• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

wonder

SPNer
Jan 16, 2006
Hello, I am a Clinical Social Worker. I am currently working with a family and would like some information on approaches to dealing with various issues. From Temple Practices, rules of the home, family status. how and when to do Temple in the home (no formal temple is located in the area), status of family members, leadership stance on dealing with children with special needs and any other details you can provide. The more I know the better I can meet the family's needs. I am hoping to develop a plan that includes all of the families practices and belief systems to help resolve multople issues with both the family and indivual members.

With all My respect,
Wonder

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Gagandeep Kaur said:
WJKK WJKF
My name is Gagandeep Kaur, I am 11 and I live in Derby. I am interested in Sikhism related discussions.Who ever wants to add me to their buddy list can.
WJKK WJKF
Wah ji Wah... till now we had freespirit as the youngest member, I guess. welcome ji... and keep on participating.

Welcome all :) Share your thoughts ji

kharma397

SPNer
Jan 18, 2006
Wisconsin
Greetings All ! I am a 34 yr. old female from the USA that is new to Sikhism.. I learned some about Sikhism from the Beliefnet.com site.. I find Sikhism is what I choose to follow as far as I agree with quite a lot of it ! I hope I can make new friends here to share interests, and ideas, etc with !

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Kharma 397

You are most welcome on his forum and many congratulations and Good Wishes on start of you Spirtual Journey as a Sikh

Every body here is here to learn

Jatinder Singh

Sep 11, 2005
Re: Hello all << NEW SIKHI SEEKER

Aman Singh said:
Welcome Raj, Looking forward to your insights on life. :) Regards

Dear Aman ji

I was browsing through the introduction section .

I am surprised to know that , the post which I never posted on introduction section is appearing in the introduction .

That message was posted in response to someother topic .

May 26, 2005
San Francisco
It is so good to see this board so vibrant and active.

Waheguruji ka Khalsa! Waheguruji ke Fateh!

My apologies for not being here in such a long time. I had school finals last month, and then my gastric bypass surgery. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, plus I've lost 30 lbs-- a good start. With the Guru's blessing and some hard work, I'll be down to a healthy weight in a few months.

It's good to be back. Gur Fateh!

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Dear Joginder ji, its nice to see you around. We pray for your good health and hearty recovery. We are so glad that you are back! :)

Dear devinesanative ji, many self-introductory threads were merged into this single thread to avoid unnecessary clutter. :)

Regards

nirmal1605

SPNer
Jan 20, 2006
delhi
i am nirmal singh brar from delhi, mba(investments) , now working at stock consultancy firm. i belong to hanumangarh in rajasthan and my native place is baga purana in moga. did schooling from military school,ajmer(rtrictist school in india) and college from gcm,chandigarh. i was youngest president of student council in punjab university chandigarh. earlier i had been also selected in cds and raj. adm. services.i felt that i am lacking towards spritual side and my qaum hence i am associating myself to sikhism forums. regards nirmal singh brar

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Nirmal Singh

Welcome to the forum !!
Thanks for your nice introduction
I hope that we all will learn more on the forum as every body lacks spituality in a sense till we reach our goal

Jatinder Singh

heart

SPNer
Jan 26, 2006
vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Helllo everyone! im heart...

hehe, i will stick to that name for a while..

anyways, ive come to this site to hopefully give adivce to anybody and everybody i can!, and gain some information about the one thing i love most, which is of course sikhi.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Mutia

SPNer
Oct 8, 2005
User:Mutia

From SikhiWiki

MUTIA
alias AMITA SINGH

# Kabeer Kookar Raam Ko Mutia Mera Naon GaleHamare Jevri Jit Khinchy {censored} Jao.# Aim of life is to meet Lord TRUTH(TRUTH is thy TRUE Name)# Amita Kookar Raam Ko Mutia Mera Naon Gale Hamare Jevri Jit Khinchy {censored} Jao.# I Sniff around for aim of my life ie GOD, nay! lord TRUTH. Contents

[hide]
if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = "show"; var tocHideText = "hide"; showTocToggle(); }
[edit]
Tera Dar

• Delhi, INDIA
  • rsba@indiatimes.com
  • LandLine Tele 091 25 69 95 86
[edit]
Know

• 1. English- Final Year STUDENT doing MA at Delhi University.
  • 2. French - Looking forward to learn it.
  • 3. Hindi - Was a Subject in BA
  • 4. Punjabi- Learning
  • 5. GURBANI- ?
[edit]
Temptations

Other Attributes .......................Growing (Hope fully)
[edit]
Looking for GurSikhs: Found...

1. Hari Singh Ji .........2. Navroop Singh Ji.
3. Guglaniji............4.
4. Johnny ji
[edit]
Serving My Own TRUE IDEAs

Look forward to All Sikhs Sharing TRUE IDEAs.

[edit]
REFLECTIONS OF SHIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB ( an IDEA, may be TRUE )

[edit]
The Idea

Let us provide a broadband connection to SikhiWiki by connecting it to Punjabi, Hindi & Gurbani (and not English) knowing Humanity as well.
[edit]
How ?

Commence TRUE 'Akhand Path' (& not Traditional) on SikhiWiki. Mutia starts now ! REFLECTIONS OF SGGS pg1
[edit]
Punjabi to English

Punjabi(English)-----Means-----Pronounced as-----in-----Grammar----Notes
  • 1. mwn (man)--- Honor--'tan'--Pakistan--Noun--
  • 2. Xog(yog)---Worthy of --'yog'--Yoga-- Adjective
  • 3. gj(gaj)---Spirited, Royal, and Martial Roaring, like that of a Lion( dedicated to victory to Lord TRUTH (Sikh Gurus preferred to refer to 'GOD' as 'Lord TRUTH')--'fudge' --Fudge-- Adjective--10th Guru Guru Gobind Singh ordained that no suffix other than 'Singh' (pronounced as 'sing' in 'Single'.) be tagged to the name of a Sikh.
  • 4. ky(ke)--- Using the 'gaj' spirit--ca'--Care--Article
  • 5. boiley(boliey)---Let us (irrespective of cast/creed/socio religious denomination/political leaniages) speak out (boldly & fearlessly)---'soul'+ea'+'ay'--- Soul+ear+play---Verb
  • 6. vwhyguru(waheguru)---(Wonderful GURU/GOD)--'wa'+hai+'goo'+'rue'--- Wall+Hail+Good+True---One absolute TRUTH & Reality--Lord TRUTH
As per Sikh thinking there is no difference between' Lord TRUTH' alias 'GOD' & 'GURU' ( True Path to 'Lord TRUTH'.) We refer to GOD as 'Lord TRUTH' (Nanak expects us to treat all other names, except for 'TRUTH', attributed to Lord TRUTH as artificial names), One way of understanding the theme is to say that 'Lord TRUTH' alias GOD is a consolidation of all universal truths and 'GURU' (a TRUTH) being the consolidation of a set of TRUTHs guiding a Sikh towards 'Lord TRUTH' for living life dedicated to the aim of merging with 'Lord TRUTH' Another way of looking at it could be GURU (a TRUTH) being parallelto the 'ruling' of a Magistrate in a legal case.A 'ruling' deduced from the 'facts' (TRUTHs). 10th guru refers to 'Lord TRUTH' alias 'GOD' being 'One' & 'Many' at the same time.
  • 7. kw(kaa)---of---'la'---Blast---Article
  • 8. Kls+w(khalsa)---Pure + (human) being---'la'+'l' +'la'---Blast+Steal+Blast---Pronoun
  • 9. kI(kee)---of---'key'---Key---Article---
  • 10. fqyh(fateh)---Victory---'stay'---Stay---Noun---
  • 11. swry(saare)---All---'la+ry---blast+pray---Pronoun---
  • 12. nwnk(Nanak)---Nanak (first Sikh Guru)---'la'+'n'+'k'---
Blast+Run+Luck---Personal Noun
  • 13. iliKe(likhiye)---Let us write---'li'+'kh'+'i'+'y'---Lid+Khalsa+Lid+Play---Verb---
  • 14. Gr(ghar)---House(Lord TRUTH's Abode)---sir---Sir---Noun
  • 15. golw(gola)---Slave (of TRUE IDEAs to Lord TRUTH)---goal+'la'---Goal+Blast---Pronoun
  • 16. jI(ji)Sir---'key'---Key---Pronoun---
  • 17. Kwls(Khals)---Pure---sure---Sure---Adjective---
[edit]
Templates

UNDERSTANDING SATGUR

siqgur

TRUE IDEA

siqguru syvin Awpxw qy ivrly sMswir ]
Those who serve their own TRUE IDEA in this world are very rare.
haumY mmqw mwir kY hir rwiKAw aur Dwir ]
Those who keep TRUTH enshrined in their hearts subdue egotism and possessiveness.
hau iqn kY bilhwrxY ijnw nwmy lgw ipAwru ]
I am a
sacrifice to those who are in love with TRUTH.
syeI suKIey chu jugI ijnw nwmu AKutu Apwru ]3]
Those who
attain the Inexhaustible TRUTHs from Infinite Lord remain happy throughout the four ages. ||3||

Retrieved from "http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php?title=User:Mutia"

Hardkaur

SPNer
Jan 30, 2006
Wahaguru ji ka khalsa wahaguru ji ki fatah
Im woman of few words, Its nice to meet u all
wahaguru ji ka khalsa wahaguru ji ki fatah

jatin_co

SPNer
Feb 4, 2006
delhi
hello everyone
i am new,my name is jatinder i really like this site,i really feel proud as in this age when every one are leaving there roots still there are few who remember from where we belong to(god).
hi to all once again:)

Sema

SPNer
Feb 5, 2006
hello to everyone,

I´m a turkish student, living in germany and I have to prepare a research paper about "Sikhism". As I never heard about this religion before, I would really appreciate your help :)
Thanks in advance.

Sema

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Sema said:
hello to everyone,

I´m a turkish student, living in germany and I have to prepare a research paper about "Sikhism". As I never heard about this religion before, I would really appreciate your help :)
Thanks in advance.

Sema
Welcome Sema :)

You may find lot of information about sikhi on this site. In case, a particular things comes up to you, please feel free to ask on forums.

Thanks, Arvind.

Kosalai

SPNer
Feb 9, 2006
Hello Everyone,
I'm Kosalai living in Sydney Australia. I am a Balvikas teacher. As Sai teachings always promoting unity of faiths, I want to learn about Sikhism. I hope this site will help me to learn about Sikhism.

Regards,
Kosalai

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM