• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

singharjun13

SPNer
May 17, 2010
I had penned down life sketches of following personalities from SIKH HISTORY

Satgur Nanak Dev Jee
Baba Farid Jee
Satguru Arjan dev jee
Baba Bakale
Bhai Taru Singh
Baba Banda Singh Bahadur
Mai Bhago
Chakaur Sahib Battle
Martyrdom of Sahibzada Zorawar Sing & Fateh Singh jee
Machiwara
Bhai Manjh

All these projects need funding to make them visible on celluloid as films

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2012
Southern NH -- USA
Gurfateh!

I'm just a seeker. Actually now that I think of it, I can't really call myself a seeker if I accept that that I must live within God's Will and that everything happening is Hukam, right? Well regardless I spent childhood as a Christian, High School as a Buddhist, College as a Hindu. Many people laugh and say "What's next?" But my love for God has never changed, I've just been exploring the range of ways to express that love. I'm not a Sikh, at least not by way of identity (wear the 5K's, tell people i am one) But when I first heard the Japujii was astonished and then I found out what it meant and it was like everything Id been looking for. So I've become content with just surrendering to Truth because wherever Truth is, there is God.

Love and Peace for ALL Beings and Sat Naam!
James

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Gurfateh!

I'm just a seeker. Actually now that I think of it, I can't really call myself a seeker if I accept that that I must live within God's Will and that everything happening is Hukam, right? Well regardless I spent childhood as a Christian, High School as a Buddhist, College as a Hindu. Many people laugh and say "What's next?" But my love for God has never changed, I've just been exploring the range of ways to express that love. I'm not a Sikh, at least not by way of identity (wear the 5K's, tell people i am one) But when I first heard the Japujii was astonished and then I found out what it meant and it was like everything Id been looking for. So I've become content with just surrendering to Truth because wherever Truth is, there is God.

Love and Peace for ALL Beings and Sat Naam!
James

I think we are all seekers. When we find what we are seeking, we seek a deeper understanding.

It might surprise you to know that the current official definition of Sikh says nothing about 5 Ks or even claiming to be a Sikh; It's only about belief.

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I
Any human being who faithfully believes in
i. One Immortal Being,
ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,
iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,
iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and
v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh
I personally think it needs revising, but that is where we are today. I would urge anyone whether born into a Sikh family or answering Guru's call on their own to remember that they are representing all of us when they are a visible Sikh. Everything they do reflects on all of us, whether positively or negatively. No one should be a visible Sikh unless they act in a way that honours Guru ji and the Saadh Sangat.

I am not, of course, referring to you. I am specifically thinking about the brouhaha with the turbaned Sikh who was on the Queen's barge who had been convicted of sex crimes.

(I apologise for the horrendous grammar, slipping seamlessly from singular to plural pronouns. It's a choice of bad grammar or clumsy constructions or sexism. I opted for bad grammar this time.)

:interestedkudi:​

Jun 14, 2012
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! I'm new to these forums and happy that I finally decided to join SPN and start posting now. I also have a question how do I upload a forum avatar. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!:redturban:

gurinder981

SPNer
Jun 15, 2012
Ropar (Punjab)
Waheguru g ka khalsa
Waheguru g ki fateh
Hello Friends my name is gurinder singh, i am 26 years old and new on this website. i do not know about much of this website. i am searching lyrics of a gurbani shabad Apni mehar kar. by Satvinder singh & Harvinder singh
thats my most loveable shabad i want learn this shabad if anybody has the lyrics of this shabad plz send me link.

Waheguru g ka khalsa
Waheguru g ki fateh

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Akashdeep, Amrit Kaur, Gurinder Singh and Jay Gil ji,
A very warm welcome to all welcomekaurwelcomemundawelcomekaur

Please take time to explore the wealth of information here and interact. Contribute on old and new threads. I look forward to hearing from you!!
Thank you for joining the SPN family. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Ruqa

SPNer
Jun 23, 2012
Queensland, Australia.
Hi I'm Ruqa. I was born and raised in Australia but my heritage is half Italian and half Punjabi. I'm a Muslim. If you don't mind I'd like to look around the site and maybe ask a few questions here and there if I don't understand something. I'm here because i'd like to learn a bit about your beliefs and I promise i'll be very respectful while i'm here. Is that ok?

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Hi I'm Ruqa. I was born and raised in Australia but my heritage is half Italian and half Punjabi. I'm a Muslim. If you don't mind I'd like to look around the site and maybe ask a few questions here and there if I don't understand something. I'm here because i'd like to learn a bit about your beliefs and I promise i'll be very respectful while i'm here. Is that ok?

Of course it is ok!!! welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurkaurhug

All respectful people are very welcome. It is only by education and understanding can the world hope to become friendlier and more tolerant so thank you for joining us. I hope you enjoy SPN :grinningsingh:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Thank you for the big welcome :) I totally agree with you about the education and understanding comment. Btw you've got the cutest smileys on this site.:grinningkudi:

They're wonderful aren't they! They are the creation of respected member Mai Harinder Kaur Ji and add a lot of character to SPN. We all love them cheerleader:mundabhangra::singhbhangra:cheeringmunda

Khanpasha

SPNer
Jun 25, 2012
I'm Khanpasha, and (though I hate using this term, as it conjures up images of hypocritical, arrogant youths jumping around 'trendy' faiths) I am a spiritual seeker, for lack of any better term. I come from a religiously eclectic background - at any given family gathering, you can find Sufis, Shi'ites, Russian and Greek Orthodox Christians and Jews.

While there is no doubt in my mind about God, I've been at a loss as to which system is best for myself. Which has ultimately led me here - the basic tenets of Sikhism, as I understand them, seem almost tailor made for my personal philosophy. I'm simply here to learn and, maybe, adopt Sikhism as my own way of life.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM