• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

One Infinite Creator In Sikhism, What Does It Mean?

Your link to one infinite Creator, what is the search directed at?

• I am looking for and believe in one infinite Creator as being some specific form.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I am trying and want to get in touch with one infinite Creator.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I want to fully understand all about one infinite Creator.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I live with the ever increasing understanding of one infinite Creator.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Not Sure...

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
In Sikhi, Truth is the Dharam!

ਬਸੰਤੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
Basant, First Mehl:

ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਪਿਆਸ ਜਿਸੁ ਨਰ ਹੋਇ ॥
That person, who thirsts for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan,

ਏਕਤੁ ਰਾਚੈ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਦੋਇ ॥
is absorbed in the One Lord, leaving duality behind.

ਦੂਰਿ ਦਰਦੁ ਮਥਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਖਾਇ ॥
His pains are taken away, as he churns and drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਏਕ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੧॥
The Gurmukh understands, and merges in the One Lord. ||1||

ਤੇਰੇ ਦਰਸਨ ਕਉ ਕੇਤੀ ਬਿਲਲਾਇ ॥
So many cry out for Your Darshan, Lord.

ਵਿਰਲਾ ਕੋ ਚੀਨਸਿ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
How rare are those who realize the Word of the Guru's Shabad and merge with Him. ||1||Pause||

ਬੇਦ ਵਖਾਣਿ ਕਹਹਿ ਇਕੁ ਕਹੀਐ ॥
The Vedas say that we should chant the Name of the One Lord.

ਓਹੁ ਬੇਅੰਤੁ ਅੰਤੁ ਕਿਨਿ ਲਹੀਐ ॥
He is endless; who can find His limits?

ਏਕੋ ਕਰਤਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਜਗੁ ਕੀਆ ॥
There is only One Creator, who created the world.

ਬਾਝੁ ਕਲਾ ਧਰਿ ਗਗਨੁ ਧਰੀਆ ॥੨॥
Without any pillars, He supports the earth and the sky. ||2||

ਏਕੋ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਧੁਨਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
Spiritual wisdom and meditation are contained in the melody of the Bani, the Word of the One Lord.

ਏਕੁ ਨਿਰਾਲਮੁ ਅਕਥ ਕਹਾਣੀ ॥
The One Lord is Untouched and Unstained; His story is unspoken.

ਏਕੋ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਚਾ ਨੀਸਾਣੁ ॥
The Shabad, the Word, is the Insignia of the One True Lord.

ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜਾਣੈ ਜਾਣੁ ॥੩॥
Through the Perfect Guru, the Knowing Lord is known. ||3||

ਏਕੋ ਧਰਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੈ ਸਚੁ ਕੋਈ ॥
There is only one religion of Dharma; let everyone grasp this truth.
There is only one Dharam, if someone is STEADFAST on TRUTH

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਪੂਰਾ ਜੁਗਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਸੋਈ ॥
Through the Guru's Teachings, one becomes perfect, all the ages through.

ਅਨਹਦਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਤਾਰ ॥
Imbued with the Unmanifest Celestial Lord, and lovingly absorbed in the One,

ਓਹੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰ ॥੪॥
the Gurmukh attains the invisible and infinite. ||4||

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Speaking of the Sanatan issue, should these words of Guru Arjan not settle it?

"...I do not keep the Hindu fast, nor the Muslim Ramadan.
I serve Him alone who is my refuge.
I serve the one Master, who is also Allah.
I have broken with the Hindu and the Muslim.
I will not worship with the Hindu, nor like the Muslim go to Mecca.
I shall serve Him and no other.
I will not pray to idols nor say the Muslim prayer.
I shall put my heart at the feet of the one Supreme Being.
For we are neither Hindus nor Muslims..."

- Guru Arjan

Sikhi is thus a completely independent world religion 0:)

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
When you have things to worry about like:
- Being Truthful all the time!
- Treating everything as One Creation!
- Dwelling in the infiniteness of space and time
- Being always loving and striving for perfection
Veera If you have to worry about it then you have made it a ritual,if it comes easily then you have it because it is right.

Aug 28, 2010
Mr VOUTHON,
Thanks for your positive and candid views in the understanding of Gurbanee interpreatation.I may present my own views in respect of the word RAM used numerous times in Quotes of gurbanee.

1.....According to my understanding in Gurbanee the creatr has been considered as
A SINGLE WAVE FORM.
The CREATOR itself is a SINGLE WAVE and this CRATOR is expanded in infinite
number of WAVES.
Considering above fact the CREATOR has been refered as RAMu and RAM.
The meaning of the word RAM is OMNIPRESENT.
It is the wave and its expansion which has been refered as RAMu and RAM.
The Single WAVE.......RAMu and
Expansion of SINGLE WAVE....RAM
The above explanation is in context of CREATOR.
2...While making reference of SON OF DASHRATH the word used is always as RAMu
and that too in context with other personalities like RAWAN/SITA or LUXMAN etc.
being mentioned in the context under consideration.
3...So it should be clear that the word RAMu or RAM as such is not the reference for person in Human Form unless otherwise specifically clarified in context..

The above consideration is based on the grammar of Gurbanee words in Gurmukhi script which you will not be able to see in english version as you follow that.

You may find all the NOUN words being used as SINGULAR and PLURAL to refer the CREATOR in GUrbanee.
I would request you may first confirm whether the NOUN words used are like that or not.Having confirmed you may give me your views..

Prakash.s.Bagga

Feb 13, 2012
It will be a good idea to give some quotations from SGGS to elaborate your point as whatever you are saying that is according to the sikh philosophy.

I am wondering if you have definite thoughts on reincarnation according to sikh thout as explained by sggs. To me Sikhism is different from other religions so surely Guru ji will not easily go along with the popular belief of veda of the cycle of birth and death.

I look forward to hearing other peoples thoughts on this topic.

wjkk wjkf

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
I began to notice how many times the pi symbol a mathematical constant was being used in marketing which means:

π (sometimes written pi) is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of any Euclidean[1] circle's circumference to its diameter. π is approximately equal to 3.14. The Greek letter π was first adopted for the number as an abbreviation of the Greek word for perimeter (περίμετρος), or as an abbreviation for "periphery/diameter",

I took 314 and asked Guru for an answer and as I had a "inspiration feeling" that proved right and Guru's personality showed through!

"You Yourself, O Creator, are incalculable, while the entire world is within the realm of calculation." - Ang 314

Now this happens very often in my own frame of reality/experience. Infinity can not be measured so why bother. As for a personal "connection" with the ONE Infinite Intelligence that holds our atoms and sends constant energy to upkeep this creation and our cells, I believe "through Guru's word" we can touch it and experience it personally through intuitive guidance and inner knowing/experiences. Formless, elusive but comical all the same we are an extension of the ONE that does not take birth but needs "vessels" to experience consciousness through us and continue the Perpetual Game.

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
I began to notice how many times the pi symbol a mathematical constant was being used in marketing which means:

π (sometimes written pi) is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of any Euclidean[1] circle's circumference to its diameter. π is approximately equal to 3.14. The Greek letter π was first adopted for the number as an abbreviation of the Greek word for perimeter (περίμετρος), or as an abbreviation for "periphery/diameter",

I took 314 and asked Guru for an answer and as I had a "inspiration feeling" that proved right and Guru's personality showed through!

"You Yourself, O Creator, are incalculable, while the entire world is within the realm of calculation." - Ang 314

Now this happens very often in my own frame of reality/experience. Infinity can not be measured so why bother. As for a personal "connection" with the ONE Infinite Intelligence that holds our atoms and sends constant energy to upkeep this creation and our cells, I believe "through Guru's word" we can touch it and experience it personally through intuitive guidance and inner knowing/experiences. Formless, elusive but comical all the same we are an extension of the ONE that does not take birth but needs "vessels" to experience consciousness through us and continue the Perpetual Game.

Just another addition as the comical Spiritual Authority desires to "express itself" ...

Perimeter .... Peri (Spiritual Guide) meter (sweet) !!! Gurbani is phonetics and full of riddles and fun ... simply enjoying Guru's love being showered upon all.

Miri

The word miri has been derived from Persian word “miri”, which itself comes from the Arabic “amir” which literary means commander, governor, lord, prince, etc, and signifies temporal power, civil authority or material control. The word miri and piri are frequently used together.
Piri

The word piri has been derived from Persian “pir” literary meaning senior man, saint, holy man, spiritual guide, head of a religious order and stands for spiritual authority or non-material or non-worldly power; control over the soul of the person; pertaining to the non-material world. The word miri and piri are frequently used together.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Zaraone ji thanks for your post.
Formless, elusive but comical all the same we are an extension of the ONE that does not take birth but needs "vessels" to experience consciousness through us and continue the Perpetual Game.

Dear sister ji are you trying to bribe the creator and be on the good side peacesign. Just kidding.

On a more serious level, you really believe the formless really focuses on consciousness when perhaps 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999+ % of the creation is non-life and perhaps without consciousness as humans narrowly define it? For this I Am referring to not just of earth but the Universe that we know of.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for your post. One comment if it helps.
I am wondering if you have definite thoughts on reincarnation according to sikh thout as explained by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. To me Sikhism is different from other religions so surely Guru ji will not easily go along with the popular belief of veda of the cycle of birth and death.

You may be interested in the following thread regarding reincarnation,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-...rt-for-the-concept-reincarnation-sikhism.html

I am personally shcoked as to how many brothers and sisters are so caught up in aspects of reincarnation! Thre is no questionthat it is spiritiually important inquiry, but in Sikhism living is far more important than any thought of beyond.
Sat Sri Akal.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
am personally shcoked as to how many brothers and sisters are so caught up in aspects of reincarnation! Thre is no questionthat it is spiritiually important inquiry, but in Sikhism living is far more important than any thought of beyond.

Satnaam Ambarsaria Ji,

You are correct, no one should be thinking about any 'Future' potential lives...or what will happen beyond this life. It is the here and now...to use the breathe of life given to each of us...we do not know how many breathes we have left...use them all to remember and server god.

But we should understand re-incarnation and how it affects our mental state. Our behaviours and habits from past lives remain in our subconscious, and they have an effect on the choices we make in this life if we don't learn how to remove them. this is how things we have sown in our past affect the present.

What you sow, you shall reap.

If we remove the filth and pollution in our minds, then only the light of god exists...and we live in the Will Of God and not by the will of our minds.

I am a Sinner and full of filth and this is just my current understanding.

God bless all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
He is nirakar, invisible, unfathomable, only lives in you.
Dr. Harbhajan Singh Seth ji I disagree with your statement as highlighted. Creator creates and as a result has imprint on all. Living inside each if used metaphorically, because such created, is acceptable. But if one were to somehow translate into something additional and exclusive to just humans that is not in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I believe one cannot listen to the following sabad often enough as to what Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says about all creation off of one creator,

Awal Allah Noor - Mohinder Singh Bhalla. - YouTube

Sat Sri Akal

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: