• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair On Their Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

Your right a girl can cut hair as she wises, but for a Sikh its keep all hair uncut.

Well I think Its taking sikhism to extreme level.Women and girls don't have facial hairs
and hormonal imbalance could be reason which is an illness so in those circumstances
I think its better to diagnose the cause and take treatment.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

Just a Question to Khalsa Sikhs-God has also given nails to Humans-Do Khalsa Sikhs cut them or let them grow like hairs?

Virinder

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

virinder and kds ji

Actually there are several biological conditions that cause women to have facial hair. These can involve hormones, abnormalities of certain organs and genetically transmitted abnormalities. In some cultures heavy facial hair on women is considered a mark of beauty. This was the case in ancient Pompeii where there are actual wall-paintings depicting women with heavy facial hair. This tendency was eventually traced back to the discovery of a cranial abnormality that caused pressure on certain glands -- the result leading to heavy facial hair. The discovery was made through anthropologists' examination of female skulls buried for centuries under volcanic ash following the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Anthropologists were able to link the skull abnormality to facial hair by finding corresponding patterns among women whose families had lived in the area surrounding Mount Vesuvius for centuries.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Removing or not removing hair and how? That is the question!

ATrue Story.

A few years ago, a well known Kathavachak whose name would remain unmentioned came to Lankershim Gurdwara in North Hollywood. I was fortunate enough to attend his katha as my regular Sunday visit to the place. This Katahvachak was a bit heavy pot bellied gentleman who seemed to express a lot of Gurmat wisdom. At that time I used to wear a Simarnah and a thick sarbh loh kara on my right wrist. With the result of these 2 ornaments, my hair on the right wrist were gone due to the rubbing, which is natural.

He and I were having Langar together and exchanging Gurmat ideas. When he noticed my wrist as he was sitting on my right hand side, he really got upset claiming that I was doing something non Gurmat and it was a bedbi to Sikhi. I did notice he was also wearing a thick Kara on his right hand side. I told him that if one wears a Kara, it is natural that some hair would get lost. First he denied that it was the case for him.

Then I asked him that as he was a bit heavy then his thighs must rub and then the bedbi of the hair happens between his legs and if he thought that it was ok. He got so upset that he left his langar half eaten and walked away without giving any reason to the management who were baffled. They asked me what happened and I kept mum pleading innocence. He was supposed to do the Katha the next day but some emergency happened and he did not show up.

So what I am trying to say is that all those of us who wear karas and if our thighs rub each other whether due to over weight or because of natural anatomy then we all are doing bedbi according to Singh ji.

So Singh ji, how are your thighs doing and how thick is your Kara?:)

Amritdhari Sikhs who have heart operations or other medical procedures get their hair shaved from some part of the bodies and there is nothing wrong with that because it is IK ONG KAAR who has given the means for these procedures to be done.

Making Sikhi a radical dogmatic -ism rather than a beautiful way of life that it is, makes us contrary to openmindedness that SGGS offers. Mind you, blind faith makes people blind towards reality.

Tejwant Singh

Well I think Its taking sikhism to extreme level.

Follow the Gurus Hukam is not extreme, well you might see at has that way, but following the Gurus Hukam is apart of Sikhi.

Women and girls don't have facial hairs

Only God has the right to say this. He creates and destroys as he feels fit. And not being sexist here.

and hormonal imbalance could be reason which is an illness so in those circumstances
I think its better to diagnose the cause and take treatment.

If you shave or cut the hair off this does not cure the imbalance or whatever else this illness is or it could be just genetically a person has more hair. In fact shaving or cutting only make the hair come back thicker and faster. Shaving is not the cure.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

"Then I asked him that as he was a bit heavy then his thighs must rub and then the bedbi of the hair happens between his legs and if he thought that it was ok. He got so upset that he left his langar half eaten and walked away without giving any reason to the management who were baffled. They asked me what happened and I kept mum pleading innocence."

:}8-:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

virinder and kds ji

Actually there are several biological conditions that cause women to have facial hair. These can involve hormones, abnormalities of certain organs and genetically transmitted abnormalities. In some cultures heavy facial hair on women is considered a mark of beauty. This was the case in ancient Pompeii where there are actual wall-paintings depicting women with heavy facial hair. This tendency was eventually traced back to the discovery of a cranial abnormality that caused pressure on certain glands -- the result leading to heavy facial hair. The discovery was made through anthropologists' examination of female skulls buried for centuries under volcanic ash following the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Anthropologists were able to link the skull abnormality to facial hair by finding corresponding patterns among women whose families had lived in the area surrounding Mount Vesuvius for centuries.

Antonia ji,

Guru fateh.

Interesting insight.

One wonders what kind of FIXO ( hair mousse) did they use and what cloth was the THATHA made of the one they wore then, the bearded women I mean! Just kidding, folks.:)

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Antonia ji,

Guru fateh.

Interesting insight.

One wonders what kind of FIXO ( hair mousse) did they use and what cloth was the THATHA made of the one they wore then, the bearded women I mean! Just kidding, folks.:)

Tejwant Singh

Very :}8-: ish!

They probably used olive oil... but that is a guess.

Removing or not removing hair and how? That is the question!

ATrue Story.

A few years ago, a well known Kathavachak whose name would remain unmentioned came to Lankershim Gurdwara in North Hollywood. I was fortunate enough to attend his katha as my regular Sunday visit to the place. This Katahvachak was a bit heavy pot bellied gentleman who seemed to express a lot of Gurmat wisdom. At that time I used to wear a Simarnah and a thick sarbh loh kara on my right wrist. With the result of these 2 ornaments, my hair on the right wrist were gone due to the rubbing, which is natural.

He and I were having Langar together and exchanging Gurmat ideas. When he noticed my wrist as he was sitting on my right hand side, he really got upset claiming that I was doing something non Gurmat and it was a bedbi to Sikhi. I did notice he was also wearing a thick Kara on his right hand side. I told him that if one wears a Kara, it is natural that some hair would get lost. First he denied that it was the case for him.

Then I asked him that as he was a bit heavy then his thighs must rub and then the bedbi of the hair happens between his legs and if he thought that it was ok. He got so upset that he left his langar half eaten and walked away without giving any reason to the management who were baffled. They asked me what happened and I kept mum pleading innocence. He was supposed to do the Katha the next day but some emergency happened and he did not show up.

So what I am trying to say is that all those of us who wear karas and if our thighs rub each other whether due to over weight or because of natural anatomy then we all are doing bedbi according to Singh ji.

So Singh ji, how are your thighs doing and how thick is your Kara?:)

Amritdhari Sikhs who have heart operations or other medical procedures get their hair shaved from some part of the bodies and there is nothing wrong with that because it is IK ONG KAAR who has given the means for these procedures to be done.

Making Sikhi a radical dogmatic -ism rather than a beautiful way of life that it is, makes us contrary to openmindedness that SGGS offers. Mind you, blind faith makes people blind towards reality.

Tejwant Singh

Once again accused of saying something that I never said. Tejwant Singh ji why do you accuse me when I didn't say what you accuse me of saying and I want a answer here, this has to stop.

when you do something intentionally and when something happens unintentionally is to different things, please Tejwant ji try to grasp this simple concept. Also your saying with your little story that people that go to solan or that get a shaver or get a scissor and put it to there face is unintentionally.

Here Tejwant ji, i'm use your reasoning. Bare with me I don't want to lose you with simple logical reasoning. According to you a person is purposely wearing a kara to remove hair and purposely walks to remove hair. Now im present the sound and reasobale logical behind all this. Are you still with me????? A person that cuts hair with a razor blade intentionally is removing hair and using the razor as a hair remover. A person that wears a kara and walks, the hair is removed unintenntionally because the reason to walk is to get to a destination and the reason to wear a Kara is to follow the Hukam of Guru Sahib. I hope you can grasp this simple logic. Well lets just put it this way my little brother hes 14 years old and he got it in a flash.

Sometimes being blunt works best:)

Too bad I wasn't the Katha person then it would have been you who left his food half aten. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA Said in all good humor.

Take care Tejwant ji

Also Tejwant ji, from this day forward you should not comb your hair or wash it because the hair will be removed intentionally. I hope you understand this siimple logic. You should go against Guru Sahibs wishes and have matted hair.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You write:

Tony, Guru Har Krishan Sahib ji didn't say who the next Guru would be after him but did say he will be in a certain village.

Sikhs went to that village and there was many people claiming to be the next Guru. All of them were sitting in the poise position pretending to meditate and saying I am the next Guru. The only way the Sikh found out that Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib ji was the next Guru is because of one man that had promised the Guru 500 gold coins in a prayer if Guru Sahib saved his ship from sinking. As this Sikh asked Guru Sahib came and used his shoulder to support one side of the ship and brought it to shore. This Sikh went to own up to his pray and when he came to the town where all the fake Gurus were sitting he was puzzled to who was the real Guru. Since he promised Guru Sahib 500 coins, he decided to test them by giving each one of them a coin. All of them said I will bless you thanks for the offering. As all of them failed the test this Sikh new they weren't the Guru. Then a man told him there is a Saint sitting in a room meditating. So this Sikh decided to test him as Guru Sahib was meditating this Singh walked in the room placed one coin before Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib ji and bowed his head. With closed eyes Guru Sahib says you promised to give me 500 coins and before me you only place one. As the light went on in the Sikhs head he yelled from the roof top to every other Sikh that he has found the next Guru.

There were many and still are many fake Gurus claiming they have the seat as Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji. But this is not true because we have Guru Sahibs Hukam.
How do you know this story to be true?

This Sakhi proves nothing but anti Gurmat ideals which are against the teachings of our Gurus in SGGS. Sikhi is not about miracles.The true proof is in the sacrifices of 5th and 9th Gurus. The miracle is that we still remember their sacrifices and they became the cornerstone of the Sikhi bravura then showed by other Sikhs like Bhai Taru Singh and Bhai Mani Singh and all those young Sikh boys and girls whose heads were chopped off and sold for a price. The reason for the girls' beheading was so the marauders could lie and tell the Muslim fiends that they were young boys. So these true miracles that our Sikhs made themselves make us 25 million strong today even though many tried to exterminate us.

So, let us stick to Gurmat ideals of the SGGS, not on some made up stories which is insulting to all the sacrifices made by our Gurus and the brave Sikhs who followed them.

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You seem to get upset quite easily and at times for no reasons. I remember your getting upset and responding to my post without even fully reading it which you admitted yourself.

Once again accused of saying something that I never said. Tejwant Singh ji why do you accuse me when I didn't say what you accuse me of saying and I want a answer here, this has to stop.
If you read my post with a serene outlook, you would notice I have not accused you of anything. It is you who has been talking about HUKUM in your posts about not cutting hair, not me.

when you do something intentionally and when something happens unintentionally is to different things, please Tejwant ji try to grasp this simple concept. Also your saying with your little story that people that go to solan or that get a shaver or get a scissor and put it to there face is unintentionally

This is the first time you have used the word "intention" when challenged.You have only talked about HUKUM. Which woman's intentions are to grow facial hair? If it is a disease and there is a cure through laser or any other mean then what is your problem? Once again you are the one seeing things in a myopic manner and call it Hukum as far as facial hair of a woman is concerned rather than taking it like any other disease.

Here Tejwant ji, i'm use your reasoning. Bare with me I don't want to lose you with simple logical reasoning. According to you a person is purposely wearing a kara to remove hair and purposely walks to remove hair. Now im present the sound and reasobale logical behind all this. Are you still with me????? A person that cuts hair with a razor blade intentionally is removing hair and using the razor as a hair remover. A person that wears a kara and walks, the hair is removed unintenntionally because the reason to walk is to get to a destination and the reason to wear a Kara is to follow the Hukam of Guru Sahib. I hope you can grasp this simple logic. Well lets just put it this way my little brother hes 14 years old and he got it in a flash.
You once again do not seem to see things from the other side. A Kara is acting like a razor here whether you admit it or not or the HUKUM according to you is that Guru Sahib gave us the list of instruments to be used. Your reasoning and logic is nothing but circular and myopic. It is a shame to notice that you did not say in your logic that the kathavachak was wrong. One wonders why!:) He thought he was right that using Kara by me was bedbi. You see how you skip from one so called logic of yours to the other?

Sometimes being blunt works best:)
Not as much as a sharp edged kara:)

Too bad I wasn't the Katha person then it would have been you who left his food half aten. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA Said in all good humor.
Once again you are contradicting yourself by defending the katahvachak who started the bedbi by Kara logic.Thanks for showing your circular logic once again.

In case you did not know, keeping physically fit is the HUKUM. So if you are NOT physically fit," tunn munn sabh somp Guru koh, Hukum Manieh payiei", then rubbing thighs is like using a razor intentionally. I am sure if you explained to your 14 year old brother in this way, he would get it much faster than you would.:)

Take care.

Tejwant Singh

Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You seem to get upset quite easily and at times for no reasons. I remember your getting upset and responding to my post without even fully reading it which you admitted yourself.

If you read my post with a serene outlook, you would notice I have not accused you of anything. It is you who has been talking about HUKUM in your posts about not cutting hair, not me.

This is the first time you have used the word "intention" when challenged.You have only talked about HUKUM. Which woman's intentions are to grow facial hair? If it is a disease and there is a cure through laser or any other mean then what is your problem? Once again you are the one seeing things in a myopic manner and call it Hukum as far as facial hair of a woman is concerned rather than taking it like any other disease.

You once again do not seem to see things from the other side. A Kara is acting like a razor here whether you admit it or not or the HUKUM according to you is that Guru Sahib gave us the list of instruments to be used. Your reasoning and logic is nothing but circular and myopic.

Not as much as a sharp edged kara:)

Thanks for showing your circular logic once again. Keeping fit is the HUKUM. So if you are NOT physically fit," tunn munn sabh somp Guru koh, Hukum Manieh payiei", then rubbing thighs is like using a razor intentionally. I am sure if you explained to your 14 year old brother in this way, he will get it much faster than you would.:)

Take care.

Tejwant Singh

I'm going to give you a chance to think this post through and take all the flaws out of it before I answer. If you wish to prociede as it is written then when I get back I'll make sure all your irrational points are dressed and corrected.

also there is no need to be fake here. Believe in Truth and practice Truth, pm;)

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

I'm going to give you a chance to think this post through and take all the flaws out of it before I answer. If you wish to prociede as it is written then when I get back I'll make sure all your irrational points are dressed and corrected.

also there is no need to be fake here. Believe in Truth and practice Truth, pm;)

Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for showing your arrogance. This must be the truth you claim to practice. It is you who has admitted in your post that you responded in the past without reading what had been said in them.

As mentioned many times before, I am a Sikh, a learner, a seeker and ready to learn from Sadh sangat's Gurmat wisdom and you are part of that Sadh Sangat.

Tejwant Singh

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan

virinder and kds ji

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tony Ji,

Thanks -I actually visited Pompeii in 1974 and know a little bit of its history and still some of the pictures lying somewhere even though it was later again covered by volcanic eruptions.

Virinder

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Dear Tejwant ji
Firstly I apologise for putting your name to the post as the only part that was meant to apply to yourself was the icing on the cake bit, but as you have asked I will go through the points I made so as to clarify, Firstly I have been honest, as to hair on my body I have no need to shave, My legs are almost completly hair free only having a small patch on the sides of my knee and upper thigh and these are hardly noticable as I said to you privately most women would love them except for there muscular shape, as for my chest again hardly noticeable same on my arms they are very fine. Your second point is to read your other posts which is why I have apologised to you. the mentioning of the Dasam Granth again wasnt aimed at yourself, nor was any article on how some Sikh men treat their women and admire you for the work you have done in London, I am fully aware that it is a problem in every society, But as it is one of the basic to treat all equally then surely it is this that comes first not the growing of hair. I have no aim to condemn Sikh men only those who say hair is a must but cannot treat all equally. Again the mentioning of the Rehat maryada wasnt aimed at you and have read your post regarding it and fully agree with you. Please explain why you think I am playing God because I said that the hair on my head is rapidly fading and being replaced by the hairs up my nose, this a fact as in alot of men as they get older, the hairs up my nose when i was younger where tiny and as you stated there to help filter the air, It is only as i have got older that they have got thicker and more noticeable, A sign of ageing not arrogant at all. My reply to icing on the cake is to say that I agree with you but some use their hair as the be all and end all symbol of spirituality and dont bother to make the cake. please explain what is arrogant about the hair may make you manly, when read with the rest of the post it merely states that it is your actions that God will take into account not your hair, no arrogance there. I fail to see where I have made Guru jis out to be Elephant man in what way is saying that they where special saying or implying that, please explain where is there insecurity in not wanting to look like someone else when in reality it states that Im happy to be myself. If we all wanted to look like our dads then we'd still be wearing loinclothes and animal skins. I also dont see why opposing others will is bordering on hooliganism, If Guru jis hadnt opposed then where would Sikhism be, Muslim man said shave heads, Gurus jis said it wouldnt improve their spirituality so refused. I dont shave my head to be a muslim nor to improve my spirituality, and before you get the wrong Idea no I dont think Im as good as Guru jis nowhere near nor will I ever be. I have said that I will not follow blindly any man if there is nothing to prove what they say, what is wrong in requireing prove what is anti Sikhi about that. Please tell where is my distain for Sikhs, When all I have said is that it is no good justing having hair and following this hukam if the basics arent followed ie equality for all, No Caste, No Creede, No Colour, No Sex, what is anti Sikhi about that. My only distaste is for those who carry five Ks and practise culturalism nothing anti Sikhi there as far as Im aware it is more pro Sikhi to try to make a stance for equality than to sit back and ignore it. I have no problem with hair it is personal choice my only problem is when Im told that to be a Sikh I must have it. I have read your posts on hair and agree with you, The mistake was mine when I addressed this post to you and accept that the contents where not aimed at yourself, but some of your replies I found distasteful as I am not a liar nor am I arrogant, I may be stubborn and require prove, but there is nothing wrong in that, to act without prove would be to follow blindly and wheres the Sikhi in that. I apologise to you again Tejwant ji for putting your name on the post but as I have never insulted you or any others intentionally please do not insult me.
Tony

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Dear Singh ji
Thank you for agreeing that caste system is wrong, it is on this basis that I say how can a member of the Khalsa be pure if he continues to follow the caste system, the carrying of the five Ks is then merely reduced to a symbol. The cutting of my hair may be considered an insult to one Guru Ji but the caste system is an insult to all Guru jis. You have however twisted alot of what I wrote and ask that you reread what i wrote and if the term Hairies offended you I apologise it was meant light heartedly. it is I who was insulted in a previous post of yours when you said that or implied that the bullying of my children wasnt likely at panjabi school. It was only this morning that I could get them to agree to go back and then only if I would stay at the school with them. this was Ok'd at the Gudwara last night. the subject of hair was also discussed with cutters and growers, all agreed that hair wasn't a necessity to being a Sikh but was if I wished to Join the Khalsa panth, This I accept and would like to do in the future, but only when I think that I my actions and thinking's where pure enough not to disgrace the most honourable part of Sikhism, I have no wish to continue arguing with you over this matter, I believe I have made my point and will now withdraw from this debate unless I am asked to comment on my posts
Tony
ps have you ever tried that wash and gone shampoo its a hair today gone tomorrow type of product and is supposed to leave your hair in IMMAC-ulate condition, once tried you'll never use any thing else, highly recommended for those who dont want to cut their hair

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Dear Tejwant ji
Firstly I apologise for putting your name to the post as the only part that was meant to apply to yourself was the icing on the cake bit, but as you have asked I will go through the points I made so as to clarify, Firstly I have been honest, as to hair on my body I have no need to shave, My legs are almost completly hair free only having a small patch on the sides of my knee and upper thigh and these are hardly noticable as I said to you privately most women would love them except for there muscular shape, as for my chest again hardly noticeable same on my arms they are very fine. Your second point is to read your other posts which is why I have apologised to you. the mentioning of the Dasam Granth again wasnt aimed at yourself, nor was any article on how some Sikh men treat their women and admire you for the work you have done in London, I am fully aware that it is a problem in every society, But as it is one of the basic to treat all equally then surely it is this that comes first not the growing of hair. I have no aim to condemn Sikh men only those who say hair is a must but cannot treat all equally. Again the mentioning of the Rehat maryada wasnt aimed at you and have read your post regarding it and fully agree with you. Please explain why you think I am playing God because I said that the hair on my head is rapidly fading and being replaced by the hairs up my nose, this a fact as in alot of men as they get older, the hairs up my nose when i was younger where tiny and as you stated there to help filter the air, It is only as i have got older that they have got thicker and more noticeable, A sign of ageing not arrogant at all. My reply to icing on the cake is to say that I agree with you but some use their hair as the be all and end all symbol of spirituality and dont bother to make the cake. please explain what is arrogant about the hair may make you manly, when read with the rest of the post it merely states that it is your actions that God will take into account not your hair, no arrogance there. I fail to see where I have made Guru jis out to be Elephant man in what way is saying that they where special saying or implying that, please explain where is there insecurity in not wanting to look like someone else when in reality it states that Im happy to be myself. If we all wanted to look like our dads then we'd still be wearing loinclothes and animal skins. I also dont see why opposing others will is bordering on hooliganism, If Guru jis hadnt opposed then where would Sikhism be, Muslim man said shave heads, Gurus jis said it wouldnt improve their spirituality so refused. I dont shave my head to be a muslim nor to improve my spirituality, and before you get the wrong Idea no I dont think Im as good as Guru jis nowhere near nor will I ever be. I have said that I will not follow blindly any man if there is nothing to prove what they say, what is wrong in requireing prove what is anti Sikhi about that. Please tell where is my distain for Sikhs, When all I have said is that it is no good justing having hair and following this hukam if the basics arent followed ie equality for all, No Caste, No Creede, No Colour, No Sex, what is anti Sikhi about that. My only distaste is for those who carry five Ks and practise culturalism nothing anti Sikhi there as far as Im aware it is more pro Sikhi to try to make a stance for equality than to sit back and ignore it. I have no problem with hair it is personal choice my only problem is when Im told that to be a Sikh I must have it. I have read your posts on hair and agree with you, The mistake was mine when I addressed this post to you and accept that the contents where not aimed at yourself, but some of your replies I found distasteful as I am not a liar nor am I arrogant, I may be stubborn and require prove, but there is nothing wrong in that, to act without prove would be to follow blindly and wheres the Sikhi in that. I apologise to you again Tejwant ji for putting your name on the post but as I have never insulted you or any others intentionally please do not insult me.
Tony

Tony,

Guru fateh.

Thanks for the response. I do not want to get into a circular argument with you. I responded to your post point by point. Now if you do not agree with them, please respond in the same manner and give your reasons. What it seems from the above that you have not responded but justified again in what you said, hence the interaction turns into a circular argument with no end in sight and that is not my objective.

It seems that you are only apologising for the post because it was addressed to me but other points I have made you seemed to have overlooked.

In order for us to have a constructive interaction, I request you to put your intial point, then my response and then your objection or agreement to it.

No, I did not insult you. I was blunt to tell you what you wrote. Please give yourself a chance to read it with cool mind. Learning is not a tug of war. It requires openmindedness. If you have the right to accuse Sikhs or the Sikhi then I have the same right to dispute that.

So, let us learn from each other through our disagreement and it would not happen if you made the whole argument in one paragraph as you did.

Just for a starter, in order to show you how this can be managed in a fruitful manner, let us go to your first statement:

Your Quote:
Dear Tejwant ji and all the other Hairies amongst us you are missing the point.

My response
"Your above quote is either a lie or you have not disclosed yourself truthfully to us. One can logically conclude from your above statement that you who admits of being a Sikh for 3 years shave your chest, legs and other body parts, if not then you are part of the " Hairies amongst us". Sikhi is about seeking truth not about hiding it. So is it Gillette or any other instrument?:) And it is you who is missing the point and I will show you why from your own post."

Rather than admitting that you were wrong and arrogant and insulting because the discusssion is about hair, this is the way you justified in your response:

Firstly I have been honest, as to hair on my body I have no need to shave, My legs are almost completly hair free only having a small patch on the sides of my knee and upper thigh and these are hardly noticable as I said to you privately most women would love them except for there muscular shape, as for my chest again hardly noticeable same on my arms they are very fine.

Tony, the above justification does not make you hairless and that is the fact hence you are one the " Hairies amongst us". Many Sikhs may have even less hair than you do but that is not the point. The point is your intention to insult the hair keeping Sikhs and that is uncalled for and if you respond to my post point by point then you will find no need to justify where it is not needed and accept where you are wrong.

Hope to hear from you with the open frame of mind.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Dear Tejwant ji
My quote Dear tejwant ji and all the other hairies amonst us
where does this excluce myself the word us is used and where does it insinuate that i shave that is your conclusion and my justifcation was to tell you that I dont. in no way have i cliamed to be completly hair free only that I shave my head and chin for nonspiritual reasons. if you wish to continue this circular argument then please continue.btw the instrument I use for shaving is a Gillette mach 3 turbo
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM