• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

gascosikh

SPNer
Mar 20, 2008
Hello, I am new to Sikhism relatively but find the philosophy fascinating and wish to take Amrit. I have attended a local gurdwara with a friend and his wife. I am married to an Agnostic Buddhist who has no problem with my interest in taking Sikhism into my heart.
I teach college art classes. I am a mom and have a young son. I do sculpture and enter my ceramic work in shows. I have been to India and many places in the world, and I have explored many religions but to date have found nothing more interesting than Sikhism-so open, so welcoming, but strong and fierce in defending their rights throughout such a relatively short and tumultuous history! So admirable! They have spread the gamuts from being artists, militia personnel, writers, musicians, painters....I love the diversity and Guru welcomes it all. Waheguru!

Thank you so welcoming me.

LuluSikh

SPNer
Mar 26, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!
Hi Everyone!! I'm Louise, from Ireland and for quiet a while I've been researching Sikhism! And have fallen in love!!LOL!!
I have lots of questions and am a very open-minded spirit....so fire away!!

LuluSikh

LuluSikh

SPNer
Mar 26, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Hi Everyone!! I'm Louise, from Ireland and for quiet a while I've been researching Sikhism! And have fallen in love!!LOL!!
I have lots of questions and am a very open-minded spirit....so fire away!!

LuluSikh :)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Welcome aboard LuluSikh Ji,

May your visits lead to many wonderful moments. We hope that you will find a lot of interesting reading, listening, posting and more.

~ namjap ~

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fatej

Sat Sri Akal, my name is Jaspreet Singh. I'm 27 living in Chicago, still in school. Lost touch with Sikhism after moving to the States, but beginning the slow journey back.
This website has been helpful in answering questions and to find some quick sat sangat.
Thanks.

All the best.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Welcome to SPN Jaspreet 08 Ji,

May your prayers be answered by the True Guru and may you have fruitful satsangs with the members here.

~ namjap ~

Amrik Singh

SPNer
Aug 28, 2007
Gurfateh!
I did not tell in my presentation but i come to Sikhism wile learning about ancien indo-europeans /arians culture and religion and and their modern dessendants i was scientific minded but realised the limits of science. I became a Sikh by the Grace of the Guru and now my mind is gided by Gurbanis and the Sangat and accept
Akaal Purak Will as the best even when it seems difficult ,and know that nature (as describe by science )is Akaal Purak own Manifestation .Those who love Gurbanis truely love Waheguru who is the suprime Reality and love the truth :If peace is Akaal-Purak will it is the best , if war is His will it is the best.We have no power to live or to die . All depend on His will.Akaal Purak (and His Will) is unchanging ,always the same so when Gurbani tell us about Sat-Yug It mean that at that the time some of the ancestors of those who become Sikhs were folowing the same Sanatan Dharma(eternal will of Waheguru) as the Sikhs.So the Mission of Guru Nanak is to reestablish the SatYug eternal dharma (alowing for the evolution of the way of life)and to finish with social evels and superstitions that dominate the society since after the SatYug.
So by reading (or listening/reciting),understanding (with translation when necessary) ,meditating and obeying Gurbanis and attending the Sat sangat one atune oneself to Waheguru's Will .

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Amrik ji

Welcome to SPN. Enjoy your time with us. Please participate in the discussions. They are lively and the members include some unique individuals.

We are glad you have joined us.

Mar 27, 2008
Sikhi Awareness

SIKHISM AWARENESS

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

DEAR FRIENDS I WOULD LIKE TO START SIKHISM AWARENESS CAMPAIGN TO MAKE OUR YOUTH AWARE OF SIKHISM AND VALUE OF SIKHI HOW WE WERE ABLE TO MAINTAIN THE DIGNITY 0F SIKHISM, THIS WILL BE A TRY TO BRING BACK OUR YOUTH (who have knowingly or unknowingly turned their back towards the way of life shown by Great Guru's and have started chopping gift of God hairs and started consuming Alcohol and Tobacco) TO THE PATH SHOWN BY OUR GURUS AND ON THE WAY GUIDED BY EVER ALIVE GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI

THIS IS A HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL GURUSIKHS LIVING IN INDIA AND ABROAD TO GUIDE THE WAY BY GIVING US SUGGESTIONS AND SUPPORT BOTH MORAL AND MATERIAL AS WE ARE NOT SEEKING ANY MONETARY DONATIONS ITS JUST SOME PUBLICITY MATERIAL LIKE PROJECTORS DISPLAY SCREENS, LAPTOPS, GENERATOR SETS, PA SYSTEMS ARE NEEDED FOR PUBLICITY OF TEACHINGS OF GURUS AND JUGO JUG ATAL SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI

(This is a request that we ourselves have to wake and rise as our so called PANTHIK LEADERS are busy in Politics)

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SARABJOT SINGH GROVER
MOB: +919899790333
EMAIL: groversarabjot@aol.com

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Sikhi Awareness

Sarabjot ji

First of all welcome to SPN. And secondly -- your idea is very good. Please enjoy your time in the forum discussions. You may find that the forum section for Sikh Youth is a good place to start. I would also encourage you to start a blog about this.

The blog link is at the top of every page. If you need help creating an SPN blog any mod will help you.

Sat Nam
and good to meet you,
Antonia

Wordster

SPNer
Apr 13, 2008
Hi, I live in Europe. I won't give my background cause it will be easy to track me down. All the privacy policy talk in this forum scares me!:D

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Wordster ji

Policy talk is a favorite pastime of some of the SPN membership. Don't let it scare you. Read it and form your own opinion. You don't have to participate in the policy talk to enjoy all their is to enjoy on SPN.

I see that you found Introducing Myself -- it does fluster me.

Welcome once again -- check out all the forum sections. We look forward to having conversations with you.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
khanda.gif
welcome.gif

ounkar.gif
fateh.gif
ounkar.gif

Apr 15, 2008
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

About me.... sikh who is trying the best to be in the category to khalsa ...started a small project "GurmatChanan" . The first part of this project is a Gurbani website ..:::GurmatChanan.com - Gurmat Jinee Pehchaniaa Sei Daekhehi Sadaa Hudoor:::.. .Daas request all the user of the forum to visit it once.

Rest trying to learn gurbani and follow the teaching of Dhann Dhann Guru Nanak Dev ji in the life...

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

Gurfateh

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
khanda.gif

Gurmatchanan Ji,

Welcome to SPN. We hope to see your posts reflecting the light of our eternal Guru.

~ namjap ~

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gurmatcharran ji,

Welcome to SPN. We are always so delighted when another person joins us! Enjoy your hours reading resources and joining the conversaton.

Friar Yid

SPNer
Apr 17, 2008
Greetings to all members of SPN. I am a liberal *** from the US interested in learning more about Sikhism. I had a non-religious Sikh friend in High School and found the intersections between our families and backgrounds very enlightening.

I look forward to speaking with you and learning.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: