• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
Hello Brothers and Sisters!

I am a seeker and have explored many religions during my lifetime. I have a very strong love for God and have always felt an almost overwhelming need to be closer to Him. Lately I have been feeling very boxed in by my religion because I believe God is more than that. I have trouble relating to people because so many of them seem to need to limit God by their own understanding or their particular rules about what God can and cannot be. I long to find people who can understand this and who also are pursuing a more intimate relationship with God. And I long for a path in which I can do that... a path in which a firm commitment and public statement can be made. I am tired of being in services that criticize other people's understanding of God and require adherance to dogma. I want to stand for something. I want to reach outward and inward and I want to do it in a peaceful yet passionate way.

I am an anthropologist and my husband and I run a nonprofit organization in Haiti where we are attempting to help a community build a local, sustainable economy. My husband is studying to be a Christian minister, although he does not think in the box.

I am interested in Gnostic Christianity and Sikhism. I have a friend from India and her last name is Kaur. I only recently found out the significance of her name. After my husband I think she is the most beautiful human being I have ever known. That caused me to investigate Sikhism.

I have a lot of questions and am very excited to get registered and get started.

Thank you all for being here.

caroline

Bella11356

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Hello everyone! My name is Stuart I'm 21 years old, i'm a girl with a boys name...lol
I am also a college student and I'm writing my cultural studies paper on Sikhism. I've been reading books and visiting websites but i'm just not finding the depth of the information I am looking for. If anyone would be willing to talk to me about Sikhism, i would love it! More specifically how sikhs today are able to stay true and strong in their faith with the modern world changing around us so quickly. And any insight to your family life and how you stay so close to your family would be great. Sorry if i am assuming sikhs are different from other people, i know they are not, i'm just looking for any little bit of personal information i can get. Thank you so much, i'm glad i found this message board and im so looking forward to hearing from ya'll!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bella ji

Welcome to this forum. You will find it a lively and endearing place where many people will be willing to discuss Sikhi with you.

There are many many different aspects to Sikhism a young religion but rich in understanding.

Participate in discussions and form good friendships here.

Sat Naam

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Riceboy and xylo jios,

Welcome to the forum. This thread seems to have disappeared. There were pages of introductions -- where they have gone I do not know.

Anyway, Randip ji has welcomed you. And Lionchild and Dmitri have engaged you in discussion.

Satnam

svea00

SPN Sewadaar
SPNer
Feb 3, 2008
A warm hello to everybody!
I´m Gabriella, 29, german, but currently living and working in Sweden. I´m very happy that I found this forum, it looks like you all are discussing sikhi issues quite vividly. Quite a bit of information for one willing to learn and understand more.
I was born and brought upp roman catholic and have attended a catholic girls-only school for 6 years... well after that me and catholicism splitt upp somehow. For some good reasons - too many to explain right here. I never tried to fill this religious gap even though I still was a true believer in god.
Some moths ago I found some information about sikhism and was quite astonished how much this religion was matching my believes. So I got curious and the more I read the more I fell in love somehow. :)
It felt a bit like I was chosen by religion. To worship this I decided to follow this path and recently started to learn Gurmukhi and Punjabi (don´t try, I´m still troubled by basic things like letters :)) and reading the Siri Guru Granth Sahib a bit every day (in English).
I´ve become more conscious about myself and my surrounding and more focused on important things in life and on living a good life. I can´t really describe how I feel, I´m still trying to get it straight. I know I want to proceed this way, knowing well that it´s still long way to go.
Thank you for all!
sat sri akal

Feb 9, 2008
New Delhi
Hello members I am new here and I have come here with a purpose in my mind.I want to know more and more about our Gurus.I am an Astrologer and also teach Yoga and Vedanta to whoever come to me.I am interested to know If any member guide me to the articles,books or other resources from where I could find the birth details of Sikh Gurus and other prominent sikh personalities

Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
archarya_vasudev ji

Welcome to the forum. May you experience many hours of interesting reading and conversation with the SPN membership.

Sat Nam

sharan

SPNer
Aug 29, 2007
klang,selangor,malaysia
HI SPN and fellow members, many thanks for your welcome. I've recently joined and am interested in many answers to the questions that are being asked.
Was born in a Sikh family however, don't at all feel that one is therefore obligated to Sikhism...so therefore am on a search to find whether it accords with my natural self. Also looking for answers as to the purpose of our life here and primarily what was the reason for this creation??? Especially as Sikhs believe we are created from the ultimate and therefore in finailty all will once again be consumed and emerged with the ultimate..therefore I ask what was the purpose of this creation....why agonise one's creations (therefore one's self) when ultimately we revert back to the creator??
Of course I understand that many of the answers I will find within myself, and that any intellectual analysis is fruitless, nonetheless I am here for some intellectual enlightenment.

Regards,

Charanjit
hi i,m sharan 4m malaysia.hope u dont mind me recomending these beautiful books.words by one of the most practical n learned soals of our time.h,ll take u on an intimate journey on the path to GOD quote:science has spread scepticism amongest the educated people.the hope of establishing a heaven on earth by means of material progess has led many to ridicul the search for the spiritual path.the GOD of material demands worship at its shrines.we worship the swift moving machinery of our skills,factories and workshops;we worship our offices,our trade n commerce,banks n stok exchanges;scholarships,schools ncolleges.and in the mist of all this worship,we have forgotten the worship of the LORD.it,s indeed quite simple tht between GOD n us,thr is only a veil of unthruth.ths can b removed......naam japna.every human being,t watever religon,race or nation....is gifted by GOD with a hidden'super eye'which is also known as t third eye.....ans by santji at t conference of council for t worlds religons-frankrurt1986 when dr manfred h. vogol askd t qston:how cn one getBhai Kennayah,s vision of non duality,where foes n frnds would seem alike...DIVINE MISTIC ON GURMAT 1&2.THE MIRACLE OF ARDAAS-www.sikhnation.com in english n adraas kalla,akat kattah are in gurmukhi n thy r free. postage also.hope u enjoy as have ppl all over t world-gurfathe....

sharan

SPNer
Aug 29, 2007
klang,selangor,malaysia
thank u yes i have...v belong to one of the most beautiful n practical religions of this world.santji in His infernate wisdom said:-The chief purpose of religion is to free humans 4m other doors n lead them to do ardaas at the door of the lord,which is where all wishes can b fulfilled.small n petty wishes may b fulfilled at the former doors,but it is ony at the Lords door tht ALL wishes can b fulfilled.Great souls like Jesus also belived in the importance n power of ardaas.Jesus said tht with prayer,u can get watever u desire;even if u ask a mountain to go into the sea,it will happen...."So Jesus answered n said to them,-"Have faith in GOD.For assuredly,i say to u,whoever says to this mountain,'be removed n b cast into this sea,'n does not dout in his heart,but believes tht those things he says will b done,he will have watever he says.Therefore I say to u, whatever things u ask when u pray,believe tht u receive them,n u will have them".{mark11:22-26nkjv}Prayer has a special importance in Gurmat.it,s the cure for all difficulties n situations.for sucess v should take the support[ot asra]of Akaal Purukh n not rely on our intelligence.support should b of the Creator n not the created.In fact,v should remove all thoughts of the created,even if they r positive.4m inside us......"The three fevers are removed by the One Lord;Aadhi-disease of the mind,Biadhi-disease of the body,Upadhi-dissease of doubt;He is the Destroyer of pain,the warehouse of peace.No obstacles block the path of one who prays before GOD.......[sggsji714]MIRACLE OF ARDAAS[Saint Scholar Naranjan Singh Ji-SHIROMANI KATHAKAR]

desilegend

SPNer
Feb 9, 2008
Ireland
Sat Sri Akal to everyone!
I would like to introduce myself.
I recently discovered this website and I think it will be very helpful in my life.
I want to learn more about sikhism...

Thanks to creators of this website.Well done.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Desilegend Ji,

Welcome to SPN. Here you'll find a whole new dimension of experiences.

asgvirgo

SPNer
Jan 13, 2008
Dear Gabriella,
Welcome to SPN, good luck with learning of gurmukhi and gurbani.one thing I admire about Sikh faith is,it does not claim monoply over God and Salvation.Ultimately truthful conduct and love are the qualities nneded to be near to our creator

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Welcome to SPN Gurpreet Ji.

Here you'll find a new set of knowledge available to you about Sikhism and other subjects.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: