only Guru so I can learn from you?

It is a bit bewildering to say the least, that you have been constantly talking about bliss but find yourself incapable of sharing those Shabads of Naam Simran with us that give you this wonderful sensation so we can also feel the same.
Why are you refusing to help your fellow Sikhs?
This is your duty as a Sikh.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I agree, hence it becomes even more of his responsibility to share with us the Shabads he claims that makes him feel the bliss. He should use SGGS, our only Guru to prove his understanding of the term Naam Simran that he so enjoys. A Sikh's duty is to help others and I have been seeking his advice on this for a long time.
Isn't this what 'Vand Kei Chaknah' means?

ok so i've read your post...

basically you don't agree that Naam Simran is parroting/repeating of one word endlessly.
you think that Myself, Kully and Original think that Naam Simran is Parroting/repeating of one word endlessly,,,

Guess What...I AGREE! Naam Simran is NOT parroting/repeating of one word endlessly.

personally i think no matter what i write, you will always think i Parrot/repeat endlessly one word...so whatever lol...
but here goes...

I Believe Gurbani is Word of Waheguru, and written down by our Living Guru Ji's...
I Read, contemplate it, and try to get pointers in practical things i can do..
Guru Ji tells me "stop looking for Waheguru on the outside...Waheguru is to be experienced within"!

i think....wow!...this concept is new to me...how the fu*k do i seek within...

guru Ji tells me to focus single mindedly on my Sahib...how? my mind is all over the place...so i tried in the early hours of the morning...no distractions...difficult at first...mind wants to think about so many crazy things...but i persevere...

What do i focus on...all i have is Gurbani...as i believe it came from my Sahib...so i focus on that...slowly my mind starts to settle...day after day it becomes a little bit easier than the day before...but the yearning is getting stronger...so much so that i can't bear it...tears flow down my eyes...
i'm calling out to Him internally..." my Sahib...what do i do....what do i say...how do i find you"...again...all i have is his shabad...i don;t know it all off by heart...so i repeat what i know...the yearning helps keep my mind focussed...what now....what now...

then one Day.....Boooooooooooom! seriously BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The rest is history...i now know this Sh*t is for real.....everytime i read gurbani...i know it's real...i want more....so i keep waking up during the night....no distractions...just me and my Sahib...so many things happening that make me question all of life...to question who i am...everything that happens in this Domain is there to make you question...

so Tejwant ji....no parroting....just a lot of yearning and longing and pouring my heart out (thats where He is lol)...using the only thing i have...Gurbani...because it's his voice lol lol...Voice has an Origin...so lets follow it... :)

so you keep calling it what you like...i don't really care...bacause my Sahib keeps prodding me to never give up even though the world is always trying to pull me back into desires, attachments, anger, greed and ego...

My Simran has only just begun...my Remembrance has only just begun...Naam Simran is my journey to unravel all of this....this is Naam Simran...to unravel this...no definitions will do this justice...

God Bless Ji....read my blog, i've writting most of this with Gurbani examples..

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Chaz ji,

Guru Fateh.

For you not to think that I am passing the buck, here is one of many Shabads in the SGGS, that explains Naam Simran. I have not given my own understanding on purpose because the verses in bold about Naam Simran are self-explanatory.

It is your turn now but before that, take your time in studying and understanding the Shabad below so we can talk about it before you post yours. Thanks.

Page 461

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ
Āsā mėhlā 5.
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਕਮਾਇਅੜੋ ਸੋ ਆਇਓ ਮਾਥੈ
Ḏin rāṯ kamā▫i▫aṛo so ā▫i▫o māthai.
Those actions you perform, day and night, are recorded upon your forehead.

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਸਿ ਲੁਕਾਇਦੜੋ ਸੋ ਵੇਖੀ ਸਾਥੈ
Jis pās lukā▫iḏ▫ṛo so vekẖī sāthai.
And the One, from whom you hide these actions - He sees them, and is always with you.

ਸੰਗਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਕਰਣਹਾਰਾ ਕਾਇ ਪਾਪੁ ਕਮਾਈਐ
Sang ḏekẖai karaṇhārā kā▫e pāp kamā▫ī▫ai.
The Creator Lord is with you; He sees you, so why commit sins?

ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਕੀਜੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੀਜੈ ਨਰਕਿ ਮੂਲਿ ਜਾਈਐ
Sukariṯ kījai nām lījai narak mūl na jā▫ī▫ai.
So perform good deeds, and chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord; you shall never have to go to hell.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਚਲੈ ਤੇਰੈ ਸਾਥੇ
Āṯẖ pahar har nām simrahu cẖalai ṯerai sāthe.
Twenty-four hours a day, dwell upon the Lord's Name in meditation; it alone shall go along with you.

ਭਜੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਟਹਿ ਦੋਖ ਕਮਾਤੇ ॥੧॥
Bẖaj sāḏẖsangaṯ saḏā Nānak mitėh ḏokẖ kamāṯe. ||1||
So vibrate continually in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and the sins you committed shall be erased. ||1||

ਵਲਵੰਚ ਕਰਿ ਉਦਰੁ ਭਰਹਿ ਮੂਰਖ ਗਾਵਾਰਾ
valvancẖ kar uḏar bẖarėh mūrakẖ gāvārā.
Practicing deceit, you fill your belly, you ignorant fool!

ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਦੇ ਰਹਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਦੇਵਣਹਾਰਾ
Sabẖ kicẖẖ ḏe rahi▫ā har ḏevaṇhārā.
The Lord, the Great Giver, continues to give you everything.

ਦਾਤਾਰੁ ਸਦਾ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਕਾਇ ਮਨਹੁ ਵਿਸਾਰੀਐ
Ḏāṯār saḏā ḏa▫i▫āl su▫āmī kā▫e manhu visārī▫ai.
The Great Giver is always merciful. Why should we forget the Lord Master from our minds?

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗੇ ਭਜੁ ਨਿਸੰਗੇ ਕੁਲ ਸਮੂਹਾ ਤਾਰੀਐ
Mil sāḏẖsange bẖaj nisange kul samūhā ṯārī▫ai.
Join the Saadh Sangat, and vibrate fearlessly; all your relations shall be saved.

ਸਿਧ ਸਾਧਿਕ ਦੇਵ ਮੁਨਿ ਜਨ ਭਗਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰਾ
Siḏẖ sāḏẖik ḏev mun jan bẖagaṯ nām aḏẖārā.
The Siddhas, the seekers, the demi-gods, the silent sages and the devotees, all take the Naam as their support.

ਬਿਨਵੰਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦਾ ਭਜੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਏਕੁ ਕਰਣੈਹਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
Binvanṯ Nānak saḏā bẖajī▫ai parabẖ ek karnaihārā. ||2||
Prays Nanak, vibrate continually upon God, the One Creator Lord. ||2||

ਖੋਟੁ ਕੀਚਈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਰਖਣਹਾਰਾ
Kẖot na kīcẖ▫ī parabẖ parkẖaṇhārā.
Do not practice deception - God is the Assayer of all.

ਕੂੜੁ ਕਪਟੁ ਕਮਾਵਦੜੇ ਜਨਮਹਿ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ
Kūṛ kapat kamāvḏaṛe janmėh sansārā.
Those who practice falsehood and deceit are reincarnated in the world.

ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਤਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਏਕੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ
Sansār sāgar ṯinĥī ṯari▫ā jinĥī ek ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā.
Those who meditate on the One Lord, cross over the world-ocean.

ਤਜਿ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਅਨਿੰਦ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਆਇਆ
Ŧaj kām kroḏẖ aninḏ ninḏā parabẖ sarṇā▫ī ā▫i▫ā.
Renouncing sexual desire, anger, flattery and slander, they enter the Sanctuary of God.

ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਮਹੀਅਲਿ ਰਵਿਆ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਊਚ ਅਗਮ ਅਪਾਰਾ
Jal thal mahī▫al ravi▫ā su▫āmī ūcẖ agam apārā.
The lofty, inaccessible and infinite Lord and Master is pervading the water, the land and the sky.

ਬਿਨਵੰਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਟੇਕ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਅਧਾਰਾ ॥੩॥
Binvanṯ Nānak tek jan kī cẖaraṇ kamal aḏẖārā. ||3||
Prays Nanak, He is the support of His servants; His Lotus Feet are their only sustenance. ||3||

ਪੇਖੁ ਹਰਿਚੰਦਉਰੜੀ ਅਸਥਿਰੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹੀ
Pekẖ haricẖanḏ▫urṛī asthir kicẖẖ nāhī.
Behold - the world is a mirage; nothing here is permanent.

ਮਾਇਆ ਰੰਗ ਜੇਤੇ ਸੇ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਾਹੀ
Mā▫i▫ā rang jeṯe se sang na jāhī.
The pleasures of Maya which are here, shall not go with you.

ਹਰਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਾਥੀ ਸਦਾ ਤੇਰੈ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਰੈਣਿ ਸਮਾਲੀਐ
Har sang sāthī saḏā ṯerai ḏinas raiṇ samālī▫ai.
The Lord, your companion, is always with you; remember Him day and night.

ਹਰਿ ਏਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਛੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਭਾਉ ਦੁਤੀਆ ਜਾਲੀਐ
Har ek bin kacẖẖ avar nāhī bẖā▫o ḏuṯī▫ā jālī▫ai.
Without the One Lord, there is no other; burn away the love of duality.

ਮੀਤੁ ਜੋਬਨੁ ਮਾਲੁ ਸਰਬਸੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਏਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਨ ਮਾਹੀ
Mīṯ joban māl sarbas parabẖ ek kar man māhī.
Know in your mind, that the One God is your friend, youth, wealth and everything.

ਬਿਨਵੰਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਵਡਭਾਗਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸੂਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਹੀ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੩॥
Binvanṯ Nānak vadbẖāg pā▫ī▫ai sūkẖ sahj samāhī. ||4||4||13||
Prays Nanak, by great good fortune, we find the Lord, and merge in peace and celestial poise. ||4||4||13||

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
out of curiosity, does anyone believe that it is?

if they do, let them work it out...trying and failing is not the issue...

in all walks of life...if you want to achieve something you need to get into the 'zone'...i.e. to be able to focus single mindedly on your task at hand...this is nothing new...

An athlete standing on the start of the 100m race...his mind wanders for a split second...sound of the gun, and he loses a second...chance..
nothing new with 'looking within'....mind continuously wanders, and you miss the sound of that Gun...the shabad that resounds within...which has always been there...we just don;t notice...at least i didn't until i cared to listen...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz ji,

Guru Fateh.

For you not to think that I am passing the buck, here is one of many Shabads in the SGGS, that explains Naam Simran. I have not given my own understanding on purpose because the verses in bold about Naam Simran are self-explanatory.

It is your turn now but before that, take your time in studying and understanding the Shabad below so we can talk about it before you post yours. Thanks.

Page 461

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ
Āsā mėhlā 5.
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਕਮਾਇਅੜੋ ਸੋ ਆਇਓ ਮਾਥੈ
Ḏin rāṯ kamā▫i▫aṛo so ā▫i▫o māthai.
Those actions you perform, day and night, are recorded upon your forehead.

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਸਿ ਲੁਕਾਇਦੜੋ ਸੋ ਵੇਖੀ ਸਾਥੈ
Jis pās lukā▫iḏ▫ṛo so vekẖī sāthai.
And the One, from whom you hide these actions - He sees them, and is always with you.

ਸੰਗਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਕਰਣਹਾਰਾ ਕਾਇ ਪਾਪੁ ਕਮਾਈਐ
Sang ḏekẖai karaṇhārā kā▫e pāp kamā▫ī▫ai.
The Creator Lord is with you; He sees you, so why commit sins?

ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਕੀਜੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੀਜੈ ਨਰਕਿ ਮੂਲਿ ਜਾਈਐ
Sukariṯ kījai nām lījai narak mūl na jā▫ī▫ai.
So perform good deeds, and chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord; you shall never have to go to hell.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਚਲੈ ਤੇਰੈ ਸਾਥੇ
Āṯẖ pahar har nām simrahu cẖalai ṯerai sāthe.
Twenty-four hours a day, dwell upon the Lord's Name in meditation; it alone shall go along with you.

ਭਜੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਟਹਿ ਦੋਖ ਕਮਾਤੇ ॥੧॥
Bẖaj sāḏẖsangaṯ saḏā Nānak mitėh ḏokẖ kamāṯe. ||1||
So vibrate continually in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and the sins you committed shall be erased. ||1||

The Great Giver is always merciful. Why should we forget the Lord Master from our minds?

Join the Saadh Sangat, and vibrate fearlessly; all your relations shall be saved.

The Siddhas, the seekers, the demi-gods, the silent sages and the devotees, all take the Naam as their support.

ਖੋਟੁ ਕੀਚਈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਰਖਣਹਾਰਾ

Renouncing sexual desire, anger, flattery and slander, they enter the Sanctuary of God.

The lofty, inaccessible and infinite Lord and Master is pervading the water, the land and the sky.

Prays Nanak, He is the support of His servants; His Lotus Feet are their only sustenance. ||3||

Know in your mind, that the One God is your friend, youth, wealth and everything.

Prays Nanak, by great good fortune, we find the Lord, and merge in peace and celestial poise. ||4||4||13||

ਖੋਟੁ ਕੀਚਈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਰਖਣਹਾਰਾ

Lovely Shabad...

i'm dwelling on the lords name as we speak...have been for hours...love it.. :)
for today, you guys are my Sangat ...love it...

But i'm also working...mind is everywhere...fixing stuff, talking to people...etc etc...difficult to focus single mindedly for even a moment...for me at least...

Does Gurbani find it important to focus with Ik Man? single mindedly? can you find any reference to this?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Lovely Shabad...

i'm dwelling on the lords name as we speak...have been for hours...love it.. :)
for today, you guys are my Sangat ...love it...

But i'm also working...mind is everywhere...fixing stuff, talking to people...etc etc...difficult to focus single mindedly for even a moment...for me at least...

Does Gurbani find it important to focus with Ik Man? single mindedly? can you find any reference to this?

Chaz ji,

I have played my part.

Please play yours by posting the Shabad of your claim about the subject being discussed.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Chaz ji,

I am sorry to say you have no idea what Ik Mann means because your two lines contradict each other. Give it another shot after posting the Shabad.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz ji,

I have played my part.

Please play yours by posting the Shabad of your claim about the subject being discussed.

Thanks

you've done nothing but show me a shabad that tells me to work towards doing naam simran 24 hours a day..

your post doesn't attempt to answer what you have asked of others....what is Naam Simran, as per your understanding from reading Gurbani...with Gurbani examples..

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Naam Simran as per my current understanding of Gurbani – ChazSingh

Post one – Grace of Waheguru,

without which Naam Simran is not possible…no matter how hard we try as self willed manmukhs

The true Love, the urge, the thirst to seek Waheguru comes from Waheguru…this is Gurparsaad…
as self willed manmukhs we cannot find our Sahib with our own will...only when Waheguru wills it and glances His grace will our ‘real’ Simran towards Remembering Naam begin…
If we are genuinely interested, with Love as our motivation…it will happen…
Guru Ji Speaks to the Mind…the Mind is the Sikh…the mind needs to seek, the mind immerses in Waheguru within one’s own being..

p.39

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:

the world is polluted with the filth of egotism, suffering in pain. This filth sticks to them because of their love of duality.
- I’m currently here…filth sticks to me!

This filth of egotism cannot be washed away, even by taking cleansing baths at hundreds of sacred shrines.
Performing all sorts of rituals, people are smeared with twice as much filth.

- I’ve done this, taken cleansing baths at places of worship…did it help…I don’t know…I’m still affected by Maya constantly

This filth is not removed by studying. Go ahead, and ask the wise ones.

- Very obvious..realised pretty early on…must read, try to understand and put what I understand into practice.

The self-willed manmukhs have grown weary of chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, but their filth cannot be removed. ||1||Pause||

- Again describes me…when I first started doing Simran, and chanting Waheguru or any shabad within Gurbani…I grew weary…I was still engrossed in lust, drinking, taking drugs, partying…what were my intentions for doing Simran…and seeking Him…
- Waheguru the knower of all, must have have known my true intentions...

With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.

- Exactly…learned this very early on…

- So Naam is obtained…who is the giver? Sure this states that True Naam Simran can only Begin when Naam is impanted by Waheguru Himself…Gurparsaad…

The filthy, self-willed manmukhs die in filth, and they depart in disgrace.

By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to abide in the mind, and the filth of egotism is dispelled.
Like a lamp lit in the darkness, the spiritual wisdom of the Guru dispels ignorance

- I started to understand that my life was a bit of a mess, and if I kept going as I was I would never be in the right frame of mind to Seek Waheguru…my Ardaas asking for His Grace was the most important at this stage…it had to be from the heart…Where He is…I Cannot Fool Him..

I have done this, and I will do that - I am an idiotic fool for saying this!
I have forgotten the Doer of all; I am caught in the love of duality.

- He is the Doer…we must not forget this…Hence why Ardaas is so important…

here is no pain as great as the pain of Maya; it drives people to wander all around the world, until they become exhausted.
Through the Guru's Teachings, peace is found, with the True Name enshrined in the heart.
I am a sacrifice to those who meet and merge with the Lord.
This mind is attuned to devotional worship; through the True Word of Gurbani, it finds its own home.

With the mind so imbued, and the tongue imbued as well, sing the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.
O Nanak, never forget the Naam; immerse yourself in the True One.

- The mind and Tongue need to be imbued…connecting to Shabad in this way…and through His Grace, our Jap is fruitful, and the mind will start to remember it’s true origin…looking within…where Waheguru already resides…

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Post 2 – My Mind is Currently immersing itself through the 9 doors of the Body

interacting with the physical world through the 9 doors of the body I live
Self explanatory…describes my life…

p.155

Gauree Chaytee, First Mehl:
there are five of them, but I am all alone. How can I protect my hearth and home, O my mind?
they are beating and plundering me over and over again; unto whom can I complain? ||1||
Chant the Name of the Supreme Lord, O my mind.
Otherwise, in the world hereafter, you will have to face the awesome and cruel army of Death. ||1||Pause||
God has erected the temple of the body; He has placed the nine doors, and the soul-bride sits within.
She enjoys the sweet play again and again, while the five demons are plundering her. ||2||
In this way, the temple is being demolished; the body is being plundered, and the soul-bride, left all alone, is captured.
Death strikes her down with his rod, the shackles are placed around her neck, and now the five have left. ||3||
The wife yearns for gold and silver, and her friends, the senses, yearn for good food.
O Nanak, she commits sins for their sake; she shall go, bound and gagged, to the City of Death. ||4||2||14||

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Post 3 –WHAT!!! Theres a 10th DOOR hidden within me? Holy Cow! Can my Mind find it? How!???

Sounds crazy but hey…that’s what Gurbani Says… :) … is this how I can get to a state of real Naam Simran?
Realising now, that I want to seek Waheguru because I want to know if this Shizzle is real? Who Is Waheguru, What is Waheguru…Who am i? Is Waheguru hearing my calls...does he feel my yearning…

p.922 (very long shabad so copied a section)

And what actions have you committed, O my body, since you came into this world?
The Lord who formed your form - you have not enshrined that Lord in your mind.
By Guru's Grace, the Lord abides within the mind, and one's pre-ordained destiny is fulfilled.
Says Nanak, this body is adorned and honored, when one's consciousness is focused on the True Guru. ||35||

- Focus Consciousness on the True Guru….intesting

O my eyes, the Lord has infused His Light into you; do not look upon any other than the Lord.
Do not look upon any other than the Lord; the Lord alone is worthy of beholding.
This whole world which you see is the image of the Lord; only the image of the Lord is seen.
By Guru's Grace, I understand, and I see only the One Lord; there is no one except the Lord.
Says Nanak, these eyes were blind; but meeting the True Guru, they became all-seeing. ||36||

- Eyes became all seeing …. Interesting…

O my ears, you were created only to hear the Truth.
To hear the Truth, you were created and attached to the body; listen to the True Bani.
Hearing it, the mind and body are rejuvenated, and the tongue is absorbed in Ambrosial Nectar.

- To speak and Listen to His Bani…when one is focussing their consciousness on it…is this parroting?
Surely not… J

The True Lord is unseen and wondrous; His state cannot be described.
Says Nanak, listen to the Ambrosial Naam and become holy; you were created only to hear the Truth. ||37|| ~
The Lord placed the soul to the cave of the body, and blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body.
He blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body, and revealed the nine doors; but He kept the Tenth Door hidden.

- A TENTH HIDDEN DOOR…HOLY CRAP! … gets me excited…motivates me…where is it?

Through the Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate, some are blessed with loving faith, and the Tenth Door is revealed to them.

- Ahh so it gets revealed!! By Waheguru…

There are many images of the Lord, and the nine treasures of the Naam; His limits cannot be found.
Says Nanak, the Lord placed the soul to the cave of the body, and blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body. ||38||

Sing this true song of praise in the true home of your soul.
Sing the song of praise in your true home; meditate there on the True Lord forever.
They alone meditate on You, O True Lord, who are pleasing to Your Will; as Gurmukh, they understand.

- Ahhh, so I must Sing his True Songs of Praise within my own Being..my body, my mind…

- And FOCUS my Consciousness on it

- I really hope I am pleasing to his Will…I will continue to Meditate on Him (Focussing my Consciousness)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: