• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

siobhàn

SPNer
Feb 19, 2009
i am not sure if i am doing this right...but to introduce myself..my name is siobhàn i am orginally from ireland. i am roman catholic...i converted from the jewish faith, around 15 yrs ago. i crossed paths with someone, whom is a dear friend of mine online and is sikh. i am back in university and studying the archaeology of inda and pakistan. i feel that i need to learn more...and i guess i am searching...what little i know of the sikh faith...wants me to learn more, and i dont know where to start...my friend said to start here..so here i am.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
siobhan ji

Welcome to SPN. It is always a pleasure to welcome a new person. You have before you some very interesting discussions, and intriguing threads. Please participate and make use of all of our resources.

Never hesitate to learn, and we will never hesitate to learn from you.

You live in Italy but I am wondering if your name is Gaelic. I ask for this reason: I am studying Sanskrit and have learned that of the modern languages, Gaelic is a language that still retains pure elements of ancient Sanskrit -- as the Gaels migrated from western India through Asia Minor, Europe and onto the isles centuries ago. :)

Antonia

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Siobhan,

Ciao Cara.

Welcome.

Thanks for coming. As mentioned to you in the email, this is the best site for you to ask any questions about Sikhi. So please do not hesitate and you will find lots of topics already being discussed. You can start your own thread if you have something in mind. Antonia ji- Aad is a great moderator and a wonderful help.

Antonia ji, Siobhan is a very good friend of mine. I have known her for years.

Tejwant Singh

siobhàn

SPNer
Feb 19, 2009
my name is irish gaelic it means God is gracious. I have so many questions about Sikhism...and I really dont know where to start. If I am right, Sikh means student?...and student of faith is where I am. I am an avid reader..and would like to find a good book on Sikh...thank you and peace

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
when should a person visit a Gurdwara..for the first time?

siobhan ji,

Did you get your answer? I don't see it. Anyone can go to Gurdwara and there are some bits of advice I would give.

If you know a Sikh/Sikhs it is always more fulfilling to go with them. They can explain things. You won't feel like a stranger. The language around you will be Punjabi.

If you go by yourself, check the Gurdwara schedule. There is no particular day for a service, but services will vary from country to county. The time of a service will vary from Gurdwara to Gurdwara.

Read about gurdwara service before you go. Just to have some ideas to help you understand what is happening around you.

Watch an Internet gurdwara service to become more familiar. For example, on sikhnet.com there is a live feed of the 3HO services in Espanola New Mexico.

Enjoy the service

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sukhdeepsinghchandi ji

I like your name. It has a lot of rhythm and strength. :yes: Please feel welcome here at SPN. Do not forget to explore and use the resources SPN has for its members -- the toolbar with its amazing features, a book store, gurbani downloads, video links, blogs and albums to name a few. Please start new threads. Most of all please meet the members here and engage them in discussion.

Antonia

Feb 24, 2009
in London
Waheguru ji ka Khalsaj
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I am Baljit Kaur, an Amritdhari Bibi. I present Sikhi Programmes on Panjabi radio in the morning from 7 to 10am, Monday to Thursday. You can listen to my progs in Eng and Pan on DAB, Sky and on the net via Punjabi Radio - Litt Corporation and can give me the feed back. I teach Panjabi as well, so if you need to learn Panjabi or you want to teach Panjabi to your children then send the details to me/us and I will contact you.

Thank you

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Baljit Kaur Bains ji

Thank you for joining SPN. We appreciate knowing that you have many talents to share. I actually listen to this station when I can. Good programming. Guru Fateh!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Pirthepal Singh ji to the SPN Forum. It is always a good thing when someone new joins us. Please look around and discover all the resources for SPN members. Start some threads and join some discussions.

And if you like what you see...invite a friend to join too.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:welcome:Welcome Shaazaad ji

It is always a wonderful time when we welcome a new member. Please make use of all the resources here at SPN to help you move toward success in achieving your goals.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
hi im Shazaad Bajwa
i am in the process of learning the art of living and understanding religion,philosophy and the way to spirituality i hope i will contribute some part of my knowledge and experience over here.

Im inspired by Guru Nanak and the way he lived he is the one amongst all the philosophers of this world i love the most i really love him.

Shazaad,

Guru Fateh.

We are all in process of learning the art of living. That is why we are all Sikhs- learners- students-Seekers.

Welcome and dive in the pool.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Mar 7, 2009
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa
Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.
Let me introduce myself to u. My name is Dharminder Singh. I am a citizen of holy city amritsar. By God grace I belong to a Sikh family. Like most of the families my family is in real Sikh.
I want to write lots of things but I have no words.This is my first experience to share my feelings

Regards

Dharm

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: