• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair On Their Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

Dear Sir,

10th Master ordered that after his death the Guru for ever will be Sabd Guru (AGGS). The individual who started the thread asked the question about the reference of hair in AGGS. So I responded to it. Your response shows its sensitivity and I have no desire to go in to this sensitive and decisive argument.

Please I refer to my post Argument posted last night as by arguing we can get no where so this thread fom my side is closed as said by Guru Nanak;

ਵਾਦਿ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਲਾ ॥ਮਨੁ ਦੇ ਪਾਵਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ॥ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਦੁਹੇਲਾ ॥

vāḏ ahaʼnkār nāhī parabẖ mėlā. Man ḏė pāvahi nām suhėlā. Ḏūjai bẖā¬ė agi¬ān ḏuhėlā.

Union with God is not obtained by arguments and egotism. But by dedicating the mind to Guru one obtains Naam and peace. In the love of duality and ignorance, you shall suffer.
-----Guru Nanak, Raag Gauri, AGGS, Page, 226-8

Regards.

Virinder

The Tenth Nanak gave Guruship to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and then gave the Panj Pyare authority to make decisions aswell. Some people deny this last point because they don't like the Khalsa.

My response does show the sentivity, but it also shows the flaw in your reasoning. Its either you say the Khalsa and keeping of hair is important or say that the Khalsa (includes the Punj Pyare) and keeping of the hair is not important. If you choose the latter then that would make it, the Tenth Nanak Hukams are useless to you and anyone that agrees with you. And if you say Khalsa has gone obsolete then you are ignoring what is going on in the world and Guru sahib saying Khalsa is my form. The Tenth Nanak is the same as Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and if the Tenth Nanak said Khalsa is my form then Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is in agreement here. Further the first Jathedar of Dami Dam Taksal after Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji wrote Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji was Baba Deep Singh ji; a Khalsa. If Guru Sahib was just using Khalsa for the duration of that time then he would have appointed a person that did not take Amrit and made Baba Deep Singh ji the army general. This isn't the case, Guru Sahib called the Khalsa Panth Saint Soldiers they take care of both aspects of Sikhi.

The Khalsa Panth and Sikhs identity was needed then and is needed now because people are falling victim to hate crimes, simply because of wearing of the Dastar. People are giving up the Sikh identity because society doesn't accept it as a norm. Its hard to get a job. You are not accepted in society as a human being. Having the identity is fight against the oppressors and wearing Guru Sahibs identity proudly without any insecurity's.

Sikhs have identity and that is with hair uncut. As Bhai Lehna was instructed by Guru Nanak Dev ji he did. The Tenth Nanak instructed Sikhs to keep hair then EVERY Sikh must follow this Hukam.

Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

Dear Members,

IMHO institutionalizing a religion or setting up own rules through Hukamnamas or Fatwas is to "CONTROL".
Each human is free to find his answers by looking with in.

Virinder

A human can do as they wish, they have full autonomy here. A Sikh of the Guru has to obey to the Hukams. Otherwise what makes you different from a human being; there is no reason for you to call yourself a Sikh then. A Sikh has a separate identity than a human being, but a Sikh still treats everyone equally. There is a difference from being a human being and being a Sikh. A Sikh is beyond just being a human.

Gyani ji it is not splitting hairs their hair removal was a ritual mine and many others is not.your right it does evoke alot more emotion than id expected.

Let's put it this way it is a ritual because its a useless act. There is no need to cut the hair, unless for medical reasons. For a Sikh cutting of the hair is a wrong doing because of the disobey of the Hukam.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

A human can do as they wish, they have full autonomy here. A Sikh of the Guru has to obey to the Hukams. Otherwise what makes you different from a human being; there is no reason for you to call yourself a Sikh then. A Sikh has a separate identity than a human being, but a Sikh still treats everyone equally. There is a difference from being a human being and being a Sikh. A Sikh is beyond just being a human.

Singh ji I don't think you mean that a Sikh is different from a human being.

Singh ji I don't think you mean that a Sikh is different from a human being.

You forgot the last sentence that completes this statement. Here I'll present again how it was siad

There is a difference from being a human being and being a Sikh. A Sikh is beyond just being a human.

It say we go beyond than just being a human being. Key word Beyond. So from a human being because a SIkh goes beyond he/she is different.

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Amasing discovery a totally new life form. Dear Singh ji I am no less an English man because i dont wear the uniform of its armed forces. and I am no less a servant of God because I dont wear the uniform of the Khalsa. What you have just said implies that you think a member of the Khalsa is better than the rest of the human race, Yet the khalsa where formed to protect the right to worship God what ever the religion. If you can prove that hair will make me more spiritual and would help me please God then I would let my hair grow, but as yet there has been no prove to substain your arguement, It is not written in the SGGS, the only referrence to the removal or the growing of is about those that do so thinking it will cleanse their soul or bring them closer to God. I do not think that either way the growing off or the removing off will effect my love for God. Hair is dead as soon as it leaves the folical, it is supplied with neither blood nor nerves, it gets no energy or protien both essential for life. I am told that I should grow my hair and wear a turban with pride, but pride is a sin, A sikh is a humble servant of all, for you to think that a Khalsa Sikh is above the rest of us is totally against the words of the Guru jis. It is that thinking that makes the Sikh at the shop believe he is better than me, he will not talk not even a cival hello do I get, If you wish to wear the uniform of the Khalsa then you are free to do so, but please dont claim that the Khalsa is beyond others who do not wish to wear a uniform. If the Khalsa had need to rise and fight again then I would gladly stand on the front line to defend what i believe in, in the mean time i have no use of a symbolic uniform. I say my prayers and conduct myself to the best of my ability with God in my mind in all I do, if i fail in any way then i will allways endeavor to correct myself. I am a Sikh a learner no more no less than yourself,
Tony

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Amazing discovery a totally new life form. Dear Singh ji I am no less an English man because i dont wear the uniform of its armed forces. and I am no less a servant of God because I dont wear the uniform of the Khalsa. What you have just said implies that you think a member of the Khalsa is better than the rest of the human race, Yet the khalsa where formed to protect the right to worship God what ever the religion.
In Christianity and other religions, man is considered flesh born; in Sikhism we are Spirit Born. That's how Khalsa is different like a new life form. Uniform is only the outer dress code, the real Khalsa is this:-
"When the Full Effulgent Light is lit in the physical form, then He is called the Khalsa (Pure One)." What is a Khalsa? Guru Gobind Singh Ji says, "The Khalsa is my own image, the Khalsa is my abode.
It is the inner Light that makes one Khalsa, or the Pure One.
When does a man become pure?
The scriptures tell us in this context:
"When one gets into contact with the inner Light in Its fullness,
then alone one becomes pure; otherwise, not."

Guru Gobind Singh says: We are the worshipers of the Great Conscious Light and defines the word Khalsa as:
The pure Khalsa is one in whom the Light of God is fully manifested.
He further goes on to say: Khalsa is my true form;
I reside in Khalsa, He is the life of my life, and my very prana (vital airs);
Khalsa is my valiant friend, Khalsa is my Satguru Pura
I have told no untruth.
I tell this in the presence of Par Brahm and Guru Nanak.

Source:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhism.us/showthread.php?t=24337

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Guru Gobing Singh ji also decreded that there shall be no more caste system and showed this by giving each of the Panj Pyare the name Singh and took away their family name to indicate this, however these days the family name is retained and the name Singh is only added to the end. Caste system still operates in the Khalsa in defiance of what the Guru ji said, please explain why. how If one cannot follow what all of the Guru jis have said and is written down, say that they are better or go beyond the normal human being just because they have got hair and carry the other four Ks.
Tony

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Here is a challenge for you, please provide one scripture proven to be written or dictated by Guru Gobing Singh ji that states a Sikh must not remove his/her hair or any hair on his/her body and i will gladly grow my hair forwith
Tony

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan

Dear Members,

Live and let live should be the motto. Please re-read my post on Sikh Symbols where every one has to be respected. Those who can find God with hairs or with out, so be it. Love begets love and not hate. Every Gurmukh specially with hairs should look at all with one eye says Sabd Guru;

ਜੋ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ਕੋਈ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਏਕ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮੋਈ ਜੀਉ ॥

Jo Antar So Baahar Daykhhu Avar Na Doojaa Ko-ee Jee-o, Gurmukh Ayk Darisat Kar Daykhhu Ghat Ghat Jot Samo-ee Jee-o.

Akal Purkh is within - see It outside as well; there is no other than The Creator. As Gurmukh, look upon all with the single eye of equality; in each and every heart, the Divine Light is contained. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 599-2

ਸਭ ਏਕ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਮਤੁ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਸਭੁ ਆਤਮ ਰਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਨ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਇਆ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਊਤਮ ਜਨ ਪਰਧਾਨ ਜੀਉ ॥

Sabh Ayk Darisat Samat Kar Daykhai Sabh Aatam Raam Pachhaan Jee-o, Har Har Jas Gaa-i-aa Param Pad Paa-i-aa Tay Ootam Jan ParDhaan Jee-o.

Look upon all with equality, and recognize the Supreme Akal Purkh, pervading among all. Those who sing the Praises of the Creator God, obtain the supreme status; they are the most exalted and acclaimed people. -----Guru Ramdas, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 446-12

Bhagat Kabir in Raag Gauri AGGS, Page 324;

ਗਰਭ ਵਾਸ ਮਹਿ ਕੁਲੁ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਤੀ ॥ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਿੰਦੁ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਉਤਪਾਤੀ ॥ਕਹੁ ਰੇ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਬਾਮਨ ਕਬ ਕੇ ਹੋਏ ॥ਬਾਮਨ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਜਨਮੁ ਮਤ ਖੋਏ ॥ਜੌ ਤੂੰ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣੀ ਜਾਇਆ ॥ਤਉ ਆਨ ਬਾਟ ਕਾਹੇ ਨਹੀ ਆਇਆ ॥ਤੁਮ ਕਤ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਹਮ ਕਤ ਸੂਦ ॥ਹਮ ਕਤ ਲੋਹੂ ਤੁਮ ਕਤ ਦੂਧ ॥ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੋ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥ਸੋ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਕਹੀਅਤੁ ਹੈ ਹਮਾਰੈ ॥

Garabh Vaas Meh Kul Nahee Jaatee, Barahm Bind Tay Sabh Utpaatee, Kaho Ray Pundit Baaman Kab Kay Ho-ay, Baaman Kahi Kahi Janam Mat Kho-ay, Jou TooN Braahman Brahmanee Jaa-i-aa, Ta-o Aan Baat Kaahay Nahee Aa-i-aa, Tum Kat Braahman Ham Kat Sood, Ham Kat Lohoo Tum Kat DooDh, Kaho Kabir Jo Barahm Beechaarai, So Baraahman Kahee-at Hai Hamaarai.

In the dwelling of the womb, there is no ancestry or social status. All have originated from the Seed of God. Tell me, O Pundit, O religious scholar: since when have you been a Brahmin? Don't waste your life by continually claiming to be a Brahmin. If you are indeed a Brahmin, born of a Brahmin mother, then why didn't you come by some other way? How is it that you are a Brahmin, and I am of a low social status? How is it that I am formed of blood, and you are made of milk? Says Kabir, one who contemplates God, is said to be a Brahmin among us.

Please moderators close this thread as the differences can not be resolved.

Thanks.
Virinder

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

vsgrewal ji

Take heart please. Moderators will not close threads as long as conversation remains active on the topic. I understand how the same issues may seem to be discussed again and again. However, each time another person comes to the thread and ponders the issues, that person has to internalize what they are reading and ask questions that are personally important.

The subject of hair is like that -- most of the time people need to revisit the subject more than once. So the only thing you/I can do is let the pot simmer on the stove at a moderate heat. If things get to hot and the pot starts to boil over, then the moderators step in and figure out how to cool things down.

Sat Nam.

Dear Members,

Live and let live should be the motto. Please re-read my post on Sikh Symbols where every one has to be respected. Those who can find God with hairs or with out, so be it. Love begets love and not hate. Every Gurmukh specially with hairs should look at all with one eye says Sabd Guru;

ਜੋ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ਕੋਈ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਏਕ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮੋਈ ਜੀਉ ॥

Jo Antar So Baahar Daykhhu Avar Na Doojaa Ko-ee Jee-o, Gurmukh Ayk Darisat Kar Daykhhu Ghat Ghat Jot Samo-ee Jee-o.

Akal Purkh is within - see It outside as well; there is no other than The Creator. As Gurmukh, look upon all with the single eye of equality; in each and every heart, the Divine Light is contained. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 599-2

ਸਭ ਏਕ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਮਤੁ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਸਭੁ ਆਤਮ ਰਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਨ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਇਆ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਊਤਮ ਜਨ ਪਰਧਾਨ ਜੀਉ ॥

Sabh Ayk Darisat Samat Kar Daykhai Sabh Aatam Raam Pachhaan Jee-o, Har Har Jas Gaa-i-aa Param Pad Paa-i-aa Tay Ootam Jan ParDhaan Jee-o.

Look upon all with equality, and recognize the Supreme Akal Purkh, pervading among all. Those who sing the Praises of the Creator God, obtain the supreme status; they are the most exalted and acclaimed people. -----Guru Ramdas, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 446-12

Bhagat Kabir in Raag Gauri AGGS, Page 324;

ਗਰਭ ਵਾਸ ਮਹਿ ਕੁਲੁ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਤੀ ॥ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਿੰਦੁ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਉਤਪਾਤੀ ॥ਕਹੁ ਰੇ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਬਾਮਨ ਕਬ ਕੇ ਹੋਏ ॥ਬਾਮਨ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਜਨਮੁ ਮਤ ਖੋਏ ॥ਜੌ ਤੂੰ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣੀ ਜਾਇਆ ॥ਤਉ ਆਨ ਬਾਟ ਕਾਹੇ ਨਹੀ ਆਇਆ ॥ਤੁਮ ਕਤ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਹਮ ਕਤ ਸੂਦ ॥ਹਮ ਕਤ ਲੋਹੂ ਤੁਮ ਕਤ ਦੂਧ ॥ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੋ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥ਸੋ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਕਹੀਅਤੁ ਹੈ ਹਮਾਰੈ ॥

Garabh Vaas Meh Kul Nahee Jaatee, Barahm Bind Tay Sabh Utpaatee, Kaho Ray Pundit Baaman Kab Kay Ho-ay, Baaman Kahi Kahi Janam Mat Kho-ay, Jou TooN Braahman Brahmanee Jaa-i-aa, Ta-o Aan Baat Kaahay Nahee Aa-i-aa, Tum Kat Braahman Ham Kat Sood, Ham Kat Lohoo Tum Kat DooDh, Kaho Kabir Jo Barahm Beechaarai, So Baraahman Kahee-at Hai Hamaarai.

In the dwelling of the womb, there is no ancestry or social status. All have originated from the Seed of God. Tell me, O Pundit, O religious scholar: since when have you been a Brahmin? Don't waste your life by continually claiming to be a Brahmin. If you are indeed a Brahmin, born of a Brahmin mother, then why didn't you come by some other way? How is it that you are a Brahmin, and I am of a low social status? How is it that I am formed of blood, and you are made of milk? Says Kabir, one who contemplates God, is said to be a Brahmin among us.

Please moderators close this thread as the differences can not be resolved.

Thanks.
Virinder

There is only difference because some people can't understand. Since you presented these shabads on equality then im ask you and tony ji and anyone that agrees with you. On saying Khalsa treats other unfairly. When the Tenth Nanak made Baba Deep Singh ji the Jathedar of Dam Dam Taksal based on your guys reasoning he was promoting inequality because he put a Khalsa in that position. Was Guru Sahib implying that Khalsa is better than the rest of human beings, how come he didn't make a non-amritdhari as Jathedar, so Guru Sahib must have promoted inequality. This is your guys reason.

Guru Sahib appointed Baba Deep Singh ji, the perfect example of Khalsa, because he accepted all the Hukams of Guru Sahib and because he followed Guru Sahib completely he was made Jathedar. Once again im remind everyone of Bhai Lehna ji and Bhai Jetha ji and there obodience to Guru Nanak Dev ji and Guru Amar Das ji.

Stop belittling Khalsa because it doesn't fit your lifestyle. Speak the Truth and live the Truth is the Khalsa lifestyle because that is what Guru Sahib taught Khalsa.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Here is a challenge for you, please provide one scripture proven to be written or dictated by Guru Gobind Singh ji that states a Sikh must not remove his/her hair or any hair on his/her body and i will gladly grow my hair forwith

Tony Ji. What is important is not the hair. But realization.
Kabir says,

Kabeer, the bones burn like wood and the hair burns like straw,..............

Kabeer, don't be so proud of your bones wrapped up in skin,............

Tony Ji,
I rather remind myself to be ego-less and lowly and say sweet words.

Better than having hair on your body or head is,

ਮਿਠਤੁ ਨੀਵੀ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਗੁਣ ਚੰਗਿਆਈਆ ਤਤੁ
मिठतु नीवी नानका गुण चंगिआईआ ततु ॥
Miṯẖaṯ nīvī nānkā guṇ cẖang▫ā▫ī▫ā ṯaṯ.
Sweetness and humility, O Nanak, are the essence of virtue and goodness.
(Ang 470)

In Christianity and other religions, man is considered flesh born; in Sikhism we are Spirit Born. That's how Khalsa is different like a new life form. Uniform is only the outer dress code, the real Khalsa is this:-
"When the Full Effulgent Light is lit in the physical form, then He is called the Khalsa (Pure One)." What is a Khalsa? Guru Gobind Singh Ji says, "The Khalsa is my own image, the Khalsa is my abode.
It is the inner Light that makes one Khalsa, or the Pure One.
When does a man become pure?
The scriptures tell us in this context:
"When one gets into contact with the inner Light in Its fullness,
then alone one becomes pure; otherwise, not."

Guru Gobind Singh says: We are the worshipers of the Great Conscious Light and defines the word Khalsa as:
The pure Khalsa is one in whom the Light of God is fully manifested.
He further goes on to say: Khalsa is my true form;
I reside in Khalsa, He is the life of my life, and my very prana (vital airs);
Khalsa is my valiant friend, Khalsa is my Satguru Pura
I have told no untruth.
I tell this in the presence of Par Brahm and Guru Nanak.

Source:: Sikh Philosophy Network Khalsa Meri Soba Sila

Thank you Namjap ji, for this insightful post and for not taking my writing out of context and understanding from where I was coming from.

Thanks

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan

There is only difference because some people can't understand. Since you presented these shabads on equality then im ask you and tony ji and anyone that agrees with you. On saying Khalsa treats other unfairly. When the Tenth Nanak made Baba Deep Singh ji the Jathedar of Dam Dam Taksal based on your guys reasoning he was promoting inequality because he put a Khalsa in that position. Was Guru Sahib implying that Khalsa is better than the rest of human beings, how come he didn't make a non-amritdhari as Jathedar, so Guru Sahib must have promoted inequality. This is your guys reason.

Guru Sahib appointed Baba Deep Singh ji, the perfect example of Khalsa, because he accepted all the Hukams of Guru Sahib and because he followed Guru Sahib completely he was made Jathedar. Once again im remind everyone of Bhai Lehna ji and Bhai Jetha ji and there obodience to Guru Nanak Dev ji and Guru Amar Das ji.

Stop belittling Khalsa because it doesn't fit your lifestyle. Speak the Truth and live the Truth is the Khalsa lifestyle because that is what Guru Sahib taught Khalsa.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Please go and re-read my article on Sikh symbols where I have respected both sides. God is a part of every one of us.
I have equal respect for every one including Khalsa.

Spiritually speaking;

No one is bad as every one has a spark of God;

ਹਮ ਨਹੀ ਚੰਗੇ ਬੁਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥

Ham Nahee Changay Buraa Nahee Ko-ay.

I am not good; no one is bad. -----Guru Nanak, AGGS, Page, 728-13

ਘਘੈ ਘਾਲ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜੇ ਘਾਲੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੈ ਲਾਗਿ ਰਹੈ॥ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਜੇ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਰਮਤੁ ਰਹੈ ॥

Gẖagẖai gẖāl sėvak jė gẖālai sabaḏ gurū kai lāg rahai. Burā bẖalā jė sam kar jāṇai in biḏẖ sāhib ramaṯ rahai.

Ghagha: The servant who performs service, remains attached to the Word of the Guru's Sabd. One who recognizes bad and good as one and the same - in this way he is absorbed into the Creator and Master. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 432-17

ਏਕੁ ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਏਕੈ ॥

Eaek Buraa Bhalaa Sach Eaekai.

One is bad, and another good, but the One True Akal Purkh is contained in all.-----Guru Nanak, Raag Ramkali, AGGS, Page, 905-1

ਪਰਵਿਰਤੀ ਨਰਵਿਰਤਿ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਘਰੁ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਮੰਦਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਚਲੈ ਸਚਿ ਖਰਾ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੇ ॥

Kis Hee Mandaa Aakh Na Chalai Sach Kharaa Sachiaaraa Hay. Parvirṯī narviraṯ pacẖẖāṇai. Gur kai sang sabaḏ gẖar jāṇai.

One who realizes what he has to possess, and what he has to abandon, associating with the Guru, comes to know the Word of the Sabd, within the home of his own self. Do not call anyone bad but follow this way of life. Those who are true are judged to be genuine by the True Akal Purkh. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Maru, AGGS, Page, 1027-11

ਮੰਦਾ ਨਾਹਿ ਕੋਇ ਹਾਂ ॥

Mandaa Naahi Ko-ay Haan.

No one is bad. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Asawari, AGGS, Page, 410-16

ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਕੋਈ ਨ ਕਹੀਜੈ ॥

Buraa Bhalaa Koyee Na Keheejai.

Do not say that anyone is good or bad. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri, AGGS, Page, 186-6

ਮੰਦਾ ਕਿਸ ਨੋ ਆਖੀਐ ਜਾਂ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

Mandaa Kis No Aakheeai Jaan Tis Bin Koyee Naahi.

Whom can we call bad? There is none without God.-----Sheikh Farid Sloke 75, AGGS, Page, 1381

ਨਾਨਕ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਝਖਣਾ ਦੁਖ ਛਡਿ ਮੰਗੀਅਹਿ ਸੁਖ ॥ਸੁਖੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਦੁਇ ਦਰਿ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ ਜਾਇ ਮਨੁਖ ॥ਜਿਥੈ ਬੋਲਣਿ ਹਾਰੀਐ ਤਿਥੈ ਚੰਗੀ ਚੁਪ ॥

Nānak bolaṇ jẖakẖ¬ṇā ḏukẖ cẖẖad mangī¬ah sukẖ. Sukẖ ḏukẖ ḏu¬ė ḏar kapṛė pahirahi jā¬ė manukẖ. Jithai bolaṇ hārī¬ai ṯithai cẖangī cẖup.

O Nanak, it is absurd to ask to be spared from pain by begging for comfort. Pleasure and pain are the two garments given, to be worn in the Court of the Akal Purkh. Where you are bound to lose by speaking, there, you ought to remain silent. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Majg, AGGS, Page, 149-4

So I close my case.

Cordially,

Virinder

Amasing discovery a totally new life form. Dear Singh ji I am no less an English man because i dont wear the uniform of its armed forces. and I am no less a servant of God because I dont wear the uniform of the Khalsa. What you have just said implies that you think a member of the Khalsa is better than the rest of the human race, Yet the khalsa where formed to protect the right to worship God what ever the religion.

Namjap ji said it best with Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji's writing. Read that post and if you still don't understand I'll go further into it.

If you can prove that hair will make me more spiritual and would help me please God then I would let my hair grow, but as yet there has been no prove to substain your arguement, It is not written in the SGGS, the only referrence to the removal or the growing of is about those that do so thinking it will cleanse their soul or bring them closer to God.

Tony ji, i'm not trying to be rude, but do you understand the word Hukam.

I do not think that either way the growing off or the removing off will effect my love for God.

If you accept Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji as your Tenth Master then you will consider hair a big thing. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji is our spiritual father and when Guru Sahib lays down the Hair Hukam it came from the Lord.

Hair is dead as soon as it leaves the folical, it is supplied with neither blood nor nerves, it gets no energy or protien both essential for life. I am told that I should grow my hair and wear a turban with pride, but pride is a sin,

About your science statement goes I don't know much about it and will let a person who is in the field of science answer this question.

I am proud to be a Sikh, I am proud to keep my hair uncut and where a dastar. This does not make me a sinner because I still treat everyone equally and don't treat others as lower than me. If you don't want to wear a Daastar or keep your hair then that's fine your decision your life. The day I start cutting in bank lines because I wear a daastar and start serving langar on who has a daastar is the day when this proud Daastar wearing servant is living in ego.

A sikh is a humble servant of all, for you to think that a Khalsa Sikh is above the rest of us is totally against the words of the Guru jis. It is that thinking that makes the Sikh at the shop believe he is better than me, he will not talk not even a cival hello do I get, If you wish to wear the uniform of the Khalsa then you are free to do so, but please dont claim that the Khalsa is beyond others who do not wish to wear a uniform.

Please read Namjap jis post.

If the Khalsa had need to rise and fight again then I would gladly stand on the front line to defend what i believe in, in the mean time i have no use of a symbolic uniform.

The Khalsa is fighting right now as we write these post. Khalsa religious freedom is being taken away by governments. Organizations like deras are distorting Gurbani and puting people on the wrong path simply for money. A Amritdhari family was harassed by cops after they were robbed. Sikhs are being attacked because they wear the Daastar. Since Khalsa was born Khalsa has been fighting against tryannts that come in many forms.

I respect you're ready to fight in a war if there is one in the future of Khalsa.

I say my prayers and conduct myself to the best of my ability with God in my mind in all I do, if i fail in any way then i will allways endeavor to correct myself. I am a Sikh a learner no more no less than yourself,
Tony

Tony ji, you are doing the best you can do and I completely respect it. Keep it up and keep progressing on the Sikhi path and like everyone else, i'm advice you to take Amrit when you are ready to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Please go and re-read my article on Sikh symbols where I have respected both sides. God is a part of every one of us.
I have equal respect for every one including Khalsa.

Spiritually speaking;

No one is bad as every one has a spark of God;

ਹਮ ਨਹੀ ਚੰਗੇ ਬੁਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥

Ham Nahee Changay Buraa Nahee Ko-ay.

I am not good; no one is bad. -----Guru Nanak, AGGS, Page, 728-13

ਘਘੈ ਘਾਲ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜੇ ਘਾਲੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੈ ਲਾਗਿ ਰਹੈ॥ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਜੇ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਰਮਤੁ ਰਹੈ ॥

Gẖagẖai gẖāl sėvak jė gẖālai sabaḏ gurū kai lāg rahai. Burā bẖalā jė sam kar jāṇai in biḏẖ sāhib ramaṯ rahai.

Ghagha: The servant who performs service, remains attached to the Word of the Guru's Sabd. One who recognizes bad and good as one and the same - in this way he is absorbed into the Creator and Master. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 432-17

ਏਕੁ ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਏਕੈ ॥

Eaek Buraa Bhalaa Sach Eaekai.

One is bad, and another good, but the One True Akal Purkh is contained in all.-----Guru Nanak, Raag Ramkali, AGGS, Page, 905-1

ਪਰਵਿਰਤੀ ਨਰਵਿਰਤਿ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਘਰੁ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਮੰਦਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਚਲੈ ਸਚਿ ਖਰਾ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੇ ॥

Kis Hee Mandaa Aakh Na Chalai Sach Kharaa Sachiaaraa Hay. Parvirṯī narviraṯ pacẖẖāṇai. Gur kai sang sabaḏ gẖar jāṇai.

One who realizes what he has to possess, and what he has to abandon, associating with the Guru, comes to know the Word of the Sabd, within the home of his own self. Do not call anyone bad but follow this way of life. Those who are true are judged to be genuine by the True Akal Purkh. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Maru, AGGS, Page, 1027-11

ਮੰਦਾ ਨਾਹਿ ਕੋਇ ਹਾਂ ॥

Mandaa Naahi Ko-ay Haan.

No one is bad. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Asawari, AGGS, Page, 410-16

ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਕੋਈ ਨ ਕਹੀਜੈ ॥

Buraa Bhalaa Koyee Na Keheejai.

Do not say that anyone is good or bad. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri, AGGS, Page, 186-6

ਮੰਦਾ ਕਿਸ ਨੋ ਆਖੀਐ ਜਾਂ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

Mandaa Kis No Aakheeai Jaan Tis Bin Koyee Naahi.

Whom can we call bad? There is none without God.-----Sheikh Farid Sloke 75, AGGS, Page, 1381

ਨਾਨਕ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਝਖਣਾ ਦੁਖ ਛਡਿ ਮੰਗੀਅਹਿ ਸੁਖ ॥ਸੁਖੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਦੁਇ ਦਰਿ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ ਜਾਇ ਮਨੁਖ ॥ਜਿਥੈ ਬੋਲਣਿ ਹਾਰੀਐ ਤਿਥੈ ਚੰਗੀ ਚੁਪ ॥

Nānak bolaṇ jẖakẖ¬ṇā ḏukẖ cẖẖad mangī¬ah sukẖ. Sukẖ ḏukẖ ḏu¬ė ḏar kapṛė pahirahi jā¬ė manukẖ. Jithai bolaṇ hārī¬ai ṯithai cẖangī cẖup.

O Nanak, it is absurd to ask to be spared from pain by begging for comfort. Pleasure and pain are the two garments given, to be worn in the Court of the Akal Purkh. Where you are bound to lose by speaking, there, you ought to remain silent. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Majg, AGGS, Page, 149-4

So I close my case.

Cordially,

Virinder

Sir these Tuk are taken out of context and i will respond as soon as possible, school work is holding me back from replying to many post here.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ
रोम रोम महि बसहि मुरारि ॥
Rom rom mėh basėh murār.
and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.
(Ang 344)

Namjap ji

Guru Fateh.

With due respect, as requested before, please check the translitration in English before posting. This one is also misleading and distorting the real meaning of the whole Shabad as happened before.

The Shabad starts on ang 343:
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਰਾਗੁ ਗਉੜੀ ਥਿਤੀ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਕੀ ॥
It has 16 verses in it. You selected one verse, number 15 out of total 16 to prove your point which is unfair and disrespectful to the whole thought process and meaning of the Shabad. This verse, the one you mentioned has nothing to do with cutting or not cutting hair.

I request you to post the whole Shabad in Gurmukhi and share what you understand by it in your own words in English.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM