• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

vini86

SPNer
Feb 12, 2008
sat siri akal evry one.
i m vinod from pakistani...hope u wont mind a pakistani to join this community..dont worry i m not suicide bomber or a terrorist.u r all safe.
i started to listen gurbani few months before and read about guru itehass.it is very touchy and very attractive.i mean the joy and anand that i have felt by listening.never felt before.now i have quit many bad habbits.so thanks to GURU ji.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Welcome to SPN Vini86 Ji,

Enjoy yourself in constructive ways.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
sat siri akal evry one.
i m vinod from pakistani...hope u wont mind a pakistani to join this community..dont worry i m not suicide bomber or a terrorist.u r all safe.
i started to listen gurbani few months before and read about guru itehass.it is very touchy and very attractive.i mean the joy and anand that i have felt by listening.never felt before.now i have quit many bad habbits.so thanks to GURU ji.

Sat sri akal and welcome to spn

Are you a hindu or a sikh or muslim?

Feb 16, 2008
Sat Shiri Akal...i jus wana saii hii...i deciided 2 joiin SPN bcuz i jus wana no more bwt siikhii dat i dont fiind out from my elderdz...u notiiced wiid most elderz, not jus famiily memberz but dem at the gurdwara 2 iz dat wteva dey saii...itz fiinal...u cant ask why :down:...wiich annoys me coz i have diiz fiing 2 ask why...i wana no lotz of stufff...stuff liike boiifriiendz...caste...true happiiness...fank u 2 da ppl hu made SPN :up:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sat Nam, Youngprincess ji.

I think I am understanding what you are saying here. My nephew uses the same text-me-english that you are writing with. So some of the elderz may not be getting it. But I do.

Welcome to SPN. And you and some of the older and younger people may enjoy reading this article about Sikhi and the younger generation at this site. Hope you do. It talks about some of the very concerns that you are talking about.

SikhNet News Archive - Keeping Faith (an essay by Puneet Parhar) - 02/15/2008

I think I will use it to start a thread in the forum, too.

Feb 22, 2008
Hi,

Where WHERE does one post an INTRO?? HOW how does one do THIS? Where is the POST button or the REPLY button, something!!

I personally am ready log off of here and never return, that is how frustrating it has been for me trying to figure out this site.

Sat Nam,

Sat Avtar Karu

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sat Avtar Kaur Ji!

Remain in chardi kala...

Don't leave, please. We're really a bunch of nice people here, worth a little frustration to get to know. Or maybe even a lot of frustration.

And I don't know a better place online to discuss all things Sikh.

It's up to you though!

Feb 22, 2008
Sat Avtar Kaur Ji!

Remain in chardi kala...

Don't leave, please. We're really a bunch of nice people here, worth a little frustration to get to know. Or maybe even a lot of frustration.

And I don't know a better place online to discuss all things Sikh.

It's up to you though!
Ok, I am guessing, asssuming that QUICK REPLY is the Post it button, if that is true, then I am ok, but still I have not really introduced myself. Except maybe obliquely and not exactly what I would wish. I will introduce myself properly sometime between NOW and then when I can re-formulate my thoughts and what I wish to say. Start out on a better foot so to speak. Thanks a lot Sat Avtar Kaur

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Welcome to SPN Sat Avtar Kaur Ji,

I know you'll keep coming to SPN because it is only here that you'll be able to speak your heart out and strengthen the chords within.

Thank you, Mai Ji for this beautiful message that reaches the heart.

jaggy_guru

SPNer
Feb 23, 2008
Sat Shri Akal To All. I have all the faith n love for my Religion.It has given me a unique identity also purpose to Live.Now its my turn to give back to my Religion.For that I have immense source of Love n devotion.Just tap n see.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Jaggy_Guru Ji,

Welcome to SPN. May all your spiritual fantasies turn to reality. Enjoy yourself.

Feb 25, 2008
Sat Shri Akal everybody!
I am one of the newest members of this site, and are quite satisfied with the love and learning I have got from your guys. Finally I have found a website where I can learn much more about my religion.
Are going to spend a lot of time on this website :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Sat Shri Akal everybody!
I am one of the newest members of this site, and are quite satisfied with the love and learning I have got from your guys. Finally I have found a website where I can learn much more about my religion.
Are going to spend a lot of time on this website :)

Punjabimunda ji

welcome to SPN

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome to our forum punjab munda93 ji

Here is hoping that spend many happy hours and find all that SPN offers of interest to you.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
SAT SREE AKAAL ! My interest is to understand completely what Satguru Sahiban revealed about Waheguru and His creation. I am unsatisfied the way Gurbani is translated particularly in English. Currently I am working on a book about Guru Nanak Gobind Singh Panth totally based on Guru Granth Sahib ji. This site brings a lot of people interested in Sikhism, love to hear their views though seldom agree with them personally. Most interesting posts, I have found, are by Vijaydeep Singh who often use "das" to show his humble behaviour. So far only Dr. Baldev Singh(USA) has given me feed for my appitite about Sikhism in totality. Besides there are wonderful members who did start very good threads. I have found while studying Guru Granth Sahib that even the meaning of our mool mantr is defined by Guru Sahiban on various contexts; so while translating Gurbani by sentence or word meaning scholars often criple the open horrizon Gurbani covers. Translation by Dr Darshan Singh is another example of it.
HAR VISRAT SDA KHUAARI
PK

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Pk70 Ji,

Welcome to SPN. Your interest would be in the category of Gurmat Vichaar section in particular.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome CHO412

May your visits lead to many wonderful moments. We hope that you will find a lot of interesting reading, listening, posting and more.

pk70 ji

It is good to read all that you h ave said so far. Welcome to you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM