• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat ji

Welcome to the forum and I hope that all other welcomes to you are friendly and non-confrontational. The threads are another story. But here we want to make sure that you and all other forum members who wish to be welcomed are greeted in a way that makes them want to stay on and participate.

Sat Sri Akaal! It is my pleasure to welcome you. :D

Adrimor

SPNer
Nov 13, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Hello. I stumbled across Sikhism's basic gist on Wikipedia helping a friend with a college philosophy assignment, and realized almost everything there agreed with and/or added to what I already believed (I wasn't the most "godly" thinker then, but I'm now pretty sure there must be something more), so...I've come to learn more about it.

After looking at an overview of the religion on a site about Gatka (which I arrived at from another site's articles on Sikhism), I'm really interested now...

I hope to learn quite a bit here.

......but I've never been good at closing an introduction ^_^;

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
adrimor ji

Welcome to SPN. Yes you will learn a lot. But you also need to seek out diverse sources of information on Sikhism to get a fully rounded understanding. We have many threads that report on articles regarding Sikhism, as well as threads on Sikh History and Culture. Make use of all of these resources and don't forget to post and participate.

Adrimor

SPNer
Nov 13, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Yes indeed--I plan to ask questions and read the threads here, definitely...and this wasn't the first site I came across, so I've done a bit of research elsewhere online, too...

More or less--and I'm sure this sounds a bit...overenthusiastic and weird, but--I'm basically looking for things I couldn't possibly deal with in Sikhism...so far, I'm thinking "where do I sign up?", you know? Just wanna make absolutely sure I'm sure ^_^

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
mein_murakh ji

Welcome to SPN. Make every corner of the forum your corner and enjoy what we have to offer. I look forward to reading what you have to say about various topics. And -- enjoy our social networking resources too!

kawalsin

SPNer
Jan 6, 2009
Gur Fateh to all on SPN. I have just joined SPN and wish to introduce myself. I am a Gursikh and an IT professional working with Microsoft. I have created a blog named kawalsin and wish to share with you all the God's Grace. With His Grace, I have compiled complete paath of SGGS for reading on PDAs/Mobile phones (No horzontal scrolling required). Please visit my blog kawalsin/Sri Guru Granth Sahib for PDA for further information.

Daas

Kawaljit Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kalwasin ji

It is a delight to welcome you to the forum. Please make use of all the forum resources. There are so many. The SPN toolbar, the albums, the blogs, bookstore just to name a very few. Participate in discussions! Visit the arcade! Sat Nam!

Antonia

Jan 7, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ja Khalsa,Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. I am very pleased to have joined this site and hope to learn alot of insight into Sikhism. I am a stay at home mother of two and am very adament on practicing sikhi. I have very little knowledge on our religion but hope to change that with your support.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
susan ji

Sat Sri Akaal! Welcome to the SPN forum. Please make yourself at home with all our great resources -- toolbar, book store, albums, so many other things. Join discussions and start discussions, and be an active member. And last but not least -- enjoy each stay.

:)antonia

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Belief in God

Sidqui Sikh ji

I am wondering who you are responding to? Checked back a few posts and could not find an atheist. Let us know a little more of your thinking. Your comment is intriguing. Antonia

prabhsmart

SPNer
Jan 22, 2009
Mumbai
Waheguruji Ka khalsa Waheguruji Ki Fateh. This is Prabhjot singh from Mumbai, India:p:p
As a Sikh leaving in India is been tough, the constant mocking by Non - sikhs has been on thr rise. The hostility by them is on rise. On the other hand seeing my sikh brothers cutting hairs, or even with hairs disobening Guruji's rules and involving in stuffs they shouldn't makes me sad. I was going to leave Mumbai, for a job in hyderabad. the only reason for the decision was the mere failure at influencing young childrens at my local Gurudware, atleast what i thought was the case. and then couple of days before i was leaving couple of boys on whom i have been working for around 2 years said that they wanted to be Amritdhari and want me to start Gatka classes again and they will show up in all classes and in all punjabi classes that i would arrange for them but no one would turn out for these classes.:p:p
They should me the positive responses that i wanted to see. Today they take care of sewa even if i am not there.They r responsible and want to be a better sikh. With corrupt managment at hand whatever i am doing is not the best, but will be trying things out for them. I see many sikhs in India, specially in Punjab cutting hairs and drinking, having drugs.:p:p
But when i see people there in US/Candana, I am not worried any more. I cannot change what Guruji wants, hope that its good for sikhs in India.:p:p
:p:p

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Respected Prabhjot Singh Ji,

Great to see you around SPN. We hope to learn a lot from you. Please enjoy your stay over here and may we have a mutually learning experience. :yes:

Warm Regards

Aman Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
prabhsmart ji

Welcome to SPN -- From what you write you sound like you have a very high level of energy and dedication to Sikhism. Share your insights and dedication with us. It is good to see that you have joined the forum.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: