• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Omens, Bad Spirits, Was Bani Say About It

sajsikh

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
SSA kindly enlightened me about wat baani says about bad spirits, black magic, i got ppl telling me about these and me being someone suffering from me , but i say if guru nanak cannot protect me , i believe no one can . Dis is most common pretext to go to babas, and believe me i ab seen ppl wo can tell your name n address but still they ae noting

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sajsikhji

In my opinion there are no spooks, ghosts, spirits, goblins or dwarves. Oh hang, no, there are dwarves, but no pixies.

I have been through hell in my life, and not once have I encountered any form of bad spirit. The ones you have to worry about are in your head, reading Bani soothes your fears, understanding and living Bani gives you a purpose, and that is life.

Please do not allow such a gift of life to be ruined by such pointless superstition, we are protected from them, do you know by what? the truth. And the truth is they do not exist, you are in complete control, be it a Gurmukh or a manmukh.One leads to peace and happiness, the other to a life of fear, ritual, and false hopes.

If it makes you feel any better, feel free to PM me a simple statement giving authority for me to deal with these spooks on your behalf and just send them my way.

Gurfateh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ
भैरउ महला ५ ॥
Bẖairo mėhlā 5.
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl:
ਨਾਮੁ ਲੈਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਬਿਘਨੁ ਲਾਗੈ
नामु लैत किछु बिघनु न लागै ॥
Nām laiṯ kicẖẖ bigẖan na lāgai.
Repeating the Naam, the Name of the Lord, no obstacles block the way.
ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਣਤ ਜਮੁ ਦੂਰਹੁ ਭਾਗੈ
नामु सुणत जमु दूरहु भागै ॥
Nām suṇaṯ jam ḏẖūrahu bẖāgai.
Listening to the Naam, the Messenger of Death runs far away.
ਨਾਮੁ ਲੈਤ ਸਭ ਦੂਖਹ ਨਾਸੁ
नामु लैत सभ दूखह नासु ॥
Nām laiṯ sabẖ ḏūkẖah nās.
Repeating the Naam, all pains vanish.
ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥੧॥
नामु जपत हरि चरण निवासु ॥१॥
Nām japaṯ har cẖaraṇ nivās. ||1||
Chanting the Naam, the Lord's Lotus Feet dwell within. ||1||
ਨਿਰਬਿਘਨ ਭਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਉ
निरबिघन भगति भजु हरि हरि नाउ ॥
Nirbigẖan bẖagaṯ bẖaj har har nā▫o.
Meditating, vibrating the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is unobstructed devotional worship.
ਰਸਕਿ ਰਸਕਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
रसकि रसकि हरि के गुण गाउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Rasak rasak har ke guṇ gā▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving affection and energy. ||1||Pause||
ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਚਾਖੁ ਜੋਹੈ
हरि सिमरत किछु चाखु न जोहै ॥
Har simraṯ kicẖẖ cẖākẖ na johai.
Meditating in remembrance on the Lord, the Eye of Death cannot see you.
ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਦੈਤ ਦੇਉ ਪੋਹੈ
हरि सिमरत दैत देउ न पोहै ॥
Har simraṯ ḏaiṯ ḏe▫o na pohai.
Meditating in remembrance on the Lord, demons and ghosts shall not touch you.
ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਮੋਹੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਬਧੈ
हरि सिमरत मोहु मानु न बधै ॥
Har simraṯ moh mān na baḏẖai.
Meditating in remembrance on the Lord, attachment and pride shall not bind you.
ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਗਰਭ ਜੋਨਿ ਰੁਧੈ ॥੨॥
हरि सिमरत गरभ जोनि न रुधै ॥२॥
Har simraṯ garabẖ jon na ruḏẖai. ||2||
Meditating in remembrance on the Lord, you shall not be consigned to the womb of reincarnation. ||2||
ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਕੀ ਸਗਲੀ ਬੇਲਾ
हरि सिमरन की सगली बेला ॥
Har simran kī saglī belā.
Any time is a good time to meditate in remembrance on the Lord.
ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਬਹੁ ਮਾਹਿ ਇਕੇਲਾ
हरि सिमरनु बहु माहि इकेला ॥
Har simran baho māhi ikelā.
Among the masses, only a few meditate in remembrance on the Lord.
ਜਾਤਿ ਅਜਾਤਿ ਜਪੈ ਜਨੁ ਕੋਇ
जाति अजाति जपै जनु कोइ ॥
Jāṯ ajāṯ japai jan ko▫e.
Social class or no social class, anyone may meditate on the Lord.
ਜੋ ਜਾਪੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
जो जापै तिस की गति होइ ॥३॥
Jo jāpai ṯis kī gaṯ ho▫e. ||3||
Whoever meditates on Him is emancipated. ||3||
ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪੀਐ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ
हरि का नामु जपीऐ साधसंगि ॥
Har kā nām japī▫ai sāḏẖsang.
Chant the Name of the Lord in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਰੰਗੁ
हरि के नाम का पूरन रंगु ॥
Har ke nām kā pūran rang.
Perfect is the Love of the Lord's Name.
ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰਿ
नानक कउ प्रभ किरपा धारि ॥
Nānak ka▫o parabẖ kirpā ḏẖār.
O God, shower Your Mercy on Nanak,
ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਦੇਹੁ ਚਿਤਾਰਿ ॥੪॥੩੬॥੪੯॥
सासि सासि हरि देहु चितारि ॥४॥३६॥४९॥
Sās sās har ḏeh cẖiṯār. ||4||36||49||
that he may think of you with each and every breath. ||4||36||49||

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ

गउड़ी महला ५ ॥

Ga▫oṛī mėhlā 5.

Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਅਪਨੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰੈ

जा कउ अपनी किरपा धारै ॥

Jā ka▫o apnī kirpā ḏẖārai.

Those, upon whom the Lord Himself showers His Mercy,

ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਚਾਰੈ ॥੧॥

सो जनु रसना नामु उचारै ॥१॥

So jan rasnā nām ucẖāre. ||1||

chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, with their tongues. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਬਿਸਰਤ ਸਹਸਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਬਿਆਪੈ

हरि बिसरत सहसा दुखु बिआपै ॥

Har bisraṯ sahsā ḏukẖ bi▫āpai.

Forgetting the Lord, superstition and sorrow shall overtake you.

Forget the Babas, trust in your self, and in God

Last edited by a moderator:

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
but i say if guru nanak cannot protect me , i believe no one can .
Out of interest why do you say Guru Nanak protects you..? I thought the Gurus were only human and that Waheguru is the only one who can protect us from anything if He so wills.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Out of interest why do you say Guru Nanak protects you..? I thought the Gurus were only human and that Waheguru is the only one who can protect us from anything if He so wills.

I think he's trying to say that how can a Baba save him if Guru Nanak cannot-To me, this implies that the true baba was of course Nanak, so all these that parade as babas don't come anywhere near the real deal.

Guru Nanak is not worshipped as God or any kind of god, but I know that some of these make believe babas have photos of themselves on ornaments and necklaces...etc... which they ask followers to wear for such protection!!!-
Now, in a case like this, I would assure the person to switch the picture to Guru Nanak's and treat him as your guide and protection!!!
I don't advise people to rely on such materials or pictures, but in this isolated case of getting through to some confused other baba convert, I would advise this as an alternative.-
-You see, these followers won't listen to anything that says their baba is fake or crap. BUT, they will listen and pay attention to an alternative suggestion !!!
Hence, alternative is to show them a true baba and guru.

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
Thank you for the help Luckysingh-ji

I'm still a little confused though, I still don't get why Guru Nanak is who we should go to for a guide and protection.. I know you've tried to explain this but I still don't understand, it sounds like you're saying he can protect us but I thought the Ek Onkar was the only one with any power to pray to for protection against things.

Sorry if I'm being a little bit of a challenge, I know sometimes questions like this aren't easily answered. I appreciate the help
mundahug

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Thank you for the help Luckysingh-ji

I'm still a little confused though, I still don't get why Guru Nanak is who we should go to for a guide and protection.. I know you've tried to explain this but I still don't understand, it sounds like you're saying he can protect us but I thought the Ek Onkar was the only one with any power to pray to for protection against things.

Sorry if I'm being a little bit of a challenge, I know sometimes questions like this aren't easily answered. I appreciate the help
mundahug

No problem, my response and suggestion was for those 'narrow minded fake baba followers' and believe me there are millions!!

I did try to make clear that the suggestion of Guru Nanak for them was because they won't buy anything about their fake baba being a con and fake, -BUT they WILL listen to an ALTERNATIVE.- Hence what better then to suggest they use BABA NANAK's picture or necklace as their protector.
The ''alternative'' is the only way to get through to these narrow minded converts, as they won't accept anything that has not been human or person at one time.

For people not under the baba convert category, then all you need is faith in the ONE Supreme Almighty. (not human like us!!)

Hope that clarifies a little.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Luckyji

Just quickly, I think a 'fake baba follower' is going to relate to Guru Nanak the same way they relate to their fake baba. By giving them a picture of Guru Nanak instead, I feel it cheapens Guru Nanak and could create or perpetuate a belief that simply carrying a picture of a Guru Sahib will bring one protection.

There is no supernatural protection. The only protection one has is to beg for Naam. It is all hukam.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
A very good point Ishnaji, I didn't at all think about that, as you know.
I will take that statement back to extinguish.
I'm not even sure how it all stemmed that way but it started on me commenting about someone else's post!!!

In a way, I'm glad it was mentioned, as I have learnt something valuable!!
Although when I penned it down, I did sense that something may be wrong but couldn't quite pin point it-

-Many Thanks

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Lucky Ji...good one that...

The fake baba gives out "designer drugs" (purreehean he makes himslef )..so what we do..
We dish out "Placebo drugs" (baba nanak picture/tweet/medallion/stauette etc)....what a solution..ha ha ha Had a really good laugh..gingerteakaurgingerteakaurgingerteakaurgingerteakaurgingerteakaur

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM