• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism And Fortune Telling

Oct 15, 2006
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Akashdeep Singh Jee!

Thanks for the wonderful references from the Gurus.

"aaNt saytee naak pakrheh soojh-tay tin lo-a."
"magar paachhai kachh na soojhai ayhu padam alo-a." SGGS 663-1
"One holds the nose with his two fingers and thumb
and claims to see three worlds. But it is very astonishing
that he does not know what is behind his back."

I am not sure if this Vaak is about an astrologer. Please explain why did you interpret it so.

Akashdeep Singh: This quote is pertaining to the practice of the people who used to hold their breath by squeezing their nose and claim that they can see the 3 worlds like this and tell what is happening/going to happen. They were "future predictors" of one kind. Gurbani ridicules such people by saying that they claim of seeing the 3 worlds when they cannot even tell what is right behind their back.

"gan gan jotak kaaNdee keenee."
"parhai sunaavai tat na cheenee."
"sabhsai oopar gur sabad beechaar."
"hor kathnee bada-o na saglee chhaar." SGGS 904-13
Astrologer counts and recounts and prepare the horoscope.
Then he reads it to his clients, but he does not recognize the essence.
The highest of all is the contemplation of the way of Sabad.
Other deliberations are all ashes.

Guru Nanak Dev Jee is suggesting that contemplation of the Sabad is above all activity. Why some understand that rejecting and hating a science like astrology is most important from the above Sabad. Please explain it.

Akashdeep Singh: Yes contemplation on "sabad" is being referred to here as higher than involving any such activity like getting horoscopes prepared. I don't think astrology a perfect science. If every thing is fixed and predetermined, what is the role of the humans? My belief is that this cosmos is knitted into a "Hukam" which can be perceived like a very large mathematical equation with a lot of variables representing the fields whose values are determined by human acts. The RHS of the equation could be perceived as the output of your life. What (if any) could be the limits of this equation? I guess this is a long long time question to ponder. I guess for now it seems that even if you try your best you cannot perceivably put the values in the variables so that you life end up in another universe :roll:. .......

"man kee patree vaachnee sukhee hoo sukh saar."
"so baraahman bhalaa aakhee-ai je boojhai barahm beechaar." SGGS 1093-19.
Read the horoscope of your mind to find the highest joy of the joys.
The one, who resolves Brhama-contemplation, calls him the noble Brahman.

All true Sikhs should follow the Guru's suggestion. They should learn to read the horoscope of mind.

Akashdeep Singh: It would be wrong to take the word "horoscope" in the quote above in a strict literary sense. Punjabi is in general a metaphorical language and one can note that in day to day language. The above quote suggests to be honor your mind and contemplate to find what would be the "real joy". Off course! that is being god like or knowing the slightest truth pertaining to Akaal and living accordingly.

Quote "Now my question for your concience - If fortune - telling is possible than would not that mean that your future is pretty much already fixed and decided?"
Please ponder. Gurdev is singing.
"jo kichh paa-i-aa so aykaa vaar." SGGS 7-5.
Whatever HE puts, that is for once.

Akashdeep Singh: Yes, but do not perceive it in a way that Akaal has already fixed what you get in your life and what you do not. There is no micro-managing of your life done whatsoever. We are living under the "Hukam" and that "Hukam" drives the path of your life according to what you input to the "Hukam".

Its appears correct to think though, that "Hukam" is what you cannot change. Being not able/allowed to change the "law" does not mean that it is pre-decided whether you will abide by it to live in unison with the law or will violate it. Why would Akaal be interested in producing "passive" organisms whose acts/future is already known? This would be a boring show for Akaal as well, ... isn't it? :roll:

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Please obtain a book"Seekers Path"by Sohan Singh for more detailed study of japji Sahib in English. In conclusion,to live our lives in accordance with HUKAM,we must reject dependence on other things including astrology even if it is correct. Kirpal Singh

Mr.Kirpal Singh Ji, Can you advise me how can I get copy of above Book written by Sohan Singh and oblige.
Regards Sahni Mohinder

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Quote "Now my question for your conscience - If fortune - telling is possible than would not that mean that your future is pretty much already fixed and decided?"

Astrology is a science in its own right. It is due to lack of understanding that it is being ridiculed today. Time and again I see people making bland statements on issues like Yoga and Astrology. Are we denying that the Moon has no impact on the Earth. If Moon can impact the behavioural changes of humans then the other planets in the solar system too can have a similar impact. A typical example is when the moon in transit goes through the house where planet mars is situated in ones horoscope the respective female has her periods. Her period (for a healthy woman) lasts for at least @ 2.25 days and then they subside. This is because the moon stays in one house for approximately that time. This is a well known fact.

With reference to the above question, ones “Hukam” is written with oneself at the time of birth. Bani confirms that. Indeed ones Hukam and fortune are fixed for the term based on your past karmas. Your family surroundings are chosen where you will do your Dharm di Kamai for payback. You can exercise the choice if you want to obey the Hukam or not. The science of astrology allows one to predict (a very accurate prediction up to 98%) ones future. All cannot be predictive as some cards are in the hands of the divine.

Guru ji have ridiculed the wrongful use of this art just as the misuse of Yoga to misguide innocent people and lead them astray. Guru ji has rightfully said that "sabhsai oopar gur sabad beechaar." But that is only true for the one who really follows Gurus teachings with Tann and Mann.

If one seriously follows Gurus teaching then astrology is secondry. Having said that Guru ji has implemented some of the remedial actions as part of the Sikhs life style.

Lets first look at what the astrologer asks you to do. (a serious Astrologer)

Dhaan to the poor – A Sikh is to take out Dasband for the needy.
Visit a Holy Shrine – A Sikh is to visit and pay respect to our Guru Daily.
Seva at the Gurudwara or an elderly couple also forms part of the remedial. Etc.

All this without the worry of some pandit manipulating money out of you under false pretences.

Guru Pyaareo!! Please take your blind folds off if you wish to progress in your spirituality. Do not create a fence around you and for those innocent victims that happen to browse through this site.

Ekmusafir_ajnabi

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
The Lines on the hands have to do with this body and not the Mann.

think of it as a driver and a car. the car is leased and will have to be returned. it is preordained where it will go, the car is mostly controlled by the 5 thieves ,accidents and sratches and the Paint Job is all up to God.

the driver will have to answer for the toughts he takes.
"Lehke Vat Chalaye, Lekhe Sun Vekao || Lekhe Sah Lavaie ,Parie Ke Puchan Jao" meaning everything is recorded what you think when you are going on the road and what you are listen to. you have ability to ignore what a person is saying if it is Ninda. "Lekhe Sah Lavaie" your every breathe is written after you have taken it what will you get from asking a educated person?
you should visit Prabh Milne Ka Chao or Simran.info these sites have very usefull infomation on how to live your life in accordance with what the Gurbani Guru is telling us. Rehat MArida is unclear and has been distorted because man wrote it not the Guru. the Guru is telling us to Follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and pray to Waheguru with every breathe.

Jan 6, 2007
UK

The Lines on the hands have to do with this body and not the Mann.

But look closely at them. They change with your progress. If the left hand matches that on the right in terms of lines then you have been obeying your “Hukam” , otherwise not. Check your own progress.

think of it as a driver and a car. the car is leased and will have to be returned. it is preordained where it will go, at what speed and what it will encounter accidents and sratches and the Paint Job is all up to God.

The car is indeed leased but there is no binding on the condition in which it has to be returned. The journey is preordained but the speed is not. You only get one full tank of fuel. If this car is not driven well it may not reach its preordained destiny. It is all down to the driver how he operates it. That is the choice given. The speed of travel is again in the hands of the driver but what is more important is, Do you understand the route?. If the route is not understood and you are also a new driver, like a lost sheep you keep following another, you will end up going round in circles because the other is lost too and run out of both fuel and time. This is the way present Sikhi is going.

If you are a wise driver and know your limitations and your “Hukam” (route), you will travel further each time and not waste time on following others imaginations.

the driver will have to answer for the toughs he takes.
"Lehke Vat Chalaye, Lekhe Sun Vekao || Lekhe Sah Lavaie ,Parie Ke Puchan Jao" meaning everything is recorded what you think when you are going on the road and what you are listen to. you have ability to ignore what a person is saying if it is Ninda. "Lekhe Sah Lavaie" your every breathe is written after you have taken it what will you get from asking a educated person?

The driver is indeed answerable.

Sirīrāg mehlā 1.Lėkẖai bolaṇ bolṇā lėkẖai kẖāṇā kẖā­o.Lėkẖai vāt cẖalā­ī­ā lėkẖai suṇ vėkẖā­o.Lėkẖai sāh lavā­ī­ahi paṛė ke pucẖẖaṇ jā­o. ||1||

Siree Raag, First Mehl:As it is pre-ordained, people speak their words. As it is pre-ordained, they consume their food.As it is pre-ordained, they walk along the way. As it is pre-ordained, they see and hear.As it is pre-ordained, they draw their breath. Why should I go and ask the scholars about this? ||1||
The above is our ideal. This is true for one who understands his “Hukam”. But there is also a choice give to the human species that one exercises individually by the order of the five vices

The journey is a very long one. But if you feel lost (due to the illusion of Maya) on your journey do you not stop and ask someone for confirmation. Now thereafter it is up to you if you believe in the advice or not but the facility is provided by nature. Information is available on the route you are travelling. It is your luck if you get a good informative. Our life is pre-ordained, I agree but we also have the choice to take a shortcut based on our understanding of Gurus message. That is If we can understand it.

……….everything is recorded what you think when you are going on the road and what you are listen to.

This has no impact on your present journey. And yes, You have the choice to ignore all advice if you wish. But Ninda can be a blessing in disguise. Feel free to do as much Ninda of me as you or anyones elses heart desires. Ninda cuts down the difficulties, the cob-webs in ones journey. Ninda tells you where you stand, it is a check of your progress. If one is disturbed by Ninda then one is still Egoistic.
Incidently ones count of breath is pre-determined i.e. decided before it is taken (Hukam is preset). Now it is down to you if you want to extend the duration by the assistance of Yoga if your remaining journey is short and you do not wish to come back and start all over with a new body. The facility is there use it or abuse it. Charges will be made for this service. (This is the service that the Yogis abused).

you should visit Prabh Milne Ka Chao or Simran.info these sites have very usefull infomation on how to live your life in accordance with what the Gurbani Guru is telling us. Rehat MArida is unclear and has been distorted because man wrote it not the Guru. the Guru is telling us to Follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and pray to Waheguru with every breathe

Firstly, If one is still developing the Chao and have not started the journey then it is a sad state of affairs. And secondly, are these instructions from one who has achieved that state or is that his projection of another traveller. Just as the Rehat Maryada is Human based and distorted so can the projections of Simran.info. Do you have full faith in him? One needs to remove the cob-webs (our preconceptions) out of ones mind and not introduce new inhabitants. Just follow your heart and do Naam Simran with love and faith and realise yourself. It is all within you.

I think enough is said here.

Ekmusafir_ajnabi

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
Sirīrāg mehlā 1.Lėkẖai bolaṇ bolṇā lėkẖai kẖāṇā kẖā­o.Lėkẖai vāt cẖalā­ī­ā lėkẖai suṇ vėkẖā­o.Lėkẖai sāh lavā­ī­ahi paṛė ke pucẖẖaṇ jā­o. ||1||

Siree Raag, First Mehl:As it is pre-ordained, people speak their words. As it is pre-ordained, they consume their food.As it is pre-ordained, they walk along the way. As it is pre-ordained, they see and hear.As it is pre-ordained, they draw their breath. Why should I go and ask the scholars about this? ||1||
here is the 1st problem.
you have misunderstood the Guru. Lekhe is refering to being written , as your SWAS is written when you talk walk eat. The question is where is your MANN at this time. The Gurbani most of the time is talking to our Mann. and this Salok is not refering people but it addresses you- "Baba Maya Rachna Doh" and " Jithe Beh Samjaiye" where your accounts of your Swas are examined.

because this was translated by someone who read the Gurbani Guru liike a text book and did not do simran and practically follow the methods the Guru tells us they are unable to properly translate it.
if you were to read this Salok further comes "Ande Nam Visarie Nah Tis eh Na Oh " again they are telling you what to do.
in another Chapter the Guru Ji says "Lik Nam Likh Salah Lik Lik Ant na Paravar || Baba eh Lehke Lik Jan, Jithe Lekha Mangie Thithe Hoi Sacha Nishan, Jite Mile Vadia Sad Kushia Sad CHOA"
meaning that your should write Nam and speak of the qualities of Godand they are also telling how often to write it "Likh ANt na Paravar" ther should be no end to your writing this with your every breathe,
Baba- you should know that when your time is up where your Lekhe will be weighed and you will be get what you deserve. if you wrote Nam and did Simran and Jap and Path then it clearly states you will be rewarded. this is how the Game goes.

The journey is a very long one. But if you feel lost (due to the illusion of Maya) on your journey do you not stop and ask someone for confirmation.
second this Salok is refering to why ask someone that doen't know himself a Tregun Scholar that his will have to answer himeself where he spendth his breath.
There are other Tuks where the Guru Says to do Sangat to gain knowlege of this and learn how to Write in accordance to the Guru.

Also the journey in the foreign country can be as long as Waheguru will it to be for some a day other a jug. what you meant probably is your Journey has BEEN a long one. you have traveled through 3 Jug and this is now the 4th and Final. so make it worth it.

The Jamm will comefor you and weigh your accounts. "Ayi Katin Doot Jam Lenna , Kia Te Katia Kia Gavaia Chal Sitab DIwan Bulaya"

" NINDA "

i would like to consider that i try to fully understand the Gurbani and not jump to conclusions. what i say is carefully weighed because my Guru Says "Sagal Bolan Ke Mahi Vichar" think before you speak. you obviously have something against me or are just bored this can be deducted from the tone of your article.

Ninda is a very big SIN and the GURU tells us " Ninda Bhalli Kise Ki Nahi."
and " Jis NAr ki Dubida Nah JAi Dharam Rai DIs De Sajai" you understand That Waheguru is within every one and everything is his Doing and Creation then to speak badly of it is counted against you.

and the Guru says what will happen to those "Nanak Fika Bolie, DHan Man Fika Hoi." speaking badly you body and mind is polluted.
"Fika Moork Akia , Bhanna Le Sajai" - The fool takes a punishment for speaking filth

i think you should read the gurbani more. and go into Siege and then Vichar it to fully understand.

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki FAteh.

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
Also the Fact that you Said the Hukam is on these Lines should be NOTEd.

The Guru Ji says the Hukam is Nam."Eko Nam Hukam He Satgur Dia bujai Jio"

and the Hukam is Within Us. " Nau Nid Antar Prabh Ka Nam dehi Me is Ka Bisram."

"Jo Brahmande Soi Pinde Jo Koje So Pave" What is out in the Universes is within this body. those who search (by Guru's methods) will find this.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Adeep646 Jee!

Quote "Ninda is a very big SIN and the GURU tells us ' Ninda Bhalli Kise Ki Nahi.'
and ' Jis NAr ki Dubida Nah JAi Dharam Rai DIs De Sajai' you understand That Waheguru is within every one and everything is his Doing and Creation then to speak badly of it is counted against you."
May I ask why they should train Sikhs to do Ninda of astrology (vidya) and astrologers?
Everybody is running his business on earth according to God's WILL. One should not envy others.

Please ponder. These are the words from Gurdev about a virtuous and wise astrologer.
"aa-i-aa lagan ganaa-ay hirdai Dhan omaahee-aa bal raam jee-o."
The calculated moment has come. That overfills heart with wealth Bali Raam jee-o.

"pandit paaDhay aan patee bahi vaachaa-ee-aa bal raam jee-o."
The Pandits and astrologers have come, to sit and consult the almanac Bali Raam jee-o.

"patee vaachaa-ee man vajee vaDhaa-ee jab saajan sunay ghar aa-ay."
They consult the horoscope. Congratulations sounded in mind when Saajan heard coming home.

"gunee gi-aanee bahi mataa pakaa-i-aa fayray tat divaa-ay." SGGS 773-14.
The virtuous and wise men sat and decided to do the marriage immediately.

No one should miss the chance of consulting the virtuous and wise men, in my experience.

Balbir Singh

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
This is the same problem with the last guy. this person that has translated the Gurbani into English is mistakened. Please do not take everything that is translated into English as true meaning word for word.
Bani can only be understood by a Gurmukh " Bani Virlo Vichar Si je Koi Gurmukh Hoi"

if you want to undertand what is written goto Simra.info or Prabhmilnekachao.com these to sites give the Akath Katha. but you must listen to all the Katha properly. i have decided to limit my time on this site because it takes away from my personal duties. thefore limiting the anwsers. go to the site to learn.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Quote:
Sirīrāg mehlā 1.Lėkẖai bolaṇ bolṇā lėkẖai kẖāṇā kẖā­o.Lėkẖai vāt cẖalā­ī­ā lėkẖai suṇ vėkẖā­o.Lėkẖai sāh lavā­ī­ahi paṛė ke pucẖẖaṇ jā­o. ||1||Siree Raag, First Mehl:As it is pre-ordained, people speak their words. As it is pre-ordained, they consume their food.As it is pre-ordained, they walk along the way. As it is pre-ordained, they see and hear.As it is pre-ordained, they draw their breath. Why should I go and ask the scholars about this? ||1||

here is the 1st problem.
you have misunderstood the Guru. Lekhe is refering to being written , as your SWAS is written when you talk walk eat. The question is where is your MANN at this time. The Gurbani most of the time is talking to our Mann. and this Salok is not refering people but it addresses you- "Baba Maya Rachna Doh" and " Jithe Beh Samjaiye" where your accounts of your Swas are examined.

I feel indebted to you for pointing out my weaknesses. I concur with you that “ one who has not done enough Simran and practically followed the methods the Guru tells us they are unable to properly translate it.” And I also agree with you that the quotes I put forward ware not translated correctly. My sincere apologies for that. I accept my error.
Having said that, I totally disagree with your interpretations as well.
Lekhe is refering to being written. RUBBISH
lyKY = Lekhai has been written (Do laam - Past tense)
ilK y = Likhe being written (Ek laam - Present tense)

I am afraid veer ji you Viakaran is Very POOR. (Please do not give up your full time job)
Kwxw Kwau = khannaKhau (Past tense) will eat food. suix vyKwa = Sunn Vekhau (Past tense) will hear. vwt clweIAw = Vaat Challeya (Past tense) the way it has been instigated.
lyKY bolxu bolxw lyKY Kwxw Kwau ]
As it is pre-ordained, he will speak the words (his speech) and as it is pre-ordained, he will consume the food.
You may substitute “I” or “You” in place of “He” if it suits you.
bwbw mwieAw rcnw Dohu ]
O Brother, the splendour of Maya is deceptive.
jIvx mrxw jwie kY eyQY KwjY kwil ] ijQY bih smJweIAY iqQY koie n cilE nwil] rovx vwly jyqVy siB bMnih pMf prwil ]2]

From birth to death you have here pursued you life collecting worldly things. Where (in this world) I sit and explain to you that nothing goes along with you hereafter. Those who weep and wail might just as well all tie a bundle of straw. ||2||

Your must learn to read and understand bani in the right context. It is quite clear from the above what message Guru ji is giving us.

because this was translated by someone who read the Gurbani Guru liike a text book and did not do simran and practically follow the methods the Guru tells us they are unable to properly translate it.
if you were to read this Salok further comes "Ande Nam Visarie Nah Tis eh Na Oh " again they are telling you what to do.

Need I say more, my explanation above speaks for itself.

in another Chapter the Guru Ji says "Lik Nam Likh Salah Lik Lik Ant na Paravar || Baba eh Lehke Lik Jan, Jithe Lekha Mangie Thithe Hoi Sacha Nishan, Jite Mile Vadia Sad Kushia Sad CHOA"
meaning that your should write Nam and speak of the qualities of Godand they are also telling how often to write it "Likh ANt na Paravar" ther should be no end to your writing this with your every breathe,
Baba- you should know that when your time is up where your Lekhe will be weighed and you will be get what you deserve. if you wrote Nam and did Simran and Jap and Path then it clearly states you will be rewarded. this is how the Game goes.

jwil mohu Gis msu kir miq kwgdu kir swru ] Bwau klm kir icqu lyKwrI gur puiC ilKu bIcwru ] ilKu nwmu swlwh ilKu ilKu AMqu n pwrwvwru ]1]
Burn your emotional attachment, and grind it into ink, transform your intelligence into the purest of paper.Make the love of the Lord your pen, mind the scribe and write God's deliberation after consulting the Guru. Pen down the praises of God's Name and write over and over again that “He has no end and limit”.
bwbw eyhu lyKw iliK jwxu ] ijQY lyKw mMgIAY iqQY hoie scw nIswxu ]1] rhwau ]
O Brother, learn how to write this account, where this account is called for, it will serve as a True Mark. ||1||Pause||
You have confused yourself here again. Read everything in the right context and not a tukh from here and there like the ………………..chap you keep advertising and make up an impressive story. I can already see the damaging results in you thoughts. Note how confused you are.
Here Guru ji is telling us how to live our “Hukam” and not to write one.
(Dhanne Dhanne te Mohar Lagge Aunde Hai. Khaan Vele Nahi Lagde)

I can see you are trying to indirectly answer my question on Saas Giraas. Please do not strain yourself. It is beyond you. And a player who has not player this game yet cannot advise the other.

Quote:
The journey is a very long one. But if you feel lost (due to the illusion of Maya) on your journey do you not stop and ask someone for confirmation.

second this Salok is refering to why ask someone that doen't know himself a Tregun Scholar that his will have to answer himeself where he spendth his breath.
There are other Tuks where the Guru Says to do Sangat to gain knowlege of this and learn how to Write in accordance to the Guru.

Also the journey in the foreign country can be as long as Waheguru will it to be for some a day other a jug. what you meant probably is your Journey has BEEN a long one. you have traveled through 3 Jug and this is now the 4th and Final. so make it worth it.

The Jamm will comefor you and weigh your accounts. "Ayi Katin Doot Jam Lenna , Kia Te Katia Kia Gavaia Chal Sitab DIwan Bulaya"

Delving into responding the above is futile. You are lost the plot.

" NINDA "

i would like to consider that i try to fully understand the Gurbani and not jump to conclusions. what i say is carefully weighed because my Guru Says "Sagal Bolan Ke Mahi Vichar" think before you speak. you obviously have something against me or are just bored this can be deducted from the tone of your article.

Understanding comes with the Grace of God and is also pre-ordained. Keep practising you have a long way to go. Until such time sit and learn. Let me make this clear, I do not have anything against anyone. If you feel that way then it is your weakness and Yes I was rather getting bored driving your car anology.

Ninda is a very big SIN and the GURU tells us " Ninda Bhalli Kise Ki Nahi."
and " Jis NAr ki Dubida Nah JAi Dharam Rai DIs De Sajai" you understand That Waheguru is within every one and everything is his Doing and Creation then to speak badly of it is counted against you.

and the Guru says what will happen to those "Nanak Fika Bolie, DHan Man Fika Hoi." speaking badly you body and mind is polluted.
"Fika Moork Akia , Bhanna Le Sajai" - The fool takes a punishment for speaking filth.

I agree with the above. But No Ninda is being done on you. I am trying to correct your mistakes and mis-understanding. Actually I am in search of a True Gursikh but everytime I come across a claimant I just find a sheep under a Lions furcoat.No hard feelings. Know the Game first, Do not pretend to know it. One has less chances to deceive the other but most often one deceives himself without realising that he is doing it. First know thyself, know the five thiefs that puts one up to this mischielf and then you will see and understand the true path. I am not saying this, this is the Essence of Gurbani.

i think you should read the gurbani more. and go into Siege and then Vichar it to fully understand.

And yes I will take your advice. I am wasting my time here and can be doing something better for myself for a change.

And I recipricate the same to you.

I am leaving some translations for you. Please ponder over them. If you wish.

Page 15

isrIrwgu mhlw 1 ]

Siree Raag, First Mehl:

lyKY bolxu bolxw lyKY Kwxw Kwau ] lyKY vwt clweIAw lyKY suix vyKwau] lyKY swh lvweIAih pVy ik puCx jwau]
As it is pre-ordained, he will speak the words (his speech) and as it is pre-ordained, he will consume the food. As it is pre-ordained, his life journey will proceed and as it is pre-ordained, he will hear and see. As it is pre-ordained, he will breathe. What would he go and ask the scholar? ||1||

bwbw mwieAw rcnw Dohu ] AMDY nwmu ivswirAw nw iqsu eyh n Ehu ] 1] rhwau ]
O Baba, the splendor of Maya is deceptive. The blind (spiritually) man has forgotten God's Name (whilst absorbed in the splendour of Maya); He neither abides in peace in this world nor in the next. Pause.

jIvx mrxw jwie kY eyQY KwjY kwil ] ijQY bih smJweIAY iqQY koie n cilE nwil] rovx vwly jyqVy siB bMnih pMf prwil ]2]
From birth to death you have pursued you life collecting worldly things. Where (in this world) I sit and explain to you that nothing goes along with you hereafter. Those who weep and wail might just as well all tie a bundle of straw. ||2||

sBu ko AwKY bhuqu bhuqu Git n AwKY koie ] kImiq iknY n pweIAw khix n vfw hoie ] swcw swhbu eyku qU hoir jIAw kyqy loA ] 3]
All are asking for more and more, none is asking for less. None has ascertained the worth of his giving. No one becomes great by ones own confession. You are the One True Lord and Master of all the other beings, of so many worlds. ||3||

(By asking for more and more (begging from God) no one has ever been satisfied. How much God gives us no one has ever put a price on it. A beggar can never call himself rich)

nIcw AMdir nIc jwiq nIcI hU Aiq nIcu ] nwnku iqn kY sMig swiQ vifAw isau ikAw rIs ] ijQY nIc smwlIAin iqQY ndir qyrI bKsIs ]4]3]
The lowest among the low caste, rather the lowest of the low. Nanak seeks the company of those. Why should he rival the great? In such a place Where the lowly are cared for, there the Blessings of Your Glance of Grace rains down. ||4||3||

Page 16 SGGS
isrIrwgu mhlu 1 ]
Siree Raag, First Mehl:
jwil mohu Gis msu kir miq kwgdu kir swru ] Bwau klm kir icqu lyKwrI gur puiC ilKu bIcwru ] ilKu nwmu swlwh ilKu ilKu AMqu n pwrwvwru ]1]
Burn your emotional attachment, and grind it into ink, transform your intelligence into the purest of paper.Make the love of the Lord your pen, mind the scribe and write God's deliberation after consulting the Guru. Pen down the praises of God's Name and write over and over again that “He has no end and limit”.
bwbw eyhu lyKw iliK jwxu ] ijQY lyKw mMgIAY iqQY hoie scw nIswxu ]1] rhwau ]
O Brother, learn how to write this account, where this account is called for, it will serve as a True Mark. ||1||Pause||
ijQY imlih vifAweIAw sd KusIAw sd cwau ] iqn muiK itky inklih ijn min scw nwau ] krim imlY qw pweIAY nwhI glI vwau duAwau ]2]
There, where greatness, eternal peace and everlasting joy are bestowed, the faces of those are anointed with the Mark of Grace whose minds are attuned to the True Name. Such honors are bestowed by Grace of God (on one who has earned the Grace) and not by idle words. ||2||
ieik Awvih ieik jwih auiT rKIAih nwv slwr ] ieik aupwey mMgqy ieknw vfy drvwr ] AgY gieAw jwxIAY ivxu nwvY vykwr ]3]
One comes (takes birth), and one departs (dies), even the one who gives himself a high status. Some are born beggars, and some into with high status (Rich family). By going to the world beyond hereafter, one shall realize that without the Naam, it is all useless. ||3||
BY qyrY fru Aglw Kip Kip iCjY dyh ] nwv ijnw sulqwn Kwn hody ifTy Kyh ] nwnk auTI cilAw siB kUVy quty nyh ]4]6]
In fear of your wrath I am terrified and my body is wasting away.Those who are known as Sultans and Khans, I have seen them being reduced to dust in the end.Nanak says, when the mortal rises to depart (from this world), all the false affections are sundered.|4||6||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM