• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Promoting JHATKA

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I was searching for rituals related to slaughter ..and have come acorss several muslim and jewish websites like www.muslimconsumergroup.com an educational organization for Muslims about Halal food, and to provide Halal certification ...there have been a strong insistance and presence of information relating to halal and kosher ..to such an extent ..and besides ..location finders ..where they could get halal kosher certified retaurants anywhere in the world !!
Our religion is different veer ji, its not a list of Do's and Dont's.
But I see where you are going, we do need to educate SIkh masses.

Mar 26, 2006
Yes..we do need to educate ..and why just Sikhs ..Hindus ..Buddhists ..all the religions of Hindustan..since none of them have ever belived in killing by torture ..

Mar 26, 2006
thats for sure..but we need quantity to voice in..i m not saying that we cannot ..but u know how its working with us or for that sake ...any other religion of indian origin..more leg pullers ...there is huge section of throat slashing vegeterians amongst us ..hindus ..buddhists ..they will want to kill us for discussing this ..or have smart talkers ..we have seen so much of them on the net ..

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
thats for sure..but we need quantity to voice in..i m not saying that we cannot ..but u know how its working with us or for that sake ...any other religion of indian origin..more leg pullers ...there is huge section of throat slashing vegeterians amongst us ..hindus ..buddhists ..they will want to kill us for discussing this ..or have smart talkers ..we have seen so much of them on the net ..
Lol to all vegetarians, this is a message from a fellow vegetarian:happy:.
Meat is safe!!

...that should hold em. :rofl!!:

Anyway, what are you planning on doing exactly? I mean how are you gona get jhatka out there?

Mar 26, 2006
Presentations ..all those images ..Dharmak references ..i been talking to veterinary docs who have given me some idea about scientific studies ...what i want to look into is..in fact a friend's already dunn it in delhi..a series of jhatka shops ..get more of the downtrodden groups employed ..some tribals ..balmiks , sikligars..i wish i could get support of religious preachers ..I dont have any Nihang Chchavni in Indore ..i wish we had ..they can train us for Jhatka ..and i feel comfortable with them ..they r a great help ..we will need to drill this in people's heads ..all we can do is try ..there were people trying to take this as my business venture ..man .i m a software guy ..happy with my job..but i want to go this way since .this is just not a business ..but something i feel seriously for ..its hurting my pride...we sikhs in India are quite dominant in so many streams ..why cant we get a choice ? in this country atleast where this theory is a part of the culture ..and in fact why just us ..all who feel ..we dont accept halal should voice in ...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Presentations ..all those images ..Dharmak references ..i been talking to veterinary docs who have given me some idea about scientific studies ...what i want to look into is..in fact a friend's already dunn it in delhi..a series of jhatka shops ..get more of the downtrodden groups employed ..some tribals ..balmiks , sikligars..i wish i could get support of religious preachers ..I dont have any Nihang Chchavni in Indore ..i wish we had ..they can train us for Jhatka ..and i feel comfortable with them ..they r a great help ..we will need to drill this in people's heads ..all we can do is try ..there were people trying to take this as my business venture ..man .i m a software guy ..happy with my job..but i want to go this way since .this is just not a business ..but something i feel seriously for ..its hurting my pride...we sikhs in India are quite dominant in so many streams ..why cant we get a choice ? in this country atleast where this theory is a part of the culture ..and in fact why just us ..all who feel ..we dont accept halal should voice in ...
Oh, and make jhatka out of the cows that are roaming the streets. :}{}{}:
There are people who want to get rid of them, maybe you can join those guys.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
well i dont eat beef:inca: ..nor does my Sanatan Sikhi permit me to ...so beef's off the plate !:happy:
Well, if you're gona promote jhatka then I suggest you promote the eating of beef as well. In India people NEED to start eating beef otherwise, Hindustan will come to be known as Cowistan. :D

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Well, if you're gona promote jhatka then I suggest you promote the eating of beef as well. In India people NEED to start eating beef otherwise, Hindustan will come to be known as Cowistan. :D

I don't know how you would jhatka a cow. You'd need a big @ss gandasa with a 15 stone muscleman or something!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I don't know how you would jhatka a cow. You'd need a big @ss gandasa with a 15 stone muscleman or something!
Oh then do it the good old american way. :happy:
Slaughterhouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The slaughterhouse process differs by species and region and may be controlled by civil law as well as religious laws such as Kosher and Halal laws. A typical procedure follows:

1. Cows are received by truck or rail from a ranch, farm, or feedlot.
  2. Cows are herded into holding pens.
  3. Cows receive a preslaughter inspection.
  4. Cows are usually knocked unconscious by applying an electric shock of 300 volts and 2 amps to the back of the head, effectively stunning the animal.[8] If unsuccessful, secondary methods include the use of a captive bolt pistol to the front of the cow's head. Livestock are also rendered unconscious by pneumatic or cartridge-fired captive bolt stunning and CO2/inert gas stunning. (This step is prohibited under strict application of Halal and Kashrut codes.)
  5. Animals are hung upside down by one of their hind legs on the processing line.
  6. The main arteries and veins are severed with a knife, mainly in the neck, and the cow's blood drains, causing death through exsanguination.
  7. The hide/skin/plumage is removed by down pullers, side pullers and fisting off the pelt (sheep and goats)
  8. The internal organs are removed and inspected for internal parasites and signs of disease. The guts, referred to as viscera, are separated for inspection from the heart and lungs, referred to as the "pluck." Livers are separated for inspection, tongues are dropped or removed from the head, and the head is sent down the line on the head hooks or head racks for inspection.
  9. The carcass is inspected by a government inspector for safety. (This inspection is performed by the Food Safety Inspection Service in the U.S., and CFIA in Canada.)
  10. Carcasses are subjected to intervention to reduce levels of bacteria. Common interventions are steam, hot water, and organic acids. Carcasses are chilled to prevent the growth of microorganisms and to reduce meat deterioration while the meat awaits distribution.
  11. The chilled carcass is broken down into subprimals and primals for boxed meat unless customer specifies for swinging sides of meat. Beef and horse carcasses are always split in half and then quartered, pork is split into sides only and goat/veal/mutton and lamb is left whole
  12. The remaining carcass may be further processed to extract any residual traces of meat, usually termed mechanically recovered meat, which may be used for human or animal consumption.
  13. Waste materials such as lard or tallow, are sent to a rendering plant.
  14. The waste water, consisting of blood and fecal matter, generated by the slaughtering process is sent to a waste water treatment plant.
  15. The meat is transported to distribution centers that then distribute to retail markets.
____________________________________________________________________________________
as long as animals don't feel pain, I don't think Guru ji would disapprove. :D

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
I heard for "proper" jhatka you have to take the siir clean off with a single blow. There can not even be a single vein attached when you do this or it become patka. Apparently.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I heard for "proper" jhatka you have to take the siir clean off with a single blow. There can not even be a single vein attached when you do this or it become patka. Apparently.
When jhatka came out, they didn't have a captive bolt pistol.
This is the jhatka of the new age! or patka whatever works best!!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Wouldn't this be the same as spearing the thing in the head?
Maybe.
But the pistol will kill the animal without letting it feel pain, which works for me! :yes:

"Spearing the thing in the head" ? I wouldn't know, I have never been speared in the head... come to think of it, I've never been killed by a captive bolt pistol either. :D

Jun 1, 2008
u ppl got really good humour.:rofl!!::rofl!!::rofl!!::rofl!!::rofl!!:
the question being raised by me is that what if someone eats halal not intentionally but by mistake is there any process to undergo after that?:yes:;)
:rolleyes::D

u ppl got really good humour.:rofl!!::rofl!!::rofl!!::rofl!!::rofl!!:
the question being raised by me is that what if someone eats halal not intentionally but by mistake is there any process to undergo after that?:yes:;)
:rolleyes::D

yeah... you have to put your head through both your legs and kiss your own butt...salvation shall be yours :up:

PS: "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" - Orwell

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: