• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sects Propaganda Against Radha Soami Satsang Beas Dera

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
There is no propaganda as these people within their rights believe in what ever they do. The issue is what is behind the facade of the movement which has an outer Sikh like persona.

Huzur1.jpg

ChartBeas.jpg

It is a business tree of directors and the chief. It is a money making machine. I do believe they own up to this lineage and so believe. Do the followers know or realize the heritage and foundation?

What has this got to do with Sikhism other than appearances?

They have created lineages of Gurus, Maharajs, etc. They manipulate Gurbani Shabads into pseudo-bani/kachi-bani, they do not allow the light of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at the Dehras, etc. If they come clean and declare not to be believing in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji I believe the things will get clearer. If they however start displaying the love and live by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, their house of cards collapses.

Even learned Sikhs fall for all this marveling at the structures and facilities. Sure it is happy-happy specially if you are carrying foreign currency on a visit. Such visitors, followers however forget that it is inside Khokhla/empty vis-a-vis Sikhism per our Guru Jis past and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Vegetarianism is claim to fame (no eggs and no meat lol), which does not even get a one line of prominent attention in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as a spiritual matter.

It reminds me of fakeness that surrounds us,

sikh chaj koi yaar manavan da 1 - YouTube

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
It is said most of these deras were centers of Sikh learning until the chiefs realized they can start a sect of their own, with them being the Guru.
Yeah that is often said. I heard read a lot of negative posts about deras many times, and finally decided to check out a video posted in a thread here. The video was of that guy who people said copied Guru Gobind Singh ji. He was sitting on this pedestal with body-guards around him. In front of him was a huge sangat. He started talking. He was responding to questions by what appeared to be his fans. To my surprise he preached the exact same things that many Sikhs who were mocking him in the thread, preach themselves. It was mostly secular moral guidance. It was good. If people listen to this then can lead good lives.

So what's the problem here?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Sounded terrible.

You know I used to attend gurmat camps when I was young, one of them was run by youth in their last 20s. When asked why they tied a dhumalla to look like Sobha Singh's paintings of Guru Sahib, they said because they want to look like Guru Sahib. They revere Guru Sahibs and so they want to emulate him. Their question to why do they do it was almost always because Guru Sahib did it.
We want to emulate those we love. E.g. fans of Salman Khan got that wacky haircut, with half his hair in his eyes, when he sported it in his movie. I wouldn't be surpised if some drive the car he drives just because he drives it, wear the same clothes he wears just because he did, etc.

I think to myself, is this a reason for me to hold them in contempt? What makes this "fan-boy" behaviour go from "seems ok" to "terrible"?

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM